Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

Remember when Eggman got Boris to commit to a investigation into Islamophobia during the debates?

lol it never happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

They've expanded it into an investigation into general bad vibes

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

XMNN posted:

literally on a plane about to take off for Belfast international, what sort of torture are we talking about here

iss it cbt?

It's improved a bit in the last few months but last year they repeatedly had hour long waits at security gates even for domestic flights and the lack of train links routinely drives people round the bend, it usually ranks pretty low on most metrics for what makes a good airport (delays, commute time etc)

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

MikeCrotch posted:

Just in the gym and realised that this is probably the perfect breeding ground for coronavirus huh

"I'll show you who's boss of this germ."

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Manchester Central AGM was full of shenanigans tonight:

After a year of being stymied by the executive who have managed to prevent any All Members meeting actually voting (thus ensuring all decisions are made only by the executive), so far by first demanding an ever higher quorum, then stopping attending themselves so that quorum could not be reached: manchester momentum were finally poised to vote in a whole new slate and sweep the board.

So everyone dragged themselves out of the city centre to Beswick on a cold night, as they had of course changed the venue to one out of town to reduce turnout.

We finally get down to voting, our man Gareth gives a rousing speech for the position of CLP chair, demanding that manchester clp be more participatory, and we actually get to vote on issues.

Tellers are drawn, votes are cast.

After a long long count they come back - "There have been voting irregularities, a teller was seen taking slips of paper out of their pocket. But it appears the count was a draw. Sadly some members have since left and we now have no 'resources' to conduct a second vote, so I must call this meeting to a close". When asked what resources they needed, the answer was "paper" at which point lots of members waved their full voting slips for the rest of the slate, asking why couldn't we use some other paper. At which point Lucy Powell piped up - suggested a coin toss, which was roundly rejected and the meeting broke up with no new executive elected.

loving centrists, its a microcosm of everything happening in the world right now. I just burst out laughing, sorry Gareth, next time mate.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Crankit posted:

I hope they do a train tumnel to ireland

being able to take an irish sea channel tunnel from glasgow to ireland does sound pretty cool. much better than the supposed great benefit having slightly less bother with the ferry when driving over. admittedly i know absolutely nothing about the practical details of the feasibility of engineering any of this crap

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Junkenstein posted:

They're probably fine to be charging you for doing what an umbrella payroll company is supposed to do, even though it wasn't your choice to seek them out and have no option but to be paid like that. Be interesting to see if they could give you a VAT invoice for this service they're providing you. Worth checking your contract(s).

*douses torch, puts down pitch folk* Oh, well, that has taken the wind out of my sails. It's £16 each week though loving capitalism.

Shyrka
Feb 10, 2005

Small Boss likes to spin!
The one good thing about Bernie getting ratfucked again is that the Trump/Biden debates are gonna be hilarious.

Other than that yeah full on hellworld we're all hosed lmao this owns.

edit: Saw this in the CSPAM pictures thread and it's relevant.

https://twitter.com/nightwarning/status/1235280367382417408

Shyrka fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 5, 2020

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
hour-long debates with single-digit numbers of completed sentences are gonna own

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Ah the corona has reached Cardiff finally, I'm surprised it took this long :rip:

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Angepain posted:

being able to take an irish sea channel tunnel from glasgow to ireland does sound pretty cool. much better than the supposed great benefit having slightly less bother with the ferry when driving over. admittedly i know absolutely nothing about the practical details of the feasibility of engineering any of this crap

It would be a few hours drive on small country roads from Glasgow. Transport links aren’t great on the NI side either. End up taking much longer than the ferry.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Obviously you need to build a tunnel right into glasgow and belfast.

Or connect it right to the motorway in glasgow, make that an even worse idea :v:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/PodsidePete/status/1235663067624755201?s=19

This feels accurate

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Basically yes that is 21st century politics.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Trains don't go on roads

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

:australia:

Mebh
May 10, 2010

gently caress it, just build tunnels to everywhere. We'll need them when the world goes metro 2033.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Thats a funny train, I'd have called it a chazzwozza

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I was about to propose that the best infrastructure project would be to start a love train, but people all over the world joining hands is probably not a good idea at present

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Reminds me of a comic strip called The Driver. Of a trucker with an impossibly long trailers behind him
Appeared in a comic called Toxic! in the UK in the late 90s.

Here is someone who put it to music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-PjNLRUdw8

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I was watching Question Time (yes I hate myself, why do you ask?) and most of the program was about COVID-19, as can be expected.

The last 10-15 minutes was about the accusations against Priti Patel, and both Margaret Beckett and Layla Moran failed to address this in the one clear way they should be -

https://twitter.com/mehall/status/1235711621340762112

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

happyhippy posted:

Reminds me of a comic strip called The Driver. Of a trucker with an impossibly long trailers behind him
Appeared in a comic called Toxic! in the UK in the late 90s.
Reminds me of this on road vs. rail:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Penny arcade's art style has really changed over the years.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I guess i should be primarily offended by the content but mostly i'm offended by the flagrant disregard for panel aspect ratios

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

happyhippy posted:

Made me think of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5ZLJWQmss

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

First film I ever watched on video, and as a result one of my favourite films of all time (because we only had like four cassettes for the Video 2000 machine my dad had got down the market to tape things off the telly and of course no chance to buy pre-recorded ones).

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
A friend's going mad on FB posting covers of Guns of Brixton. I like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF2vUCaYt30

SpitefulHammer
Dec 27, 2012
Wilkos conveniently slashing sick pay...

I can see more companies implementing similar policies soon.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

OwlFancier posted:

Penny arcade's art style has really changed over the years.

This legit made me angrier than anything else that's been posted in the thread this year.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

SpitefulHammer posted:

What are you insinuating they clearly said it's nothing to do with the covid-19. Nothing at all. Just a coincidence.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Crankit posted:

Trains don't go on roads

What about Road-Rail Vehicles? I suppose you're going to tell me I'm "an idiot" and they're "not trains", well fair comment. Though when you;re working on them they do get called roads so you'll have someone talk about the "up road" and "down road" rather than the "up rail" and "down rail".

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
*hits bong*

check this out

"Rail-Road"

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I think Gaby Hinsliff has this picture framed next to her bed:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/mar/05/anger-politics-political-leaders

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

MikeCrotch posted:

*hits bong*

check this out

"Rail-Road"
rail-way

high-way

rail-road

therefore, high-road

:2bong:

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

SpitefulHammer posted:

In no way could this possibly backfire when employees who can’t afford to be off sick go in and the entire store gets infected along with customers

No way whatsoever.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

SpitefulHammer posted:

I am becoming so numbed to this kind of stuff. Just profit over life every day, and no one really seems to care and no agency above them will do anything because tories are in power.
Good lord capitalism is the pits.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Bah i like wilko. Guess I'm gonna have to write them a letter.

Anyway seems like a mandate to work from home is all but inevitable at some point this month, so I'll gonna do my prepper shop tonight and prepare to hole up for probably months.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

SpitefulHammer posted:

I legitimately thought Wilko's went bankrupt about 10 years ago.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
There's a big one in Leicester and another big one at Beaumont Leys. I always thought they were good but guess they're prone to being poo poo like any other business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

VideoGames posted:

I am becoming so numbed to this kind of stuff. Just profit over life every day, and no one really seems to care and no agency above them will do anything because tories are in power.
Good lord capitalism is the pits.

Ah yes but one day I might be the one reaping the profits! Then I will be glad all the little people like me are getting screwed! Surely only a matter of time before the tables turn :slick: