Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I am willing to bet we see whatever Yoda does that makes him promoted to Master and member of the council

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

bunnyofdoom posted:

I am willing to bet we see whatever Yoda does that makes him promoted to Master and member of the council

Helped keep a youngling molestation scandal out of the news

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

I hope Yoda has hair.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Joke Miriam posted:

I hope Yoda has hair.

Long hair midlife crisis Yoda would be sort of amazing

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I hope Yoda is taller.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Young-ish Yoda has a pompadour.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
If it took him until the age of 700 to even get on the council, does that make him the slowest learner ever?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I hope yoda is still the leader of the jedi council and keeps being as wrong as ever

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

I hope we have Yoda just talking normally and is constantly dunked on for being a bad-to-mediocre middle manager type, then tries out the weird sentence-object-verb phrasing.

As time goes on, he just outlives everyone who knew him as a dumbass dies off and everybody new just assumes he's wise because they're not too sure what he meant when he goes, "Finished the last of the recaff, have you? Signs of troubling times, these are."

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Current canon is that Yoda makes Master at about 100 years old, but I don’t think there’s any indication as to when he joins the Council or when he becomes the head of the Council. He’s still training apprentices as of the High Republic era, so it’s likely that he’ll be more active.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

PantsOptional posted:

Current canon is that Yoda makes Master at about 100 years old, but I don’t think there’s any indication as to when he joins the Council or when he becomes the head of the Council. He’s still training apprentices as of the High Republic era, so it’s likely that he’ll be more active.

Ok, but the Child is only 50, so like, did Yoda get to be a master at the equivalent of 10 years old? I feel like that's getting retconned.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Chill Penguin posted:

I hope Yoda is taller.

I hope Yoda is a baller.
I hope Yoda has a girl who looks good.
He would call her.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd actually love to to see Maz Kanada in the High Republic stuff. I really liked that character, and like basically every side character in the new trilogy they were massively underused.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

She’s rear end, my dude

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

tribbledirigible posted:

I hope we have Yoda just talking normally and is constantly dunked on for being a bad-to-mediocre middle manager type, then tries out the weird sentence-object-verb phrasing.
Yoda actually talks normal in High Republic because 200 years ago Basic was object-subject-verb, like how that loser Player 2 Yoda in KotoR talked normal.

Rando
Mar 11, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

General Dog posted:

She’s rear end, my dude

Seriously. Let's list her character traits:
-looks like she's made entirely of sphincter tissue
-a pinkerton

Done.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Maz replaced with Ahsoka is the best suggestion I ever read on this forum.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

She'd be fine if she didn't look like a prune and have anuses for eyes

The ST's aliens were so...bland & uninspired

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Maz is barely even a character; she’s someone who basically shows up to tell Rey and Finn that they’re the protagonists and that it’s time to get to work, even though neither of them really have any reason to care what she has to say.

It’s also never really clear what her agenda is, whether she’s formally aligned with the resistance, or why she’s so eager for Rey and Finn to start killing people.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

And also Force-sensitive because that's the only way to be important!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

That's why I love Rogue one. except for chirrut none of them are. Including Raddus and all of gold squadron and that hammerhead

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
You know all this is because she didn't get to do anything because JJ Abrams has zero idea how to do side characters.

Sassy sage is just not a character I've seen before.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

twistedmentat posted:

Sassy sage is just not a character I've seen before.

You should check out The Empire Strikes Back

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chill Penguin posted:

You should check out The Empire Strikes Back

Yoda isn't sassy.

Anyways, Ashoka would have been a better choice, that is a correct opinion.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

Yoda isn't sassy.

"Mudhole? Slimy? My home this is!"

"How do you get so big eating food of this kind?"

"Hmph! Adventure. Heh! Excitement. Heh! A Jedi craves not these things. You are reckless!"

"Size matters not. Look at me. Judge me by my size, do you? Hmm? Hmm. And well you should not."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Additional: "When 900 year old you reach, look as good you will not, hmm?"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

A Distant Echo episode guide

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd call that grumpy or prickly than Sassy but I'll concede the point.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

I'd call that grumpy or prickly than Sassy but I'll concede the point.

Cantankerous

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

The design of the Techno Union version of battle droids is pretty cool.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Moon Slayer posted:

The design of the Techno Union version of battle droids is pretty cool.

I like that they retain the voices of the pre-ROTS battle droids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXSFVqMPv6M

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

That's blowing my mind. I never noticed the voices of the battle droids were different in the prequels.

I kind of prefer their more robotic and monotone voices compared the more modern common voice they all seem to share now in the clone wars.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I know it’s a kids show based on a film series also made for kids, but I’ve always hated the comic relief battle droids. They’re especially bad in Revenge of the Sith.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

The droids eased effortlessly into the faceless mook role, adopting all those humanizing traits the stormtroopers had even though they probably shouldn't have. If you feel like rationalizing it, it's a pretty short leap to assume that a the general population's average age meant they started to accumulate personalities the same way other un-wiped droids are supposed to have.

I expect to see Our Heroes come around a corner and surprising some B1s having a smoke break at some point.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I love the goofy Battle Droids. I was upset that Resistance killed all theirs so quickly.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Ahsoka+Sabine series needs to have a B1 who calls everyone Roger as main cast

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

NTRabbit posted:

The Ahsoka+Sabine series needs to have a B1 who calls everyone Roger as main cast

Have you seen The Freemaker Adventures?

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/PhilSzostak/status/1236754273846702081

I personally am looking forward to speculation over whether Filoni finally gets his wolves into live-action, or might the yin-yang fishies be the new hotness?

MildShow
Jan 4, 2012

Cross-Section posted:

https://twitter.com/PhilSzostak/status/1236754273846702081

I personally am looking forward to speculation over whether Filoni finally gets his wolves into live-action, or might the yin-yang fishies be the new hotness?

Filoni directed the first season finale of Avatar, so I’m guessing that’s where the fish come from.

Also, seconding watching Freemaker Adventures for the best B1 droid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I'm curious as to how that looks in motion