Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Look at how it's used

ninjoatse.cx fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 3, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Fojar38 posted:

Imagine how many bad people we could get rid of if there was a virus that was only cured by sucking dicks

:rip: my wife

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Nah, she'll be fine.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 3, 2020

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

BrigadierSensible posted:

Don't think that China has the monopoly on "bullshit traditional cures" stuff.

In India, an elected official has said publicly that eating cow poo poo can cure CoronaVirus, coz "Hindus good, Indian Hindus best Hindus."

https://www.deccanherald.com/nation...Ds7lUW_EoyKvMnc

Goading a bunch of religious weirdo facists into eating literal poo poo...that's....good?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Beachcomber posted:

I'm still afraid to say Uyghurs out loud, because it sounds super racist.

Uyghur Please

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrsWp07BwVk

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
Last update on my friend and his disappearing Chinese wife (and money).

-Financial adviser has helped him to secure all of his remaining funds and close the shared account.
-All remaining money that is actual money is protected.
-Lawyer has advised him on how to protect the remaining cash and keep the house and car should she fight it
-Lawyer and financial adviser managed to piece together enough forms, documents, emails, etc. to indicate that the house is 100% his, and that the wife has already taken 1/2 of their shared possessions (money). Should she come back and fight, all that she would legally be entitled to is half of the car, and whatever increased value the house gains between purchase and then.

-Fraud charges are a dead end for the reason I mentioned before (mysteriously missing recording of conversation with the company), and in order to prove fraud they would first have to get the company to admit that they hosed up, . . . not going to be worth it.

Given that there has still been no contact, I don't think there will ever be anything else to update on this topic.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
isn't admitting that the recording is missing already admitting at least one gently caress-up?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Dude clear owns a house in Toronto, he'll do absolutely fine. Sucks emotionally to go through this, but he's still wealthy compared to the average person.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Mozi posted:

isn't admitting that the recording is missing already admitting at least one gently caress-up?

I think it's admitting that there is no longer any evidence of a criminal gently caress-up, and any attempt at one would require significant time and resources.

Baronjutter posted:

Dude clear owns a house in Toronto, he'll do absolutely fine. Sucks emotionally to go through this, but he's still wealthy compared to the average person.

Yeah, that fact alone essentially makes him a 1%-er.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i'm rooting for the chinese lady

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
China created the virus to save face due to its economy slowing

Nucken Futz
Oct 30, 2010

by Reene

Blistex posted:

Marriage nightmare

I'll put a deuce on her returning once the money is all spent by the olds. The price of two black Audi's along with a Versailles makeover of their apartment should take care of most of what she pinched.
Wifey will surface as if nothing happened, realize what steps he's taken and then enact her own version of "This is Killing".

He should maybe sell the house and move elsewhere. At least then she can only bother him at his place of work.

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:

Megillah Gorilla posted:

A cult with a secret membership who still refuse to come forward to say they've been potentially exposed :doh:

Is this referring to goons

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I got arrested the last time I exposed myself, so I suspect not.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Blistex posted:

Last update on my friend and his disappearing Chinese wife (and money).

He has changed his locks and gotten a security system, right?

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
the film/book gone girl but with chinese characteristics

CIGNX
May 7, 2006

You can trust me
No Why Girl

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope

CIGNX posted:

No Why Girl

:discourse:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Taiwan. Number one?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
thinking about the people i met while in china in various times this morning for some reason. been years but i wondering what they're doing now and how everybody is doing with the quarantines. don't suppose anyone has a line on some chinese language wechats or whatever of just talking about just day to day life and how it's going?

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Jugg is somewhat clever because then you can't touch your face.

It's weird how much of the things people do seem more of a step you'd take if you already have corona virus but didn't want to quarantine yourself.

I've been hoping all of this quarantine stuff will make people realize that most people could do their jobs from home. But, so far that hasn't happened. I switched to 90% remote a year ago and it's mostly awesome.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Mar 5, 2020

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

WarpedNaba posted:

I got arrested the last time I exposed myself, so I suspect not.

What a dirty post better disinfect this thread

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Day Man posted:

Iran had the religious leader claim that you should use a cotton ball to rub some essential oil onto your rear end in a top hat to cure it.

Pence held a big prayer session about it, I’m sure the US will have plenty of alternative medicine bozos making deadly claims.

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Khorne posted:

I've been hoping all of this quarantine stuff will make people realize that most people could do their jobs from home. But, so far that hasn't happened. I switched to 90% remote a year ago and it's mostly awesome.

My company wants me to isolate myself for 14 days after my return from Seoul ('high risk' according to our H&S dept.), and are providing me with a laptop to get some work in while doing so. Which would be great, except my job isn't an office type job, and has little paperwork.

So two weeks of mindless busy work in the comfort of my own home. Not so bad, all things considered.

Except my wife returns two weeks after I do. And as she will be coming from a 'high risk' area, and I will be in immediate contact with her, I have to isolate for a further 14 days.

So including my holiday, I will be away from my actual job for six weeks. While most people would be happy at this prospect, I can only imagine the shitshow I am going to return to. :ohdear:

Thrasher
Apr 21, 2002

Thrasher posted:

I just spoke to FedEx trade networks and their container ship is set to sail March 17.. it’s loaded with cargo so, things are open and moving a bit? This is from the Shanghai port.

My product needs to be ready by March 8th to make it on this ship .. :ohdear:

Update..

So my product is finished at the factory.. but it will take FedEx till Tuesday to pick it up.. this means at worst case my cargo sails out on the next ship which leaves the port March 24th. A ship sailing every week suggests things are moving well.

I should have everything here in Canada by mid April.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

StevoMcQueen posted:

My company wants me to isolate myself for 14 days after my return from Seoul ('high risk' according to our H&S dept.), and are providing me with a laptop to get some work in while doing so. Which would be great, except my job isn't an office type job, and has little paperwork.

So two weeks of mindless busy work in the comfort of my own home. Not so bad, all things considered.

Except my wife returns two weeks after I do. And as she will be coming from a 'high risk' area, and I will be in immediate contact with her, I have to isolate for a further 14 days.

So including my holiday, I will be away from my actual job for six weeks. While most people would be happy at this prospect, I can only imagine the shitshow I am going to return to. :ohdear:

At least you got out! I just got an email that my flight's transfer country isn't letting flights from Korea in anymore.

This is especially obnoxious because I need to get a visa to enter where I'm going and it's becoming super frustrating.

I try to get out, but they just keep pulling me back in...

I also got to spend hours at the hospital today in line to be checked for corona because I told the truth that I was recently in one of the danger zones. In the end, they didn't even actually check me for anything.

I'm in Busan right now, and people here are taking the situation very seriously.
I had to go to three different hotels to find one that was actually taking guests. And when the staff showed up, he refused to approach me until I said I was from America. He then rushed me to my room and rambled on about how the virus is terrifying and it's making his head hurt.

Shadow0 fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Mar 6, 2020

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

That aged well

StevoMcQueen
Dec 29, 2007

Shadow0 posted:

At least you got out!

Nope, but I am about to :getin:

Our flight departs for Seoul on Sunday, arriving Monday, assuming nothing else goes wrong (my connecting flight was a flybe codeshare, so that was a 40 minute call mostly on hold to re-route).

As it is, the wedding we're going to is most likely gonna be cancelled, but I just want a holiday, virus hot zone or otherwise.

I seem to be really lucky when it comes to travel. Previously visited St Petersburg while Russia were having that spat with Georgia, and flew with Qatar right after the diplomatic row with it's neighbours kicked off.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

StevoMcQueen posted:

I seem to be really lucky when it comes to travel. Previously visited St Petersburg while Russia were having that spat with Georgia, and flew with Qatar right after the diplomatic row with it's neighbours kicked off.

a friend of mine was scheduled to go to saint martin right after hurricane irma flattened it, and now has tickets to visit italy at the end of the month

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Khorne posted:

Jugg is somewhat clever because then you can't touch your face.

It's weird how much of the things people do seem more of a step you'd take if you already have corona virus but didn't want to quarantine yourself.

I've been working from home since Jan and I hate it even though my whole job can basically be done that way.

Also I came back into China today and it was surprisingly no issue. I switched my transfer to be through Taiwan which is good cuz supposedly people who transferred through Korea or Japan in the past 2 weeks are getting police visits and cameras installed at their doors to make sure they don't leave lol.

Of course with how the US is going it'll probably be labeled a similarly high risk spot in the coming days and I'll be hosed anyway.

e: also Shanghai seems realtively normal atm. When I left in early feb everything was falling apart but today I got my groceries delivered 20 minutes after I ordered them and half the people i passed weren't wearing masks. Also when I left Shanghai, entering or exiting my apartment complex required multiple forms and temp checks and today I waltzed in with 2 huge suitcases. The guard asked me if I traveled, I said yah. They said "Korea or Japan or Italy?" I said No and they said whatevs welcome home.

Ailumao fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 6, 2020

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Pox my neg lunghole

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 7, 2020

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

lmao :(

bones 4 beginners
Jan 7, 2018

"...a masterpiece that no one can read too often, or admire too much."
I was just telling someone how good the MTR is for people watching.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Kharnifex posted:

Pox my neg lunghole

2020 Plague Doctor looking weak

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
TCM: Construction Edition

https://twitter.com/pdchina/status/1236298774533808128?s=21

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Well yeah that's why the party quarantined sick people there... :confused:

(I'm not making light of the fact people definitely died in that collapse but it fits totalitarian philosophy of "no man no problem".)

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 7, 2020

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm enjoying China's transition to restricting incoming travel just like they were whining about other countries doing, and the coordinated denial that COVID-19 came from China that their diplomatic corps is up to.

E: Also a shoutout to the Wuhan kids who realized if they did a one star review campaign on the homework app they were required to use while schools are closed it would get auto-removed from the app store. Well played.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
can't even be mad at that level of homework avoidance, that's amazing