Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Cerv posted:

Would you say it’s driving you round the bend?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGBsDED2I0o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Deep cut right there.

I loved that show, probably because it pissed my mother off who banned it (this was the fate of a lot of cartoons etc in my childhood). It felt deliciously subversive to 8-10yo me.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-aoeituE38&t=809s

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Camrath posted:

Deep cut right there.

I loved that show, probably because it pissed my mother off who banned it (this was the fate of a lot of cartoons etc in my childhood). It felt deliciously subversive to 8-10yo me.

I don't remember much about it other than I loving loved it as a kid. There's full episodes on YouTube if you fancy some nostalgia

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
everyone be careful out there

https://twitter.com/DamCou/status/1236263715592384512

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Alcohol bleach and other bleach?

Given bleach is an oxidizer does that not explode?

I guess at least they didn't suggest mixing bleach and ammonia. Though in fairness both mixtures probably would disinfect everything in a fairly large radius.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thailand has the little bum guns in every toilet and I miss them now I don't live there anymore. Sometimes the water pressure is high enough that you're basically giving yourself a colonic every time you poo :freakout:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

Alcohol bleach and other bleach?

Given bleach is an oxidizer does that not explode?

I guess at least they didn't suggest mixing bleach and ammonia. Though in fairness both mixtures probably would disinfect everything in a fairly large radius.
Sodium hypochlorite and hydrogen peroxide will violently react to produce plentiful oxygen gas and sodium chloride salt. The heat of this will boil the ethanol out of an alcohol/water mixture. It probably won't explode directly, and hypochlorite is alkaline which would protect the ethanol from being directly attacked by the peroxide, but if you mixed all three in a bucket it would give you a cloud of oxygen and ethanol vapor, which is a good setup for a fuel-air explosion if there's a source of ignition nearby.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Bundy posted:

I don't remember much about it other than I loving loved it as a kid. There's full episodes on YouTube if you fancy some nostalgia

I know, I put them there

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I know, I put them there

Ha! This was legit my favourite show as a kid. Did you have a VHS of them which you digitised?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

WhatEvil posted:

Ha! This was legit my favourite show as a kid. Did you have a VHS of them which you digitised?

Not really. I found the ripped files online, but they weren't actually on Youtube so put them there instead

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Bardeh posted:

Thailand has the little bum guns in every toilet and I miss them now I don't live there anymore. Sometimes the water pressure is high enough that you're basically giving yourself a colonic every time you poo :freakout:

I wouldn't drink the water in Thailand and I'm not sure I'd want for it to have access to my butt either (well okay in the shower hot with soap, but not cold and stagnant connected to the shitbox)

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

https://twitter.com/spagbolshevism/status/1236337374772199429?s=20

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Guavanaut posted:

Sodium hypochlorite and hydrogen peroxide will violently react to produce plentiful oxygen gas and sodium chloride salt. The heat of this will boil the ethanol out of an alcohol/water mixture. It probably won't explode directly, and hypochlorite is alkaline which would protect the ethanol from being directly attacked by the peroxide, but if you mixed all three in a bucket it would give you a cloud of oxygen and ethanol vapor, which is a good setup for a fuel-air explosion if there's a source of ignition nearby.

A sufficiently large such explosion would certainly clean your bum, at least!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Do not bleach your anus without professional advice.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/RedBadger4/status/1236330008488153089?s=20

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Brexit Britain, 2020: civil war erupts, triggered by a spate over toilet paper in a Tesco.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Just got back from ASDA in Sheffield and the toilet paper aisle was stripped bare. People walking away with 2 giant packs under each arm. Did I miss a bulletin or something?

Also watched Dark Water today for a lovely "you all have cancer" fun start to the Saturday. Good film, recommend.

On a total aside I'm looking to get back into painting miniatures as a hobby, any goons got any advice on a decent starter paint set? The ones recommend on amazon seem a bit pricey at £45 for 20 18ml colours. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grinning-Gargoyle-GAR-FPS001-Miniatures-Warpaints/dp/B07P66VH2L

Also, spray paint undercoat or by hand?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bardeh posted:

Gently testing the water pressure of the butt hose/bidet always makes for a wild ride in South East Asia.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Mebh posted:

Just got back from ASDA in Sheffield and the toilet paper aisle was stripped bare. People walking away with 2 giant packs under each arm. Did I miss a bulletin or something?

Also watched Dark Water today for a lovely "you all have cancer" fun start to the Saturday. Good film, recommend.

On a total aside I'm looking to get back into painting miniatures as a hobby, any goons got any advice on a decent starter paint set? The ones recommend on amazon seem a bit pricey at £45 for 20 18ml colours. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Grinning-Gargoyle-GAR-FPS001-Miniatures-Warpaints/dp/B07P66VH2L

I'd suggest coming into tradgames and asking there ;)

Army Painter is a decent brand, but I'd probably go for Vallejo if you can find it. £2 a bottle is pretty good for miniature paints, they're much higher quality with finer and denser pigmentation than standard acrylics, so they're much more expensive.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Vallejo are excellent, you'll need to thin then down a fair bit before using them too so they last a lot longer than you'd think.

Random Integer
Oct 7, 2010

I stocked up on toilet paper weeks ago. I'll be lording it over everyone in the post apoocalyptic future.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
today I helped my sister and brother-in-law remove their deck and discover, to everyone's surprise, that there was another deck underneath

turns out the previous owner had, rather than remove the deck and redo it, just screwed a load of fence planks down onto it :psyduck: and I'm pretty sure he was a handyman or some sort of tradie so I hope he didn't bodge up other people's jobs like he bodged this one

and if any of you make a "looks like it was a double decker!!!" joke I will loving cut you

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Guavanaut posted:

Do not bleach your anus without professional advice.

Turn that rolo into a polo!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I would guess that the surface was probably going manky and they didn't want to dig it up and make another one, and given it presumably lasted long enough for it to become your problem rather than theirs, they were probably correct in that judgement :v:

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish

Julio Cruz posted:

today I helped my sister and brother-in-law remove their deck and discover, to everyone's surprise, that there was another deck underneath

turns out the previous owner had, rather than remove the deck and redo it, just screwed a load of fence planks down onto it :psyduck: and I'm pretty sure he was a handyman or some sort of tradie so I hope he didn't bodge up other people's jobs like he bodged this one

and if any of you make a "looks like it was a double decker!!!" joke I will loving cut you

Some people do work like this honestly, other people just stack the decks in their favour.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Mebh posted:

Says 41 quid for me :sun: but note ' Designed as an add on to the Starter Box this set Includes another 20 paints to allow a new painter to expand their range of paints and painting options.'

I've always sprayed undercoat myself, what kinda miniatures?

(Kinda stoked I have an excuse to paint a bunch of monsters now actually)

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Mebh posted:

"Oozing Purple" sounds like something I'd type into WebMD whilst slowly melting down in fear.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Strom Cuzewon posted:

"Oozing Purple" sounds like something I'd type into WebMD whilst slowly melting down in fear.

I had a look at the Vallejo colour charts, and notice that they don't list pigment numbers - do any of the miniature paint brands?

Basically pigment has a number - e.g. PB29 is Ultramarine blue, regardless of what the brand calls it, whether that's French Ultramarine (winsor and newton) or Ultramarine Deep (Sennellier).

Or for instance, Winsor and Newton's professional range has cobolt blue as PB28 - a pure colour, whereas their student range (Cotman) has it as PB29, PW5 - our old friend Ultramarine mixed with a white pigment, which means the two colours will most likely behave differently. Another example would be Cerulean - professional it's PB35, student it's PB15 - also more usually known as Phthalo Blue.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Mebh posted:

Spray the undercoat always.

While not cheap it has to be said that the Citadel Contrast paints are an absolute game changer, especially if you want to get a lot of miniatures done quickly.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Angrymog posted:

Or for instance, Winsor and Newton's professional range has cobolt blue as PB28 - a pure colour, whereas their student range (Cotman) has it as PB29, PW5 - our old friend Ultramarine mixed with a white pigment, which means the two colours will most likely behave differently. Another example would be Cerulean - professional it's PB35, student it's PB15 - also more usually known as Phthalo Blue.

This explains a lot about trying to match Bob Ross paint colours, thank you! It's been going fine though.

Showing off:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Random Integer posted:

I stocked up on toilet paper weeks ago. I'll be lording it over everyone in the post apoocalyptic future.

It's a bad idea to advertise that you have post-apocalypse riches. In a few weeks you'll have to fight off hordes of desperate goons waddling awkwardly into your house to steal your TP

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

HopperUK posted:

This explains a lot about trying to match Bob Ross paint colours, thank you! It's been going fine though.

Showing off:

I like your little Bob Rosses btw - are you posting them in the Daily Art thread too?

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Angrymog posted:

I like your little Bob Rosses btw - are you posting them in the Daily Art thread too?

Aw thanks! I'm posting them in the Daily drawing & doodle thread or whatever it's called yeah.:)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Qwertycoatl posted:

It's a bad idea to advertise that you have post-apocalypse riches. In a few weeks you'll have to fight off hordes of desperate goons waddling awkwardly into your house to steal your TP

As if we won't all be rear end blasting in the shower.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Angrymog posted:

I had a look at the Vallejo colour charts, and notice that they don't list pigment numbers - do any of the miniature paint brands?

Basically pigment has a number - e.g. PB29 is Ultramarine blue, regardless of what the brand calls it, whether that's French Ultramarine (winsor and newton) or Ultramarine Deep (Sennellier).

There are some colour equivalency charts around, but mostly, no, they don't have any kind unified systems like this as far as I'm aware.

It's much more in the veing of craft paints than professional oil colours, in that regard.

Even though it's a reasonably big industry, it's still not Respectable High Art.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i didn't know mormons were a thing in newcastle but they got hit by coronavirus https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-51782255

i'm fairly certain that its all over the place here

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

There are some colour equivalency charts around, but mostly, no, they don't have any kind unified systems like this as far as I'm aware.

It's much more in the veing of craft paints than professional oil colours, in that regard.

Even though it's a reasonably big industry, it's still not Respectable High Art.

Yeah, none of the modelling paint suppliers I'm aware of go into that level of detail.

I used to work in a model shop, and the number of arguments I heard from customers about which colour was the best match for late-war luftwaffe green was crazy,

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
My nephew's colleague's partner has tested positive for coronavirus, it was nice knowing you all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Julio Cruz posted:

This is one of the least suprising things I've read tbh

I used to live in a place here in the UK where somebody had slightly scratched some of the ceramic tiles on the kitchen floor and then decided to put an ugly plastic mat on top of the whole thing, rather than try to fix the tiles. It was impressive how loving bad that mat was.