Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

beats for junkies posted:

As for a new one: why does the hive (haven't tried other skills yet) not give back half the charges if you cancel it early anymore?

Hive resets from zero charges if you remote-cancel it but you can get save your leftover charges by going up to it and physically picking it up (same button as cancel or deploy, but a prompt comes up if you're close enough.)

I'd loving love if you could get charges back from remote-canceling, especially now that being out of cover for a tenth of a second is a death sentence, but it's been that way for ages.

The other skills that let you wait half as long for a cooldown if you remote canceled the skill seem to not be working, not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

Weird question of my own: what does +status effect do, actually? Make statuses last longer? Do more damage? Both?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Meticulously Researched
- Peer-reviewed

Digital Osmosis posted:

Hive resets from zero charges if you remote-cancel it but you can get save your leftover charges by going up to it and physically picking it up (same button as cancel or deploy, but a prompt comes up if you're close enough.)

I'd loving love if you could get charges back from remote-canceling, especially now that being out of cover for a tenth of a second is a death sentence, but it's been that way for ages.

The other skills that let you wait half as long for a cooldown if you remote canceled the skill seem to not be working, not sure if that's a bug or a feature.

Weird question of my own: what does +status effect do, actually? Make statuses last longer? Do more damage? Both?

I know about picking it back up. I'm pretty sure that was the first thing I noticed after the patch where they added it. But sometimes I throw it in an inconvenient/inaccessible location, and it would be nice to not completely reset the charges when I only used a few of them. Or like you said: being out of cover is deadly if you're still in a fight, and sometimes the waves are now coming from the other side of the arena than they were when you threw your hive out. I liked being able to early-cancel and still have a few charges to burn if a new group rushed out from a flanking position or something.

I'm pretty sure it's a 'feature' now if it's applying to the other skills, unfortunately. I can't say for sure what +status effect does, but I would guess it makes them last longer. So yes, that means more damage (overall), just not per tick. I could be wrong about that, though.

Fifty Farts fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Mar 7, 2020

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Digital Osmosis posted:

They let you keep half charges from a remote cancellation from TU6 (October-ish, the Pentagon missions update) until the release of Warlords. It was nice; not having it any more sucks.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

I got the exploding rolly ball mines, but I picked the cluster bomb kind and I think I should have picked the kind that splits into a bunch of little bombs and seeks out targets. I guess I'm asking a) how do I upgrade or boost or whatever my skills, so those bombs hurt more and b) will I be and to go back and pick seekers or whatever they're called later

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Digital Osmosis posted:

I believe it’s both which makes it actually really good to stack.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

FAUXTON posted:

you can interact with nearly every dog in the game, you just can only pet one.

By interact, you mean shoot?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Inspector Hound posted:

I got the exploding rolly ball mines, but I picked the cluster bomb kind and I think I should have picked the kind that splits into a bunch of little bombs and seeks out targets. I guess I'm asking a) how do I upgrade or boost or whatever my skills, so those bombs hurt more and b) will I be and to go back and pick seekers or whatever they're called later

The first unlock takes the mission unlock point but the rest take SHD tech to unlock. You get it from side missions and finding caches in the districts.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Yeah, spend the SHD tech as you want, I still have near 100 left and should probably just use them to buy all the different drones/turrets etc.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Inspector Hound posted:

I got the exploding rolly ball mines, but I picked the cluster bomb kind and I think I should have picked the kind that splits into a bunch of little bombs and seeks out targets.

Splitty mines are good btw. They don't do a ton of damage but I use them to spot enemies and chase people out of cover which they're perfect for.

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

Inspector Hound posted:

You want to look for "Skill Tier +1" on gear pieces. It will fill up a bar in the lower right of the inventory, and as you fill more of those bars, your skills will have more charges, do more damage, and have faster cooldowns. After you get the initial 8 skills (one variant of each skill), you can use SHD tech to unlock the variants you didn't choose the first time, with the exception of the Specialization versions, which you get with the corresponding Specialization (endgame stuff, so you won't have to worry about those for a while).

Fifty Farts
Dec 23, 2013

- Peer-reviewed

OgNar posted:

Yeah, spend the SHD tech as you want, I still have near 100 left and should probably just use them to buy all the different drones/turrets etc.

There's enough SHD tech in the game to get everything that requires SHD tech, so there's no reason to save it for anything that might come up in the future. If they add something else that requires SHD tech, they will add more SHD tech to get it.

SHD tech.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

beats for junkies posted:

You want to look for "Skill Tier +1" on gear pieces. It will fill up a bar in the lower right of the inventory, and as you fill more of those bars, your skills will have more charges, do more damage, and have faster cooldowns. After you get the initial 8 skills (one variant of each skill), you can use SHD tech to unlock the variants you didn't choose the first time, with the exception of the Specialization versions, which you get with the corresponding Specialization (endgame stuff, so you won't have to worry about those for a while).

I don’t think I’ve bothered with any of the specialization skills, none of them feel that impressive.

Kind of let down by the sticky bomb, even though it was a favorite skill for me in the first game. The cluster mines are just too good at being an excellent fire and forget option. I have an armor talent that makes it explode like a grenade after I throw it when it splits up, and all the environmental stuff in the expansion maps means I have enough secondary explosions to wipe half an encounter in one use.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Thank you! Thats very clear now and all sounds extremely manageable, and also solves the mystery of what the hell the gold boxes in armor stats are, you guys are ridiculously helpful.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

did they nerf drops on the last patch?

Just logged in for two hours and got gently caress and all while doing supply drops, CPs, etc. in NY. At least 20 drops, 1 yellow, and all of them were garbage. Hard difficulty which I know isn't exactly crazy, but should at least see some OK crap. I was getting better on normal at launch and way better on hard yesterday.

RNGesus loving me or did they gently caress it up?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Cyrano4747 posted:

Just logged in for two hours and got gently caress and all while doing supply drops, CPs, etc. in NY. At least 20 drops, 1 yellow, and all of them were garbage. Hard difficulty which I know isn't exactly crazy, but should at least see some OK crap. I was getting better on normal at launch and way better on hard yesterday.

They did but nothing as bad as you’re describing. I’m grinding Wall Street trying to get Bullet King and get about 5-10 yellows and a bunch of purple.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Folks it turns out a 5000% damage DOT while you reload is super loving good and cool.

Pestilence is real fun to go with Strikers (especially against heavies/tanks) and I'm clearing CP4s by myself.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Cyrano4747 posted:

theoretically the changes should have been just the DZ, I thought? But there's going to be a lot of tuning done, I'm sure. Maybe some year australians will get to play this game but not today

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Finally hit level 40 and knocked off all the main missions.

Faye became the gosh darn Joker!! lol, what a stupid twist.

Now I need to start farming stuff again. Incidentally- skill mods seem insanely loving weak unless I'm missing something. I guess they didn't want to just remove them totally?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

FAUXTON posted:

you can interact with nearly every dog in the game, you just can only pet one.

On the subject of animals...

Benitez said the pet hospital sent a bunch of cats to Haven. Well I went back and I could only find ONE cat. I expected more! :mad:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Snuffman posted:

On the subject of animals...

Benitez said the pet hospital sent a bunch of cats to Haven. Well I went back and I could only find ONE cat. I expected more! :mad:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Suport are troupes.
:911:

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Deakul posted:

Suport are troupes.

Ok how do I make my dude have one arm

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Deakul posted:

Suport are troupes.

:patriot:

:f5: F :f5h::cry:

Morter fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 7, 2020

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

:laffo:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Also on SHD Tech points - you get a point when doing the post-40/main story leveling bit. This lets you skip a lot of the caches in DC and still buy everything.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Just lol if you didn’t collect everything you possibly could.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I've been playing through the expansion and it's so nice to not have a bunch of black tusk spam.

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
How exactly do i overcharge my skills?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Post poste posted:

How exactly do i overcharge my skills?

It’s a talent on either weapons or armor I believe.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
The Glory Daze is a named AR with 100% stability and -35% optimal range. Next week everyone can get it, since it's an early reward from season ranks. Do recommend.

https://i.imgur.com/HZLhR5V.mp4

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 7, 2020

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Speaking of named guns, I found an AR called "Honey Badger." It seems like it should be a named weapon but isn't marked as such, doesn't have a perfect talent, doesn't have a god-rolled and/or otherwise impossible for the type stat. It just seems to be a normal AR with a strange name, as if it could have been a FAMAS or whatever. My best guess is it's supposed to be a named AR with some kind of perfect Sadist talent (which is the talent mine has) but they hosed up the implementation. Anyone know what's up with that?

My other theory is that if I equip it and the "Zero Fs" chest armor I'll get an achievement or something

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Apologies if this has been asked recently, but this thread moves pretty quickly: If I just hit level 30, should I progress through all the World Tiers before I jump to NY? Or should I just go to NY since I can come back after I'm done there. I've unlocked specializations (any recommendations there? does it matter?) and Black Tusk dudes have hit DC, so I'm wondering how much there is for me to miss here.

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Man I am having fun being in NYC again. Just taking my time going through the DLC story and exploring — but the one thing driving me up the loving wall is the game has decided that it REALLY wants me to play with shotguns. Like 75% of my weapon drops since I started the expansion have been shotguns. I like range too much to be a shotgun boy.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Digital Osmosis posted:

Speaking of named guns, I found an AR called "Honey Badger." It seems like it should be a named weapon but isn't marked as such, doesn't have a perfect talent, doesn't have a god-rolled and/or otherwise impossible for the type stat. It just seems to be a normal AR with a strange name, as if it could have been a FAMAS or whatever. My best guess is it's supposed to be a named AR with some kind of perfect Sadist talent (which is the talent mine has) but they hosed up the implementation. Anyone know what's up with that?

No, it's just a new assault rifle added with Episode 3. They added a couple other new guns that patch too (G28, UIC Mark II or whatever) and they're all just high ends. The named version of the Honey Badger is called Savage Wolverine. Its talent is perfect close & personal and it gets some astonishing damage numbers when you get that to go off.

you get the blueprint from leveling Firewall, I think.

On the subject of named weapons though I just got a Bakers Dozen (perfect lucky shot M1A) and uhhhhhhhh ... yes? Yes????

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Digital Osmosis posted:

My other theory is that if I equip it and the "Zero Fs" chest armor I'll get an achievement or something

Sorry to disappoint...

quote:

The AAC Honey Badger PDW is an integrally suppressed personal defence weapon based on the AR-15. It is chambered in .300 AAC Blackout and produced by Advanced Armament Corporation (AAC), a subsidiary of Remington Outdoor Company. The weapon is named after the honey badger.

It's just a weapon.

Mehrunes
Aug 4, 2004
Fun Shoe
Is the original endgame content worth going through? Is any of it upgraded for the expansion, or are they planning to do so?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Apologies if this has been asked recently, but this thread moves pretty quickly: If I just hit level 30, should I progress through all the World Tiers before I jump to NY? Or should I just go to NY since I can come back after I'm done there. I've unlocked specializations (any recommendations there? does it matter?) and Black Tusk dudes have hit DC, so I'm wondering how much there is for me to miss here.

Nah, the 30-40 cap overrides the tiers now I believe. Just head to NYC.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Interesting tip from Reddit..

PSA: Kill Lieutenants first to decrease the health of other enemies

When groups of enemies spawn, some of them will sometimes be lieutenants who give a health buff to those around them.

You can tell there is a lieutenant around because all of the other enemies will have an extra green health bar. Lieutenants have a double chevron icon and are typically gold or purple. By killing them, it will reduce the health of the other enemies receiving their buff.

Knowing this and exploiting it will make a dramatic difference in your time to kill on groups

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Mehrunes posted:

Is the original endgame content worth going through? Is any of it upgraded for the expansion, or are they planning to do so?

yeah, I think so. You can do all the DC missions at level 40 but I don't know if they require a story clear first or not (most likely they do require one)

but there's no rush if you want to just go to NYC instead, it'll still be there whenever you want to