Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

holy poo poo, is this actually going to be good??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
ff7 ftw

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

FINAL FANTASY FOR THE MOTHERFUCKIN WIN FOLKS

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The demo owned

elf help book posted:

:hai:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Promising demo. I like how the combat is like a more readable version of 15's.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Never beat or really put much effort into FF7, but the remake looks fully sick.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bongo Bill posted:

Promising demo. I like how the combat is like a more readable version of 15's.

It definitely feels like a more responsive version of 15's combat. I was surprised how intense the Guard Scorpion fight was

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I like that the combat mixes FFXV’s real-time system and the traditional menu-based system but in a way that really captures the best of both. Neither one seems like a half-rear end compromise like most games that try to mix the two. I’m excited for the full game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cloud playing like a pseudo-Dante and being able to queue moves up and swap to another character to do your own actions all feels so good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

is there anything in the ui that tells me when i can use a X button action again. i couldnt tell if it was a cool down, or an animation thing?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

is there anything in the ui that tells me when i can use a X button action again. i couldnt tell if it was a cool down, or an animation thing?

X button actions cost a certain number of segments on the ATB gauge, if you're out you can't use them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

ahh i didnt realize, i thought just the special moves cost atb, thank you

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sometimes you need to be using two potions

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

ahh i didnt realize, i thought just the special moves cost atb, thank you

Yeah even items and spells cost ATB... it's an interesting system and I like that it encourages you to be aggressive

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

yea its aggressive enough i kept thinking i needed to roll in and out or something like that i should play more kingdom hearts

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
not gonna play the demo but i loved 15s combat so this is great to hear

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Nutmeg posted:

not gonna play the demo but i loved 15s combat so this is great to hear

its like 15 but actually made from the ground up for multiple character usage and not a weird thing they patched in

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah even items and spells cost ATB... it's an interesting system and I like that it encourages you to be aggressive

and since ATB builds slower on the characters you're not directly controlling you have an incentive to switch between party members as well.

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
wish there was a pc version coming out at the same time, probably a year or so before that happens

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Famous TV Dad posted:

and since ATB builds slower on the characters you're not directly controlling you have an incentive to switch between party members as well.

I like that people are all gonna have triangle modes too with extra gimmicks. This game is gonna own top to bottom

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The summon animations are gonna be insane

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

elf help book posted:

its like 15 but actually made from the ground up for multiple character usage and not a weird thing they patched in

i never played post-launch-month 15 really, but not controlling your team directly is what killed it for me, same with KH. so loving pumped for late game with this poo poo.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

In Training posted:

The summon animations are gonna be insane

I think summons work by adding an extra character to the fight.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

really looking forward to trying this out tomorrow night. anything i shoudl know, or can i just dive in cold?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bicyclops posted:

really looking forward to trying this out tomorrow night. anything i shoudl know, or can i just dive in cold?

Attack while it’s tail is up! It’s gonna counterattack with its laser!

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

There's a fair amount of permanently missable materia, and you have to decide for yourself how much you're going to care about that.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
lol at the thought of permanently missing something in my save file that I'm unable to complete for another 3 years

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

i guess I was looking for stuff more like "if you wear the Gwent donkey ears, there's a hidden joke" but I will accept advice as to how to.cheat Don Tonberry out of 50 million experience in the year my son graduates from college

Famous TV Dad
Nov 1, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

lol

i guess I was looking for stuff more like "if you wear the Gwent donkey ears, there's a hidden joke" but I will accept advice as to how to.cheat Don Tonberry out of 50 million experience in the year my son graduates from college

As soon as you can access the option menu change the camera distance options from 1 to 3. by default it’s way too close. otherwise enjoy, gamer.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

only at the opening movie, but i'm kind of hype.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

only at the opening movie, but i'm kind of hype.

Aerith looks amazing

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol @ the extremely Jonah Hill energy from Wedge. this kinda owns. i hope the full game is this good.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Is wedge voice badger from breaking bad?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

yeah, lol.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's really really good

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Lmao awesome

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

there's something really bizarre about pulling a game from 1996 out of a time capsule and just recreating it with 2020 technology. all the characters have the quasi-celebrity voice acting talent version of the cartoon voices my brothers and i gave them when we first played it together and the script is translated better and a little fleshed out but otherwise completely unchanged from it's 25 year old sensibilities. it's like watching someone optioning a Marvel budget movie out of some sketches from your 10th grade math notebook and a performance from your high school improv troupe. they should do this to more games.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its really funny they kept exactly where they ask your name and in the original the keyboard woulda popped up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Aerith looks amazing

she looks so good it wraps around into looking like a video game recreation of a cosplayer of Aerith