Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

PostNouveau posted:

it goes from "armed" to "Disarmed" with the Disney D.

goddamn that just sounds so loving funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Empty Sandwich posted:

this episode is the first one that made me laugh until I hurt

Misney

fake edit: and their mascot, Mmickey Mmouse

second fake edit: *mmascot

Tricky Louse.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Ricky Rouse and Monald Muck

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

They will take a trip to “Misney World” and it will be the most obtuse unfunny poo poo that pales in comparison to the Itchy and Scratchy World episode that made a very obviously Disney World parody funny by keeping it in the reality of the show and not making me look at a horrible Simpsonfied version of Adam Driver or some poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
They've been weirdly NOT using stupid joke names for Disney in recent episodes. I think when they inevitably do a "Disney buys the Simpsons" episode, it will actually be Disney.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

WeaponX posted:

They will take a trip to “Misney World” and it will be the most obtuse unfunny poo poo that pales in comparison to the Itchy and Scratchy World episode that made a very obviously Disney World parody funny by keeping it in the reality of the show and not making me look at a horrible Simpsonfied version of Adam Driver or some poo poo.

They've already been to EFCOT Center in season 14 and Diz-Nee-Land in season 26.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

PostNouveau posted:

They've been weirdly NOT using stupid joke names for Disney in recent episodes. I think when they inevitably do a "Disney buys the Simpsons" episode, it will actually be Disney.

despite my post, I think this is correct. the actual fact somehow gives them carte blanche to use the real name, and it will be funnier than any joke they'd put in the corner.

up until Donald Duck makes a canonical appearance in Springfield.

and he and Homer have an angry-off

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Didn't Diz-Nee-Land show up like super early?

Lol yeah, also this

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/notjessewalker/status/1235687489828007936?s=21

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

But Moe isn't white, he's Italian

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
P sure Syszlak is polish

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Well now they're just totally out of ideas

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Springfield is already really white (yellow) although that I guess might have changed, it's been 18 seasons since I regularly watched it

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Phlegmish posted:

Springfield is already really white (yellow) although that I guess might have changed, it's been 18 seasons since I regularly watched it

Its based on Small-town Oregon which is one of the whitest places you could possibly imagine but yeah there could stand to be more diversity.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

P sure Syszlak is polish

https://youtu.be/h7LneTFSPj0

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

P sure Syszlak is polish

Hey, Moe, wassamatta? You no talka wit you accent no more.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

You bastard. Great minds think alike.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Moe is half-Tibetan, or perhaps Nepalese

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Moe was modelled after a gorilla.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Daikloktos posted:

Moe is half-Tibetan, or perhaps Nepalese

Do not cite the forbidden texts

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Empty Sandwich posted:

despite my post, I think this is correct. the actual fact somehow gives them carte blanche to use the real name, and it will be funnier than any joke they'd put in the corner.

up until Donald Duck makes a canonical appearance in Springfield.

and he and Homer have an angry-off

It's going to be in the next Kingdom Hearts: Incomprehensible Subtitle

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Pretty sure I said this before but I think the Simpsons has basically been paid advertising for a while now. People know your brand is hot if the Simpsons 'parodies' it. It looks like Disney's just gonna be using the show to informb the public as to what Disney property they should be consuming

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

At this point, the show is just marketing for a mobile game. Supereyepatch Wolf had a great video last year about how The Simpsons these days makes the majority of it's money through Tapped Out and how the real Simpsons content these days have been the various fan works made throughout the years.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Detective No. 27 posted:

At this point, the show is just marketing for a mobile game. Supereyepatch Wolf had a great video last year about how The Simpsons these days makes the majority of it's money through Tapped Out and how the real Simpsons content these days have been the various fan works made throughout the years.

That game is still going?
Wow, I stopped playing it when it was so overloading my crappy phone making it run 1fps.
Ripoff game too. Thankfully never spent a cent on it. Their donut prices for items is insane.
gently caress that game.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

WeaponX posted:

If you are Al Jean, DM me to give me royalties on this joke that you'll put in anyway:

*Simpsons are having a conversation*
*Guy in mouse costume walks up*
Picky Mouse: Hey, everyone, welcome to Pisnee World, where we own all intellectual properties so you have nowhere else to go!
*Bart does a prank on the suit man*

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Empty Sandwich posted:

My first "holy poo poo, the Simpsons predicted this" moment was after watching S01E06, "Moaning Lisa." In the B-plot video game, Bart does a finishing move that knocks off the other player's head. In early 1990, we found that joke hilarious and absurd.

Then, two years later, Mortal Kombat was released.

The satire on the Simpsons used to be so cutting-edge it was predictive.

from a few pages ago, but sorry i have to investigate this further: WHAT?

are you saying simpsons predicted the creation of mortal kombat? i find that highly dubious. are you sure you're not confusing it with the episode where bart buys bonestorm, which is like a christmas episode or something?

Skellybones posted:

But Moe isn't white, he's Italian

yeah, but white people started incorporating italians as white for some reason

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Mr Interweb posted:

are you saying simpsons predicted the creation of mortal kombat? i find that highly dubious. are you sure you're not confusing it with the episode where bart buys bonestorm, which is like a christmas episode or something?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

that's not a mortal kombat parody goddamn it

it's a parody of super punch out!

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Well it's obviously a boxing game but he said it was predictive of fatalities in MK which is a fair call imo.

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

spaceblancmange posted:

Well it's obviously a boxing game but he said it was predictive of fatalities in MK which is a fair call imo.

yup, that.

and to be clear, I don't mean that they predicted it on purpose... at the time, it was hilarious to me that a home video game would feature punching someone's head off. they were doing cutting* satire, but it became reality really quickly

*heh

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

what's he saying here? I don't know pig latin

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Empty Sandwich posted:

yup, that.

and to be clear, I don't mean that they predicted it on purpose... at the time, it was hilarious to me that a home video game would feature punching someone's head off. they were doing cutting* satire, but it became reality really quickly

*heh

Though did some up that bloody and violent video games weren't invented by Mortal Kombat, it was a logical next step in escalation, especially since with the popularity of cheesy horror movies all the boys were into schlocky blood and guts. Either way, it's a parody that works.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

What if the Simpsons directly inspired MK's fatalities. It's not unlikely that Ed Boon or whatever would've been a big Simpsons fan.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Milo and POTUS posted:

what's he saying here? I don't know pig latin

Ix-nay on the (Do not mention) the Mohammar (Another way to transliterate Muammar in latin script)

Moe is asking Homer not to mention his close relationship to former Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

spaceblancmange posted:

What's funny is this never even registered as satire to me. The first time I ever saw it would have been after Mortal Kombat was a thing.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

They later on had the episode where the babysitter (the one that Homer accidentally rear end-grabs while trying to get the candy) gets Bart to behave by promising him 10 minutes with a game where convicts fight each other to the death with rusty meat hooks.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
It's true the Simpsons invented the idea of death in video games. Until the Simpsons, no one died in video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Mr Interweb posted: