Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Zil posted:

Maybe wrong thread, but what makes them beautiful in his mind?

Everything is always great and tremendous and beautiful unless it’s the worst and terrible, in which case Obama is also responsible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

err posted:

Are there any unbiased reports coming out of China? This thread either posts Falun Gong or CCP state media.

Give me WESTERN reporting.

you just said you didn't want Falun Gong sources

Also Bloomberg said he respects the CCP so they count as Western now

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Ross DaouThot posted:

does anyone have a link to that tweet where the guys psychiatrist says he deflects with irony and he goes lol this is awesome

https://mobile.twitter.com/Papapishu/status/746803108949409793

Willias
Sep 3, 2008

err posted:

Are there any unbiased reports coming out of China? This thread either posts Falun Gong or CCP state media.

Western reporting is busy just trying to keep up with the spread of this thing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zil posted:

they look like mcribs in their boxes all lined up

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

err posted:

No. Your best bet is to split the difference between the sources.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

hallebarrysoetoro posted:

factory machinery just doesn't run on its own without maintenance, and even if everything runs fine on its own not having any load (i.e. work being done) on the circuits would be pretty obvious. like imagine if you go on vacation and you leave a couple lights on, your meter is going to read much lower than if you were actually there and living out of your house

like it may be what someone in china did, but it's so exceedingly stupid and short sighted it sounds like an american came up with the story or there's someone in china that had brain damage from the coronavirus and it made them as dumb as an american

So the videos of Chinese factories running their machines to get their raw Kilowatt usage up to use as a metric are wrong because the kilowatts would somehow be different if the machines were performing their designed functions instead of being powered on and moving partial cycles and this is all an american plot?

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

as a marxist-leninist I'd prefer to just take away their vote if that's the only way they have of enforcing bigoted beliefs. hoping millions die just to swing an election to a slightly less racist, imperialist party seems hosed up

Its such an American way of thinking to conflate pointing something out with desiring or working towards it . The deaths are coming whether I like it or not. Hopefully a good political result will come from it. Given the demographics it seems likely.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Seattle peeps- when do we begin the plague orgies?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Atrocious Joe posted:

you just said you didn't want Falun Gong sources

:discourse:

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mistle posted:

Gotta be one of the star trek stars currently on the plague ship cruise.

Who that? Brief Google search wasn't helpful

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

err posted:

there is no unbiased reporting in existence, anywhere, on any topic

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm down here in Olympia barricaded in. Need to go to work on Monday though.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

BULBASAUR posted:

whenever you want. :wink:

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

"just turn machines on to use electricity" is a really american understanding of how "machines" and electricity usage work fyi

Machine on electricity number goes up what's not to understand

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

BULBASAUR posted:

You didn't get the invite already?

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

BULBASAUR posted:

the darkest goon meet

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
Coronavirus has come to save us from gerrymandering... It was foretold.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Squizzle posted:

the darkest goon meet

:corona: :gooncamp:

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

Eat This Glob posted:

whoops, wrong tweet last post, but it adds context to the one I wanted to embed

https://twitter.com/ColeMillerTV/status/1236109907155271680?s=20

wait did i miss the part where we're doing plague motels already

did they run out of hospital beds this fast or

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Eat This Glob posted:

whoops, wrong tweet last post, but it adds context to the one I wanted to embed

https://twitter.com/ColeMillerTV/status/1236109907155271680?s=20

we've got this under control, i say, as i paint dozens of little skull and crossbones all over the econolodge

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

net work error posted:

Machine on electricity number goes up what's not to understand

(I don't think that poster actually understands machinery FYI)

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

like it may be what someone in china did, but it's so exceedingly stupid and short sighted it sounds like an american came up with the story or there's someone in china that had brain damage from the coronavirus and it made them as dumb as an american
Earlier this week the Party officials in a provincial village mixed up effervescent disinfectant pills and forced residents to drink it.

e: I looked for the cite I published earlier this week and can't find it; search is pretty clogged up on the keywords "china" "coronavirus" "disinfectant", oddly.

Arsenic Lupin fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 7, 2020

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

also like some people in the replies are asking, why not just turn the loving sign off lol

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

factory machinery just doesn't run on its own without maintenance, and even if everything runs fine on its own not having any load (i.e. work being done) on the circuits would be pretty obvious. like imagine if you go on vacation and you leave a couple lights on, your meter is going to read much lower than if you were actually there and living out of your house

Thats usually not how usage is calculated. Whatever remote sensor setup they are using would just show the people at the utility kwh for the building. If its less than what's normal at full production that can be attributed to the factory being at partial capacity. Anyone monitoring the system would not be able to tell whether the electricity is being used for actual work.

Well iet me rephrase. You could look at past usage and figure out what spikes are normal and when, so flat usage looks suspicious, if anyone is looking for it.

WorldsStongestNerd fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 7, 2020

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

pancake rabbit posted:

wait did i miss the part where we're doing plague motels already

did they run out of hospital beds this fast or

Negative pressure rooms in hospitals are at a premium. If somebody is sick but not suuuper sick, the risk of them spreading it to someone without The Coof is too great.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Its such an American way of thinking to conflate pointing something out with desiring or working towards it . The deaths are coming whether I like it or not. Hopefully a good political result will come from it. Given the demographics it seems likely.

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

If we are lucky, and i mean if we are REAL lucky, then 10-20% of people over 65 remaining will die, year after year, for a couple of years until herd immunity is fully established or a vaccine is developed. The electoral and political changes that would result would have a tremendous slowing or reversal effect on America's slide into open capital N nazi style fascism.

Just admit you lust for elderly death. I can respect that, but honestly desiring the decimation of a demographic group isn't much of an escape from fascism. If it was the decimation of a group that was an oppressing class, I'd be down, but old people as a whole are much more diverse of a cohort than that.

Atrocious Joe fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 7, 2020

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Squizzle posted:

the darkest goon meat

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
My dad gave the max amount to Bernie and if he dies of corona I'm going to be pissed.

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

Rectal Death Adept posted:

So the videos of Chinese factories running their machines to get their raw Kilowatt usage up to use as a metric are wrong because the kilowatts would somehow be different if the machines were performing their designed functions instead of being powered on and moving partial cycles and this is all an american plot?

yeah, i mean i know china lies about everything but typically speaking to do more work you need more energy, like if you just sit in your car and let it idle it'll run for a day or two or whatever, but if you drive at 30mph you'll run out of gas sooner

if beijing knows what wuhan was using before the virus, and what they're using after is insanely low, why even bother with this exercise? it's this extremely convoluted system to lie about something when china can just say "operating as normal!"

and in the end, what are those idle machines actually doing? isn't something going to be expected in the form of output or is buying a week or two of "everything is back to normal!" all that matters? and if things are that dire that china needs to put on this extravagant theater to buy a week or two of good press, nothing matters and the world is loving done

like i'm too lazy to find a single day study but here's a 30 day study, and just idling a bunch of poo poo the readings across all the legs isn't going to look normal at all for demand

hallebarrysoetoro fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 7, 2020

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Zil posted:

trump

Pie Colony
Dec 8, 2006
I AM SUCH A FUCKUP THAT I CAN'T EVEN POST IN AN E/N THREAD I STARTED
honestly... and this may be an unpopular opinion... but gently caress coronavirus

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Deputy PM of Vietnam after being informed there is a new case in Hanoi. Last case was 23 days ago and they thought they had beat it, but a wealthy vietnamese girl lied at the border about having been in Italy and then went to a bunch of clubs.

https://twitter.com/douzmanian/status/1235683558355636225

https://twitter.com/YesJulz/status/1235679121285529601

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

pancake rabbit posted:

also like some people in the replies are asking, why not just turn the loving sign off lol

Many of those signs in the US are lit up 24/7 and probably don't have off switches

A Rite Aid closed near me and a new one was built across the street - the old sign was painted white but still glowed every night for a good 5 years

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Atrocious Joe posted:

Just admit you lust for elderly death. I can respect that, but honestly desiring the decimation of a demographic group isn't much of an escape from fascism. If it was the decimation of a group that was an oppressing class, I'd be down, but old people as a whole are much more diverse of a cohort than that.

Look buddy, if I could make it so only old people with bad politics died I would, but they didn't consult me before they released this thing.

However you are right that I must be more lustful for elderly death than I thought. Having your country and environment destroyed by them will do that to you.

My parents and grandparents are already dead so perhaps Im being callous.

Bund
Mar 2, 2007

you are getting very hungry

if beijing knows what wuhan was using before the virus, and what they're using after is insanely low, why even bother with this exercise? it's this extremely convoluted system to lie about something when china can just say "operating as normal!"

They're not doing this to lie to the politburo. They're doing this to lie to US. It is not possible for the CCP to prevent the West from gauging many of the things represented in these charts. As soon as they started getting widespread traction in the West to show they were completely lying about the "open for business" story line, the quotas were issued. Space-based analysis of things like NO2 emissions match this data as well.

https://www.capitaleconomics.com/the-economic-effects-of-the-coronavirus/

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

zoux’s voice, in the distance]: prove it

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Zil posted:

He would touch one without asking.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Zil posted:

Multiple worldwide agencies had a working test and offered it to us, some groups in the US developed their own tests and the CDC rolled out a completely useless test and Trump's administration was directly responsible for us being so behind on testing in part because of our broken test.

Trump is saying the CDC test is perfect even though everyone including the CDC acknowledges it was hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Bund posted:

They're not doing this to lie to the politburo. They're doing this to lie to US. It is not possible for the CCP to prevent the West from gauging many of the things represented in these charts. As soon as they started getting widespread traction in the West to show they were completely lying about the "open for business" story line, the quotas were issued. Space-based analysis of things like NO2 emissions match this data as well.

https://www.capitaleconomics.com/the-economic-effects-of-the-coronavirus/

Who has a link to the livestream of the shipping dock in Seattle that was (still is?) completely empty