Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thorbeef
Jul 24, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

Sometimes it's fine for a few days, and some nights, I have to kill a few of those processes two or three times.

That seems weird to me.

Here's the load Firefox is currently running on my machine:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

https://twitter.com/isislovecruft/status/1235761342738567168?s=19

I couldn't figure out how to make the one stop being a gif, also I found a rare good greentext, which is like a nugget of gold in Dino poop, but I'm not going to look the gift meme in the mouth

e: I figured it out. Take a screencap of the gif, crop it, reupload it, and then post that. It would have been easier for them to have a fallback that showed the first frame smh

alexandriao has a new favorite as of 08:30 on Mar 6, 2020

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

I’m right in the middle of catching up on BCS and don’t need to see this. :cry:

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That seems weird to me.

Here's the load Firefox is currently running on my machine:

I've got 70 tabs open currently and like half of them are a few years old at this point. My data use is even less than this example. Most of my tabs are articles and I've got decent ad block so maybe that's making more it efficient

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I gave a simple system. I turn off that google roaming thing, and every couple of years I get a new phone or laptop.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I wish that was next to the bathmat claw machine I saw yesterday in Shinjuku

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Unmute for screaming Aussie girls.

https://i.imgur.com/hZOCkMZ.mp4

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Common brushtail possum

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Beachcomber posted:

Common brushtail possum

Those aren't even venomous, those better be screams of delight!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Megillah Gorilla posted:

this is fantastic

this might be the best thing you've ever posted

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Megillah Gorilla posted:

https://i.imgur.com/eg0jhAW.mp4

1 has a new favorite as of 13:25 on Mar 6, 2020

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
That's a possum delivery tube, right? Because what other purpose would a vent tube like that have in a bedroom? You're probably not installing an exhaust fan there, right?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

We had a possum fall down our chimney and land in our (unlit) fireplace once. There's a crash, and then a pair of beady eyes peering out through the glass.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Megillah Gorilla posted:

The miracle of birth

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The Lone Badger posted:

We had a possum fall down our chimney and land in our (unlit) fireplace once. There's a crash, and then a pair of beady eyes peering out through the glass.

Just stared at you while it roasted alive? Badass.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Beachcomber posted:

Common brushtail possum

An uncommon entry though.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The Lone Badger posted:

Santa is real!?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

CzarChasm posted:

That's a possum delivery tube, right? Because what other purpose would a vent tube like that have in a bedroom?

Delivering piping-hot casserole on demand

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

this is fantastic

this might be the best thing you've ever posted

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
pǝʇsod ɹǝʌǝ ǝʌ,noʎ ƃuᴉɥʇ ʇsǝq ǝɥʇ ǝq ʇɥƃᴉɯ sᴉɥʇ

ɔᴉʇsɐʇuɐɟ sᴉ sᴉɥʇ

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cucked by the Danish Viking sounds like one of those erotic novels on Amazon

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Randaconda posted:

Cucked by the Danish Viking sounds like one of those erotic novels on Amazon

And probably looks pretty wicked in classic deathmetal font too.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
OneTab

It's OK, tab packrats. There are ways to help. We can get better.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

so like what are y'all even looking at to have so many tabs open?

I can't imagine just browsing the internet and reading random websites lol

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Sound on.

https://i.imgur.com/r3lWAbT.mp4

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
It's mostly articles or manga I want to read later or some ARPG build I'm following over multiple days/weeks, depending on when I get around to playing.

I like OneTab, because it's less of a commitment than a bookmark, and I can archive a bunch of tabs with one click. You can even lock and name tab collections, so it doubles as a home page.

When I get bored of my usual stuff, I just click over to it, and there's always something there to occupy me. With my ADHD, it serves as a backup memory.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I frequent youtube channels and keep seeing stuff that mskes me go "Oh that is something I may want to watch in a minute, I will go ahead and open that in a new tab" and then a minute becomes a month.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

It's nice that this person had a great time online gaming back then, but I'm also sure half the people on their server used homophobic slurs like Charles Dickens used commas and semicolons

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Phy posted:

It's nice that this person had a great time online gaming back then, but I'm also sure half the people on their server used homophobic slurs like Charles Dickens used commas and semicolons

Then not much has changed as of the last time I played overwatch.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Phy posted:

So then less you'd here in a random match?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

yeah at least on a server people could theoretically be banned or shunned

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

If you didn't experience the home server culture of tf2 et al you missed out. So much better

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Ignite Memories posted:

If you didn't experience the home server culture of tf2 et al you missed out. So much better

yeah the lost continents ruled

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

Yeah I'll take the "old days" of server admins and anti-cheat software any day over the trainwrecks of today where one guy with an aimbot can shut down an entire server because there's literally no way to get rid of him.

I never thought they'd make me miss the garbage fire that was Punkbuster but even that was preferable to how bad it is today.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Punkbuster never did me wrong

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

GTA Online is pretty much unplayable unless you use tools or tricks like unplugging your Internet to get yourself a private game with your friends. Every server just filled with people using trainers to fly around in invincible Hydras, or spawning explosions on every player, or teleporting you into the sky, or dropping trains and shipping containers on the roads.

Old server culture was cool. Even a lovely game like Terminator 3: War of the Machines became fun when you had good people on there.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

I am very sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Phy posted:

Honestly, this right here is why I am still not very comfortable playing in online games with other people. The wonderful community this person is talking about existed for heterosexual cis men, but it was very hard to find outside that. I found a really lovely little community on a roleplay server for WoW pre-Cataclysm, in a guild that was very welcoming and not trying to be ultra masculine and never took itself seriously, but that's long gone, and that's the only time I've ever found anything like it.

Sometimes I get nostalgic for WoW and go to play it for a little bit, but it's all chuds yelling in the global chat now. My interest never lasts for long.