Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Bama players and weapons charges man

https://twitter.com/morenabasteiro/status/1235785675343093766?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Bridgewater to the Buccaneers would be exciting as gently caress for like 4 games

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chromatic posted:

Bridgewater to the Buccaneers would be exciting as gently caress for like 4 games

Nothing will ever top the 2019 Bucs season as far as entertainments value. For the Bucs anyways.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Bridgewater is the Vegas favorite to be Patriots QB that isnt Tom Brady but I don't really see it. Too many people will offer him more money than what NE would pay

Besides, Jimmy is coming back anyway

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/PFF_Eric/status/1235937271242797057?s=19

With apologies for PFF, this looks interesting. It doesn't come through from then thumbnail, but it's mostly talking about the relative merits of having a few stars on D versus having lots of competent depth.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/RyanDLeaf/status/1235708851414016001?s=19

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
This is a hell of a sentence to read

https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1235971132756561925

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Are you telling me the reports that Tom Brady is going to play for the Titans, Chargers, Raiders, Lions, 49ers and Bucs aren't all true????

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Are you telling me the reports that Tom Brady is going to play for the Titans, Chargers, Raiders, Lions, 49ers and Bucs aren't all true????

I mean how can he possibly play for all of them at once?!

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I mean how can he possibly play for all of them at once?!

GOAT.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Tom Brady will play for someone next year.

You can quote me on that

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Tom Brady has a baby stem cell farm and he injects it into his body

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Has Peyton Manning served his MJ-style "step away" ban for his PEDs long enough to now get to do MNF?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

three posted:

Has Peyton Manning served his MJ-style "step away" ban for his PEDs long enough to now get to do MNF?

I think he stepped away because he couldn't throw anymore OP

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oakland
Or
Tampa

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1235982755550367744?s=19

Lol

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oakland
Or
Tampa

what team even plays in oakland these days

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Mahomes is a cheat code

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

JPrime posted:

Brady to the A's

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
They're gonna write like 5 different new rules/penalties/suspensions the first time pat mahomes gets a season ending injury

we must protect the goat

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

They're gonna write like 5 different new rules/penalties/suspensions the first time pat mahomes gets a season ending injury

I am still absolutely stunned he didn't have one last year.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Chromatic posted:

we must protect the goat

So what you are saying is get your money's worth?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chromatic posted:

we must protect the goat

Worth it

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

I... he has to be loving with us. He's been calling protection and assignments at the line since the first few games of 2018. :psyduck:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Strobe posted:

I... he has to be loving with us. He's been calling protection and assignments at the line since the first few games of 2018. :psyduck:

Imagine Andy Reid saying "Yeah just go up there and act like you know what your doing, and run the play we called."

Absolute greatest coach.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

that's way the gently caress overblown. he said he was reading coverages, he probably means little wrinkles that show up on film.

same thing with the dipshits gawking at how he's only played qb for 6 years. he's like 23 years old, that's pretty close to a third of his life

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Nodoze posted:

Bridgewater is the Vegas favorite to be Patriots QB that isnt Tom Brady but I don't really see it. Too many people will offer him more money than what NE would pay

Besides, Jimmy is coming back anyway

Who exactly is going to give Teddy big money? He seems like he'll be a fallback option for someone and have to sign a 1 year deal.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Jets were the only bidder for Teddy in 2018. The Saints and Dolphins were the only two in 2019 and even then it was for backup money.

He might get a deal like Jacoby got with the Colts, 2/$30m, from someone who think he might be a decent stopgap. I dont see anyone throwing around big money on him.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
lol there are like 18 teams that don’t have a QB as good as Teddy, the problem is not knowing if he’ll ever manage to play 1617 games.

He’s not great, but playing QB in the NFL has gotten so difficult that mere competence has gotten hard for most teams to come by

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ekeler paid

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1236004728695328769

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Was coming to post that, seems fine to me for the Chargers and probably about what he could expect if he got to free agency?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Was coming to post that, seems fine to me for the Chargers and probably about what he could expect if he got to free agency?

They didnt want to tender him and risk losing him, and it's honestly cheaper than I thought it'd be.

Bye Melvin

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

JPrime posted:

Whoops poo poo
Edit Miami offered Teddy 2/16 last year

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Oh sure when Mahomes cant read defenses everyone calls him amazing, when Mitch Titties Trubisky cant, everyone laughs at him.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

a neat cape posted:

They didnt want to tender him and risk losing him, and it's honestly cheaper than I thought it'd be.

Bye Melvin

Where does Melvin even go? I was gonna say Buffalo, but they have Singletary who's a) cheap, and b) shows promise.

Maybe Atlanta or something crazy?

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Jets were the only bidder for Teddy in 2018. The Saints and Dolphins were the only two in 2019 and even then it was for backup money.

He might get a deal like Jacoby got with the Colts, 2/$30m, from someone who think he might be a decent stopgap. I dont see anyone throwing around big money on him.

Except that 2018 was the return from the surgeries, and 2019 was after only getting one start in a Week 17 "rest the starters" match. Very low expectations, high uncertainty about his ability to be a full-time starter.

Then he stepped in for Brees for 5.5 games, won all 5 games that he started (QB wins are dumb but it also boosts his profile), and he was showed he was more than just a game manager in the last few starts vs TB, Jax, and Chi.

73/108, 835 yds, 7 td, 1 int, AY/A approx 8.7

He checks a lot of boxes for a coach and/or GM that is concerned about job security and lacks a top pick for a hyped prospect:

- Most recent performances were good-to-great;
- Young enough to be a long-term starter;
- Experienced enough to help right away;
- A "safe" choice compared to some of the other FA QBs.

Flynn got term back in the day, and Foles got money recently. Bridgewater should be able to get at least one, if not both, from a team that considers itself one QB short of a decent playoff push.

Edit: I wish Ben had hosed off for good, it'd be fun to root for Teddy in black and yellow.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

waah posted:

Where does Melvin even go? I was gonna say Buffalo, but they have Singletary who's a) cheap, and b) shows promise.

Maybe Atlanta or something crazy?

Houston? Green Bay?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mitch can only read areolas.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Miami could make sense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I think if I'm Gordon I look at all the running backs that sucked there and immediately improved elsewhere and skip it