Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lowdog
Dec 14, 2012

Colonel Whitey posted:

Travis also needs to up his scene-setting game. I really noticed the difference going from Tiny Heist to the Imp Hospital, where Brennan is really good and enthusiastic about describing a scene, Travis just kinda says 'you're in a hospital with imps in it' and lets them go fight. Nothing describing the tone, mood, or anything about the setting. Is it a creepy dark abandoned hospital? Is it sterile and brightly lit? Give us something, paint a mind picture.

Travis just seems to have a lot of trouble with executing "show, don't tell" in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

HopperUK posted:

Yeah that sounds like Griffin.

I thought the same but apparently it's Justin.

https://twitter.com/Trolls2cast/status/1235995964135047168

misadventurous
Jun 26, 2013

the wise gem bowed her head solemnly and spoke: "theres actually zero difference between good & bad quartzes. you imbecile. you fucking moron"

Colonel Whitey posted:

Travis also needs to up his scene-setting game. I really noticed the difference going from Tiny Heist to the Imp Hospital, where Brennan is really good and enthusiastic about describing a scene, Travis just kinda says 'you're in a hospital with imps in it' and lets them go fight. Nothing describing the tone, mood, or anything about the setting. Is it a creepy dark abandoned hospital? Is it sterile and brightly lit? Give us something, paint a mind picture.

Even versus TAZ itself it’s so flavorlessly set up, in Balance there would have been a couple scenes of them goofing with the director and Avi first but instead it’s Travis doing movie promo jokes and then “so you took a summer job and now you’re at a hospital”

The actual episode made me laugh harder than anything in Graduation so far (“hot mint” and “SNEAK ATTACK” were very good jokes) but I sure hope Travis stops running them through tutorial levels for a bad video game

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Travis admitting that he came up with the name of the episode before the concept kinda tells you everything you need to know about his approach to DMing.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

The McElroy's deserve whatever awards go to podcasts for the McElroy's will be in trolls 2

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I wish Travis would hide things from them and have them figure it on their own instead of just telling them. The fights got pretty stale until the boss fight and even then it was pretty back and forth. Compared to the hectic fight vs Legion, there was so much more to do than just swing and do damage.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/trolls2cast/status/1235996054442717184?s=21

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I'm glad the boys got some SAG-AFTRA credits, but shucks howdy I have zero desire in seeing that movie.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

There will eventually be a compilation of all their lines anyway.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I'm glad the boys got some SAG-AFTRA credits, but shucks howdy I have zero desire in seeing that movie.

Speak for yourself, the first Trolls was great and I was excited for this one even before the McElroy brothers got involved.

Like, I fully admit these movies aren't for everyone, but I'm a sucker for bright colors and fun.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Looking at the Trolls 2 trailer, it looks like one of those things where the movie probably has some great gags that are being cut in weird ways to make them look less funny in promotional material.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Doctor Reynolds posted:

The first one was pretty decent

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I keep forgetting to mention this in my posts but Justin singing his ice cream song for his kid was cute :3:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plan Z posted:

Looking at the Trolls 2 trailer, it looks like one of those things where the movie probably has some great gags that are being cut in weird ways to make them look less funny in promotional material.

That's the exact same thing that happened with the first movie so, yeah, probably.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Plan Z posted:

So it's a modern animated movie

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

I look forward to seeing their parts in trolls 2 when my niece or nephew watch it on Netflix

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

The final episode of TMBWBITWT was very good. It makes me laugh every time they get some crazy new pull for this extremely dumb project. That it started with Flula Borg talking about how he doesn’t know who the McElroys are was one thing, but I honestly never would have imagined that it would end with them on the horn with the loving director and producer of the movie, who are fans of the podcast, personally telling them what their roles are. Also surprising that Justin actually managed to make the ending kind of nice.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Joel Begleiter really does love those idiots.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I still think the funniest bit of the whole thing is Travis showing up late in his piss shirt.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I'm not really a fan of these modern animated musicals that just have the characters sing covers of popular pop songs instead of having any identity of their own.

I do love how the whole thing came about due to Justin realizing the studio stunt casted some youtubers for minor roles in the first one though.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

So it's a modern animated movie

Any comedy ever made, really. I passed a lot of great comedy movies up over the years because the trailers made the jokes look really awful.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Mr Phillby posted:

I'm not really a fan of these modern animated musicals that just have the characters sing covers of popular pop songs instead of having any identity of their own.

I do love how the whole thing came about due to Justin realizing the studio stunt casted some youtubers for minor roles in the first one though.

As far as I remember the pop songs in the first one were originals, at least the main one. It was even nominated for the Oscar for best song

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That was the only original song, I believe.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Mr Phillby posted:

Jukebox musicals are like Spotify playlists. Some are really well curated and thoughtfully arranged. Most are just the Top 40 from the time they are made. And a few are just the one artist, and it’s like...why don’t I just put Elton John on shuffle?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

The Trolls soundtrack has September by Earth Wind and Fire. I only know that because Spotify always thinks that the one that I want. Which, what the gently caress?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

The best song in Trolls is "Get Back up Again", and it's sung during what is one of my favorite animated sequences of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuFm0m2wj0&vl=en

If you've never seen the first Trolls and you're not sure about seeing Trolls 2 then watch that 3 minute clip because it perfectly captures the tone of the entire first movie. If you like it, then you should probably watch Trolls 2 and check out the first movie as well, if you don't like it then these movies are not for you and that's fine.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The best song in Trolls is "Get Back up Again", and it's sung during what is one of my favorite animated sequences of all time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFuFm0m2wj0&vl=en

If you've never seen the first Trolls and you're not sure about seeing Trolls 2 then watch that 3 minute clip because it perfectly captures the tone of the entire first movie. If you like it, then you should probably watch Trolls 2 and check out the first movie as well, if you don't like it then these movies are not for you and that's fine.

Oh, so THAT'S why Griffin wanted to be in Trolls 2.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

TRAVIS: 'i'm trying to paint a word picture about this hospital room'

SHORTLY AFTER: 'a chain devil walks out. a beefy dude covered in chains. anyway,'

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Zutaten posted:

His description of them ("family-friendly wholesome boys who make cum jokes") is basically my elevator pitch for MBMBAM.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
These goofuses actually made it into Trolls 2. Unbelievable

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Piell posted:

Oh, so THAT'S why Griffin wanted to be in Trolls 2.
Griffin has done such a good job distancing himself from the vore stuff in the last n years that I didn't realize what you were talking about until it sprung into my head sometime later

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I was surprised that was the last episode, since they're going to the premiere, but I guess they'll just talk about it on MBMBAM?

Zutaten posted:

Maybe my favorite part of the whole podcast was the discovery of Joel's a capella stardom, and how thrilled the guys were about it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

children, i challenge you to find zee fun inside zee structure

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/mekosoff/status/1237002599628451840?s=20

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

This is some straight up "I never thought the leopards would eat MY face" poo poo.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

This live episode is not great

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
Cincinnati is the most Travis City.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

The answer to 'how could Play Along at Home possibly be made worse' is to ask questions to which someone knows all the answers

Tears In A Vial fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Mar 10, 2020

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

I'm sure it'll get old, but I do love how much Griffin and Justin absolutely hate Play Along at Home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
So between this episode where they boosted the fried chicken hashtag and returned to the bit later to talk about how hungry they were for it, and the last one where they literally bought hundreds of Double Downs for the audience, can we assume that the live shows are sponsored by KFC now?