Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

SardonicTyrant posted:

Anything about cats catching it? Because I'm heading to the adoption center today.

Seems like a Russian fake news

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

SardonicTyrant posted:

Anything about cats catching it? Because I'm heading to the adoption center today.

I've only heard of this single case and my internet doctorate says it's because the dog was being cuddled by a person with the virus and it's not infected but those are virus cells from the woman they swabbed off the dog.

Cats can get a type of coronavirus so it wouldn't be unheard of but I don't think it would make the jump back into animals because holy loving poo poo if it did right? I know they killed the nurse woman's pets in Spain (?) that had Ebola years ago but that's a bit different imo.

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
For anyone interested, this well sourced article that talks about the current best practices for diagnosis and treatment of severe COVID19. It's written as guidance for doctors, but most of it should be pretty understandable.

https://emcrit.org/ibcc/COVID19/

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

good morning

ricecult
Oct 2, 2012

SardonicTyrant posted:

There are cats catchin this all over the globe maaaan

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

3 ply toilet paper is good at defeating coronavirus. 2 ply works too, but with an extra ply there are more anti-coronal filaments. Remember to use at least a full roll each time you want to disinfect.

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

uh, help

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

some serious ST elevation there

facetoucher cat
Dec 20, 2013

by sebmojo

Man Musk posted:

3 ply toilet paper is good at defeating coronavirus. 2 ply works too, but with an extra ply there are more anti-coronal filaments. Remember to use at least a full roll each time you want to disinfect.

How does 3 ply equate into making the 'shine?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

The plague lead to peasant revolts, shaking the feudal nobility to the core. I’m interested to see where this goes.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

the bombing will start in 5 minutes

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

triple sulk posted:

good morning

morning

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

guess i have to agree with one of these assholes

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1236319814576214016?s=21

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Have we got an actual source on the whole Evergreen not screening thing? I see where they call it endemic on their website, but they say they're still following screening protocols.

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

this is what perfection looks like
look at that loving exponential curve
hahahahaaaaaaaaaaa

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

bemes

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/bnodesk/status/1236337756214788100?s=21

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Frosted Flake posted:

The plague lead to peasant revolts, shaking the feudal nobility to the core. I’m interested to see where this goes.

Unlike our peasant brother and sisters in the 1300s this plague will result not in higher wages but in greater investments in automation :/

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1236337756214788100
rip italy (and all of europe)

efb

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Fix posted:

Have we got an actual source on the whole Evergreen not screening thing? I see where they call it endemic on their website, but they say they're still following screening protocols.

they edited it out lol, it was definitely on the public statement page when i was verifying it earlier today

hopefully that means it was just a mistake or they changed their minds, here's an archived page proving it was there

Smug Mug
Jul 21, 2011

Dr. Horney is prohibited

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

mamma mia

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Hot Dog Day #82 posted:

Unlike our peasant brother and sisters in the 1300s this plague will result not in higher wages but in greater investments in automation :/

IIRC that plague didn't really result in higher wages either! At least not for like 50 years. Because the medieval nobility had absolutely no understanding of market forces or the idea of paying peasants higher wages. Uh, we'll just force you to work, and kill you if you try to leave?

35 years later...

When Adam delved and Eve span, who then was the gentleman?

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

ShutteredIn posted:

Beyonce had an entire floor of a hospital cleared when she was going into labor lol if you don’t think that will happen when rich people start getting this
market-based triage

kopasetic
Sep 18, 2009
a wallet biopsy will be required for admission to an icu

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

In the future, please post shit with the sole purpose of antagonizing the person running this site. Thank you.

so basically this is what we can expect this time next week in the US
:stoked:

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

whoopsie

well it's been nice knowing you guys

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1236337756214788100?s=19

:yikes:

Pohl
Jan 28, 2005

i saw that

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

im doubling to 60 lbs of rice and all the canned dad sardines i can find

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

thats still less than half the 223 deaths indicate

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1236341596695801856

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

we're gonna have the biggest most beautiful graph curves you've ever seen

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol azzuri is gonna mean cyanosis soon

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/AFP/status/1236331364770873344?s=19

drat.

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.
jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
coronavirus has mutated to attack infrastructure