Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

bird cooch posted:

Welcome to American politics?

Well I tried saying that I don't want to stick my dick into anything painful, and I got a bunch of idiots screaming at me for not participating in democracy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

bird cooch posted:

Famous bastion of democratic politics Mike loving Bloomberg are you loving kidding me.

I don’t like him either, but he’s a very famous Democrat and Governor and he got more delegates than Klobuchar and Mayor Pete combined. And he got about 95% as many delegates as Warren.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Same

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

I don’t like him either, but he’s a very famous Democrat and Governor and he got more delegates than Klobuchar and Mayor Pete combined. And he got about 95% as many delegates as Warren.

Bloomberg was a lifelong Democrat until 2001, when he switched to the Republican Party to run for Mayor. He switched to an independent in 2007 and registered again as a Democrat in October 2018. In 2004, he endorsed the re-election of George W. Bush and spoke at the 2004 Republican National Convention

Bastion of democratic politics.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Blind Rasputin posted:

Serious question. Would you all vote for a Biden warren ticket?

Asking for a friend.

Is your refrigerator running?

Because I'd vote for it over Trump.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

bird cooch posted:

Bloomberg was a lifelong Democrat until 2001, when he switched to the Republican Party to run for Mayor. He switched to an independent in 2007 and registered again as a Democrat in October 2018. In 2004, he endorsed the re-election of George W. Bush and spoke at the 2004 Republican National Convention

Bastion of democratic politics.

That was a lot of words that articulated nothing of value. Especially given the irony from someone who’s pissy that he catches poo poo for having been a republican in the past.

Bloomberg sucks but he will likely end up doing more to support the democratic nominee than this whole forum combined.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
mlmp08 I'm gonna be honest I am very confused about what you're trying to argue

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

That was a lot of words that articulated nothing of value. Especially given the irony from someone who’s pissy that he catches poo poo for having been a republican in the past.

Bloomberg sucks but he will likely end up doing more to support the democratic nominee than this whole forum combined.

I think it would point more towards name recognition being important, an enormous amount of money spent and his intense loathing of trump.

I'm sure he is. He's got lots of money. but a pillar of the democratic establishment he is absolutely not. you have on multiple occasions in the last couple of days willfully misconstrued my words to try and prove a point that doesn't even make sense.

you trying to score points against the person who doesn't exist making an argument that nobody's made. I respond plainly

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

mlmp08 posted:

Bird Cooch did not answer the question that was asked and instead deflected to predicting the democratic primary results rather than talking about the GE.

How does that make me the one who’s intentionally misreading things?

And what are you referring to? Me saying that Ron Paul supporters are different from Bernie supporters?

Yep. Just seems like you're arguing for the sake of arguing, which isn't usually your style.

bird cooch posted:

We are literally currently in the midst of a primary election to determine who people think would beat Trump.

I'm not cryptic or anyting.

Yeah but that's not what many (most, I suspect) people are voting for.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Mar 7, 2020

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
One was a question, not an argument: All things being equal, who do people think would have the best chance in the GE vs Trump: Biden or Bernie? I don’t really know but am curious about opinions.

-I think answering by saying “Biden is winning the primary today” dodges answering that question.

Two: I argue that there exist democrats who would rather stay home or vote Trump than vote for a progressive like Bernie. Bird cooch disagrees with this, I guess?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Casimir Radon posted:

I love waking up to a circular firing squad.

I like the mental image this evokes.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

bloops posted:

I’d vote for that ticket. I don’t have the luxury not to.

Pretty much this. I've never been in a position where I felt safe to throw away my vote, and apparently now occupy a swing state. :(

Also: I greatly appreciated the wall of words, Acebuckeye, it was a good read. Thanks for writing it up.

EDIT: I'm honestly torn on the answer of who would most likely win, which is why I haven't weighed in. Sanders did poo poo that hurt his campaign, Biden has a load of baggage and doesn't resonate with a lot of the people that stayed home in 2016 for-- the same reasons. I am pretty much scared shitless about what this means for me personally! Especially with my parents entering an age where I have to think about setting aside resources to take care of them, as the responsibility will most assuredly be on me, their ADHD rear end in a top hat child.

From my perspective, both of them make me nervous. Especially with Sanders failing to churn out the youth vote like he expected to-- which itself may in part be the fault of gerrymandering, but IDK if that's the whole story. I haven't seen many people talking about what happened there, just that it did.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 7, 2020

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Wow it's almost as if the pillars of the Democratic establishment actually loving suck and that's a major part of the issue. Meanwhile the lanyard class runs around freaking out that they may not be able to grift along if the travelling Jewish man saying we should help people is nominated.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

mlmp08 posted:

Two: I argue that there exist democrats who would rather stay home or vote Trump than vote for a progressive like Bernie. Bird cooch disagrees with this, I guess?

mlmp08 posted:

That is untrue. It is an important consideration, but that is objectively not the sentiment of some pretty key players who are democrats but have stated that they would rather sit out or vote Trump than vote for a

Oh word?

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 7, 2020

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
I do not see a contradiction there.

Bird Cooch, You’re the one pretending Bloomberg does not count as a Democrat when he outperformed Pete and Klobuchar in the democratic primary and he has endorsed Biden and pledged financial support to democrats. Bloomberg has also said he would not support Bernie.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I think the phrase "key players" is doing a lot of heavy lifting here.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

The thing that is starting to worry me the most is that Biden is quite clearly suffering from dementia. He's having trouble formulating thoughts and he's mashing up words.

I don't think it's going to be an issue in Presidential debates, should Biden make it to that point, because I think there's a 0% chance Trump will debate-- he is suffering from dementia also (possibly made worse by decades of stimulant abuse), and I think he is having trouble standing for long periods of time.

But Biden would commit plenty of gaffes on the campaign trail that would be played on loop by Fox News and the Trump campaign.

Bernie is the only one left who still has his wits about him.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

MrMojok posted:

Bernie is the only one left who still has his wits about him.

I think you're forgetting about Tulsi Gabaahahahahahahahahah

Couldn't finish that sentence.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Not that I mind dunking on Trump, but is there any actual substance to the stimulant thing? Because last I checked the guy has been a Noted Teetotaler, even by people who both know and absolutely loathe him.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Old Boot posted:

Not that I mind dunking on Trump, but is there any actual substance to the stimulant thing? Because last I checked the guy has been a Noted Teetotaler, even by people who both know and absolutely loathe him.
He doesn't drink because Fred Jr. drank himself to death. People have said that they know he's abused "weight loss" drugs, and that he certainly acts like a cokehead.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Old Boot posted:

He pops british sufafed like candy. A drawer full of it was in his trump tower pic with the taco bowl.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Old Boot posted:

https://twitter.com/JRehling/status/1180505950613958658

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Shame no one's introduced him to meth, then.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TicTacs for when he attempts to force his flabby rear end on women.
British Sudafed to get high.
Swiss Makeup in attempt to hide his ugliness.
Big Mac because he's afraid of being poisoned.

Right now I'm imagining whatever is going on with his hair failing all at once and getting taken away by a big wind gusts, like a dandelion.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Mar 8, 2020

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Casimir Radon posted:

TicTacs for when he attempts to force his flabby rear end on women.
British Sudafed to get high.
Swiss Makeup in attempt to hide his ugliness.
Big Mac because he's afraid of being poisoned.

I am legitimately surprised he is still alive.

He must have Mr Burns Disease Syndrome, but with chemicals instead.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Old Boot posted:

Maggie Haberman (NYT) has always said the equivalent of "well, he *says* he's a teetotaler".

In other news:

https://twitter.com/LovedayM/status/1236425767023763456

https://twitter.com/BillNeelyNBC/status/1236417148098170881

For a while, it's been kind of unclear what the good-guy disease researchers have been trying to do, if COVID-19 is already completely loose and can't really be stopped. This chart basically explains it, better than anything I've seen to date.

https://twitter.com/CT_Bergstrom/status/1235865328074153986

You're going to get the same amount of cases over the long run, but more people will survive because they didn't all get it at once and overwhelm the (poo poo) healthcare system - the concept of "flattening the epidemic" curve. Now it makes more sense as to why countries are going so nuts over this thing.

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 8, 2020

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
Speaking of:

https://twitter.com/matthewstoller/status/1236319297414344705

I am concerned about my folks, TBH. They're both in their mid-70s.

I am less concerned about Congress.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
There's been a lot of arguments today, so let's join together with this former Warren staffer on something we can all enjoy: Dunking on Buttigieg (click for thread)

https://twitter.com/maxberger/status/1236304018512764933?s=19

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Even operating on the extremely generous assumption that there is enough healthcare slack capacity in the US that any measure of flattening that curve can get people under the line and not turn this into a legendary shitshow, it will still be people going to the emergency room so they're going to get the economic equivalent of being hosed by a corncob.

So it's gonna be a legendary shitshow.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Oh no, that's horrible...

not your folks man, that sucks

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

There's been a lot of arguments today, so let's join together with this former Warren staffer on something we can all enjoy: Dunking on Buttigieg (click for thread)

Never stop dunking on Pete. If we don't he'll be an elder statesman some day and he'll show up ever 4-8 years to jabber about how his job as an Intel officer was to drive people around, and this makes him president material.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Acebuckeye13 posted:

There's been a lot of arguments today, so let's join together with this former Warren staffer on something we can all enjoy: Dunking on Buttigieg.

:hai: this all day.

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

That Works posted:

not your folks man, that sucks

thx, I hope they'll be alright, they're generally pretty healthy. EDIT: I should note that they're not actually sick as of yet, my state doesn't have a ton of cases, but both I and my mom work in health care so it's basically just a matter of time.

mlmp08 posted:

:hai: this all day.

:yeah:

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZbyt15HuKM

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
What's in british sudafed

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord

Milo and POTUS posted:

Actual pseudoephedrine.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

Milo and POTUS posted:

Racism, sausage, and beans.

But seriously, Pseudo-ephedrine, I think?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
So... that'll get you high? Cuz I doubt he's whipping it up himself

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
It works the same as speed in terms of effect, and is a key component in cooking up meth, which is why Sudafed with pseudoephedrine isn't OTC in the US anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Yeah it can get you high and also some people have used it (off label of course) in high doses to control weight. Which is frightening because imagine how bloated Trump would be if he wasn't constantly popping stimulants to make his metabolism churn energy for no reason.

Also

https://twitter.com/epsilon3141/status/1236007745297539074?s=19