Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

make it so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oUz1v17Uo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

best snipe in my life

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Captain Jon luke picard of the you ess ess enter prise

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
makemakemakemakemakemakemakeit make it make it so

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

AntherUslessPoster posted:

Watching Babylon 5 for the first time in my life with PIC back to back...raises more questions that I would like to admit. Or even to acknowledge to myself.
This is heart-breaking but from one point of view PIC is what lizard combatant says.

OR

The whole plotline of the season is to show how Picard's depressed escape broke him into shadow of his former self.
He does jack poo poo half of screen time, he just witnesses whats happening, gets schooled on how the universe is far more cruel and dark than his Majestic Presence Of Perfectionism on a Flagship of sinless Utopian Federation, applauds Raffi's loss of a friend for a cause, generally being an ignorant dick to everyone else; which led to many problems and unnecessary deaths like Hugh. All his journey so far that would have been a perfect lossless story for TNG Picard turns out to be not quite good. But now, after this episode where he gets some truths shoved into his face he might come back to TNG Picard we loved and liked and everything will be 'my dads trek' back again?

I hope it's this case, not what we saw so far. I hope Lizard Combatant is wrong and we will see ultimate character development in form of comeback from ignorant oval office of a former celebrity into Captain Jean Luc Picard.

Lol, I hope the version of me in this post is wrong as well.

To be clear, I wasn't suggesting there's no character development of Picard. More that the show is using him as a personification of the previous series and is intentionally or otherwise using that to say some troubling things about said series. I am leaning more towards "unintentional" as time goes on.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
He just... kept talking and talking in one incredibly unbroken sentence moving from topic to topic so that no one had the chance to interrupt him.

It was really quite hypnotic.

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
I was pleased that Sirtis half remembered how to do the Counselor Troi thing. Riker even stopped being totally Frakes and did his serious/deep voice Riker for a minute.

I enjoyed every scene with Riker, Troi, and Picard on the planet. Actually the entire sequence on the planet was great imo. That poo poo is exactly what I want from ST: Picard and I could not care less if it’s fan service.

Everything else is meh— really sad how they murdered off Hugh, the Agnes thing doesn’t make a lot ]of sense. At least the Romulan jedi stuff is kinda fun.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

brb going to ride horse

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Snow Cone Capone posted:

brb going to ride horse

There was some big Generations energy I’m this ep.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

There was some big Generations energy I’m this ep.

Oh I was going for the ep where he fucks off to ride a horse instead of listening to that one Commander talk

e: lol how could I forget it was Starship Mine I love that episode

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 5, 2020

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Oh I was going for the ep where he fucks off to ride a horse instead of listening to that one Commander talk

Every serious rider has their own saddle Mr Worf.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

Lizard Combatant posted:

More that the show is using him as a personification of the previous series and is intentionally or otherwise using that to say some troubling things about said series. I am leaning more towards "unintentional" as time goes on.

I hope you are wrong in this, yes.
There is a chance it all pays off as I stated in the spoiler, but then there is your opinion and logically you are right. But! SirPatStew is writing it too so I HOPE all the struggles are for a good reason.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

nine-gear crow posted:

Also lol yeah [spoiler]I laughed when Jurati just woofed the tracker into her mouth without prompting and was half expecting Oh to be like “the gently caress are you doing?”.

"Stop, it's a suppository!"

How does that poo poo work anyway? Presumably it can withstand stomach acid and its not going to be, uh, passed through her system? So it'd have to absorbed into her blood stream then, so what is it? Nanobot transmitters? Radiation?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Lizard Combatant posted:

"Stop, it's a suppository!"

How does that poo poo work anyway? Presumably it can withstand stomach acid and its not going to be, uh, passed through her system? So it'd have to absorbed into her blood stream then, so what is it? Nanobot transmitters? Radiation?

Borg nanoprobes :tinfoil:

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Borg nanoprobes :tinfoil:

Oh my gawwwwwd.

Was it even a tracker, maybe it was just an antacid for her post mind meld vom?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Tonight on "sci-fi plot or acid trip": an alien wearing sunglasses made me hallucinate by touching my face and then told me to eat a glowing blue tablet

e: actually I'm pretty sure this happened to me at a festival once

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Mar 6, 2020

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Tonight on "sci-fi plot or acid trip": an alien wearing sunglasses made me hallucinate by touching my face and then told me to eat a glowing blue tablet

I'm assuming you're recalling the order of events backwards.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Lol

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Lizard Combatant posted:

I'm assuming you're recalling the order of events backwards.

No I'm pretty sure I ate a magic tablet earlier too, unprompted by a shady (:haw:) alien

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

No I'm pretty sure I ate a magic tablet earlier too, unprompted by a shady (:haw:) alien

Haven't we all traversed the mycelium network at a festival or new years eve beach party?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Allison Pill sold everything very well, I liked that scene even if it made me a little queasy.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Lizard Combatant posted:

Haven't we all traversed the mycelium network at a festival or new years eve beach party?

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

goddamnit

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GoutPatrol posted:

Allison Pill sold everything very well, I liked that scene even if it made me a little queasy.

She's good I hope she gets forgiven by Picard and remains a part of the show.

I guess I'm expecting it to end with the main cast deciding to become a crew and do adventures going forward and thatll be how these particular voyages continue

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Maybe if Allison Pill keeps puking she'll puke out one of the Conspiracy aliens

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did y'all read that scene as her trying to kill herself or just gently caress herself up enough that the tracker stopped working

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

zoux posted:

I guess I'm expecting it to end with the main cast deciding to become a crew and do adventures going forward and thatll be how these particular voyages continue

That's great! Too bad I don't really give a poo poo about any of them!

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

zoux posted:

Did y'all read that scene as her trying to kill herself or just gently caress herself up enough that the tracker stopped working

The second BUT doing so in a way that would probably kill her and her being okay if that happened

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Longbaugh01 posted:

That's great! Too bad I don't really give a poo poo about any of them!

And yet here you are

Tars Tarkas posted:

The second BUT doing so in a way that would probably kill her and her being okay if that happened

Yeah that's a good read

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I didn't read it as either of those - IMO she's taking advantage of Rios's suspicion of Raffi and will claim that Raffi poisoned her cake/milk

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

zoux posted:

And yet here you are

Very reductive.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
Killing Hugh like that was absolutely garbage-tier writing, and lmao when Seven becomes a new Borg Queen

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
That episode was hamfisted as gently caress.

Also, I wish they'd stop using loving 3D printers as replicator props.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Combat Pretzel posted:

ok yeah I noticed that too and it was dumb as hell

your prop is literally "a thing that moves to make other things" but it stays perfectly still while it replicates, lol

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
3d printer is a way, way more embarrassing ice cream machine

It's not even a cool prop.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I didn’t mind it so much in the Mars scene earlier this season, but the one in this episode looked loving awful, complete with giant ribbon cable.

Tars Tarkas posted:

This is also how I saw it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The Bloop posted:

3d printer is a way, way more embarrassing ice cream machine

It's not even a cool prop.

:mad:
3d printers are cool as hell (just not when they're pretending to be replicators)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snow Cone Capone posted:

:mad:
3d printers are cool as hell (just not when they're pretending to be replicators)

3d printers are rad af but it's a plastic box with a clear door and UL warning stickers on it

They don't even look mysterious or futuristic. An easy bake oven with some Borg greebles and K'NEX glued to it would be a better prop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Combat Pretzel posted:

At least take the extruder out! Why leave it if it's not going to move or do anything other than make it very obviously a 3D printer?!