Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Griefor
Jun 11, 2009

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I think you don't realize that design is literally centuries old and never really evolved until fearly recently. Yes it's just a bowl to wash your junk/vagina/rear end with your hand.

Why is there a painting of this?

It's because someone was getting off to this, isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Rinkles posted:

water's one thing, but isn't the actual sprayer dirty? you know, by virtue of sitting in the rim of your toilet bowl

Just keep a can of Lysol or something handy and don't intentionally piss on it, I can't imagine it's any less sanitary than handling dirty toilet paper.

naem
May 29, 2011

quarantine cuisine

out of curiosity I boiled an amount of pasta, added one 2 serving 400 calorie can of Dinty Moore©️™️ brand “beef” stew, and a can of cooked sliced carrots from my goon pile.

it made a nice bucket of what I would describe as food, probably enough for a whole day

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I had one of the normal euro bidets in my old appt and it was useless unless you wanted to like, wash your feet in a really uncomfortable way ?
In case of really catastrophic making GBS threads events I can step in the shower but most of the time it doesn't seem worth it to spray poo poo water on my junk.

Rinkles posted:

water's one thing, but isn't the actual sprayer dirty? you know, by virtue of sitting in the rim of your toilet bowl

You install another one upside down to clean the first one.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

I just pumped my cesspool and I think washing your rear end instead of filling your cesspool with wads of poo poo paper is probably a good idea

I live in Suffolk NY and we're just waiting for our first cases to emerge.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Steely Dad posted:

I live in the same county and it's actually really reassuring to see that at least at the county level, someone is taking it seriously.

I was impressed.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
The toilet seat bidets often have a self cleaning mechanism where you can make it spray water all over itself. When it's not spraying your bum it's ticket under the seat.

The sitting bidets: I grew up in a house that had one. It had an upward facing sprinkler and was perfect for washing junk and bums. Cold and hot so you could get warm water.

Whatev
Jan 19, 2007

unfading

naem posted:

quarantine cuisine

out of curiosity I boiled an amount of pasta, added one 2 serving 400 calorie can of Dinty Moore©️™️ brand “beef” stew, and a can of cooked sliced carrots from my goon pile.

it made a nice bucket of what I would describe as food, probably enough for a whole day
Naem's infamous maudlin mac

No need to salt the pasta! Your tears will suffice

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

unpacked robinhood posted:

In case of really catastrophic making GBS threads events I can step in the shower

Sounds like you're talking from experience here.

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Lolie posted:

How seriously are students taking the "wash your hands, don't touch your face" message? Whether or not people actually follow that advice will have a huge impact on how this plays out.

My district is K-8 and the elementary school students are oblivious and as germy as ever. We're working to have more nursing support in the classes to enforce better hand hygeine with UV lights, etc. Teachers are told not to worry if handwashing eats into instruction time. The middle schoolers are taking it way more seriously - we're seeing like 30 kids/day in the office wanting their temperature checked. Our approach is that if any student says they don't feel well for almost any reason, send them home. Our policy used to be to only exclude students with fevers, but now we're telling parents if they have any cold symptoms at all to keep them home. It's tough because middle schoolers will look for pretty much any reason to skip class, but better safe than sorry. We're excusing all absences of students who report any symptoms, but are drawing the line at excusing absences based in fear.

Admin and teachers are taking it VERY seriously. Janitorial staff working ridiculous amounts of overtime to do deep cleans over the weekend and every evening. We're also cancelling all assemblies, field trips and after school activities and banning shared ipads/headphones/band instruments. All visitors to each school now have to answer screening questions before they can volunteer in their child's classroom. Teachers are spending the weekend preparing for virtual classes or packets that can be done from home. They say we're not at school closure status yet but want to be prepared since guidance seems to be changing quickly. It's also a pretty high income neighborhood with nervous helicopter parents, so that helps put pressure on the school to take it all more seriously.

Outside of the district I work in, I have a daughter in a small private elementary school and two high schoolers in public school in the Bay Area, so I get to see their responses as well. The private school doesn't seem to be doing much other than reminding kids to wash their hands and cancelling after school sports practices. The grades are still mixing together for various activities and all meet together for morning assembly. My sons' high school seems much more vigilant and is doing many of the things I listed above.

amethystbliss fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Mar 7, 2020

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/mslopatto/status/1236321363498921985

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

mod, please rename me "notoriously absent Chinese father"

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If eating gross food from cans and having a fresh butthole will help you weather a coronarantine it's also a decent primer for the prison lifestyle I assume

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
im scheduled for a boss fight in an mmo in 20min at 9am but then i want to just sleep i feel pretty grim

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

dangle 4 days posted:

im scheduled for a boss fight in an mmo in 20min at 9am but then i want to just sleep i feel pretty grim
embrace your inner leeroy jenkins. you can do it!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Despite my illness and it maybe being coronavirus I've been treating it like a regular cold and just being out and about to shops etc

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

embrace your inner leeroy jenkins. you can do it!

i cant let down the online bros. its just off to lay down right afterwards

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

LA lets tomorrow's marathon continue, but advises spectators to stay 6 feet apart from each other

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Jose posted:

Despite my illness and it maybe being coronavirus I've been treating it like a regular cold and just being out and about to shops etc

A little virus is good for the public as a treat

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Jose posted:

Mod 0

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Jose posted:

Thank you Typhoid Jose.

My kids are off to Europe for 6 weeks soon. I'll tell them to avoid Newcastle.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Jose posted:

Mods flu

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I always knew it'd be a mod that eventually killed me but I never thought it'd be Jose.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

I thought DingTalk was slang for "the chinese language"

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene
if the hospital didnt tell me "you were exposed and if anything goes tits up stay home" id probably be convinced it was just a cold and not care also

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Zil posted:

Mods flu

:golfclap:

dangle 4 days posted:

if the hospital didnt tell me "you were exposed and if anything goes tits up stay home" id probably be convinced it was just a cold and not care also

It probably is just some common bug, but it's preferable that you're not spreading those around, either.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

Why are we all fixating on beans rather than (say) canned tuna?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

My sister is a doctor and has alternated between not giving a poo poo asking me to drive her somewhere and glad its severe enough that I was off sick because she might get to skip a week where she goes straight from 9-9 12 hour shifts to the same but night shifts for Thursday/Friday

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Ngl being on day 6 of this headache loving sucks

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

Steely Dad posted:

I've got two in preschool, and I'm considering keeping them home starting this week. Does that seem reasonable? Am I early on this?
Honestly, it's a hard call to make. I think most people would say it's a little premature, but I understand the concern. How large is the preschool? Do you feel confident in their approach so far? Do you trust the other parents at the preschool to keep their kids home if they show symptoms? The risk would be less to your children and more to those your children could expose - do they spend lots of time with grandparents or other immunocompromised individuals? Do they do a lot of extracurricular activities where they could expose other immunocompromised people? I've been sending my kids to school, but watching the situation closely.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Jose posted:

Really?
What an rear end in a top hat^

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

Lolie posted:

:golfclap:

It probably is just some common bug, but it's preferable that you're not spreading those around, either.

i havent had the cold/flu in such a long time i wouldnt really know. the absence of sneezing is odd and as jose mentions this top-of-head headache is kinda consistently there. im holding back quite a few dry coughs and breathing is all scratchy and unpleasant

ima send someone to get cold/flu meds and some sort of cough syrup and should be quite fine. mum hoards so were all sorted on food but she didnt think about meds

do i get DXM? dihydrocodeine? or... a non narcotic syrup? sounds crazy but idk

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Spinz posted:

Really?

It's disappointing to say the least.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Spinz posted:

Really?

I was fairly sure I just had a regular cold until today

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Why are we all fixating on beans rather than (say) canned tuna?

It's all quite bizarre. People are acting as though supply chains will be shut down for months when the reality is they'd be better off just stocking their freezer and cupboards with real food so they have plenty to eat if they get sick and can't go out for a couple of weeks (home delivery times are starting to blow out here so ordering online is less of an option if you need food in a couple of days).

If people are going to stockpile food they're probably not going to need, you'd think it would be food they actually want to eat.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Canned tuna is loving disgusting is why

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

Spinz posted:

Really?

i mean i had to laugh but without some knowledgeable source telling you to care a bit wouldnt you convince yourself you were fine too?

i 100% ruled it out until the coughing/breathing issues now its like, well, i better follow the guidelines i was sent, not necessarily seeking testing or anything at this stage. so i gotta warn health pros before i go near them and inquire ahead if they even want me to still come to an appointment

dangle 4 days fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Mar 8, 2020

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Like this is worse and a bit weirder than any cold I've had before but not so substantially worse I considered it anything else

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
I had a fever last sunday, called out on monday, and went back to work on tuesday

gently caress it, its probably nothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dangle 4 days
Mar 4, 2020

by Reene

Jose posted:

Like this is worse and a bit weirder than any cold I've had before but not so substantially worse I considered it anything else

yeah im uncomfortable in a brand new way but nothing about this suggests "you could die" to me

gonna hold off from seeing my grandma for a while tho. my parents, ehhh, not much i can do about that. theyre relatively young tho