Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

dangle 4 days posted:

i have diabetes (type 1) and asthma but im resilient and like being alive and feel like that'll see me through

also as referenced my healthcare system exists and all

i gotta call ahead to my dr about my appointment tomorrow so everyone can slap on some PPE, or, they just tell me to stay home idk

I can't believe a genuinely new poster(?) Might die within days of registering

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
i am a hell long time lurker who got moody about democratic primary results

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

well if you don't die but keep up this posting rate you'll eventually catch up to me in like 10 years friend

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jose posted:

well if you don't die but keep up this posting rate you'll eventually catch up to me in like 10 years friend

Might be faster seeing your history for parking yourself in front of hurricanes and now living in a plague den.

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
Post Rate
45.72 per day

lol whoops. drat. the world must know

most of it is me just donkel trumbling in cspam

im gonna have a lot of posting time for the next 2 weeks!!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

look at my total and what is now a 13 year consistent rate lol

That Works posted:

Might be faster seeing your history for parking yourself in front of hurricanes and now living in a plague den.

i'm invincible mate

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
i raised an eyebrow at 120k posts yes. maybe even 2

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i spent 7 years in a job where i could basically post non-stop

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Jose posted:

look at my total and what is now a 13 year consistent rate lol

i'm invincible mate

Quoting 4hubris

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i'm off to buy booze and the hangover combined with this illness on thursday was pretty horrific but i apparnetly don't learn my lesson

coronavirus
Jan 27, 2020

by Cyrano4747
mods please rename me to Kung Flu

subtitle on the avatar : get well soon burt mod

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

coronavirus posted:

mods please rename me to Kung Flu

needlessly racist

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
i will never reveal the wuhan secret

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Someone buy this man a lt dangle av

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
always wanted to be a gay beat cop

this is a pun, because near me the big gay club is "the beat" you see

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
if i finally quit hard drugs only to die of corona a few months later, that will be a "cosmic joke"

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Griefor posted:

Privatized healthcare means we have just enough care for a somewhat bad flu season. Something like this hasn't happened (outside of Asia, which has learned much more from SARS/Ebola than us) in 100 years.

Hong Kong flu is the first pandemic I remember and that killed between one and four million people from 1968-1970. The US was hit especially hard.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Rinkles posted:

isn't that what an actual bidet is?

I live in Europe and have never figured these bidets out. It's just a tap that points down so do you splash the water in the direction of your rear end with your hand? A toilet mounted one that sprays gently upwards makes more sense to me.

Jose posted:

i'm invincible mate

Aren't you geordie? Apparently the virus hasn't propagated in the same way in hot climates so geordies will kill it off with overheating if they just put their shirts back on.

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
im feeling very mortal all of a sudden. im only slightly uncomfortable tho im just used to my bodily discomfort being self-inflicted

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

ilmucche posted:

I live in Europe and have never figured these bidets out. It's just a tap that points down so do you splash the water in the direction of your rear end with your hand? A toilet mounted one that sprays gently upwards makes more sense to me.

I think it's for washing your dick or vagina

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Washington is pretty locked down right now. The largest college in the state has gone full online, large gatherings are being canceled left and right, stores are out of many essentials, and masks are everywhere.
I'm on vacation this week so it will be interesting watching how things play out.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
The current level of hysteria among the general population here isn't sustainable, so I'm curious about how long it will actually last.

We're heading towards flu season here and it wouldn't surprise me if people have already stopped taking simple infection control measures by the time it arrives.

My major concerns are the way our government has decided to split the cost of dealing with covid-19 (50% state, 50% federal) and whether our supply chains for PPE and infection control products are sufficiently robust that we can adequately protect our healthcare workers for the duration.

Based on how many masks a day were being used by people entering my room when I was in neutropenic isolation a couple of weeks ago, 20 million masks (a figure quoted the other day as what we have stockpiled) won't go very far and that's not even considering the bulkier PPE which will be needed.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 7, 2020

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

ilmucche posted:

Uh any decent one let's you angle the spray upwards so you get a nice arc to dip your bum hole directly into.

The bad ones have no pressure or have only the cold water is hooked up.

The one in our current apartment is an antique and the faucet is in a fixed position pointing straight down. I'm too embarrassed to ask the landlord how it is supposed to be used.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

other people posted:

Uh any decent one let's you angle the spray upwards so you get a nice arc to dip your bum hole directly into.

The bad ones have no pressure or have only the cold water is hooked up.

The one in our current apartment is an antique and the faucet is in a fixed position pointing straight down. I'm too embarrassed to ask the landlord how it is supposed to be used.

You lay down and angle your butt upwards.

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
BIDET CHAT - we have this one, well my partner had it, and then I moved in:

You can get it for 60 on Amazon but elsewhere it's even cheaper. We don't even have it hooked up to hot (we just need one piece from the hardware store) but the thing rules anyway.

Seriously though if you are not prepared, you can do damage. This bidet can cut glass. A friend popped by to drink a few months back and they were pleasantly surprised we had a bidet. We warned them it is STRONG so be careful, and we all laughed when we heard their screams through the bathroom door. I can't wait to kill my cornhole with a scaldingly hot enemas. Oh also, watch out don't get the Roni!

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

I live in the same county and it's actually really reassuring to see that at least at the county level, someone is taking it seriously.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
how do you maintain hygiene with the bidets that attach to the toilet? like, you're pissing right next to it all the time. do you clean it before every use?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

They save on paper, which is good for the environment. And the newer ones save on water too by recycling it. I usually only change the water out once a day. It’s really great.

3 Tablets Daily
Jun 7, 2006

by Cyrano4747

dangle 4 days posted:

im feeling very mortal all of a sudden. im only slightly uncomfortable tho im just used to my bodily discomfort being self-inflicted

Honestly, it's not the dying that scares me, it's the possibility of being intubated that freaks me right the gently caress out regardless of whether I live or die.

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

3 Tablets Daily posted:

Honestly, it's not the dying that scares me, it's the possibility of being intubated that freaks me right the gently caress out regardless of whether I live or die.

i like hospitals, drs and nurses. something about surrendering and letting yourself be taken care of is really nice. even if this involves tubes in my body

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Blind Rasputin posted:

They save on paper, which is good for the environment. And the newer ones save on water too by recycling it. I usually only change the water out once a day. It’s really great.

water's one thing, but isn't the actual sprayer dirty? you know, by virtue of sitting in the rim of your toilet bowl

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

Drinking your own piss is the ultimate green move, in fact if you don't drink your piss then you hate the environment and may as well be driving a humvee

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

how do you know when all the poo poo is washed off your rear end? i just ordered a bidet and this is my key question

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Bullfrog posted:

how do you know when all the poo poo is washed off your rear end? i just ordered a bidet and this is my key question

Reach back there with your fingers

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

ilmucche posted:

I think you don't realize that design is literally centuries old and never really evolved until fearly recently. Yes it's just a bowl to wash your junk/vagina/rear end with your hand.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Zil posted:

Reach back there with your fingers

and lick them

you’re done when the taste is gone

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Steely Dad posted:

I live in the same county and it's actually really reassuring to see that at least at the county level, someone is taking it seriously.

Also in the same county. I'm a school nurse and the school districts here seem to be taking it very seriously based on county guidance.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

3 Tablets Daily posted:

I'd be interested in seeing a follow up to the story posted earlier in the thread which suggested that suction might have better outcomes than ventilation.

Steely Dad
Jul 29, 2006

amethystbliss posted:

Also in the same county. I'm a school nurse and the school districts here seem to be taking it very seriously based on county guidance.

I've got two in preschool, and I'm considering keeping them home starting this week. Does that seem reasonable? Am I early on this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

amethystbliss posted:

How seriously are students taking the "wash your hands, don't touch your face" message? Whether or not people actually follow that advice will have a huge impact on how this plays out.