Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Am not good at video games.

Blast of Confetti posted:

yeah, there's on admin that's mostly the reason for everyone who leaves the server so I guess he's the guy programming it. He bitches in world chat when he loses, gets mad at the ensuring git good from people who don't know any better, then gives you a temp ban or teleports to you, freezes you, kills you, then temp bans you. plus the aforementioned turning on god mode when he decides he doesn't want to lose to a zerg.

dude is the reason the server is dying because otherwise the PvP bits are working pretty solidly. if you still want to play then go for it but liking the game and having to leave because the guy is a complete tool really takes the wind out of your sails

I've been looking for this since you posted and have yet to see this happen. And for the past two years or so of playing consistently (as Destro) I still haven't seen or heard of this happening. Got any screenshots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Dude is the reason the server is dying because otherwise the PvP bits are working pretty solidly. If you still want to play then go for it but liking the game and having to leave because the guy is a complete tool really takes the wind out of your sails.

If it's who I assume this is, his name's escaping me right now, but the guy was a massive twat that nearly everyone hated back on that one old unofficial forum everyone crowded to back in the day as well.

rldmoto
Oct 17, 2011

I've never played this game, but just wanted to suggest the thread title of "WAAAAGH. WAAAAGH never changes."

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can't believe I'm just now finding out that there's a server for WAR. Can't wait to make a Black Orc and do some T1 pvp.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

iddqd posted:

I can't believe I'm just now finding out that there's a server for WAR. Can't wait to make a Black Orc and do some T1 pvp.

I actually still play alot on here for some reason.

Leave your username and what side your on (destro or empire) cause ive got characters on both sides, who can most likely help you out.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Zeg posted:

I've been looking for this since you posted and have yet to see this happen. And for the past two years or so of playing consistently (as Destro) I still haven't seen or heard of this happening. Got any screenshots?

Yeah I've never seen this happen either nor have I heard anything like that before. :iiam:

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

Game is still fun if people are looking for a big ole pvp grind-for-gear fest.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.
[quote="Zeg" post="498131339"]
Game is still fun if people are looking for a big ole pvp grind-for-gear fest.

It is. Playing a DPS AM is something i thought would never work, but it actually does.

Zeg
Mar 31, 2013

iminers posted:

It is. Playing a DPS AM is something i thought would never work, but it actually does.

You play regularly? I've got a WH I want to work on and a Slayer that's fresh r40 with some awful rr.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
This game was decent back in the day, but I remember playing Order and high-level PVP was the Order players capturing a single castle, then a massive wave of Chaos players taking it back nigh-instantly.

Then Order would attack somewhere else, to be instantly splatted by Chaos again. Did they ever do anything to fix faction imbalance like that?

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Zeg posted:

You play regularly? I've got a WH I want to work on and a Slayer that's fresh r40 with some awful rr.

Yea, My AM is Kazarus
Eoin is my BW.

Send me a message or add the names to your friend list.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Gort posted:

This game was decent back in the day, but I remember playing Order and high-level PVP was the Order players capturing a single castle, then a massive wave of Chaos players taking it back nigh-instantly.

Then Order would attack somewhere else, to be instantly splatted by Chaos again. Did they ever do anything to fix faction imbalance like that?

I never played the official server, but on Return To Reckoning the classes are in a good spot, somewhat.

There's a couple OP classes like the White Lion, which pretty much destroys anything one on one.

It's not perfect by any means, but they are trying to bring it in and make everything as even as possible.

E: A small problem is when the population dies down. Cause then your stuck with the quest's and that get's boring pretty quick.
And sometimes the Scenario's don't pop at all even though alot of people are q'd.

FreeWifi!! fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Sep 18, 2019

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

iminers posted:

I never played the official server, but on Return To Reckoning the classes are in a good spot, somewhat.

There's a couple OP classes like the White Lion, which pretty much destroys anything one on one.

It's not perfect by any means, but they are trying to bring it in and make everything as even as possible.

E: A small problem is when the population dies down. Cause then your stuck with the quest's and that get's boring pretty quick.
And sometimes the Scenario's don't pop at all even though alot of people are q'd.

It wasn't class balance that was off, it was just that the Chaos side had about four times the players and steamrolled Order every time.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Gort posted:

It wasn't class balance that was off, it was just that the Chaos side had about four times the players and steamrolled Order every time.

Yea, the steamrolling still take's place.

Both sides get steamrolled at least once a day.

Pretty much everyone has both a destro and order character, so when one side starts getting steamrolled, most of them just switch to the winning side.(X-realming?)

It is what it is...

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Gort posted:

Class balance was jacked to hell and back too, it’s just that both faction had broken pieces.

Like Bright Wizard/Sorceress- both classes took damage from casting too much but Bright Wizards took a DoT and Sorcs took it as one lump sum. So a wizard could keep casting after the point his opposite was dead.

Magus turrets were bugged a lot worse than Engineer’s but they forgot to restrict the Magus skills by LoS.

That sort of stuff.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.
Wait a min. IIRC the original game had three races per side. I think I was playing a dark elf assassin or something else pointlessly edgy at the time. But on the wiki for this team it looks like only two races per side? Am I remembering poo poo or is this an incomplete wiki or is it actually missing content?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Incomplete, each side had three races.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Return of Reckoning has city sieges now.

JimmyTurtle
Jun 20, 2010

The Tribbles Ate My Loot!

ChaseSP posted:

Return of Reckoning has city sieges now.

And now they're even supposed to work.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

Some youtube guy made a good review about this game and now the server is packed, especially T1. It is fun with this many people again so if you want any kind of nostalgia hit here is your chance before it turns back into a ghost town in a week.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Yates posted:

Some youtube guy made a good review about this game and now the server is packed, especially T1. It is fun with this many people again so if you want any kind of nostalgia hit here is your chance before it turns back into a ghost town in a week.

TheLazyPeon yeah, I saw few of his videos month ago researching MMOs and saw bit of Warhammer video he made yesterday. Warhammer Online was one of the few MMO's I was like fully involved with pre-release beta testing and playing a lot because I wanted a PvP game like DAOC to work so desperately. Guess I'll check out this private server.

knox fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Mar 3, 2020

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

countdown until your fun is ruined by the one lovely admin guy that godmodes because he gets mad when he loses to a zerg, then bans you when you call him out on it

did this guy ever stop doing that?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Yates posted:

I've played it the last few nights and it has been a blast. Last night T1 had 2 full warbands zerging into each other with lots of fun side battles going on all over the place.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

did this guy ever stop doing that?

I've seen two so far in the past 2 days get banned , I think it was some guys cursing a d throwing in a racial slur.

But yea, the popation jumped from about 400 to about 1300 p much overnite.
Trying to start an alt is now frustrating as you and about 23 other people are waiting in line to finish a starter quest :(

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Double XP/Renown from now until Monday, still figuring out what I'm trying to level right now though.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I want to level a shaman but I'm having too much fun with my KOTBS to lock him out.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I want to level a shaman but I'm having too much fun with my KOTBS to lock him out.

KotBS is so drat fun. There are so many drat shamans anyway.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How is the state of PvE nowadays? When I last played, many of the public quests, and solo quests were broken.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

I said come in! posted:

How is the state of PvE nowadays? When I last played, many of the public quests, and solo quests were broken.

I mean it's not a PvE game by any means but the dev team clearly has poured a ton of effort and manpower into getting the game to this point. Quests are all working so far for me. A triple in the population has them optimizing server further and stress testing it this weekend by having lvl40s be able to enter Tier1 with restrictions, to see how server handles 2k person battle.

Anybody playing add me in-game;
Destruction-Sorceress: Dwyur
Order-Runepriest: Dirkfunk

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
Gave this a try unrelated to the video by that one youtube guy. Holy poo poo this is mad fun. I enjoy just playing around on my level 10 and 11 archmage and swordmaster respectively, and I just love how useful I feel as both a healer and a tank in pvp.

Ossipago
Nov 14, 2012

Muldoon
It looks like there are multiples of this up? What's the site goons are getting this from?

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Ossipago posted:

It looks like there are multiples of this up? What's the site goons are getting this from?

OP posted:

What's the loving link you rear end in a top hat.

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/index.php

Merry Christmas.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

I said come in! posted:

Almost every PQ I've been to seems like it's working, and I've only had a couple quests that didn't complete despite me doing what they asked. I don't really see many people out in the world PvEing though. It seems like the majority of the population prefers spamming scenarios.

A side effect of the 'level 16s are thrown in with the level 39s' for scenario play is that even though I definitely suck (even bolstered) compared to the 'real' level 38+ I get tons of soldier emblems making it really easy to gear up for leveling. The jump from joining scenarios from levels 1-15 to 16+ is extremely jarring though and even though the rewards are nice it does feel a bit like I'm bringing my team down because I hit like a wet noodle.

Damn Dirty Ape fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 7, 2020

cmdrk
Jun 10, 2013
I'm amazed that server pop is up to like 2900 now. Sounds like a proper waaagh is brewing .

knox
Oct 28, 2004

cmdrk posted:

I'm amazed that server pop is up to like 2900 now. Sounds like a proper waaagh is brewing .

Pushing 3200 after they fixed the earlier lag (they said it was DDoS attack) resetting server. It's awesome right now.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

knox posted:

Pushing 3200 after they fixed the earlier lag (they said it was DDoS attack) resetting server. It's awesome right now.

Wow. To think capacity was 1500 just a few weeks ago...and 700 was busy

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

i'm stupid and miss this game's pvp, we got a discord or something?

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
Are engis still broken fun? I remember it being so easy i just took off my armor and ran naked into frontlines magneting people in the meat grinder, after a while i unlocked the tag "The target" which is get targetted a 100 times while naked.

Is there a fotm class that is pretty good and simple atm (pvp)? Bought a console a year ago and now im hooked on controllers, i successfully Played SWTOR and City of Heroes with a controller (with xpadder) but with a pvp game im gonna need an edge if im not going to be utterly terrible lol at least while i grind scenarios on my first char.

Aster0ids fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Mar 8, 2020

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Tsurupettan posted:

i'm stupid and miss this game's pvp, we got a discord or something?

Meh playing Warhammer is big brain time, good PvP doesn't exist the MMO industry is trash. It took 5 years of devs working for free to get game here time to enjoy the fruits of their labor.
I've been sharing some Warhammer videos/talking about it in the FFXIV discord few people probably getting on later not sure what side yet, though having character on both makes sense.

Aster0ids posted:

Are engis still broken fun? I remember it being so easy i just took off my armor and ran naked into frontlines magneting people in the meat grinder, after a while i unlocked the tag "The target" which is get targetted a 100 times while naked.

Is there a fotm class that is pretty good and simple atm (pvp)? Bought a console a year ago and now im hooked on controllers, i successfully Played SWTOR and City of Heroes with a controller (with xpadder) but with a pvp game im gonna need an edge if im not going to be utterly terrible lol at least while i grind scenarios on my first char.

They're definitely very good, though pretty much every class has at least 2 viable specs.

knox fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Mar 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Oh wow, this is a thing! Are goons leaning towards order or destruction? I'm assuming it's destruction so I'm going to start a dork elf.

e: edglordion disciple of khaine

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Mar 8, 2020