Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Garrand posted:

The idiots are the people in the comments right? Thinking about the economic side effects of something like this is good as it will have major knock on effects that largely impact those employed by said businesses.

edited because I used the word "effect" like 5 times in a single sentence.

Megan McArdle is always the idiot.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2017-06-16/beware-of-blaming-government-for-london-tower-fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Garrand posted:

The idiots are the people in the comments right? Thinking about the economic side effects of something like this is good as it will have major knock on effects that largely impact those employed by said businesses.

edited because I used the word "effect" like 5 times in a single sentence.

nice to see you posting here meghaun, please come post in cspam we love hearing controversial opinions :)

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Okay, so I didn't know who Megan McArdle is. That particular tweet thread just wasn't that bad.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Garrand posted:

Okay, so I didn't know who Megan McArdle is. That particular tweet thread just wasn't that bad.

if you care more about airline loyalty points than the enormous financial, infrastructural, and interpersonal disruption you might just be a neolib shithead

i prescribe one guillotining to balance your humors and improve the world

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Garrand posted:

Same. Her thread has some good points.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Garrand posted:

Fair enough, but keep in mind she was concerned about how a global pandemic was going to affect her ability to stay in a fancy lounge at the airport. She's the living embodiment of this Dril tweet.

https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762?s=20

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/cam834/status/1235503622496153606?s=21

https://twitter.com/fadeylikestf2/status/1235598796668710912?s=21

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
I'm going to be a potential IoSM for a moment and say, gently caress Twitter. Even before it's current Nazi infestation, I hated the piece of poo poo site because how so many loving idiotic people look at a social media site that limits posts to 280 characters and think "This is the perfect platform for my long essay on my area of expertise!". Twitter is for loving sound-bites and quick one-liners jokes, not stuff like "This is my argument why popular thing is actually bad (long thread ahead) (Tweet 1/23434)" Just link to a loving blog site or something if you have to get your well-thought-out opinion out on Twitter. That site is ruining any sort of discourse in this world today, prime example being how the current president of the US of loving A uses it so extensively.

Post 1 of x, this is the optimal way of digesting information today in the year 20 loving 20!

Also, mods, feel free to give me something between a 6-er and a week-long, whatever, I just needed to vent.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Twitter's value is as an engine for meltdowns tbh :v:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/EENlX/status/1235563299510472704
https://twitter.com/NookaoftheNooks/status/1235246648307200001

God, this guy just sucks.

https://twitter.com/PimpMasterYoda1/status/1234981888160219136

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Oh cool, someone found a gimmick worse than FILM CRITIC HULK.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

People in the comments all saying "so that's how you repel them!" :v:

Going to put rainbows on everything now 🌈

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

That's a helluva defense.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Don't judge the guy who was loving around with a gun while drunk too harshly. Let he amongst us who hasn't fired a gun in a random direction while poo poo faced cast the first stone.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

"I swear to God I just emptied the mag"

Ah well then I guess it's reality and the big hole in your desk that are wrong

I bet that car just "came from out of nowhere" too

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/Pacifist/status/1235609720909713408
The firearm terminology explainer is here

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

rooty tooty point and shooty

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

This is what I think of everytime someone tries to tell me the difference between "magazine" and "clip"

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
People who don’t understand Frankenstein think that Frankenstein was the monster.

People who understand Frankenstein a little think that Adam was the monster.

People who understand Frankenstein a lot know that Frankenstein was the monster.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Someone point out to that guy that it's cartridge and not bullet

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

TinTower posted:

People who don’t understand Frankenstein think that Frankenstein was the monster.

People who understand Frankenstein a lot know that Frankenstein was the monster.

I’ve read Frankenstein and I can tell you they are both monsters

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ah, time to once again attempt to convince the world that the creature's true name should be Adam McFrankenstein

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ah, time to once again attempt to convince the world that the creature's true name should be Adam McFrankenstein

No way.

Victor's family is Swiss. It's clearly Adam von Frankenstein.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Captain Hygiene posted:

He's Frankenstein's bastard son, so really it should be Adam Fitzfrankenstein.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I was just saying nice things about the Jackass crew in a different thread and this poo poo happens

Edit: It's a "famous" chef in Portland, not Party Boy, I apologize for my confusion.

https://twitter.com/leftkist/status/1235745172954075136?s=20

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 02:57 on Mar 6, 2020

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe
It's Frankenshteen!

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Skwirl posted:

He's Frankenstein's bastard son, so really it should be Adam Fitzfrankenstein.

I think you'll find it is Frankenstein who is the real bastard.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

OutOfPrint posted:

It's Frankenshteen!

Eye-gor!

Frodrick!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

better_things_aren't_possiblenecessary.txt

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

TinTower posted:

:confused:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Responsible Gun OwnershipTM

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm sorry to bring this back with the worst possible topic to boot but, aside from employing Ben Kuchera, what are people's hangup with Kotaku?

From the way people people are making GBS threads on him you'd think we was Greta Thunberg.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/sabrmattrics/status/1235794190975537152

Matt here isn't the idiot.

loving "what's so sad about Sandy Hook" guy can get in the loving bin

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

I don't know, he sure did seem to have completely deleted almost all of his tweets. :thunk:

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

RareAcumen posted:

I'm sorry to bring this back with the worst possible topic to boot but, aside from employing Ben Kuchera, what are people's hangup with Kotaku?

From the way people people are making GBS threads on him you'd think we was Greta Thunberg.

Outside of the general dings some people have against most gaming journalism outlets ('bad at games', lingering gamergate chuds, bias either real or perceived, some people just REALLY getting an axe to grind about their favorite genres/series, so on and so forth), Kotaku was the first to go pretty big on non-gaming subjects, doing a lot on Japanese culture and cosplay. So there's still people that get mad that they're Not Real Gamers for that, despite them doing fantastic gaming journalism and other outlets following suit because it turns out diversifying their subject matter worked really well.

thehoodie
Feb 8, 2011

"Eat something made with love and joy - and be forgiven"

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I don't know, he sure did seem to have completely deleted almost all of his tweets. :thunk:

He regularly deletes all his tweets.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 7 hours!

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/sabrmattrics/status/1235794190975537152

Matt here isn't the idiot.

loving "what's so sad about Sandy Hook" guy can get in the loving bin

These men are both named Matt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Grem posted:

These men are both named Matt?

lol I didn't even notice that. I guess "OP isn't the idiot" would have done better.