Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

RockyB posted:

But surely in order to avoid disenfranchising voters who do not have easy access to the internet (such as Roma, the homeless who somehow afford a Labour subscription), this would require some sort of nationalised broadband that is free at the point of use...

Ah.

E: Super Cut: All voting should be done via Tik Tok reaction videos.

To be fair I wasn't thinking it through (something I always accuse tory supporters of not doing), I was having a tantrum because I'm annoyed about this residents' committee thing.

Hah - how apt, page snipe 28:

28 Days Later
After a mysterious virus wreaks havoc in the United Kingdom, a team of survivors tries to cope with the aftermath of the disaster and find security.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Politics is the pure expression of the id.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

After a mysterious virus wreaks havoc in the United Kingdom, a team of survivors tries to cope with the aftermath of the disaster and find security.

Oh come on, you can't post on page 28 without linking to the London In Two Weeks Time video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANoJmwqdisM

Thankfully I am now working a few miles out from London bridge, and I am no longer concerned about hacking up phlegm as I slowly suffocate to death from infected lungs Narwhal tusk wielding vigilantes.

In general though yeah, I'd stay right away from anything involving housing associations. It's one of the few things I can think of that are worse than local politics.

E: I've been looking for an excuse to post this so

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqoUDGJ4g2A A good song.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/markdistef/status/1236080482854539266?s=21

Speaking as someone who's had a small amount of experience in the publishing industry, that is a lot of people willing to publicly call out their employer under their own names.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

It's still got a bunch of people in the replies going "but that means four fifths of the workforce agreed with the article, proving that most people agree with me". That'll teach me to read the replies, I should have expected (also: why do people keep replying to things with the exact same comment a bunch of other people made? Do they suppose it's somehow necessary to hear "that means 80% didn't sign the letter" from them specifically?)

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

Might be someone else, I thought council culture was you.

It is, and I definitely don't follow that account, but I did reply to Alice RTing one of their posts.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I have a question: why do people keep replying to things with the exact same comment a bunch of other people made? Do they suppose it's somehow necessary to hear "that means 80% didn't sign the letter" from them specifically?

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

After the recent announcement of Baldur's Gate 3, there's a hashtag that got my hopes up for a moment.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

thespaceinvader posted:

As I noted upthread or possibly last month, it's probably because there's postal voting for the luddites. It takes time.

that explains the the month from now to the result, but not the 3 months up till now.
really the party is bad at organising stuff

shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to campaigning for the locals in May

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Darth Walrus posted:

Speaking as someone who's had a small amount of experience in the publishing industry, that is a lot of people willing to publicly call out their employer under their own names.

There is a 100% chance she doubles down because she has already criticised guardian employees for calling out coworkers

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I actually am running low on toilet paper and I'm worried there won't be any left at the shops now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/ScotCuthbertson/status/1235847991442857990?s=19

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/BBCPolitics/status/1235974617178742784?s=19

Prince John
Jun 20, 2006

Oh, poppycock! Female bandits?

Jose posted:

<snip>

https://twitter.com/IanLaveryMP/status/1236029649362317312

Feeling quite glad I left her off my ballot paper completely.

Prince John fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 7, 2020

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Prince John posted:

Feeling quite glad I left her off my ballot paper completely.

Yeah I left her off for the whole "turning a big dial taht says "Racism" on it and constantly looking back at the audience for approval like a contestant on the price is right" thing, looks like I was right for other reasons too.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Yeah I struggled with putting her or Starmer 2nd but everything she said afterwards made me glad I picked Starmer 2

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

RockyB posted:

Thankfully I am now working a few miles out from London bridge, and I am no longer concerned about hacking up phlegm as I slowly suffocate to death from infected lungs Narwhal tusk wielding vigilantes.

To ensure balance in the Force, I now work on Lower Thames Street. London Bridge is 5 minutes' walk west of me and I can see Tower Bridge out the office window.

You may thank me while killing me as I shamble towards you mumbling about brains in a few weeks' time.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Cerv posted:

shooting themselves in the foot when it comes to campaigning for the locals in May
the continued effects of Corbynism and leftist entryism will have been damaging local election results, and we cannot allow the left's influence to continue

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Pistol_Pete posted:

I actually am running low on toilet paper and I'm worried there won't be any left at the shops now.

Probably TMI but save the bog roll for No. 2 and buy some cheap flannels or similar (29p each in Home Bargains) to wash and dry yourself after No. 1 and make sure you wash them thoroughly (the flannels).

I SO miss my shattaf (bum gun). Haven't been able to rig one up in my new flat yet due to the cramped nature of the pipework.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

order toilet roll on amazon its already cheaper than in the supermarket

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Never have I been so glad that I did a Costco run recently and stocked up on toilet roll.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:hmmyes:

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1236234710940086273?s=20

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Pistol_Pete posted:

Someone accused me of panic buying this morning because I was getting spaghetti and toilet paper. No mate I just want to eat some pasta and then clean my dirty anus, leave me alone.

I realise things are somewhat bleak on the politics front atm, but a local (Tory) parish councillor now apparently hates me so much his response to my recent letter was to shout “I’ve had enough of bloody [Sanford]!” and bang his fist on the table, inviting a reprimand from the clerk. It’s the little things.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Sanford posted:

Someone accused me of panic buying this morning because I was getting spaghetti and toilet paper. No mate I just want to eat some pasta and then clean my dirty anus, leave me alone.

I realise things are somewhat bleak on the politics front atm, but a local (Tory) parish councillor now apparently hates me so much his response to my recent letter was to shout “I’ve had enough of bloody [Sanford]!” and bang his fist on the table, inviting a reprimand from the clerk. It’s the little things.

You should clean your bum before you got out shopping imo

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Sanford posted:

In my head he also turned bright red as he did that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I SO miss my shattaf (bum gun). Haven't been able to rig one up in my new flat yet due to the cramped nature of the pipework.
They make bidet seats that don't need any permanent wiring or plumbing now.

They're still not as good as the fitted ones, but they exist.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Karcher do a battery-operated pressure washer now. The nozzle design even looks about the right angle:

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Darth Walrus posted:

Speaking as a trans woman it's ironic to see so many guardian journalists calling out a woman on her problematic organ and it not be an unhinged genitally obsessed opinion column rant.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

I looked into those but the small fitting you do need doesn't fit in my space (it is a VERY cramped space for pipework). Really I need a new bathroom, but pennies do not allow right now.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Karcher do a battery-operated pressure washer now. The nozzle design even looks about the right angle:

What a way to die - blasting your internal organs apart in the search for a clean bum!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

What the gently caress is it with goons and bidets? Growing up the only person I knew with a bidet was the family whose dad ran and lost to be Tory councillor multiple times.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

So the press have clearly known about the pregnancy for ages and kept it under wraps imagine if they did that generally

https://twitter.com/10DowningStreet/status/1236233974009212928?s=19

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Miftan posted:

In my head he also turned bright red as he did that.

I’ve never actually met him but in my head he is bright red the entire time. My goal is to write a letter that causes him to go purple.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

forkboy84 posted:

What the gently caress is it with goons and bidets? Growing up the only person I knew with a bidet was the family whose dad ran and lost to be Tory councillor multiple times.

A shattaf is a hose thing that hangs beside the toilet OR built in to the back of a toilet. Not a separate bidet. They're very common in the Middle East and Indonesia.
And it doesn't half cut down on bog roll use!

https://shattafbidetsprayers.com/product-category/special-offers/

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
save money on both toilet rolls and bidets by just blasting your rear end with the shower head after making GBS threads

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

quote:

Efficient, but gentle low pressure
Low pressure offers the advantage of cleaning that is both efficient and extremely gentle at the same time. The standard nozzle with a flat spray enables you to watch the dirt wash away. The cone-spray nozzle is ideal for more sensitive cleaning like dog paws.
That's not quite as :staredog: as I expected, but I'd still be wary of using power tools on my rear end hole without a trained professional on standby.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I looked into those but the small fitting you do need doesn't fit in my space (it is a VERY cramped space for pipework). Really I need a new bathroom, but pennies do not allow right now.
:same:, op

forkboy84 posted:

Most bathrooms aren't big enough for a dedicated bidet, but that doesn't mean that we have to accept the Western degeneracy of smear anus with dry paper and call it clean.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

ThomasPaine posted:

save money on both toilet rolls and bidets by just blasting your rear end with the shower head after making GBS threads

Presumes that your shower will stretch to the toilet unless you plan on spraying it down the shower/bath waste pipe which would not be good.

(I tried to rig up an extra shower head to stretch to the toilet in this new flat - which is the arrangement I managed to fix up in the old flat - but it broke the shower so now I have a shower that is one of those rubber push on the bath taps things until I can afford to get it fixed properly).

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Mar 7, 2020

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

There are two good side-effects that I'm seeing come out of the current pandemic situation: more awareness of how good bidets are(god I wish I had the space in my bathroom and the money to get one installed) and the games/tech industries realising that actually, people can work from home without the entire company falling into ruin.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Also people washing their loving hands.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Guavanaut posted:

Also people washing their loving hands.

The amount of complaining about having to do that "now" is skeeving me out beyond all belief. I'm no germophobe but I'm wondering if I'll ever touch anything again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Presumes that your shower will stretch to the toilet unless you plan on spraying it down the shower/bath waste pipe which would not be good.

:effort:

They all lead to the drain