Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Rainbow Knight posted:

I just had an epiphany and looked up a graffiti mod. This is an oldrim mod, but if you use a nif optimizer you can get the textures to work in SE and I think that might be just the thing. Plus I guess you can use your own pictures, so you can spray paint a Counter Strike terrorist or anime or whatever you want!

That's a good idea! Thanks. In other news, the game is taunting me and my desire to write on walls:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Does it sound correct to you guys that using SPERG at level 33 I have 320 health, 300 stamina and my carry weight is 494 without anything equipped? That doesn't seem right.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Meridian posted:

Does it sound correct to you guys that using SPERG at level 33 I have 320 health, 300 stamina and my carry weight is 494 without anything equipped? That doesn't seem right.

Are you using the Skill Uncapper? There might be something wacky with that.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Skwirl posted:

Are you using the Skill Uncapper? There might be something wacky with that.

Yes, I ended up turning both off and consoling in perk points to fix it so it's back to vanilla.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Vavrek posted:

It's not really a concern in normal Skyrim dungeons, but I've been in a few mod-added spaces that're more maze-like and involve a decent amount of backtracking. (Most recently an Ayleid ruin added by Tools of Kagrenac.) It'd be great to glance and see my own X or arrow or DEAD END marks. Moving corpses is a bit tedious, and then you only get the message "corpse / no corpse" (or maybe "corpse / no corpse / flaming corpse"), and have to remember what each signifies, instead of actually writing a note.

Maybe I could get a note-writing mod and leave loose pages on the ground? Still not as good as chalk.

use console commands to rename the corpses with helpful hints

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
On a scale of 1-10, how bad of an idea would it be to swap from Ordinator to Vokrii mid playthrough? A discord buddy recommended it to me after he tried both and it looks interesting, but my Skyrim SE Nord is level 73 and has like 200 hours onto him and I don't want to start over or gently caress that up.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Orange Crush Rush posted:

On a scale of 1-10, how bad of an idea would it be to swap from Ordinator to Vokrii mid playthrough?

:unsmigghh:

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Anything is possible if you know how to use resaver and believe in yourself.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

timn posted:

Anything is possible if you know how to use resaver and believe in yourself.

Yeah gently caress it, I'm going for it, worse case scenario I use a backup savefile and lose an hour or so after play testing

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Yeah gently caress it, I'm going for it, worse case scenario I use a backup savefile and lose an hour or so after play testing

Ordinator has a craftable/console-able scroll called like the Scroll of Legends that will run a script to remove and refund all your perks. Once it's done, that might make it reasonably safe to swap.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I just want to give a shout out to this cool mod where weapons and armor you sell may end up being used by members of other factions (bandits, the civil war armies, Dawnguard, etc.) so that Sword of Asskicking you sold to Belethor for a quick buck may end up being used by a bandit leader or you can channel your inner arms dealer and outfit one of the civil war factions with the good stuff (or sell to both sides, I ain't stopping you).

Kaiju Cage Match fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 7, 2020

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

graynull posted:

Ordinator has a craftable/console-able scroll called like the Scroll of Legends that will run a script to remove and refund all your perks. Once it's done, that might make it reasonably safe to swap.

Yeah, I looked up a reddit post that if you use that, then uninstalling it is pretty painless as long as you use ReSaver afterwards to clean up the scripts.
I am really liking Vokrii so far, it's kind of what I wanted out of Ordinator without some of the super clumsy stuff (like forcing you to basically only use one crafting spot, like the Advanced Benches/Tables do)

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Getting back into this after many years...Trying to run XEdit (SSEedit) through MO2, but it's not picking up any files other than the basic mods. I've tried running it through MO2, through the File Manager built into MO2, etc. It's as if XEdit recognizes the virtual file system and just ignores it and goes straight to Windows.

Any ideas?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Try installing these files from this link - MO2 needs them to function properly, and from what I can find online it has solved this issue for other people:

VC redist x64
VC redist x86

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

It's comforting to realize that Alduin is as self-defeating as I am.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've been working on a new mod set and I've been having the weirdest loving issues. This is the first time I went hard in with gfx mods, so I made a new mod organizer folder and started fresh. So I installed textures and gfx poo poo, and then started a character. Looked around, things looked good, so I quit and started adding functional gameplay things.

My general procedure is to add a few mods at the end of the load order, load into the Live Another Life cell under a test character, configure them, save, and repeat. When I'm done, I showracemenu to start a new character with all my settings and move on, which is how I've done it for years, since LE. That's when weird stuff started. After a few times doing this I wasn't able to change hotkeys for some mods in MCM. Like, changing Frostfall shortcuts, or whatever, but others worked. I figured I could deal with that later, so I installed more mods - then a bunch disappeared from the MCM entirely, but were still functional. Went on further, a different set disappeared, a different set returned, and some just straight up stopped working. And then it started crashing on startup. Removing mods or loading the load order backups wouldn't fix it, but I can still open my other modorganizer folders and that runs fine.

So it's probably hosed beyond repair so I'm going to start all over, but this is the first time I've literally had any difficulty modding this dumb game.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Meant to post about this awhile ago but then my computer died. A clever modder has created an Address Library for SKSE Plugins. What this means is that modders can now make their mods "versionless" with respect to SKSE. Instead of having to manually perform the address manipulations themselves to update their mods for new versions of SKSE, they can instead configure their mods to pull from this library automatically for the version of SKSE that's being run.

The upshot is that this takes the burden of updating for new versions of SKSE off of individual mod authors. They just need to do the one time upfront work of updating their mod to utilize the address library. Over the past month, I've noticed more and more of the mods I'm using get updated to be versionless.

Hopefully before too much longer this becomes ubiquitous and we'll no longer have to worry about every individual mod being updated for new versions of SKSE! :toot:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So I think I want to try something I've never done before and play through the main quest, I figure I'll go with a pretty light mod load out and was also thinking about trying Morrowloot out, what's the best version for that? This is on an ancient laptop so I'm limited to Oldrim. Any other mods that deal directly with the main quest that people would recommend?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I haven't tried any of them, but this is a good reddit post about main quest mods.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Skwirl posted:

So I think I want to try something I've never done before and play through the main quest, I figure I'll go with a pretty light mod load out and was also thinking about trying Morrowloot out, what's the best version for that? This is on an ancient laptop so I'm limited to Oldrim. Any other mods that deal directly with the main quest that people would recommend?
Morrowloot Ultimate.

Also World Eater Beater for the Alduin fight, it has some bugs but it's hilarious and great fun

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Morrowloot Ultimate.

Also World Eater Beater for the Alduin fight, it has some bugs but it's hilarious and great fun

Is there a place that lists all of Trainwiz's different mods? I'd never seen this one before and since he doesn't upload them himself to the Nexus (don't blame him for not wanting to interact with the user base there) I can't just click on his name.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Skwirl posted:

Is there a place that lists all of Trainwiz's different mods? I'd never seen this one before and since he doesn't upload them himself to the Nexus (don't blame him for not wanting to interact with the user base there) I can't just click on his name.

I think Trainwiz still might be banned from the nexus, or maybe he just never bothered to update his account or something.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

How did he get banned? Did he criticize some shmuck's anime titty follower mod?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

How did he get banned? Did he criticize some shmuck's anime titty follower mod?

Right in one! Something about "aliens shouldn't be in skyrim" which is why Brhuce Hammar has a whole mini quest about an alien waifu invasion. Almost all of Brhuce Hammar is taking the piss out of the Nexus.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Trainwiz is too good for this world

timn
Mar 16, 2010

Meridian posted:

So what combat mods are you guys enjoying? Aside from SPERG and possibly a vampire lord/lycanthropy overhaul I have kept the game mostly vanilla.

Don't want another 200 hour file with spongy enemies.

Necro'ing this question because I recently put some time in with Smilodon and am pretty pleased with it. Especially with the realistic damage optional plugin I'm betting it will do what you want for a mostly vanilla game.

I won't say it strictly has no new mechanics, and as a vanilla+ person myself my eyes glazed over a little the first time I read through the description. However in practice it's actually very vanilla and unobtrusive. It just works and very specifically cuts down on sponginess without necessarily making things easier.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Smilodon whips

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Probably a fool's errand, but is there an easy way to switch race mid playthrough? I've started my morrowloot/actually playing the main quest playthrough and I realized that since I'm not using any quest mods it probably be more fun using the Khajiit Speak mod and I'm too far along to want to start over.

timn
Mar 16, 2010
Not an easy solution, but with console commands you should be able to manually reconstruct your skills and stats as if you started as a Khajiit without too much complexity.

Also Khajiit Speak absolutely rules and is the main reason why I'm resigned to only ever playing cat people even when I'm not going for a stealthy archetype. But if you stumble on the separate add-on mod for it I'd give that one a skip. It's made by a different author and writing quality is much poorer.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009
I figured with all this going on I'd do another modded skyrim run, but uh...a bunch of the mods I pulled from nexus labeled as being for the special edition are popping up in MO2 as being the wrong plugin format. Some google searches kinda explained the issue, but I really don't want to have to get and then gently caress around with the CK to just re-save it from 43 to 44 or what have you (I have no idea what it really involves). Is there some kind of converter that will do it automatically? I guess vanilla run is something I could do but I wanted a couple of mods from forever ago that got updated (supposed).

Or alternatively just force MO2 to run the loving things anyway? It's been a bit so maybe I'm forgetting something, I dunno.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Someone posted this a couple of days ago on Nexus but it probably deserves a shoutout here because I tried it and it actually does work: Dark Face Bug Fix Spell.

Someone’s made a mod that allows you to fix broken NPC facegen issues in-game, instantly, without having to dig through the Creation Kit and manually export their facegen data. So the means if someone’s face is all brown because their textures are broken or didn’t load properly, you can just zap them with this spell and it fixes it instantly.

It fixed a couple of my dark face’d NPCs that I honestly thought were just impossibly broken. It’s a very simple little mod, but I’m quite impressed by it so far.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Skwirl posted:

Probably a fool's errand, but is there an easy way to switch race mid playthrough? I've started my morrowloot/actually playing the main quest playthrough and I realized that since I'm not using any quest mods it probably be more fun using the Khajiit Speak mod and I'm too far along to want to start over.

Try open the console and use "showracemenu"

It will open up the starter character configuration menu and let you change your race (as well as everything else). I don't know if effectively modifies racial abilities, but you can save first then try.

Synnr posted:

I figured with all this going on I'd do another modded skyrim run, but uh...a bunch of the mods I pulled from nexus labeled as being for the special edition are popping up in MO2 as being the wrong plugin format. Some google searches kinda explained the issue, but I really don't want to have to get and then gently caress around with the CK to just re-save it from 43 to 44 or what have you (I have no idea what it really involves). Is there some kind of converter that will do it automatically? I guess vanilla run is something I could do but I wanted a couple of mods from forever ago that got updated (supposed).

Or alternatively just force MO2 to run the loving things anyway? It's been a bit so maybe I'm forgetting something, I dunno.

I've literally never bothered looking at form 43 / 44 stuff and I have 1000's of hours of modded skyrim se, with multiple full playthroughs.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Mar 19, 2020

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Try open the console and use "showracemenu"

It will open up the starter character configuration menu and let you change your race (as well as everything else). I don't know if effectively modifies racial abilities, but you can save first then try.

I've literally never bothered looking at form 43 / 44 stuff and I have 1000's of hours of modded skyrim se, with multiple full playthroughs.

Doesn't Show Race Menu eliminate all your perks?

Eh, I might start over, I've been using SPERG and kinda want to try Vokrii for a more "vanilla but better" thing.

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

Maybe I'm just dumb and not understanding why the mod organizer doesn't want to launch, then. That was the error it gave me.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Skwirl posted:

Don't use showracemenu if you want to preserve your stats and perks.

Use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2155

It should do exactly what you're looking for.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Skwirl posted:

Doesn't Show Race Menu eliminate all your perks?

Eh, I might start over, I've been using SPERG and kinda want to try Vokrii for a more "vanilla but better" thing.

Maybe. I haven't tried, but it's quick to test.

Synnr posted:

Maybe I'm just dumb and not understanding why the mod organizer doesn't want to launch, then. That was the error it gave me.

It's possible I've never run into any that had the issue, but I've always used a bunch of Legendary Edition mods wholesale without any conversion.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Prokhor posted:

Don't use showracemenu if you want to preserve your stats and perks.

Use https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/2155

It should do exactly what you're looking for.

Cool, thanks. I'm on Oldrim, but that made it really easy to find the right version for me, here's the Oldrim version for anyone else stuck with an ancient computer in this time of quarantine.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/20394

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

After many years of modding, I found the perfect mod combination… the one that makes ingredients weightless and the one that makes all potions .1 lbs

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Someone posted this a couple of days ago on Nexus but it probably deserves a shoutout here because I tried it and it actually does work: Dark Face Bug Fix Spell.

Someone’s made a mod that allows you to fix broken NPC facegen issues in-game, instantly, without having to dig through the Creation Kit and manually export their facegen data. So the means if someone’s face is all brown because their textures are broken or didn’t load properly, you can just zap them with this spell and it fixes it instantly.

It fixed a couple of my dark face’d NPCs that I honestly thought were just impossibly broken. It’s a very simple little mod, but I’m quite impressed by it so far.
wow, fixing dark and brown skinned characters to make them look "normal" are we

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synnr
Dec 30, 2009

It's possible I've never run into any that had the issue, but I've always used a bunch of Legendary Edition mods wholesale without any conversion.

Did you leave skyrim in the steam folder it installs to by default? I'm wondering if its just a UAC thing being weird.