Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
To add... The ship's home port is San Francisco. It started there, went to Hawaii, and was going to make one final stop in Mexico before they cut it short and went back "home" where they are currently waiting for test results before they can dock.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

one of the big fast food chains just bought basically the entirety of my employers free storage space in our refrigerated warehousing in response to CoVid-19. this is in :australia:

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Zero One posted:

To add... The ship's home port is San Francisco. It started there, went to Hawaii, and was going to make one final stop in Mexico before they cut it short and went back "home" where they are currently waiting for test results before they can dock.

Oh cool so just 5 days for the test waiting

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

QuarkJets posted:

Oh cool so just 5 days for the test waiting

Hell yeah, bonus cruise :tubular:

riseofmydick
Dec 18, 2019

by Pragmatica

We are so hosed

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Some of the medical professionals who have been caring for people with coronavirus are having trouble getting tests from the CDC:

https://twitter.com/mattdpearce/status/1235688983603994625?s=21

“If you were wearing the required equipment then you wouldn’t have coronavirus."

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Mar 6, 2020

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Laserface posted:

one of the big fast food chains just bought basically the entirety of my employers free storage space in our refrigerated warehousing in response to CoVid-19. this is in :australia:

They're stocking up while they can? They're expecting sales to drop and need somewhere to keep unused food? Somebody's taken over their real coldstore for corpses? I don't know how meaningful your news is.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Zero One posted:

Looks like it's pointed into the wind going about windspeed in order to stay stationary-ish.

They're just holding offshore waiting for the test results.

They're doing 11 knots speed over ground, which is about 50% throttle... Which is customary in the area due to whale collisions

They're past the city, almost past Drake's Bay. No reason why they can't circle around

There's no reason they can't anchor in the bay south of the bay bridge, kind of odd to keep them in the ocean waiting on test kits when they can do that at anchor in the protected bay

They might wait until after sunset to bring the ship in, plauge ship photographed under the GG bridge is not good PR. NASA cut down a bunch of trees towing the shuttle through LA rather than get pictures of the removable wings stripped from the fuselage

naem
May 29, 2011

oh boy a plague ship

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Zero One posted:

Calling SF it's home port is sketchy at best. The ship is docked at Pier 17/23 for perhaps 2-3 days a month, it doesn't have a permanent parking space here. It's flagged out of Bermuda so technically Hamilton is it's home port and probably painted on the stern. It probably does do more refueling here, and resupplies every time it's here, but it can do those things at it's other ports of call.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Is there a wake scheduled for Burt yet? I'd like to make a donation to the Goon Fund in his memory

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Is three olives on one of these cruises?

*runs with wildly into the thread, thousands of posts late and definitely already beaten to the joke* "that's not-wait-that, that's not the kind of cruising he -Hahaha- not the kind of cruising he meant" *dies of corona virus*

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Another one today

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Over the last few weeks, we’ve implemented new and enhanced health & safety protocols, along with travel regulations, to ensure we maintain a healthy environment onboard as developments related to coronavirus COVID-19 continue to change globally. While we continue to assess the impact, we’ve decided to add a new health screening which supports all our initiatives put in place to help keep you healthy & safe!

So, starting March 6th, 2020 on all Royal Caribbean International ships, mandatory temperature screenings will be conducted for all guests and crewmembers on embarkation day. If your temperature is above 100.4°F or 38° C, you and those in your party will undergo a secondary health screening. Temperatures will be taken with a digital, no-touch thermometer. So, no need to worry.

If you require a secondary screening, this is what you can expect:

Your temperature will be checked again.
You’ll undergo a pulse oximetry reading. This means, a small device will be placed on your finger to measure your oxygen level.
If you happen to have a chronic lung illness, like asthma, please bring a letter from your medical practitioner that indicates your normal baseline oxygen saturation levels. This will help ensure you are not denied boarding if you are healthy otherwise.
Then, a medical professional will check you for flu-like symptoms, respiratory illness, etc., and would make a final assessment to understand if you’re fit to sail.
If it is decided that we must unfortunately deny you boarding, you’ll receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit for your cruise fare paid, and any precruise Royal Caribbean International purchases and taxes and fees will be refunded to your original form of payment.

And, if for any reason, you happen to have a fever before your cruise, we kindly ask you to not come to the port. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor immediately and we will happily provide you with a credit for future travel.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation while we do everything possible to keep our ships safe for you! We look forward to seeing you onboard!

Sincerely,

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Hadlock posted:

Calling SF it's home port is sketchy at best. The ship is docked at Pier 17/23 for perhaps 2-3 days a month, it doesn't have a permanent parking space here. It's flagged out of Bermuda so technically Hamilton is it's home port and probably painted on the stern. It probably does do more refueling here, and resupplies every time it's here, but it can do those things at it's other ports of call.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here? "Home-port" is where a cruise ship begins and ends it's cruises. The ship has been based in San Francisco since August and will continue to be home-ported there until December until it home-ports in Singapore. Then in April 2021 the home-port will be in England.

The ship's registry is in the Bahamas but that is unrelated to it's home port.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_port

Also cruise ships usually only resupply at their home-ports since the logistics and supply chains are better in San Francisco or Miami than in Ensenada or St. Maarten.

Not that they couldn't, those super long around the world types do. It just isn't common for normal cruises since they can hold all the food and fuel they need for most cruise lengths.

Zero One fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 6, 2020

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo at the mandatory pre cruise medical exam

Hairy Marionette
Apr 22, 2005

I am not immune to propaganda

Burt Sexual posted:

Another one today

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

Over the last few weeks, we’ve implemented new and enhanced health & safety protocols, along with travel regulations, to ensure we maintain a healthy environment onboard as developments related to coronavirus COVID-19 continue to change globally. While we continue to assess the impact, we’ve decided to add a new health screening which supports all our initiatives put in place to help keep you healthy & safe!

So, starting March 6th, 2020 on all Royal Caribbean International ships, mandatory temperature screenings will be conducted for all guests and crewmembers on embarkation day. If your temperature is above 100.4°F or 38° C, you and those in your party will undergo a secondary health screening. Temperatures will be taken with a digital, no-touch thermometer. So, no need to worry.

If you require a secondary screening, this is what you can expect:

Your temperature will be checked again.
You’ll undergo a pulse oximetry reading. This means, a small device will be placed on your finger to measure your oxygen level.
If you happen to have a chronic lung illness, like asthma, please bring a letter from your medical practitioner that indicates your normal baseline oxygen saturation levels. This will help ensure you are not denied boarding if you are healthy otherwise.
Then, a medical professional will check you for flu-like symptoms, respiratory illness, etc., and would make a final assessment to understand if you’re fit to sail.
If it is decided that we must unfortunately deny you boarding, you’ll receive a 100% Future Cruise Credit for your cruise fare paid, and any precruise Royal Caribbean International purchases and taxes and fees will be refunded to your original form of payment.

And, if for any reason, you happen to have a fever before your cruise, we kindly ask you to not come to the port. Please contact us or your Travel Advisor immediately and we will happily provide you with a credit for future travel.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation while we do everything possible to keep our ships safe for you! We look forward to seeing you onboard!

Sincerely,

It’s nice of them to give you credit to use on a future cruise should both you and they survive this virus.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

I have asthma and don't have that kind of documentation. The last time I had my lung capacity checked I was seeing a pediatrician. Do asthma havers usually have that on file?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

my local big grocery store is out of TP lmao

i have 14 rolls

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009
So are cruises super cheap right now?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Charliegrs posted:

Royal stock is down 35%

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Hairy Marionette posted:

It’s nice of them to give you credit to use on a future cruise should both you and they survive this virus.

you still get the future cruise discount even if you die but the cruise provider changes to Charon, ferryman of the river Styx

upside, your passport gets stamped by a skeleton

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

Royal stock is down 35%

If your wife wasn't successful earlier, ring them again and say someone in your office came back from Italy coughing or something

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

If your wife wasn't successful earlier, ring them again and say someone in your office came back from Italy coughing or something

International baseball star Todd Bonzalez knows a thing or two

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Imagine getting denied a cruise multiple times.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Charliegrs posted:

About half off.

Looks like around $500-600 per person for Symphony of the Seas upcoming sailings.

Last time I looked last year that ship was going for $1000-$1200.

Pump Jockey
Mar 15, 2019

i believe in love

Lacrosse posted:

I have asthma and don't have that kind of documentation. The last time I had my lung capacity checked I was seeing a pediatrician. Do asthma havers usually have that on file?

I get a spirometry test done once or twice a year, so yes? If you have an inhaler prescription they should be doing spirometry once a year at least.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

International baseball star Todd Bonzalez knows a thing or two

Bobson Dugnutt is feeding me tips

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Charliegrs posted:

I know people near the business and peoples hours are being cut.

Also, I'm considering going to the Caribbean for 1 week and free open bar for $600. (As long as the open bar deal stays in effect if quarantined for a month)

The Human Crouton fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 6, 2020

cloven hoof
Mar 17, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I was actually going to make a starter on general principle this week, but it consumes a cup of flour a day, most of which is thrown away. (Create cup of starter. Wait a day. Throw away half of it. Add a cup of flour and water. Repeat.)

Don’t throw it away, use it for pancake or waffle batter!

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Your cruise ends with a complimentary Viking funeral

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Pump Jockey posted:

I get a spirometry test done once or twice a year, so yes? If you have an inhaler prescription they should be doing spirometry once a year at least.

I keep having to get a new doctor every time I take my yearly physical because the turnover at this clinic is real high. They just ask me what Rx I'm on, I say abuterol, and they just write me a scrip. I haven't had a breath check in decades.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The Human Crouton posted:

I know people near the business and peoples hours are being cut.

Also, I'm considering going to the Caribbean for 1 week and free open bar for $600. (As long as the open bar deal stays in effect if quarantined for a month)

with an open bar you would be impervious to the virus anyway

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

Rinkles posted:

Wonder if it was a tactical error not to appoint a more disposable scape goat as the corona response guy

i bet he originally wanted to give it to jared but his advisors told him no

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Lacrosse posted:

I keep having to get a new doctor every time I take my yearly physical because the turnover at this clinic is real high. They just ask me what Rx I'm on, I say abuterol, and they just write me a scrip. I haven't had a breath check in decades.

That’s not how it’s supposed to work.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I can figure out the pancakes and waffles, but does anybody feel like telling me the proportions in muffins to sub sourdough starter for an equivalent quantity of flour and liquid? Or is this one of the rare cases where you add leaven and flavorings, then add flour and water until it's about the right size?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TODD BONZALEZ posted:

The latest email looks like I can just say I got a fever over the phone. But airlines aren’t doing this yet...

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Burt Sexual posted:

The latest email looks like I can just say I got a fever over the phone. But airlines aren’t doing this yet...

that's one positive, and while you wait for the airline to respond you could short their stock in the meantime to recoup some loss

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

So far my flight home from Tokyo is still on. Hopefully the plane will be just as empty as on the way here because being able to lay down in an entire row was great.

Hilariously I have a 10 hour layover in Seattle. I feel like I'm destined to get this plague.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Latest Steam review on "Plague, Inc."

Michael Daemon posted:

I put all the symptoms for the Wuhan Coronavirus into a normal game and just let it run on the fastest speed and the world died in three years. I don't know what to do with this information so i figured i'd share here. If in three years we're all dead you know this game is hyper realistic and gets a 10/10, if we're all alive in three years than this game is fake and bad.
See you all in heaven.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Burt Sexual posted:

Any person who has come in contact with anyone with 15-day prior travel to mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Italy, Iran, or South Korea. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.

How the hell are you supposed to know if you've been within 6 feet of a world traveller? Presumably you take a flight to get to the city you board your cruise, and passing through any airport gives you a good chance of standing within 6 feet of all sorts of people.