Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
1080p at 27" is kind of blurry. I'd check it in a store first if you get the chance. Doesn't have to be the same model, just any IPS with the specs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
E: beaten, but seconding the above!

Afraid I don't know much about availability in Canada or that particular monitor, but they're shouldn't be any text readability problems. At higher resolutions you can just add scaling of you need too, but definitely being able to choose your viewing distance makes a big difference.

I think people will probably tell you to either look at 1440p in 27 inch or just stick with a smaller size.

The argument for staying smaller at 1080p is that the pixel density will be higher on a smaller screen, so it will be sharper and effectively be pretty similar in terms of space to work with.

Imo 27 inch regardless of the resolution is still good for stuff like console gaming, especially if you're going to end up sitting further back or need a couple people to fit around it for splitscreen.

Personally, I'd prioritize IPS, then resolution/refresh and size. The only downside of IPS (except if youre going for super high refresh gaming) is that it will make TN monitors next to it look really bad.

If you're comfortable with refurb (not sure how best buy is), and combining your budget for both screens there's an Acer XB271HU at best buy Canada for 340 (can't find link on mobile, but if you search 'XB271HU bmiprz on their website it should come up).

That's IPS/1440p/144 Hz/27 inch which kind of checks a the boxes, and has decent height adjustment/a speaker.

If the condition is good, that's a v solid price for it - fewer Canadian dollars than an equivalent one is in USD, actually, and it's a solid monitor imo. I bought an earlier model refurb and like it a lot.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I just use mine for online twitchy shooters and I couldn’t do over 1080P 144 with my current PC anyways :goleft:

When I get a new nvidia 3080Ti or whatever is down the road then I’ll probably splurge on something equally crazy to go with it.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I really want to upgrade to a 1440p, but games just tend not to be optimized well for 1440p144 so I might just go with a high-refresh-rate monitor. Even on 24", the pixel density is still annoying.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ended up getting the AOC 27G2 - is the anything I need to do to get the most of it settings/calibration wise? I figured where i needed to set it to 144hz, is there anything I need to get freesync? (I kinda don't really know what the deal with it is.)

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
I'm looking for a good monitor for gaming. I'm willing to pay extra for good colour, as I have gotten very used to the great colours on my very old, and very expensive 16:10 24" Dell monitor.
I also wanted to stick with the 16:10 ratio, but looking around that doesn't really exist anymore.
Being able to rotate the monitor into portrait mode would also be a plus. (I like my shmups)

(Btw my Dell monitor is so old it supports DVI, VGA, component and S-Video. I got it off my dad when he retired.)

future ghost
Dec 5, 2005

:byetankie:
Gun Saliva

ufarn posted:

I really want to upgrade to a 1440p, but games just tend not to be optimized well for 1440p144 so I might just go with a high-refresh-rate monitor. Even on 24", the pixel density is still annoying.
I haven't really seen any scaling or optimization issues going to a 1440p/144hz monitor, though I also got a 2080ti at the same time so YMMV. I was going to get the LG 27" fast monitor everyone likes but I was worried how it'd look next to my 16:10 Dell IPS and only had limited vertical space, so I went with a PX7-Prime since it just barely cleared the height limit. Looks alright, though I run it at 144hz since 165hz had kinda noticeable overshoot.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
What in the gently caress? I had a page of text and some tables open for slightly more than an hour (some poker bullshit while playing PokerStars VR), and now there's a ghost image that's very slowly fading away.

The display to be hosed eventually? It's 3.5 years old with some decent power-on hours. It's an Acer XB271HU 27" IPS display.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Oxyclean posted:

Ended up getting the AOC 27G2 - is the anything I need to do to get the most of it settings/calibration wise? I figured where i needed to set it to 144hz, is there anything I need to get freesync? (I kinda don't really know what the deal with it is.)

Use the DisplayPort and cable if not. Is your GPU Nvidia or AMD?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

IPS display thoughts: It's weird. It certainly feels smoother then my TN, and it's noticeably more vibrant, but stuff with a lot of white/white backgrounds are kinda uncomfortable, even with the brightness kinda low, and flux running. Blacks/Shadows also feel much stronger, which makes turning the brightness down further a bit tricky.

Rolo posted:

Use the DisplayPort and cable if not. Is your GPU Nvidia or AMD?

Nvidia - and yeah, I'm using the display port cable. I think I saw a setting in the monitor menus that said it should be on.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
That just enables the monitor's support for it. You still have to go into the Nvidia control panel and turn Gsync on. You also should go into the Nvidia control panel and cap your FPS to 140. If you want to minmax, for games with a good framerate limiter like Overwatch, you can create an app profile that disables the Nvidia frame limiter and use the in-game one instead for a bit less latency.

The reason for the framerate cap is that VRR only works when your framerate is BELOW the max refresh rate on your monitor, and if your frames are coming too fast, you get standard behavior of either vsync on huge input latency or vsync off tearing.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Looking into getting into 1440p/144hz gaming, and am totally convinced by the arguments for IPS ITT.

I'm in the UK so my options are, I think, more limited. In particular, one of the thread favourites (can't remember the name but it used the same panel as a respected Dell?) isn't available here. Would either of these work, do you think?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pixio-Display-FreeSync-Certified-Ultimate/dp/B07WGXXV55

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Nitro...QM34CR1QNXC9243

Any major pitfalls with either? Or any other suggestions? Much appreciated

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Barry Foster posted:

Looking into getting into 1440p/144hz gaming, and am totally convinced by the arguments for IPS ITT.

I'm in the UK so my options are, I think, more limited. In particular, one of the thread favourites (can't remember the name but it used the same panel as a respected Dell?) isn't available here. Would either of these work, do you think?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Pixio-Display-FreeSync-Certified-Ultimate/dp/B07WGXXV55

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-Nitro...QM34CR1QNXC9243

I'd go with the ACER, they've been really at the forefront of this whole thing the last 5 years.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Both of them are fine. I wouldn't rush to buy without waiting for more input from other UK/Euro goons because there are a bunch of monitors worth considering at the right price and sneaky sales pop up all the time.

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.
Surprised reading around that people aren't as bothered by the IPS black levels as I am with all my current IPS monitors. My tv (OLED) is amazing at the black levels, but going to my main monitor (IPS) downright sucks with how gray things are, with games or other media.

DrDork
Dec 29, 2003
commanding officer of the Army of Dorkness

TheShrike posted:

Surprised reading around that people aren't as bothered by the IPS black levels as I am with all my current IPS monitors. My tv (OLED) is amazing at the black levels, but going to my main monitor (IPS) downright sucks with how gray things are, with games or other media.

It's not so much that people aren't bothered by it as it is there's no compellingly better alternative. VA panels are a bit better on black levels, but tend to be trash on movement, and TNs are poo poo all around, and OLEDs aren't available for monitors, so what are you gonna do?

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness

DrDork posted:

It's not so much that people aren't bothered by it as it is there's no compellingly better alternative. VA panels are a bit better on black levels, but tend to be trash on movement, and TNs are poo poo all around, and OLEDs aren't available for monitors, so what are you gonna do?

yeah this is basically it. OLED for PC would be really nice, but there isn't a fantastic way to do that right now, aside from just connecting to an OLED TV, or a "big format gaming display" that uses an OLED panel (basically a TV minus the tuner bits and multiple inputs that make it a TV)

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

K8.0 posted:

Both of them are fine. I wouldn't rush to buy without waiting for more input from other UK/Euro goons because there are a bunch of monitors worth considering at the right price and sneaky sales pop up all the time.

VelociBacon posted:

I'd go with the ACER, they've been really at the forefront of this whole thing the last 5 years.

Aight cheers guys, much obliged. I'll wait a little longer but if no Eurogoons comment then I guess I'll just go with personal preference (I do like the adjustability of the pixio...)

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

ufarn posted:

Is there a system for figuring out which G-Sync-supporting monitors that also have VRR over HDMI, or is it still on a per-monitor basis?

Don't think anyone answered this, but as far as I'm aware, there is no monitor that currently supports g-sync (which only works over display port) and other forms of VRR, but this may change in the future. Freesync monitors that are g-sync compatible are the only real option I think.

Barry Foster posted:

Aight cheers guys, much obliged. I'll wait a little longer but if no Eurogoons comment then I guess I'll just go with personal preference (I do like the adjustability of the pixio...)

I can't attest to the quality of the monitor, but that s seems like a decent price for a monitor with those specs in the UK. I think the HDR is pretty useless though, and there seems to be a cheaper variant without it (VG270UP seems to go for about £250) though Amazon doesn't sell it.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

..btt posted:

I can't attest to the quality of the monitor, but that s seems like a decent price for a monitor with those specs in the UK. I think the HDR is pretty useless though, and there seems to be a cheaper variant without it (VG270UP seems to go for about £250) though Amazon doesn't sell it.

Oh poo poo, you're a genius, I didn't notice that was the case! It looks like it was discontinued, but it seems Currys is selling it - does this look all present and correct?

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...91~Pricespy+Ltd

If I could save a hundred quid I would be a very happy camper

Backyarr
Jun 6, 2006
There's a pirate in your backyard!

Fallen Rib

Barry Foster posted:

Pixio PX7
Acer Nitro VG271UPbmiipx

I live in the EU and have been researching a new 27" 1440p 144Hz monitor for the last couple of weeks. The Pixio is not available in my market so no experiences with that one.

I ended up getting Gigabyte's Aorus FI27Q. It uses the same Innolux panel (just overclocked) as the Pixio and the Acer, but Gigabyte seems to have gotten their quality control poo poo together. Plus, they have a no bright dot RMA policy. The variable refresh rate works with my 1080Ti over DisplayPort.

Heads up for Acer monitors: flickering and artifacting is a common complaint for the VG271UP and XV272UP which use the same Innolux panel.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Barry Foster posted:

Oh poo poo, you're a genius, I didn't notice that was the case! It looks like it was discontinued, but it seems Currys is selling it - does this look all present and correct?

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...91~Pricespy+Ltd

If I could save a hundred quid I would be a very happy camper

Yeah, that was what I saw. Again, I'm not familiar with either screen, but on paper that seems a much better choice.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Backyarr posted:

I live in the EU and have been researching a new 27" 1440p 144Hz monitor for the last couple of weeks. The Pixio is not available in my market so no experiences with that one.

I ended up getting Gigabyte's Aorus FI27Q. It uses the same Innolux panel (just overclocked) as the Pixio and the Acer, but Gigabyte seems to have gotten their quality control poo poo together. Plus, they have a no bright dot RMA policy. The variable refresh rate works with my 1080Ti over DisplayPort.

Heads up for Acer monitors: flickering and artifacting is a common complaint for the VG271UP and XV272UP which use the same Innolux panel.

Yeah, I've just been googling around and saw as much. The Gigabyte is a little too far out of my price range, so now I'm trying to decide whether to risk it with the Acer or go with the Pixio (it looks like it gets pretty good reviews from what I've seen).

Thanks for the input bud

..btt posted:

Yeah, that was what I saw. Again, I'm not familiar with either screen, but on paper that seems a much better choice.

Indeed. Thanks for the heads up, if I do go with that then you've just bought me a new SSD as well, ha

EDIT - Well, decided to roll the dice on the Acer. Currys is good about returning faulty items so if there's any flickering or other issues then ultimately I'll have lost nothing but time.

Thanks all you guys, you've really been helpful

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Mar 5, 2020

ufarn
May 30, 2009

..btt posted:

Don't think anyone answered this, but as far as I'm aware, there is no monitor that currently supports g-sync (which only works over display port) and other forms of VRR, but this may change in the future. Freesync monitors that are g-sync compatible are the only real option I think.
Nvidia have announced they plan on doing it, which is vague even for Nvidia, but they've also included it on some monitors. But it seems completely arbitrary right now which isn't what you normally want to do as all the new monitors are coming out right about this month.

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

ufarn posted:

as all the new monitors are coming out right about this month.

Oh really? So if I was looking to pull the trigger on a 144Hz VRR freesync 1440p IPS monitor I should wait?

Was looking to buy the LG or equivalent at microcenter this weekend. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I’m trying to research as much as possible and make the right choice

ufarn
May 30, 2009

namlosh posted:

Oh really? So if I was looking to pull the trigger on a 144Hz VRR freesync 1440p IPS monitor I should wait?

Was looking to buy the LG or equivalent at microcenter this weekend. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I’m trying to research as much as possible and make the right choice
They're doing 1440p240 IPS monitors now, actually! :eng101:

Mass production started in January, but obviously there have been some ... logistical issues as of late. This overview of monitors is great, although it's annoying they don't mention the panel. You want to look at the "AUO IPS Panels" section.

At least the 1080p240 panels are due March-ish, but I think the 1440p counterparts have a fairly similar release schedule.

I think M270DAN08.0 is the 1440p panel equivalent.

ufarn fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 5, 2020

Happy_Misanthrope
Aug 3, 2007

"I wanted to kill you, go to your funeral, and anyone who showed up to mourn you, I wanted to kill them too."

teraflame posted:

What’s the best affordable option for a 4K/5k monitor for painting/photo editing? 120hz+ would be nice but not necessary.

Well that all depends on how colour-accurate you need it to be. If you're fine with 60hz and don't need HDR and are ok with a '10 bit' (8bit + frc) panel I just got this a week ago and it's shockingly good for the price. Good contrast + very bright, blows away the Sceptre 4K (I mean, yeah it should) I have alongside it so much that I'll prob get another one since that monitor looks so bad next to it now. Really solid option for productivity, especially if you run dual display and need high DPI.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Has anyone else found switching to an IPS monitor to be a bit uncomfortable at first?

Maybe I just need more time to adjust or maybe I'm just having a bad day or two, but my early experience with my AOC 24G2 has been having a hard time finding comfortable settings and just getting a sense it might be causing me some eye strain/exhaustion. (Worth noting I've been dealing with some eye strain / dry eye problems for awhile, but it wasn't too bad lately) At first it seemed like brightness was an issue - it's just simply an outright brighter display, but after cranking that way down (like 0-20 range) I'm not sure it's the whole issue because something else just feels off / uncomfortable. I can't image it's a refresh rate thing, while it's my first 144hz monitor, a higher refresh would hopefully cause less strain, right? (And it didn't feel much different on 60hz) And this monitor doesn't use PWM, which I've seen some people say can cause strain issues. I also run f.lux so that should be theoretically helping too.

e: Apparently a bunch of people find that IPS helps with their eye-strain over TNs. So now I'm wondering what the heck I'm doing wrong (or what is wrong with my eyes.) :psyduck:

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 5, 2020

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Riddle me this: Why the gently caress does the Razor laptop have a Gsync OLED but I still can't get that on a desktop monitor? You can't fool me Dell, that 55" Oled you have is just a TV. Cut that poo poo down and turn it into an ultrawide and we have a deal.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

..btt posted:

New models of GSync monitors support FreeSync inputs (or, VESA Adaptive Sync) so they are no longer vendor-locked. LG 38GL950G does for sure, the new 240 Hz IPS monitors should as well. This does not retroactively apply to older models.

This is DisplayPort only however, AMD's HDMI Freesync is a non-standard implementation (and is actually very non-standard, it's sending DisplayPort packets across a HDMI link that normally doesn't even use a packet format) and I don't think it supports HDMI VRR.

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Mar 6, 2020

Grumpwagon
May 6, 2007
I am a giant assfuck who needs to harden the fuck up.

Hey monitor thread!

have a 10 year old Dell monitor that has served me well, but the bad viewing angles and low max brightness is making me think it's time to upgrade.

I was thinking just a 24", but it seems like 27" is the current sweet spot, so I'm leaning that direction now. I play some games, but nothing fast twitch, and I don't really think I'd notice or care about faster refresh rates and response time, as I'm old and slow. I also use it for programming and all the normal web/office/etc bullshit.

I have an older computer (GTX 760), so I can't push massive resolution. If a new monitor will be totally wasted with this computer, I could upgrade, but I'm not itching to do so. The main reason I'm thinking of upgrading is that my computer is in a very bright room, so I can't see things in shadows of games during the day. My second concern is that I'd love to stick with 16x10, but if that really isn't a thing anymore, I guess I could deal with it.

My thought is to stick with what worked for me, and get a mid range business monitor. Budget really isn't a concern, but I don't want to spend extra for things I don't really care about. I'd like it to last 10 years like my current one has.

Thanks for reading. I really appreciate your expertise.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I'm building a PC for my son to do homework and play some video games, things like Minecraft and TABS and stuff. I found this monitor on Slickdeals for $110 that seems like a good deal, any thoughts?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-se2717hr-27-ips-led-fhd-freesync-monitor-piano-black/5996200.p?skuId=5996200

27" Dell SE2717HR
Resolution: 1920x1080
Refresh Rate: 75Hz
Response Time: 6ms (GTG)
Viewing Angles: 178° H / 178° V
Contrast Ratio: 8M:1 (dynamic)
Brightness: 300 cd/m²
Panel Type: IPS (Anti-Glare)
AMD FreeSync support
VESA support: No
Ports:
1x HDMI v1.4
1x VGA

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
That does seem good. I feel like 27" FHD IPS are more like $140ish with those kind of specs.

ufarn
May 30, 2009

FCKGW posted:

I'm building a PC for my son to do homework and play some video games, things like Minecraft and TABS and stuff. I found this monitor on Slickdeals for $110 that seems like a good deal, any thoughts?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-se2717hr-27-ips-led-fhd-freesync-monitor-piano-black/5996200.p?skuId=5996200

27" Dell SE2717HR
Resolution: 1920x1080
Refresh Rate: 75Hz
Response Time: 6ms (GTG)
Viewing Angles: 178° H / 178° V
Contrast Ratio: 8M:1 (dynamic)
Brightness: 300 cd/m²
Panel Type: IPS (Anti-Glare)
AMD FreeSync support
VESA support: No
Ports:
1x HDMI v1.4
1x VGA
1080p at 27" has a fairly low pixel density which is gonna make som stuff look a bit undetailed, but that's about the only thing. Make sure that it's properly adjustable since it doesn't support a separate VESA mount.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Anyone have thoughts on the ASUS VG249Q? (I can get one for 279$ Canadian) - As previous mentioned I picked up an AOC 24G2 and I'm undecided if I like it or not. I don't really have a point of comparison for IPS panels, but I've seen some comments saying the 24G2 has somewhat over-saturated colors (which I wonder might be playing into some discomfort) - and just personally I've been a bit disappointed with the viewing angles - even though I'm looking straight on to the monitor, the edges of the monitor can look a bit darker/slighty off colour.

I'd probably be open to other alternatives to the 24G2 - this reddit thread is just kinda what got me thinking about the VG249Q since it has some people finding they like it over the AOC but I'm interest in this thread's thought as well.

e: Also, is there issues with running 144hz on one monitor and 60hz on the other? Or has that been resolved at this point?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Very few people here have bought 24" 1080p 144hz IPS monitors. They're relatively new and most wind up springing for 1440p, and the review sites haven't covered them much because good monitor reviews are so rare, so info from broader sources like reddit is your best bet. The Acer VG240Y pbiip seems to have the most consistently happy users of the bunch, but it doesn't have the audio support you're looking for. If you do want to go with an HDMI splitter (and I did not realize how much they had come down in price, that's a real option), it could be your best bet if you can find it at a good price. All the monitors in the class are using the same panel, but some aspects of the lighting/filtering can have significant effects.

It's very possible that excessive brightness is giving you discomfort. I'm not sure what you could do to really be sure other than comparing using just one of your monitors against just the other monitor. Maybe try having more lighting in the room, which will cause your pupils to constrict more and make you less sensitive to the bright spot that is the monitor.

Mixed refresh rates can still sometimes trigger idle clock problems on Nvidia. It's basically driver roulette, and I'm not even sure that any given driver will consistently produce correct idling behavior for all users. Aside from that and the (hopefully soon resolved in the places it remains) video refresh rate sync issue, it really doesn't matter what refresh rate combo you run.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 7, 2020

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Thanks again, sorry if I've been a bit of a spaz.

Strange, DisplaySpecifications seems to think the acer monitor has 3.5mm out, but I guess it's data must be confused with a similar model because Acer's site and store pages doesn't list it.

As for brightness, it definitely was an initial issue, I had to crank it way down, and I think some other adjustments helped (There's a shadow boost/control setting - the default was just making darks too dark and some other settings were doing something funky with the contrast.)

I didn't consider 1440p too much - since I'm not sure how well I can run it / not sure if I want to shell out for it. I'm running a 1070 GTX and a Ryzen 5 3600 - could/should I push for 1440? Or am I better sticking to 144hz 1080?

BadMedic
Jul 22, 2007

I've never actually seen him heal anybody.
Pillbug
Apologies if this has already been answered, but is the Eve Spectrum legit? It looks really good but...

Throwing 20 bucks to crowdfund an indie game is one thing, but $630 USD to preorder a crowdfunded monitor is sketching me out. I don't want to risk losing that much money.

Also I've been looking at the Pixio PX7, does anyone here have any experiences with it?

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.

BadMedic posted:

Apologies if this has already been answered, but is the Eve Spectrum legit? It looks really good but...

Throwing 20 bucks to crowdfund an indie game is one thing, but $630 USD to preorder a crowdfunded monitor is sketching me out. I don't want to risk losing that much money.

Also I've been looking at the Pixio PX7, does anyone here have any experiences with it?

I threw $100 at it for the 4k version. I'm ready to lose that much at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

BadMedic posted:

There is ZERO chance that a crowdfunded monitor is just magically better than the stuff other companies in the space are producing.

Kickstarters can be legit, especially for entire new/niche products, but if they're promising to beat an entire industry in every way, they're loving lying. Eve is double-lying because all LCD displays are made with panels made by a few companies.

What Eve is doing is advertising monitors mostly based on panels that aren't available yet and hoping you're too stupid to realize that by the time they actually get their hands on them, all the real manufacturers will also have them (in fact they'll probably have them first) and they will produce superior products at superior prices since they already have all the design, production, distribution, and marketing infrastructure.

Even in the "small company without huge management/marketing overhead" space they're going to get crushed by the likes of Nixeus and Pixio. The monitor market is loving KILLING it right now, the products are amazing values compared to 2 years ago. The limiting factor is new panels and no one has any possibility of an edge on that except LG who is the one big company that makes both panels and displays.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 7, 2020