Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

Yes lol

We’re bringing our work. laptops too in case we get sea stuck

Not sure how to secure them yet

Be sure to upgrade your anti-virus software

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I spent 5 grand on a lavish cruise for myself. I deserve it.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

PastPerfect posted:

I was absolutely floored when I was able to get a refund out of them. I was about ready to take a $400 bath on my reservation on a stay in Milan last week. One call and an Email got me my $800 back.

I messaged the host before I contacted support. I got a half hearted attempt to convince me to keep the reservation. "I think that there is no problem for your helth [sic] to come to Milano but most of the place can be close [sic] "

The son of a bitch about it is that I avoided getting sick in Milan but I ended up getting something in Cologne. Now I'm in a doctor ordered quarantine here in my apartment in LA, but I cant get Kaiser Permanente actually test me. This CDC testing kit fiasco is going to be a loving mess, compounded with the stupid requirements they have in place in order to get tested. The infection rate here in the states is going to go through the roof because of this BS CDC policy.

So, I'm in schrodinger's quarantine right now waiting to get sick enough to meet the testing criteria which practically means being checked into the hospital for supportive care before I qualify to be tested and sitting here wondering if just picked up a travel bug. The lovely thing is I'm waiting on the people I was traveling with who live in Europe to be tested now so I can find out if I'm sick by proxy. I feel like a loving ghoul asking them about their health.

I dunno, I've got lots of time. Should I blog this for you all? I'm on day 5 of 15 now.
Yes you absolutely should post about ^ here

And in the big cspam thread too imo
Good luck!!!

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Bay area tech companies are all starting to say WFH.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ntan1 posted:

Mine hasn't yet, I wonder if we will by sometime next week

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I'm in the UK working in Manchester and my company is whispering about working from home but for now just saying we should all make our own cups of tea instead of doing one big round for everyone :allears:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

ntan1 posted:

DC did today for us as well. Well those that work there. We’ve gotten 3 emails from corporate this week alone on this.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Bacon Terrorist posted:

...but for now just saying we should all make our own cups of tea instead of doing one big round for everyone :allears:

How rude!

Number_6
Jul 23, 2006

BAN ALL GAS GUZZLERS

(except for mine)
Pillbug

Pakistani politics posted:

Imagine the types of people who attend xfl games lol. No kneeling! Respect the flag!! Helmets are for queers!! (probably)
:razzy::burger::megadeath: bye boomers :wooper: 😍

Representative sample of XFL fans:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ri1W3htJJA

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwmbCaAvdLs

Number_6 fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Mar 6, 2020

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

QuarkJets posted:

The jury is still out, not because the data has never been analyzed (it has, in many ways by many groups, many of them linked in this thread already) but because the data is inadequate. The estimates drawn from studies like this one are useful but are also known to be full of systematic uncertainty and should not be taken as gospel.

All sorts of crazy poo poo is in that analysis too. The most immediate, alarming things are secondary organ damage (kidneys, gnoads, heart) of unknown amounts and lung damage similar to TB over much less time (2 CCP officials have had lung transplants). There's also the possibility of it getting into the nervous system, so.. yeah.. THAT'S a neat party trick.

But we just don't have a lot of study yet.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
A coronavirus outbreak at an XFL game is extremely on brand.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Gearhead posted:

All sorts of crazy poo poo is in that analysis too. The most immediate, alarming things are secondary organ damage (kidneys, gnoads, heart) of unknown amounts and lung damage similar to TB over much less time (2 CCP officials have had lung transplants). There's also the possibility of it getting into the nervous system, so.. yeah.. THAT'S a neat party trick.

But we just don't have a lot of study yet.

Yeah, and a lot of that is a fun question of "is this really a comorbidity? Or is this it just existing conditions that were part of the reason they got so sick"? The nature of the virus and the complete failure of containment in China means that we're never going to get a proper answer, which owns sucks.

The US' response is largely awful, but it's not like there was ever a chance of prevention when it came out that China intentionally did nothing for six weeks.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
If there's a bright side on this, 'Made in China' is about to become box office poison.. for the STUPIDEST goddamn reason. I've long maintained we needed a more diverse supply chain as a nation.

AnnoyBot
May 28, 2001
My bay area tech company was already pretty casual about WFH, but my manager, who is out of state anyway, says "do whatever seems right". The only company wide thing so far is that an email went out today saying biometric fingerprint readers are being disabled and the buildings will be badge only for now.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Gearhead posted:

If there's a bright side on this, 'Made in China' is about to become box office poison.. for the STUPIDEST goddamn reason. I've long maintained we needed a more diverse supply chain as a nation.

Box office poison and supply chains... got it.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

AnnoyBot posted:

My bay area tech company was already pretty casual about WFH, but my manager, who is out of state anyway, says "do whatever seems right". The only company wide thing so far is that an email went out today saying biometric fingerprint readers are being disabled and the buildings will be badge only for now.

On the other hand apple has decided to ignore the problem.

Facebook and Linkedin have both instituted mandatory wfh unless absolutely necessary.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I know everyone's a bit on edge at the moment so I thought I'd share a couple of images that gave me a laugh. Hope you enjoy
[img]https://scontent-syd2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/87720998_1087040108323141_1267953304457969664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_eui2=AeElsVXHSDXtVYvIZB7gGBJI3CAnefDzGkINd7cMMG-1srz42WYOgBN5v8SXRYnUliTdiApATQq9j14iZ6vSLNDhMyqXVjb7HTe6VQob7Rq5
VA&_nc_ohc=F9jvoXWDCSEAX8yppXi&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=eaa662019e3bd725261cdd2c5b9b1559&oe=5E8293BD[/img]

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
I freaking hate hoarders, I want to beat their stockpiles with hammers

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Just saw the virus showed up in my home city back on Feb 21 but wasn't confirmed until today. Glad I can't be blamed as patient zero if I happen to have picked it up and bring it home somewhere along the way. I've been really careful and carrying soap amd sanitizer with me, but I've been on some really packed trains and among some crowds here in Tokyo.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
It's popping up in my city now, including in public transportation workers and an employee from the parliament's bar place

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Daikloktos posted:

I freaking hate hoarders, I want to beat their stockpiles with hammers

Look at this here hammer hoarder, get 'em!

AnnoyBot posted:

Good idea anyway. If someone really wanted in they're only a pair of garden shears away from a swipe card.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Bacon Terrorist posted:

I'm in the UK working in Manchester and my company is whispering about working from home but for now just saying we should all make our own cups of tea instead of doing one big round for everyone :allears:

:britain:

Our office is getting closed for a big re-fit in like a month so 50% of people are working from home anyway, place is like a god drat ghost town on the one day a week I'm bothering to haul my rear end in there each week so I might just start working from home full time ahead of schedule and avoid sitting on a train full of coughing commuters.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Are there any diseases we've ever actually stopped other than smallpox?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Amarcarts posted:

No idea. IAMNV.

But leper and the black plague use to be popular in europe. They still exist in parts of the world.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Amarcarts posted:

Rinderpest

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

RandomBlue posted:

Box office poison and supply chains... got it.

Lol yeah I don't really get why that guy hates movies that are filmed in China

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

Amarcarts posted:

Just about there with polio.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

Amarcarts posted:

Plenty of diseases are pushed out of the western world but then when it only exists in poor countries anymore people stop caring.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Burt Sexual posted:

Yes lol

We’re bringing our work. laptops too in case we get sea stuck

Not sure how to secure them yet

Isn't internet access super expensive on cruise ships? Of have they eased up on that.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
Virus infection at Microsoft
https://twitter.com/dinabass/status/1235803437838651394

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Amarcarts posted:

Haven't heard of any new cases of the Cooties since I was 8.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

smoobles posted:

Next week 100,000 people will go to Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle which will explode the virus from Washington into the rest of the country like a flu firework.

Are they seriously not going to cancel that thing?
The only comic con I've been to is the one in San Diego, and if it's anything like that, it's lines and lines of unwashed nerds waiting for hours to see some GoT actor or some bullshit.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

So how is this still not a pandemic lol

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Bape Culture posted:

So how is this still not a pandemic lol

Pandemics are bad for the number

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
US government should definitely isolate, stop flights, close borders, test everyone, and quarantine with extreme prejudice. Its criminal levels of failure that they didn't.

Individuals have the responsibility to push for sensible and effective policy, but our citizenry is largely as ineffectual and ignorant as our leaders, so there are no mass protests or any fitting level of reaction to any of this. We designed our own fate long ago by propping up the leaders who we chose.

RIP

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

100,000! WE DID IT BABY!

Warbadger
Jun 17, 2006

Mass protests are possibly not the best idea during a totally-not-a-pandemic.

G-III
Mar 4, 2001

I'm right in the heart of this in Kirkland. I'm wondering if the safest thing to do is find some way to hit the road and hide out somewhere else for a while.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Are we doomed yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
I've been wandering around the house absently singing "muh muh muh my Corona!" and I think my wife is considering mercy killing me in my sleep.