Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Got to Morgoneth just now. Zantai should stop making bosses, and if this quest demands you kill him it feels really pointless being available on anything below Ultimate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

what classes pair well with guns outside demolitionist? i played demo/soldier when this game was in green light years ago and recently tried a 2H melee soldier/necro about a year or so back, but i realized i want to be a shoot man instead for the most recent patch. is demo still the gun class or can any class get use out of them now?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Inquisitor I would say.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Freaking Crumbum posted:

what classes pair well with guns outside demolitionist? i played demo/soldier when this game was in green light years ago and recently tried a 2H melee soldier/necro about a year or so back, but i realized i want to be a shoot man instead for the most recent patch. is demo still the gun class or can any class get use out of them now?

Purifier = Inquisitor/Demolitionist

Kinda the de facto gunslinger combination since Malmouth came out. Inquisitor gives a ton of gun-centric bonuses, and nothing else is itemized well for it.

You'd think something as cool as dual-wielding magic pistols would have a good spec in ten different flavors, but that isn't really so.

sean_bateman
Feb 27, 2012

glug.gif
a Purifier is the most successful run I've had with the game. Go all-in on Fire Strike and put 4-6 pts in the dual-wield passives and you'll be well off from there (if you're not looking to follow a build guide)

szary
Mar 12, 2014
ugh, lost another HC character due to not paying attention, I really wish there was a way to make the life bar more visible :arghfist:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

sean_bateman posted:

a Purifier is the most successful run I've had with the game. Go all-in on Fire Strike and put 4-6 pts in the dual-wield passives and you'll be well off from there (if you're not looking to follow a build guide)

I did this and then converted to melee and it works even better lol

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Respectable Bespectacled Receptacle
Having some enemies just delete your auras out of nowhere with seemingly no indicator and then having to turn them back on during combat is so goddamn stupid, how is this still in the game. Just have it suppress auras for x seconds or something, christ

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Have you met my pal, Grava'Thuul?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Having some enemies just delete your auras out of nowhere with seemingly no indicator and then having to turn them back on during combat is so goddamn stupid, how is this still in the game.
Well you see, you're supposed to build characters that have two, maybe three attacks and 1-2 auras on top of that. Anything else is greedy and overly complex! Please ignore that the game gives you two full bars to use and every build under the loving sun has 5+ attacks/debuffs/short buffs and 3-6 auras.

Whenever I see heroes I always mouse over every one of them in a pack to check if any are Arcane, because iirc their dispel has a 6 second initial lockout. So if you can focus-fire it down you can solve the problem through murder, as any good ARPG character should.

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Giving players any information that rare, dangerous abilities that can completely gently caress the game's combat balance are about to happen (or are possible at all) is for babies! Where is my ASCII keyboard only Grim Dawn mod for the REAL gamers out here

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Yawgmoth posted:

the game gives you two full bars to use

...wait, what?

*launches game, takes a closer look at the keybinds*

Oh mother FUCKER

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Nordick posted:

...wait, what?

Oh mother FUCKER

Now you can experience the joy of rebinding your weapon enchants(AGAIN!), and then forgetting to swap back before you charge into the next mob pack, furiously applying and dispelling 5 buffs.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Clitch posted:

Now you can experience the joy of rebinding your weapon enchants(AGAIN!), and then forgetting to swap back before you charge into the next mob pack, furiously applying and dispelling 5 buffs.

How are you watching me play this game?

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus
If I go a session without doing it at least once, I'm proud of myself.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Nordick posted:

...wait, what?

Oh mother FUCKER

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Nordick posted:

...wait, what?

Oh mother FUCKER
To be fair I only found out about it because I accidentally pressed Y instead of 6 when buffing up back in the day.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I can't imagine how long it would have taken me to find out, had I not read it here. Oh well, at least I wasn't the only one. :v:

Maybe I can actually take other Nightblade actives than Pneumatic Burst, now.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Finally got a character to 94. Also I have so much blue and purple poo poo that I'm tempted to get a mod or something for a bigger stash because there's so much of it in the lategame.

The totems they added are the best thing in the game, by the way.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Nordick posted:

I can't imagine how long it would have taken me to find out, had I not read it here. Oh well, at least I wasn't the only one. :v:

You absolute goober.

(I found out by watching someone else's build guide on Youtube, having put almost a hundred hours into the game at the time)

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
I found the bar switch early on because I was looking through the keybinds for a "pick up all loot" key, which sadly doesn't seem to exist, but I'm getting to the point where it no longer seems worth checking the stats of or selling all the green drops I see.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i knew right away, coz it was a carryover from tq

Braking Gnus
Oct 13, 2012
I was in the final dungeon when I learned the camera rotates.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Braking Gnus posted:

I was in the final dungeon when I learned the camera rotates.

yikes lol

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

think i prefer non rotational cameras in these games, but that probably requires more work and attention when building environments

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I know the camera rotates and never rotate it

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

If I were to ever make an arpg the stash would have the functionality of the POE unique tab except you could hold an indefinite number of uniques in each slot and then you'd never have to get rid of anything

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Captain Foo posted:

Locke Dunnegan
Apr 25, 2005

Captain Foo posted:

If I were to ever make an arpg the stash would have the functionality of the POE unique tab except you could hold an indefinite number of uniques in each slot and then you'd never have to get rid of anything

To be fair I think having a cap on inventory space is a blessing in disguise because unless there's some real nice search functionality to go with it the idea of going through dozens of pages of loot to find stuff makes my head hurt.

It's the same idea to keep myself from hoarding irl: if I'm not going to use it soon, get rid of it. You can get more stuff later, and in the meantime it isn't taking up space.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Locke Dunnegan posted:

To be fair I think having a cap on inventory space is a blessing in disguise because unless there's some real nice search functionality to go with it the idea of going through dozens of pages of loot to find stuff makes my head hurt.

It's the same idea to keep myself from hoarding irl: if I'm not going to use it soon, get rid of it. You can get more stuff later, and in the meantime it isn't taking up space.

The unique stash tab has a slot for every unique in the game :q:

Unrelated: if I understand the itemization correctly, the best possible weapons for a dw melee fire strike purifier would be some sort of double rare MIs from the guy at the bottom of the arkovian undercity (kilrain?)

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Captain Foo posted:

Was playin with my buddy over LAN in the same room and he was constantly moving his camera around, it was extremely disorienting trying to figure out where he was in relation to me

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

:hmmyes:

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Captain Foo posted:

:same:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I know the camera rotates, and hate it when I accidentally do it.

Used to use the the second skill bar for my activated passives. Then Malmouth came out and the amount of Arcane enemies increased (or were added?) and that became a very bad idea.

Chalk is Cheap
Mar 29, 2005

You know, Maine has a really cool underground hip-hop scene...
Just started playing this game. A quick question regarding mechanics. I've started leveling a Purifier based on this guide. Fire Strike states that when used as your default weapon attack it inflicts additional damage which implies that it is not always your default weapon attack. How do I set it as my default weapon attack? I have it on LMB but I'm not sure if it has to be on RMB to be considered the default weapon attack.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Chalk is Cheap posted:

Just started playing this game. A quick question regarding mechanics. I've started leveling a Purifier based on this guide. Fire Strike states that when used as your default weapon attack it inflicts additional damage which implies that it is not always your default weapon attack. How do I set it as my default weapon attack? I have it on LMB but I'm not sure if it has to be on RMB to be considered the default weapon attack.

put it on lmb

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

Chalk is Cheap posted:

It works the same no matter where you put it. That "default weapon attack" bit is just some really bad wording that should've been changed long ago.

forhorglingrads
Aug 14, 2003

Dahbadu posted:

I tooled around a bit, and if I made the character today, it would probably look something like this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOBKJoZ

That's a ton of passive regen and spell life leech. Probably can facetank everything in the game.

Cool thanks! Been working towards this:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKdn0x2

Getting there...still need Infernal Knight chest and belt, and a Grim Fate. Here's what it looks like so far:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeRoDXN

For your build I'd need a Hellscourge, the Boneweave Leggings, and still the IK chest and belt. If I get those sooner I'll try it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Captain Foo posted:

The unique stash tab has a slot for every unique in the game :q:

Unrelated: if I understand the itemization correctly, the best possible weapons for a dw melee fire strike purifier would be some sort of double rare MIs from the guy at the bottom of the arkovian undercity (kilrain?)

Blazeheart has +2 and 100% Phys/Chaos to Fire conversion to Fire Strike , and it's a guaranteed reward in the Daila questline.