Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Squizzle posted:

just a note that we do not ban on request anymore, and as this toxx relates t something you, the toxx-er, have total control over, that counts as requested. so come up w a diff consequence for failing this mighty challenge

This is the MOST SA-Mod reply to this thread that could possibly be made without an 8 year old sitting in your lap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

if you fail this toxx, you're a poopoohead

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Why is a request for a ban not acceptable anymore? Seems like a good way to raise money for the forums since most people asking for a banme return

because people can post an auto-ban thread if they love the idea of being banned. dont make busywork for iks and mods and admins to do something you can do on yr own, free of charge, at any time

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Vim Fuego posted:

This is the MOST SA-Mod reply to this thread that could possibly be made without an 8 year old sitting in your lap

blue star rots brain :shrug:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Squizzle posted:

just a note that we do not ban on request anymore, and as this toxx relates t something you, the toxx-er, have total control over, that counts as requested. so come up w a diff consequence for failing this mighty challenge

Squizzle posted:

because people can post an auto-ban thread if they love the idea of being banned. dont make busywork for iks and mods and admins to do something you can do on yr own, free of charge, at any time

I assumed the way the enforcement would work is that if we see someone supporting voting Biden after posting in this thread we report them. That way the mods don't have to keep track of anything

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches
pro-malarky, anti-biden

corn pop was right

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

i was bored for 10 minutes and found the original font so... really lovely attempt:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

dex_sda posted:

i was bored for 10 minutes and found the original font so... really lovely attempt:

That's really good but could you make the background transparent? The blue's not actually part of the logo

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

ain't votin' for joseph robinette biden under any circumstances

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

I might slant the flag actually

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

with slanted flag, looks better on transparent but no 'slide' from off-screen so who can say which is better

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dex_sda posted:

with slanted flag, looks better on transparent but no 'slide' from off-screen so who can say which is better

ill ask an admin to upload it

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

available now

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Just posting in the right thread to ask a very important question:

When I'm writing in, is Bernie Sanders acceptable or does it specifically have to be Bernard Sanders?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

dex_sda posted:

if you fail this toxx, you're a poopoohead

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Writing up a sample ballot right now so I can practice not bubbling in next to Joe Biden's name

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Luckyellow posted:

Just posting in the right thread to ask a very important question:

When I'm writing in, is Bernie Sanders acceptable or does it specifically have to be Bernard Sanders?

Bernard "Killer Mike" Sanders

*i have no actual idea

**not that it would matter anyway

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Squizzle posted:

Now even the famed SA institution of being banned for failing a toxx has been taken over by the democratic party leadership.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Why is a request for a ban not acceptable anymore? Seems like a good way to raise money for the forums since most people asking for a banme return

A regular toxx involves betting on something outside your control. Thus it’s funny if you lose because you played yourself. toxxing on just not doing a thing, while funny because biden sucks, is an inherently low-stakes thing to do.

thus, toxxing in this thread and then going on to support biden anyway is just a coward’s self-ban. if you want to do that, then just self-ban.

there’s also the reality that mass toxxes tend to cost the site a lot of users. so we’ve been toying with the idea of moving away from election toxx = ban into things that don’t cost users, such as humiliating avatars.

so with that said if you somehow manage to fail this toxx you have only yourself to blame and I am now taking submissions for awful biden themed avatars to give to failures itt*

*please do not submit overtly sexual or unnecessarily violent images for this, as I cannot make them an avatar.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Lightning Knight posted:

A regular toxx involves betting on something outside your control. Thus it’s funny if you lose because you played yourself. toxxing on just not doing a thing, while funny because biden sucks, is an inherently low-stakes thing to do.

thus, toxxing in this thread and then going on to support biden anyway is just a coward’s self-ban. if you want to do that, then just self-ban.

there’s also the reality that mass toxxes tend to cost the site a lot of users. so we’ve been toying with the idea of moving away from election toxx = ban into things that don’t cost users, such as humiliating avatars.

so with that said if you somehow manage to fail this toxx you have only yourself to blame and I am now taking submissions for awful biden themed avatars to give to failures itt*

*please do not submit overtly sexual or unnecessarily violent images for this, as I cannot make them an avatar.

Best i got on short notice

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

*deletes entire folder labelled 'Biden meeting women'*

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Squizzle posted:

available now

sweet, now we just need an ik to get bored and hand some of this poo poo out

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

With the nature of the toxx it seems more likely someone will intentionally fail just to get an avatar out of it.

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

well that ends the fun

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

just call it the neverbiden krew thread then

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

tangy yet delightful posted:

Bernard "Killer Mike" Sanders

*i have no actual idea

**not that it would matter anyway

If write-ins become relevant (receive enough votes that they might be the winner if they were all for the same candidate) the board of elections goes through each of them to try to figure out who they're voting for.

Some candidate recently named Nick Freitas won a write-in campaign:

quote:

“If the intent of the voter is discernible or the name is phonetically recognizable, the vote has to count,” Holmes repeated numerous times as Richmond read each voting line aloud.

The vote validation process lasted about 50 minutes and included at least several dozen spelling variations of Freitas’ name, with minor misspellings easily approved. “Nick Freit,” as written by 20 Culpeper voters, was the first to pose a problem for the board: “That’s pretty far off. If you want to count it, you can,” Chairwoman Huss said.

“I see that and it’s 20 votes,” responded Holmes with Huss replying, “Why would it be 20 people spelled it that way?” Richmond, the secretary, chimed in saying it’s possibly the voting machine camera cut the name off. Holmes said, “We have no choice but to accept it,” and the votes counted. Nick Fritas (18 votes) was also determined valid and so was Nick Fretas on 17 ballots.

The electoral board also accepted Nick Feitas, Nick Freitos, Freits and Nick Frietes. Commented Huss, “I don’t know how they could screw up his name that much.”

from https://www.starexponent.com/news/a...6aa56dee9f.html

So yeah you'd be fine

(this is my first post in the thread, but I live in NY so if Biden wins my vote for him or write-in for Bernie won't matter)

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

i got eight gang-tags queued (first 8 posters in thread) and might queue more later if the iks dont beat me to it

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i think we should up the ante and require proof.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Dolphin posted:

i think we should up the ante and require proof.

thats a crime tho

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug

Squizzle posted:

thats a crime tho

Not in every state!

Edit:

Jurisdictions that currently allow ballot selfies or do not enforce laws against them are: Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Minnesota, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wyoming, and the District of Columbia.
Jurisdictions where the law is currently unclear are: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Iowa, Maryland, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, and West Virginia.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
state by state but in like michigan you just can't have your face in the pic
https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7-127--496902--,00.html

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
wait so toxx doesn't even mean anything anymore? thats stupid is this because of a the eight billion people that got toxxed when hillary lost lol that was hilarious

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Squizzle posted:

available now

this absolutely owns and I will wear it with pride

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

is it possible to have two gang tags??? That’s a great one too.

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

dex_sda posted:

fantastic

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The ultimate lmao would be if the Democratic succ failed so hard at 2020 that the GOP secured the Article 5 requirements to call a constitutional convention all by themselves

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i will have already been banned for toxxing for bernie anyway

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

drat this gangtag rules

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

What kinda fuckin name is is is robinette? More more like boba fett I mean. What thread is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Acelerion posted:

What kinda fuckin name is is is robinette? More more like boba fett I mean. What thread is this?

didn't know you had an account mister biden