Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
speedscans for wnl are on mangadex.

tsutsui confirmed taking the coward's way out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Man, gently caress WSJ sometimes.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

The Route order for WNL will be as follows: ( Uruka > Rizu > Fumino > Asumi > Mafuyu ). Basically a VN setup

I can't stop laughing. So much salt.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Mar 7, 2020

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
I dunno this is cool.

The main ending is clearly Uruka.

The Author is just getting to gently caress around and do alternative endings.

What's the big deal lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah I'm fine with this, again because the "original" ending feels kind of incomplete. It's funny seeing Uruka shippers freak out that anyone else is even getting acknowledged though

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
it's better to write a single cohesive story and ending imo, and it feels like pandering.

like i wasn't super pleased with the ending to quints but at least haruba made a choice and stuck with it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm glad there will be timelines for everyone, but I still demand justice for Sekijou.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

chumbler posted:

I'm glad there will be timelines for everyone, but I still demand justice for Sekijou.

if sekijou is with ogata in every single non-ogata ending i will accept defeat gracefully

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
The Ogata ending should be all three of them :colbert:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Grouchio posted:

For what feels like once, I completely agree with you

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I'm torn on this. Happy because Uruka felt kinda lame and I'd like it he had to at least consider the other girls and choose one (rather than going for the first to do a full confession), but I feel this ending split route stuff wont fix that at all. Instead it will probably just be someone else confessing first, showing why he confesses back, and then back to 1. Again

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Rhonne posted:

Each ending will show how everyone would have ended up being miserable if he had ended up with any of the other girls.

Uruka is the best option because she is leaving immediately after the confession. As a result, the other girls don't have to gradually fall into madness as they watch their friend dating the protagonist.

Mirage posted:

The WNL rumor is that every ending will branch off from the fireworks chapter, showing each result as if each girl was the handholding one.

Some folks are further speculating that each ending will get a full volume's worth of chapters. I think that's wishful thinking, but who knows.

In any case, Tsutsui is a crazy person and I hope it works.

There will be a long hamfisted explanation about how quantum physics and the multiverse mean that Nariyuki actually ends up with everyone.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Pewdiepie posted:

I'm glad that harem manga I never read is ending in the most unsatisfactory way possible and maybe we can never speak of it again.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

There will be a long hamfisted explanation about how quantum physics and the multiverse mean that Nariyuki actually ends up with everyone.

I can’t wait for the sequel manga We Never Learn Unlimited to come out. I heard it doesn’t really get good until then.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
We Never Learn Solid: Guns of the Study Group

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I keep seeing people saying it's like a VN but in those you usually spend like a good 50% of the game in a specific characters route, it doesn't diverge right at the end.

Even if each character gets a volume to themselves that's still kinda less effort than your average dating sim gives.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I keep seeing people saying it's like a VN but in those you usually spend like a good 50% of the game in a specific characters route, it doesn't diverge right at the end.

Even if each character gets a volume to themselves that's still kinda less effort than your average dating sim gives.

Well, let's consider the format of manga: it's serialized fiction. If they did "routes" like in a visual novel, then people would rightfully complain that the other characters got little to no development for months or years on end. I think it's a sensible comparison if you make allowances for the medium.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I suppose so. Just feels like a strange medium for this storytelling format, like by necessity it seems like you'd need to make a bunch of compromises to get it to work even half decently and probably never to the same extent it works for VNs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I'm glad both Obvious Winner Uruka and my favorite girl get their own endings.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm glad both Obvious Winner Uruka and my favorite girl get their own endings.

post of emptyness

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

We'll have to see how far back the points of divergence are; I have a feeling things could get very interesting if that point is months and months before the final exams.

For instance, what if every branching route lasted 20-30 chapters each?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I heard that the volume covers are a significant detail in this.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Grouchio posted:

The Route order for WNL will be as follows: ( Uruka > Rizu > Fumino > Asumi > Mafuyu ). Basically a VN setup

Going by visual novel logic that the last route is the "true" route, doesn't this mean that Sensei is the true route? Which means that once again Senpai has been robbed.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

JosephWongKS posted:

Going by visual novel logic that the last route is the "true" route, doesn't this mean that Sensei is the true route? Which means that once again Senpai has been robbed.

Could also be the "hidden" ending that doesn't get revealed by the game until you get all the other ones. From a marketing perspective it makes sense for Sensei as the most popular heroine by a wide margin to go last, so her fans don't just bail after her chapter.

I'm fine with this method, as it lets the readers all get what they want without bitter feelings about winning or losing. Harem romcoms aren't where you go for "artistic integrity," they're where you go for a smile and a chuckle.

But yes, Sensei is the true route, and I won't entertain any other notion.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I hope the final chapter reveals that the other routes were a dream and Uruka is the canon one.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ethiser posted:

I can’t wait for the sequel manga We Never Learn Unlimited to come out. I heard it doesn’t really get good until then.

You realize what this means for Sensei, right

Paracelsus posted:

Sensei some years later after Nariyuki graduates college and becomes a teacher is unironically a good route.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Paracelsus posted:

Could also be the "hidden" ending that doesn't get revealed by the game until you get all the other ones. From a marketing perspective it makes sense for Sensei as the most popular heroine by a wide margin to go last, so her fans don't just bail after her chapter.

I'm fine with this method, as it lets the readers all get what they want without bitter feelings about winning or losing. Harem romcoms aren't where you go for "artistic integrity," they're where you go for a smile and a chuckle.

Senpai or Bust.

Always Stan Senpai.

Stanpai.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Sensei some years later after Nariyuki graduates college and becomes a teacher is unironically a good route.

Yes, but consider: she marries him straight after graduation and he becomes a househusband.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I've not read it, but I hope all the endings are like that game where anything but the most delicately threaded critical path causes the rejected rivals to murder people.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Elfface posted:

I've not read it, but I hope all the endings are like that game where anything but the most delicately threaded critical path causes the rejected rivals to murder people.
Bokuben is not Bible Black.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

chumbler posted:

Yes, but consider: she marries him straight after graduation and he becomes a househusband.

Nah, that's weird. Age gaps become a lot less weird once you're talking about post-college ages.

While Fumino is my favorite, if I'm being honest she doesn't really have that great romantic chemistry with Nariyuki. Ogata also definitely doesn't. The tiny senpai actually kinda does.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Nah, that's weird. Age gaps become a lot less weird once you're talking about post-college ages.

While Fumino is my favorite, if I'm being honest she doesn't really have that great romantic chemistry with Nariyuki. Ogata also definitely doesn't. The tiny senpai actually kinda does.

Fumino and Nariyuki have powerful platonic BFF energy.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dexo posted:

Fumino and Nariyuki have powerful platonic BFF energy.

B-but they kissed

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Tiny senpai absolutely had the strongest flirting game and was a paper tiger in that respect as well, which was good, but you could tell Nariyuki wasn't feeling it.

Fumino is definitely platonic BFF.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Shut up all of you Fumino is the best girl

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I disagree that she doesn't have the right chemistry, but also she's by far the most compelling character

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
I find it odd that we went from Uruka to being the preferred pairing and best girl around these parts or at least the most popular to end with Nariyuki, to now her being less considered for it. Sensei just feels incredibly weird since it basically means that sensei had an unrequited crush on her teacher since she was in HS and never really seemed to move on from it til she gets the hots for said teachers son several years later which is legitimately both kind of creepy and sad.

Either just have the end you made with Uruka and maybe a time-skip of some kind of everyone moving on with their lives, or the ultimate trolling like I said where it all turns out to have been a dating sim game like I said which actually seems more likely now. Alternatively just give him a full on Tenchi harem and call it a day.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

doomrider7 posted:

I find it odd that we went from Uruka to being the preferred pairing and best girl around these parts or at least the most popular to end with Nariyuki, to now her being less considered for it. Sensei just feels incredibly weird since it basically means that sensei had an unrequited crush on her teacher since she was in HS and never really seemed to move on from it til she gets the hots for said teachers son several years later which is legitimately both kind of creepy and sad.

Either just have the end you made with Uruka and maybe a time-skip of some kind of everyone moving on with their lives, or the ultimate trolling like I said where it all turns out to have been a dating sim game like I said which actually seems more likely now. Alternatively just give him a full on Tenchi harem and call it a day.

Uruka was my number 2, and my number one non absurdly longshot(Sensei) choice.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Following VN logic, that means the secret ending is also the harem ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
I hate this mostly cause it gums up the works and that slot now can't have a new jump start for however long this crap goes on for. If the author was hurting hard to do suplimental material Manga Plus is right there yaknow?