Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Nice to meet you, i'm buttocksuck the slobberwobbler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Also that thing next to it is the Hot Dog Hood

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

So let’s review: Tom Nook is setting up people on isolated, unpopulated private islands. A little odd but not unheard of. Next the only way on or off the island is an airline that he controls. A little disconcerting if your conspiracy minded but still ok. The only means those on the island have to communicate with the outside world is Nook phones, proprietary devices he directly controls. Getting weird now. He gives those on the island 100% interest free loans they can choose to pay back or not. That’s really weird how does Nook plan to make money back on this venture? Something is clearly going on here. Tom Nook is creating secret labs in the museums on his island. I’ve played Resident Evil I know how secret labs in museums go. We’re test subjects for this evil little raccoon man!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

broken pixel posted:

Here's another run at the tag, now with angry raccoon eyes. I tried making the O mask different colors and shapes, but this one was the easiest to read at "tiny tag" size. I'm not 100% on it but I'll leave it up to the thread!

Also, I realized I have no idea how gang tags get distributed on the forums. :shrug:

This is cool and good and I want it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Why do people think Nook controls Dodo Airlines?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1235669618280165376

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Kaethela posted:

Petition a mod/admin to do it, typically.

Cool, cool, thank you! Should I hit up Reene/VideoGames about it, or is it up to everyone to individually do it?

I want to combine the paper bag with some of those sick shades, but I guess I'll get over not having that in exchange for the flood of other upgrades.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

An admin has to upload it to the forums server. I can't remember if a mod or an admin can add it to each individual's custom title, but it all has to be done by hand.

I got as far as playing with text, which I offer:

mutata fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 5, 2020

Wendell
May 11, 2003

mutata posted:

An admin has to upload it to the forums server. I can't remember if a mod or an admin can add it to each individual's custom title, but it all has to be done by hand.

I got as far as playing with text, which I offer:

I like this font a lot!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I had to step out for a bit and boy was I startled when I came back to this thread

Also startled that I typo'd. Oops.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Logo only:

mutata fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 5, 2020

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Combine this with angry nook or timmy/tommy and it'd be perfect.

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So let’s review: Tom Nook is setting up people on isolated, unpopulated private islands. A little odd but not unheard of. Next the only way on or off the island is an airline that he controls. A little disconcerting if your conspiracy minded but still ok. The only means those on the island have to communicate with the outside world is Nook phones, proprietary devices he directly controls. Getting weird now. He gives those on the island 100% interest free loans they can choose to pay back or not. That’s really weird how does Nook plan to make money back on this venture? Something is clearly going on here. Tom Nook is creating secret labs in the museums on his island. I’ve played Resident Evil I know how secret labs in museums go. We’re test subjects for this evil little raccoon man!

Well hey there's an idea for a name, Umbrella Island

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Kaethela posted:

Combine this with angry nook or timmy/tommy and it'd be perfect.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Seeing so much good art makes me want to be a Raccoon Goon too.

That and the fact that finally I can have a character with a beard in a Nintendo game. That is all I ever wanted.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i think i might name my island after my cats because i can't think of anything better. Their names are Amsterdam and Ahab so...

Amsterhab?

Ämsterhäb? do we get umlauts?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Perhaps this? Using mutata's logo combined with the Nook kid picture posted by Captain Hygiene earlier.

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Can't wait for this game and I guess it's finally time to accept Saints Row 2 was the high point and become a raccoon goon instead

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Is it too late to be a raccoon goon

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I want to be in the Raccoon gang

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Humerus posted:

Can't wait for this game and I guess it's finally time to accept Saints Row 2 was the high point and become a raccoon goon instead

Added rounded corners and some finishing if transparency is an option:

More saturated:

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Please let me join your gang, fellas.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

I am so ready to rip and tear the wrapping off of presents sent to me by goons, before writing a thank you letter with a gift of my own.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

mutata posted:

More saturated:

Mods? MODS??!! PLEASE?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I wanna be in this raccoon gang

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

mutata posted:

More saturated:

I do like the dynamic text and corners better, but I also kinda liked the flipped version of the raccoons broken pixel used so the flag isn't hiding behind the words. But really I love em all :)

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

I've never played any games in the series before, but I am ready to be invested. What do I need to know before getting started?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bioshuffle posted:

I've never played any games in the series before, but I am ready to be invested. What do I need to know before getting started?

Literally just have fun.

There's no primer really needed for animal crossing. It'll explain what it's about when you start and you just kind of go at your own pace building a house and island that you think would be relaxing to hang out on.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Bioshuffle posted:

Things move slowly. If you send a letter it won't arrive until the next day. KK Slider only plays once a week. The bugs and fish you can catch change with the seasons.

So don't go in expecting that you'll be able to get your island just how you like it right away. These things take time. Play a bit every day and enjoy the experience of slowly making things, catching fish, and getting to know your neighbors.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

As another person who has never played AC, how interactive are the villagers, compared to, say, Stardew Valley? I know AC games don't have any relationship-building-style stuff, but getting to know the villagers better in SV was one of the most interesting bits of the game and I'd like to see something similar to that (although SV could definitely have improved a lot on that front, too!) Are there generally any sidestories/quests for the villagers? Do they generally actually *do* stuff, or more just walk around aimlessly and repeat lines from a list? Can you actually become friends with them? AC games seem so open-ended that it has me a bit worried that interaction with the other characters stays very shallow in favour of the player being able to do whatever they want.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I've never played an Animal Crossing before but in anticipation of this I started playing Pocket Camp a few weeks ago and now I cant stop compulsively grabbin' peaches and catchin' crabs

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

This one gets my vote.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Animal Crossing is less a game and more an interior (and now exterior) design simulator. There are minimal goals, no story, no writing. It's just a chill thing to chill and do, the byob of gaming.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

i want to be part of raccoon gang i want to live on a deserted island

Stool Sample
Nov 8, 2006

EVERYONE Poops!?

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so stoked for the yard decorations, that might be my favorite new feature.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

broken pixel posted:

Attempt 1: raccoon goon gang tag. I tried to keep that classic Animal Crossing spirit for it, but I'd love to see other ideas!

Well gently caress now I want in. MORE TAGS FOR THE PILE.

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want to be a Racoon Goon

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Chronicler of Dongs
Apr 22, 2003

~*~ Magic Mittens ~*~

Bioshuffle posted:

It's a chill, slow rear end burn. Catch some bugs, collect some furniture, trade and hang out with some cool folks and have a good ol time.

:mmmhmm:

Chronicler of Dongs fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Mar 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Hempuli posted:

As another person who has never played AC, how interactive are the villagers, compared to, say, Stardew Valley? I know AC games don't have any relationship-building-style stuff, but getting to know the villagers better in SV was one of the most interesting bits of the game and I'd like to see something similar to that (although SV could definitely have improved a lot on that front, too!) Are there generally any sidestories/quests for the villagers? Do they generally actually *do* stuff, or more just walk around aimlessly and repeat lines from a list? Can you actually become friends with them? AC games seem so open-ended that it has me a bit worried that interaction with the other characters stays very shallow in favour of the player being able to do whatever they want.

No real sidestories/quests; they'll sometimes ask you to deliver or fetch a thing or offer a trade or something like that, but nothing overarching. In the past games they would just walk around aimlessly and fish and whatnot but it looks like they might have a bit more to do in this one. I'm not sure what characters would do in SV so it's hard to compare. You can definitely become friends with them, and they'll remember if you've been nice/mean to them to an extent.