Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

whypick1 posted:

Path of Exile: Delirium? drat Near Killed Him

Torchlight and Titanquest's Grim Diablo Adventure

e: wolcen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

My god I’m tempted to do pathfinder scourge arrow again and get frustrated when it can’t stay alive

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
I love the skitterbot curse aura ring. It's thematically consistent, interacts with an already fun and different skill, and has those resists in there to not rob SSF builds. Not something to build around, but I'd take it for a ride.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

If you are not hitting yourself it is one way to get curses up

Murder Noveau
Jul 25, 2007
Maybe death is a gift.
Path of Exile: Delirium - A Nightmare on Oriath Street

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Path of Exile: Delirium - Wolcen 2 waiting room

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
Path of Exile: Delirium - Scarecrow ain't got nothing on this

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Path of Exile: Delirium - We can't stop here. This is map country

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Cynic Jester posted:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think we have a winner

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Path of Exile: Delirium - The Wolcen Killer

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009

Cynic Jester posted:

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

New wander gimmick idea - Catslinger. Some sort of chaos setup with a spellslinger cat soulrend mtx - throw cats out of your wand. It... might even work?

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Cynic Jester posted:

I'll pm VideoGames to do it.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Path of Exile - Delirium You can't cut map sustain You will regret this!

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Path of Exile: Delirium - The Wolcen Killer

Path of Exile: Delirium - Wolcen in the membrane

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Probably either going wand elementalist with the slinger mod or arc totem heiro with the arch mage setup and the extra lightning goodies

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Cynic Jester posted:

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
Right now I'm looking to start out as a brand hierophant, although patch notes/gem info might change that.
One setup I'm pretty excited to try is wave of conviction with archmage/arcane surge/inc duration. With enough mana you should be able trigger a lv20 surge + exposure for ~6,5 seconds, which is long enough to not feel like a chore vs. bosses.

I also wonder how much Kalisa's Grace will be this league. They've been a <1c item for the longest time but their synergy with archmage support seem really strong.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.

Cynic Jester posted:

yeah this

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Path of Exile: Covid Quarantine Delerium

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Cynic Jester posted:

yes

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cynic Jester posted:

Amazing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Path of Exile: Purple Haze

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq59MO40gGY

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

I really like that new ring for a tri-curse occultist cold dot build.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Path of Exile: Wrap it up wolcels

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

On Vaal Double strike impale characters, what percentage chance to bleed to you aim for to make efficient use of double strikes added damage on bleeding enemies ?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
The desire to start with a coc assassin is building

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Osci posted:

Right now I'm looking to start out as a brand hierophant, although patch notes/gem info might change that.
One setup I'm pretty excited to try is wave of conviction with archmage/arcane surge/inc duration. With enough mana you should be able trigger a lv20 surge + exposure for ~6,5 seconds, which is long enough to not feel like a chore vs. bosses.

I also wonder how much Kalisa's Grace will be this league. They've been a <1c item for the longest time but their synergy with archmage support seem really strong.

Brand Hiero looks pretty good to me, even though the Brand node is still kinda lacking.

I'm very close to league starting as Hiero and I've only played templar literally once before and that was in Incursion, thats how strong Hiero looks.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

euphronius posted:

On Vaal Double strike impale characters, what percentage chance to bleed to you aim for to make efficient use of double strikes added damage on bleeding enemies ?

The gem has 25% which is probably fine. You don't really need the bonus damage for clear and odds are you will get a bleed within half a second vs bosses.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamentable dustman posted:

The gem has 25% which is probably fine. You don't really need the bonus damage for clear and odds are you will get a bleed within half a second vs bosses.

That makes sense

Thank you

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
Brand heiro slaps. I played it when it first came out and it was a ton of fun. It was a bit spotty for me in early maps, but I think that was because I was a dumb babby Exile with a hosed up tree when I ran it.

E: is Armageddon Brand still pointless?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I'm excited to check out VDS again this league, first time doing impale shennanigans. I found a lvl 100 on poe.ninja and i could use some help converting the tree from level 100 to level 90. Presumably i could get away with less life (217% on tree) and maybe a jewel socket or two.

Any suggestions?

https://pastebin.com/VWiLBWjP

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Cynic Jester posted:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Lechtansi posted:

I'm excited to check out VDS again this league, first time doing impale shennanigans. I found a lvl 100 on poe.ninja and i could use some help converting the tree from level 100 to level 90. Presumably i could get away with less life (217% on tree) and maybe a jewel socket or two.

Any suggestions?

https://pastebin.com/VWiLBWjP

Low hanging fruit appear to be the nodes between Warrior's Blood and Marauder start, the other nodes in the Constitution wheel (keep Constitution) and that one dangling point off of Juggernaut.

Alternately keep the Constitution nodes and drop two jewels, but probably not worth it depending on the jewels you get.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

... Is there a multistrike equivalent for wand attacks, and if so would it work with Spellslinger? (assuming the cooldown on triggering spells that way is low enough, anyway)

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Barrage support but it wouldn't proc additional spells.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

drat

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
What are you guys thinking in terms of wand skills and spellslinger supports?

I spent like two days trying to figure out if a 100% fire conversion power siphon Chieftain for ignites and flame surge for damage to ignites...but I don't think I'm good enough at this game to make it make any sense.

Any combo ideas you've got a-brewing? Or do we need to wait for patch notes.

I swear a solid 62% of the fun of this game is just theorycrafting on my lunch break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
I don't have anything concrete, but my initial thoughts were shooting for spells with > 100% added damage effectiveness, to make the most out of the wands added damage.

Then next thought is maybe phys based to make use of all the x% phys as extra elemental options. Iniquisitor or elementalist.

Hard to really theory craft without seeing the gem in all it's glory though, just thoughts on what to try.

Edit: I wonder if the mods from Corona Solaris will work when using spellsligner. Probably attacks only, but would be nice if it did.

rawk cawk fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Mar 7, 2020