Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

wow such fun balanced and rewarding gameplay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
What are you showing us here? Besides your pedantry.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Kazvall posted:

I've never seen someone so hosed up.

I didn't think to take a screenshot until after fixing my left leg.

I have no idea how I was alive, my friend said that you've got a death save kind of effect. I had to wheeze my way out of customs but I made it.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Bucnasti posted:

I didn't think to take a screenshot until after fixing my left leg.

I have no idea how I was alive, my friend said that you've got a death save kind of effect. I had to wheeze my way out of customs but I made it.

You can bleed out to 0 on your vital body parts without dying. If you take any damage on a vital 0 part you die. If you lose all of your HP while bleeding you die.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

I should be dead. But thankfully, the bad guys hosed up more than I did. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good. When I started healing I had 25 health and 3 bleeds.

https://streamable.com/rdsfo

drat so not everyone screams when the "CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE" alert goes off? Weird

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

DrPop posted:

drat so not everyone screams when the "CONSTRUCTION COMPLETE" alert goes off? Weird

I did scream. Internally.

That sounds has made me jump a whole loving lot.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

DrPop posted:

I nearly lost it creeping up in interchange when the scav case notification went off in raid :ohdear:

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

DrPop posted:

Ice Fist posted:

I did scream. Internally.

That sounds has made me jump a whole loving lot.

TheTofuShop posted:

I nearly lost it creeping up in interchange when the scav case notification went off in raid :ohdear:

Set UI and Hideout sound levels to 0. Never be startled/scared by them again. Also, UI sound to 0 lets you hear stuff in raid more easily. No more sound that only you can hear when transferring stuff.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

I should be dead. But thankfully, the bad guys hosed up more than I did. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good. When I started healing I had 25 health and 3 bleeds.

https://streamable.com/rdsfo

this clip just got my friend to buy the game

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Famethrowa posted:

this clip just got my friend to buy the game

Oh no.

What have I done?????

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Ice Fist posted:

Oh no.

What have I done?????

You are the absolute worst.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Hey Dicks, what was your shotugn build for that Factory camp thing? I have a few shotgun quests stacked and am looking for good attachments to use. Because the base gun was the M153, right?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kikas posted:

Hey Dicks, what was your shotugn build for that Factory camp thing? I have a few shotgun quests stacked and am looking for good attachments to use. Because the base gun was the M153, right?

153, barrel adapter, one of the chokes that fits on it. Express buckshot.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Kikas posted:

MP153
8 round tube
adapter to let you mount muzzle devices
muzzle device (monster claw is best for recoil but decide based on budget/etc.) or silencer (more likely to get taken if they have a moment but makes the whole thing even longer and still isn't worth that much so decent odds of getting it back, esp. on non-factory maps)

is the base build and all you need for extract camping with buckshot like he was

a lot of the shotgun quests are like on woods or require headshots, for those you'll definitely want to also add a mount so you can get a red dot and just use AP-20 slugs

use a strut if you want a laser

you can also mess around with the stock to further minimize recoil/get some ergo but imo it's extremely not necessary

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i think ive got every single mp153 with a silencer on back because it makes it 8x2 slots. i still have one in my stash cos everytime i take it out to try and lose it i get it back.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

People will absolutely steal your silencers. They steal my monster claws, and those things aren't even worth much.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Stux posted:

i think ive got every single mp153 with a silencer on back because it makes it 8x2 slots. i still have one in my stash cos everytime i take it out to try and lose it i get it back.

yeah you get them back very often - I was more talking about the silencer itself which people will strip in lieu of taking the entire gun since it's a reasonable if mediocre 2-slot item to loot

still more than decent odds you get it all back though since someone doing that generally requires them to have their second weapon slot free and decide they don't have anything better to do with their space/time (and anyone who subsequently kills them deciding the same, which is increasingly unlikely)

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Thanks guys.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Uh wow the changes! https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/120814-preliminary-patchnotes-for-0124-patch/

Flea Market from level 15 is gonna make some of the early key quests hell.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Kikas posted:

Uh wow the changes! https://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/120814-preliminary-patchnotes-for-0124-patch/

yeah that’s actually a really bad change

e: like I see what they’re thinking with hackers and RMT accounts, but that is *brutal* for any new player joining late in a wipe and makes things they previously did like the current implementation of out-of-raid healing way more unpleasant and punitive at low levels

LGD fucked around with this message at 21:41 on Mar 6, 2020

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Yeah. Maybe the intent was to combat bots? But it's really going to suck for any legit new player.

I started playing Tarkov this wipe, and I was already not looking forward to the next wipe. I get that it's fun to play when everyone's starting from nothing, but I don't know if I'm going to have fun grinding through the same questlines. I'm imagining Streets of Tarkov being released and being all hype to play it, but also feeling an obligation to go back to Customs, Woods, and Shoreline for ages to level up and unlock traders + Epsilon case. If flea market is at level 15 it'll be especially rough.

Periodic resets work in games like Path of Exile where you get to try a completely different character (along with new buffs/nerfs/changes to the underlying game), but in Tarkov I'll be doing the same poo poo again.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

LGD posted:

yeah that’s actually a really bad change

e: like I see what they’re thinking with hackers and RMT accounts, but that is *brutal* for any new player joining late in a wipe and makes things they previously did like the current implementation of out-of-raid healing way more unpleasant and punitive at low levels

Yeah it is a very bad way to go about trying to fix the problems they're probably trying to resolve. If they make the quest keys a 100% spawn, instanced type of thing it could be OK but I doubt that'll be the case.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Kikas posted:

loving yikes, that's gonna suuuuuuuuuck.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

loving yikes, that's gonna suuuuuuuuuck.

Goons already discussing ways to quickly cheese the 15 levels of XP. It's not going to be too bad for the people who know how to knock it out.

But yeah, it's a bad change.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Kikas posted:

Buy an MP-153 with a buttstock (~20,000)

(4,000 / 9,000)

get this mag (2,300)

if you want a sight, get this combo (4,000 / 15,000)

Use Magnum ammo if you can handle the recoil (352 damage per LMB), if not Express ammo (250 damage per LMB). Both are dirt cheap.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

ThePineapple posted:

Periodic resets work in games like Path of Exile where you get to try a completely different character

I feel like periodic resets in this game could totally work as long as there was some other kind of goal to do other than to kill people and grind dumb quests, instead of ME MAKE TOP RIGHT NUMBA BIGGER BECAUSE BIGGER NUMBER BETTA

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Kikas posted:

level 5 was bad enough. fuuuuuck this.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ice Fist posted:

Goons already discussing ways to quickly cheese the 15 levels of XP. It's not going to be too bad for the people who know how to knock it out.

But yeah, it's a bad change.

yeah the thing is at this point I'm not remotely worried about my ability to power through it even if I stopped playing and started again midwipe

but I think back to how I was when I first started playing and it would have been a huge pain in the rear end and might have legitimately put me off the game for good

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

LGD posted:

yeah the thing is at this point I'm not remotely worried about my ability to power through it even if I stopped playing and started again midwipe

but I think back to how I was when I first started playing and it would have been a huge pain in the rear end and might have legitimately put me off the game for good

The game is difficult enough at the core that these kind of arbitrary gates seem like a bad idea in the long run.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

The game is difficult enough at the core that these kind of arbitrary gates seem like a bad idea in the long run.

yeah its an extremely bad idea

flea market access changes the entire way the game economy works because it essentially gives you access to everything every trader has to offer and more (even if at extremely steep premiums and I'd assume there is a several day period at the start of a wipe where stuff is mega-spotty), and also lets you get actual market value for your loot

someone cracking out and rushing traders gives them a big individual advantage, but so does someone getting extremely lucky with cache loot in the same raid - this stuff doesn't really matter, what matters is how players relate to what the playerbase in aggregate is doing on average

the flea market creates a two-tiered system where anyone with access is at an enormous advantage vs. those who don't have access in nearly every facet of the game - that exists now but doesn't really matter because while new players will take far longer than more experienced players the time it takes is still reasonable, they'd be getting dunked on regardless of equipment, and they don't really face any constraints due to stash size/inability to participate fully in the economy

that calculus changes dramatically when that period is extended out to level 15

e: tbh this is one of my concerns for the game - they often seem to assume the average player is experienced/owns eod/knows a lot of the crazy stuff specific to the game, so don't account for disproportionate impact on different types of players

this isn't an argument for dumbing the game down or making it less immersive because that would ruin the game's appeal, but I do worry about the compounding effect of barriers to entry and mechanics that are disproportionately punitive to people without a wealth of Tarkov-specific game-knowledge

LGD fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Mar 7, 2020

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Without the flea market, and stuck on quests required to get level 2 traders, the best gear that you can feasibly buy is a paca, a penis helmet, and an SKS, and that is frankly dire up to level 15. Every once in a while, you'll get a uley and an ADAR (with what ammo?), and of course you'll have scav loot, but compared to someone with flea market access, your ability to buy your way into raids is so much poorer

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It was probably the :reddit: and the streamer that got them to do this lv 15 thing

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
One of my friends has been playing without using the flea market at all. He's been playing about as long as me and is only a couple levels behind me (I'm 36). Alrhough his hideout is nowhere near as complete as mine.

There have definitely been times when it made things tougher for him but nothing insurmountable.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

These changes sound bad but how can we make it even worse for base version owners???

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Mae posted:

Without the flea market, and stuck on quests required to get level 2 traders, the best gear that you can feasibly buy is a paca, a penis helmet, and an SKS, and that is frankly dire up to level 15. Every once in a while, you'll get a uley and an ADAR (with what ammo?), and of course you'll have scav loot, but compared to someone with flea market access, your ability to buy your way into raids is so much poorer

The main thing is going to be keys for quests. Leveling to 15 solo without being able to complete a bunch of quests because you can't find or purchase the key to the loving water room in dorms would absolutely suck, and it's not like there's really any in-built way to build a base of players who will help you out.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah bad pointless change, the level 5 barrier already seemed needless and shouldve just been removed rather than made much bigger

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Stux posted:

yeah bad pointless change, the level 5 barrier already seemed needless and shouldve just been removed rather than made much bigger

It was kinda necessary to avoid people effortlessly dodging bans for API abuse

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

VulgarandStupid posted:

These changes sound bad but how can we make it even worse for base version owners???

Give them no starting items at all, force them to do naked runs

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

Give them no starting items at all, force them to do naked runs

Encouraging hatchet runs?! You monster!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Maybe they'll meet us in the middle at 10... That wouldnt be so terrible. I feel like combating the bots is a losing fight though. The economy part of this game is just begging to be manipulated