Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Gamers still think jokes about the Xbox being big are funny how that helps with your relevancy calculations
https://twitter.com/Moosopp/status/1236067518525001728?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
how's this:

more like the X-tra Large Box!!!!!!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

ahegao to the polls

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I have like one or two hours left of AI: Somnium Files left and I'll do a longer write-up about the game when I finish it but I REALLY think my enjoyment of the game was bolstered by the coincidental order I did the routes in. I talked to my friend about it after hitting the end if a route and he asked if it was the spoiler route and I said yeah I think so, then described which one it was and he said "lmao no thats not it." I felt like the game was doing an absolutely perfect job of drip-feeding you info and then I hit the last of the routes before the endgame and it just outright tells you everything and I think if I'd played that one first I would have not liked it very much at all.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

SeXReX posted:

Gamers still think jokes about the Xbox being big are funny how that helps with your relevancy calculations
https://twitter.com/Moosopp/status/1236067518525001728?s=19

lol it is really big hahahaha

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't know how he has such a huge follower count decades after he was last relevant but that's dangerous poo poo

White Guy Who Tells It Like It Is has lots of followers on Internet full of shitheads, how curious! ;)

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Its not even big it's like a slightly taller vcr.

Pretty sure I could fit an entire Xbox in the empty room in my computer case, probably a 360 too if I got creative with cooling

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm pretty sure I know what the hot new Isabelle fashion statement is going to be

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

everyone loves the gamecube handle but the xbox was p portable as well

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

al-azad
May 28, 2009

drat japan loving loves Brer Rabbit

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

I have like one or two hours left of AI: Somnium Files left and I'll do a longer write-up about the game when I finish it but I REALLY think my enjoyment of the game was bolstered by the coincidental order I did the routes in. I talked to my friend about it after hitting the end if a route and he asked if it was the spoiler route and I said yeah I think so, then described which one it was and he said "lmao no thats not it." I felt like the game was doing an absolutely perfect job of drip-feeding you info and then I hit the last of the routes before the endgame and it just outright tells you everything and I think if I'd played that one first I would have not liked it very much at all.

Are you talking about the boss’ tell all or the believe me route because the former is locked and is the penultimate route.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The GameCube handle doesn't properly distribute the stress of supporting the consoles weight across the entire frame it could have been much better.

The coming solution on a GameCube is buck wild though

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

al-azad posted:

drat japan loving loves Brer Rabbit

Are you talking about the boss’ tell all or the believe me route because the former is locked and is the penultimate route.

Not even that, the leadup to the final route that doesn't require a lock where the game tells you all about Alice.

e: I'm doing the bosses tell all now

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Speaking of Doom, bit of a long read, but have a look at forced labour and the video game companies profiting from it

3 primary articles you should read
- Australian Strategic Policy Institute - Uyghurs for sale
- BBC - China Uighurs 'moved into factory forced labour' for foreign brands
- ExtremeTech: China Sells Minorities Into ‘Forced Labor’ to Benefit Apple, Foxconn, Others

The tl;dr, which does the articles a disservice, is basically the vast majority of electronic companies are profiting from forced labour of Uyghur workers.
It essentially implicates Microsoft, Nintendo, and Sony as either witting or unwitting participants in slavery, which is a lovely sobering thought for your Friday/Saturday.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I have no strong feelings about the Amnesia games, but I came to strongly dislike the hardcore contingent who insisted that the only possible way for a horror game to actually be scary and "count" as horror was to follow its design cues. IE, if the protagonist can hold a gun and/or you can look at the monsters without the screen becoming an ugly vaseline-smeared mess then it's bad and not scary and probably for normies.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Not even that, the leadup to the final route that doesn't require a lock where the game tells you all about Alice.

Pretty sure that's locked behind either the Mizuki or Ota ending

e: with the path I took, that route had two or three (I forget exactly) separate locks in it

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

SeXReX posted:

The GameCube handle doesn't properly distribute the stress of supporting the consoles weight across the entire frame it could have been much better.

The coming solution on a GameCube is buck wild though

As intended, you have to fill the expansion port on the bottom with weed, then it will balance out perfectly.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

That’s actually a lock because I did that route first and it ends with cancer reveal. Unlocking it opens Alice exposition then locks again until you finish boss.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

everyone loves the gamecube handle but the xbox was p portable as well

lmfao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it's like I'm looking at this bottle of hot sauce and thinking "how hot could it be?"

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

precision posted:

it's like I'm looking at this bottle of hot sauce and thinking "how hot could it be?"

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

Pretty sure that's locked behind either the Mizuki or Ota ending

e: with the path I took, that route had two or three (I forget exactly) separate locks in it

al-azad posted:

That’s actually a lock because I did that route first and it ends with cancer reveal. Unlocking it opens Alice exposition then locks again until you finish boss.

Ohhhhhh okay, makes sense. The game just never even acted like there was a lock because I'd already hit the requirements. I wonder if any other routes worked that way or if it's just two. Did I just coincidentally do them in an order where I bypassed several locks?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Doom Slayer says rip and tear workers rights

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the doom slayer is clearly on the side of proletariat

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Maybe India will have an anime girl put a shirt on so Gamers will pretend to care about the government approved ethnic cleansing mobs too

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

genocide is, in this gamers opinion, fairly loving fail

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

All the cool warcrimes require at least a 10 killstreak

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Winners don’t do genocide

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

Winners don’t do genocide
well, now that depends on how you define winner, historically speaking

May 8, 2006

generally it's defined as whoever has the chicken dinner

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

theres very little consensus among the academic community on what kind of dinner is required to be a winner

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

theres very little consensus among the academic community on what kind of dinner is required to be a winner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFIXAvOQBMc

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I wish GDQ did more stuff like Mega Man races and less 7 hour RPG :airquote: speedruns :airquote:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

season 3 of castlevania was absolutely bonkers i loved it

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

precision posted:

I wish GDQ did more stuff like Mega Man races and less 7 hour RPG :airquote: speedruns :airquote:

i want the opposite of this

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The fact that gdq has yet to show off the TAS that plays mmx1-3 with the same inputs is awful and needs to be fixed

That, however, is all the mega Man it needs I don't want 6 games that are exactly the same back to back unless they're at a time of day I want to be asleep

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

sharrrk posted:

i want the opposite of this

in fact give me games done slow

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

in fact give me games done slow

Oh is your mom not streaming anymore
Haha

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Holy lmao
https://twitter.com/beackupburner/status/1235781356636065792?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

Oh is your mom not streaming anymore
Haha

my mom's favorite game is twilight princess and super mario galaxy, she was very much a wii gamer.

she's very bad at video games though.