Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Oh sweet. Good news for Alberta, right? :imunfunny:

https://twitter.com/JavierBlas/status/1235964496998535168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

TRUDEAU!!!

(e: woo!)

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Goddamnit Trudeau this your fault somehow
- 35% of Canadians

e: beaten

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Live in Southern Ontario and want to knock doors and attend a Bernie rally on Sunday, March 8? If you live anywhere between Kitchener and Ann Arbor, I will pick you up. I'm thinking knock doors from either 9am or 12pm until 3pm and then attend the rally at 6pm.

No excuses, Canada goons!

PhilippAchtel has issued a correction as of 01:00 on Mar 7, 2020

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1236751577551122434

RIP Alberta

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Picture a massive bulletin board with pictures connected with interconnected string. At the top, PET and the NEP. At the bottom the final notice on a $1200 truck payment dated March 2019.

That is what $30m buys for your war room.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

If only literally anyone could have seen this coming!

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

https://twitter.com/CTVchrisepp/status/1235962956417990657

oh boy more cuts coming!

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
i checked the kenney Facebook comment thread on the oil slashing and it was a bunch of comments on how Trudeau is trying to kill Alberta off for good by conspiring with Saudi Arabia, on top of comments on how we need to refine our own oil for ourselves

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Professorjuggalo posted:

i checked the kenney Facebook comment thread on the oil slashing and it was a bunch of comments on how Trudeau is trying to kill Alberta off for good by conspiring with Saudi Arabia, on top of comments on how we need to refine our own oil for ourselves

at some point this kind of stupidity stops being endearing

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

infernal machines posted:

at some point this kind of stupidity stops being endearing

Canada-Spam: at some point this kind of stupidity stops being endearing

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

He just wasn't ready

Chunderbucket
Aug 31, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Powershift posted:

Picture a massive bulletin board with pictures connected with interconnected string. At the top, PET and the NEP. At the bottom the final notice on a $1200 truck payment dated March 2019.

That is what $30m buys for your war room.

I'm starting to think 2009 was actually the best time for me to have had a mental breakdown, quit my job and move out of the province with absolutely no forethought.

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005
Currently Googling how to break my lease early in Alberta. I just started a new job and my wife is a NICU Nurse but we were already considering a move to begin with, this basically solidifies that her job is either going to disappear or get realllllyyy lovely really soon.

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Corona doesn't really affect babies so she's actually in a pretty good spot though as long as she never goes to common areas

Nairbo
Jan 2, 2005

linoleum floors posted:

Corona doesn't really affect babies so she's actually in a pretty good spot though as long as she never goes to common areas

I moreso mean the oil price drop, not Corona. Kenney has promised more cuts if "needed", in addition to the hundreds of millions already being cut. I'm going to guess this oil price issue is going to make it "needed"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I wonder when the best time to sell will be. Conversely, maybe I can buy up my whole block for a few grand in just a couple more years of Kenney.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Come to Winnipeg, then friends!

We have a growing public transit system. You see we were under a multiple year feasibility transit study on how the city has expanded and what improvements it needed. So, they say they couldn't make any changes.

Well, good news! The study was finished years ago and we need a lot of change!

Oh, what's that? The Conservative government stopped funding Winnipeg transit for shits and giggles? Oh.

Well, we still have to change and provide! We are WInnipeg, the little town that tried! So here's an extension of the rapid transit corridor, where you take a speedy bus to one of our many hubs and catch* a connecting bus to get anywhere!
*well, if Winnipeg transit can actually have buses at well thought out times and actually make them meet on time

What's that? You want to see the times and final schedules for these routes? Uuuuh, no you can't see them. But it opens on April 12th! https://winnipegtransit.com/en/major-projects/rapid-transit/southwest-transitway/#tab-updates

What's that? Our budget means we have to cut more routes? poo poo. https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/good-news-bad-news-for-winnipeg-transit-in-new-proposed-budget-1.4842858

What's that? The University students are losing their U-Pass? poo poo.

Come to Winnipeg!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
rapid transit is also dead, they arent going to build anymore corridors just add more diamond lanes or whatever the gently caress

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I increased my donations to the federal and provincial NDP and asked for a membership card.

What they’ve done to Bernie in the States is unforgivable and I want to make sure we keep fighting here. The loss of the per-vote subsidy hurts though.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
Don't be naive. The current NDP leadership aligns much more closely with Warren or Harris than Sanders and were they part of the Democratic Party most of them would be participating in the stop Bernie campaign.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

*frantically googles "how to defeat and replace party leadership"*

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

*frantically googles "how to defeat and replace party leadership"*

the other uncle joe has your answer there

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
trial by combat is the only way to replace the current ndp leadership

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

DariusLikewise posted:

trial by combat is the only way to replace the current ndp leadership

As the Conservatives warned me when I was growing up, beware the Kirpan - the fearsome sword all Sikhs wield.

But seriously we have to get rid of Pantsuit Nation and Blairites in our own ranks now because we’ve seen what they’ll do to us.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Salean posted:

He just wasn't ready

Nice beard though

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Niki Ashton at least volunteered on the Sanders campaign in 2016, but I bet Singh didn't.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Marit Stiles should skip the provincial ONDP shitshow and go federal. I've worked with her and she has legit progressive values.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Bernie winning and showing meaningful improvements in peoples' lives is the best hope for leftism in canada. half the country thinks voting for an heir in blackface is peak liberalism and will be smug about it because they're nominally better than americans. god bless the ndp but they're never going to be in a position to fix this mess.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
The last election was particularly telling about the Canadian so called values not that one million years of Harper wasn't enough

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

"Canadian values" is people jerking off over how great Canada is, but then flying into a frothing rage when reminded that Native people exist.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Yeah basically. I deal with people,forgive the term, complaining about teachers unions and those uppity natives who don't instantly acquiesce to having an ongoing ecological disaster on their lands every day, woo

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Colonel Cancer posted:

The last election was particularly telling about the Canadian so called values not that one million years of Harper wasn't enough

Ford Nation winning on the national level wouldn’t be enough. The neoliberal consensus is not threatened at all in Canada.

However, a recession and Trump winning again in the states might get people talking.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Trudeau had one job to do - eliminate the first past the post system, and he couldn't even do that in his term. And he sure as hell isn't going to do it in his second term, we can really just look forward to 4-8 years of conservative party unless something major happens

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

No see the math was just too darn complicated for everyday middle class Canadian taxpayers.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos

Colonel Cancer posted:

Trudeau had one job to do - eliminate the first past the post system, and he couldn't even do that in his term. And he sure as hell isn't going to do it in his second term, we can really just look forward to 4-8 years of conservative party unless something major happens

"couldn't"?????

He never intended to, unless he could get STV. Not for a second.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
It is helpful to remember that when Trudeau's team developed his platform they were third in the polls and almost certainly not expecting to win a majority of the seats in parliament.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
not really. he lied. end of story. you dont get a break because you were in third when you promised it.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

FPTP combined with the elimination of the per-vote subsidy benefits the Liberals. Why would they ever change that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

You all should chill, smoke a j and forget about this boring election reform poo poo.