Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING MARCH TWENTIETH
This poll is closed.
DOOM 39 13.36%
ANIMAL CROSSING 41 14.04%
DOOM ANIMAL CROSSING 84 28.77%
Melinda Megamelons and her gang of busty felons (Inc Bowsette) 56 19.18%
hotgirl69 72 24.66%
Total: 292 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Cowcaster posted:

if you haven't read through swan boy (i don't think there's a ton of them) you should

dang I didn't realize that was him, I was a fan of E1 first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Just north of Monterey Bay in California, we're drowning in pussy, snails and taco shells.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Stux posted:

- me, listening to mbmbam and hearing the crack of a fresh can of pepsi ring out upon the airwaves

That bit has never stopped being hysterical to me even though it's happened like 10 times.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

People in this thread talked about Nioh and my brain is small so I immediately installed and booted up my PC copy I've had sitting around for years. I've restarted and beaten the first level three times now. The thing that keeps stopping me from playing way more is that I just can't seem to find one weapon I really like, but god dangit bobby I'm gonna try

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

the way it's set up nioh is a lot more forgiving with spreading your stat points around, both just because there's so much quality of life stuff unlocked by boosting every stat at least a bit, and because respecs are plentiful (although i think they get pricier the more you buy if i remember right)

that said, the respecs become nightmarish to use once you have a decent supply of skill/stat points built up because you're having to spend time reassigning like 200 of the things

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.
Black Mesa, the Half-Life 1 Remake, hit 1.0 yesterday. I suppose now's the time to give it a go. It's been in various states of completion and playability over the years, but the final release actually looks pretty promising. I'm a fan of the Half-Life style of gunplay so I'm sure it's at least worth playing

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

also the top 3 or so rows of skills that show up in every weapon tree are common to all of them, you only need to unlock them once and they'll be unlocked for all of them, you don't have to unlock them for each weapon individually

also a shocking number of skill descriptions are really badly worded or even straight up wrong, so, watch out for that

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Got this idea for an arcade shmup game where the control panel has a radial potentiometer that lets you turn up or down the framerate so you can zoom through sections you know and then slow it down for dodging

Make the scoring system tied into that so the max score requires max speed the whole time too

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

SeXReX posted:

Got this idea for an arcade shmup game where the control panel has a radial potentiometer that lets you turn up or down the framerate so you can zoom through sections you know and then slow it down for dodging

Make the scoring system tied into that so the max score requires max speed the whole time too

So Espgaluda with Saint’s Row 2’s variable gender slider?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

A Bag of Milk posted:

Black Mesa, the Half-Life 1 Remake, hit 1.0 yesterday. I suppose now's the time to give it a go. It's been in various states of completion and playability over the years, but the final release actually looks pretty promising. I'm a fan of the Half-Life style of gunplay so I'm sure it's at least worth playing

For some reason the game makes my PC fan spin harder than anything else, despite running fine. Considering it was mostly developed a decade ago that seems odd.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You know what annoys me? The fact that I can name all of the nine divines from the elder scrolls games

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Having had played a Bethesda game would annoy me too

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

pleased to report that i cannot but i probably could get all of the daedric princes if given enough time

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A Bag of Milk posted:

The whole point of Black Mesa was that it was a big graphical overhaul, but it took so long to complete that now it looks really outdated.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

The whole point of Black Mesa was that it was a big graphical overhaul, but it took so long to complete that now it looks really outdated.

It's outdated but looks fine. The original Half Life was stuck in that hideously ugly late 90s FPS aesthetic, so even getting away from that is a huge plus.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Jay Rust posted:

You know what annoys me? The fact that I can name all of the nine divines from the elder scrolls games

Dialla,
Sheogoreathghig (the insane one),
Azura that's the one the dunmer like right?

Dang it you have to give me hints.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

really glad to not even know what this is

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Okay yep immediately remembered why I couldn't get super into Nioh. Enemies have different stagger threshholds, but I just can't get a read on when or why certain enemies won't go down. I love the overhead Uchigatana, but if you can't get an enemy to stagger backwards it's useless because they'll combo through your attack and kill you since each of your attacks drains so much stamina. All the human enemies look basically identical and I can't tell if slightly different equipment is an entirely new enemy with a different amount of stagger hits required

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

StoryTime posted:

Dialla,

Two of those are daedric princes you loving dummy

And it’s Dibella, not Dialla, idiot

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

People tell me the lore and world of Elder Scrolls is interesting but I guess it's in all those books stacked up in the world because after Morrowind it's all boring-rear end whitebread standard medieval fantasy in every way possible

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I hate the Elder Scrolls so much, do not understand how it has become one of the most popular franchises of all time, and automatically downgrade my opinion of anyone who likes Oblivion or Skyrim

They have taken all the oxygen in the room when it comes to CRPGs

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Jay Rust posted:

Two of those are daedric princes you loving dummy

I'm sorry about this, I just follow the quest pointers :(

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

People tell me the lore and world of Elder Scrolls is interesting but I guess it's in all those books stacked up in the world because after Morrowind it's all boring-rear end whitebread standard medieval fantasy in every way possible

It used to be interesting, it isn't anymore

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The lore is pretty white bread but I will enjoy any number of hours of open world fantasy adventure simulator

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I accidentally got to the end boss of MMZ1 with starting health and I'm not sure if I can beat it like this lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I will walk back the vitriol of my comments but lol when people cheered for a title card of Elder Scrolls VI in front of some generic mountains

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The only one I played was morrowind and the thing I remember most is getting chased by birds a lot

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I will walk back the vitriol of my comments but lol when people cheered for a title card of Elder Scrolls VI in front of some generic mountains

I was cheering in my heart

Honestly even as many issues as fallout 4 had I still liked it a lot, and if it had been a setting I liked more than fallout's (which includes generic-rear end fantasy) then I would have liked it even more

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Jay Rust posted:

It's Dybala, and he plays for Juventus.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

StoryTime posted:

Dialla,

also known as the old smaug himself

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

that's the only one i know

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You mean pterodactyls, and iirc pterodactyls aren’t true ancestors to birds irl

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I tried reading an Elder Scrolls novella once and it was the worst thing I've ever attempted to do.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Gonna cleanse my palate by rewatching the Shadowbringers trailer, as I am wont to do

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

one time my friend made a skyrim mod that changed the month name hearthmoon to hearthemoon or something and it got 5 million likes

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i played skyrim for the first time on switch and really enjoyed it but lol i immediately followed it up with breath of the wild and witcher 3 which make skyrim look like absolute poo poo by comparison

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Skyrim has no weapon durability, it’s the superior product

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Every single part of Skyrim is kind of bad but it's still pretty fun as a whole imo

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Jay Rust posted:

Skyrim has no weapon durability, it’s the superior product

Let's see you throw a Lance

E. Bethesda games are even worse because instead of just a weapon breaking it's your whole save file

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Mar 7, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I accidentally got to the end boss of MMZ1 with starting health and I'm not sure if I can beat it like this lol

to be fair you have to grind to level up your fairies enough to use them and then they die and lower your level ranking because the game paradoxically does not want you to use them