Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lmao that the Navy of all things is getting into esports

Who remembers that America's army game, guess it's time for the Navy to catch up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

orange juche posted:

Who remembers that America's army game, guess it's time for the Navy to catch up

In the Navy's defense on this one, I think it's all 4 (5 maybe even) branches. Kinda like the shooting teams.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I knew that Americas Army game was something special when before being able to pick what I wanted to do in that game I had to sit through powerpoint training in a virtual trailer lol

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Close_Combat:_First_to_Fight
That one was actually kinda fun?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

orange juche posted:

Fred Dawes
May 10, 2009

It begins

Kalessin ofSelidor
Jul 28, 2019

Workin gurl

Ooooohhhh.... no wonder ol boy Commodore told us to lump every unit in the oparea into a corner with insufficient waterspace for maneuver...... huh

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Imagine getting paid to post on Reddit

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Is their first post really a meme about a laser attack? Isn't that like...not great optics?

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Elendil004 posted:

Is their first post really a meme about a laser attack? Isn't that like...not great optics?

I'm sure they weighed the risks and didnt come to this decision lightly.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Anything short of reports of sexual assault / rape are probably good optics for the military

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

piL posted:

I'm sure they weighed the risks and didnt come to this decision lightly.

The navy just wants to make sure everyone is on the same wavelength when it comes to this story. You can't lose focus on the main details.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

orange juche posted:

I knew that Americas Army game was something special when before being able to pick what I wanted to do in that game I had to sit through powerpoint training in a virtual trailer lol

That game was amazing. Yes, the DoD made a team based FPS where all players perceive themselves to be the "good guys" who are all US military, but the other team always appears to be the "bad guys" who were vaguely Arab. And yes you had to do hours of training and sit in classrooms and poo poo in the game before you could play this "we're the always good US military you can't choose opfor" Arab extermination simulator.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I remember the opfor being distinctly Russian flavored when I played it years ago.

Bridge was actually a really great simple map design that I’m surprised I don’t see copied in other games (2fort is kinda similar).

That said what was funny was that the opfor weapons were better in every way ingame, so when you pick up what was someone else’s M16 it becomes an AK47.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
edit: they are letting people on base, whatever was happening, apparently it's already over

On my way back to the ship after counter intelligence training on Coronado, one of my guys calls me, says the pier is locked down, active shooter. Trying to get more info.

E: NAVSTA San Diego. Pier 1 apparently, my ship is on pier 2

Last Edit: False alarm, radio crosstalk during an ATFP drill = called away as real

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 5, 2020

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
smeper fi

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Seabee story - my friend's wife is her details Coronavirus screener for the upcoming deployment. An E5 builder. The Coronavirus screener, with no instructions or medical anything in their background.

Can do!

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
Speaking of Coronavirus...

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

I feel like my orders to Naples are probably going to be canceled.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

gently caress if I get sent home again....

Suppose to leave on Tuesday for Naples.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

PneumonicBook posted:

I feel like my orders to Naples are probably going to be canceled.

Be glad.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

gently caress if I get sent home again....

Suppose to leave on Tuesday for Naples.

Least you got a badass crab robe out of it.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 8, 2020

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I am so insanely glad I am out of the Navy. The combination of the Navy and Coronavirus is just going to be the world's biggest poo poo show.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I'm confident that leadership chains will work tightly with and understand the information from medical departments and will take the precautions necessary to prevent spread of the virus and understand concepts such as quarantine, incubation period, etc. The well being of Sailors is the bedrock of mission success, so no way Sailors who are exhibiting symptoms will be sent to their work centers to infect everyone else.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

24hr SIQ, RX 800mg Motrin

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I feel so sorry for any ships that were out to sea on exercises or deployment when this poo poo spread outside of China, because they're likely not going to hit port for a VERY long time now.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

I feel so sorry for any ships that were out to sea on exercises or deployment when this poo poo spread outside of China, because they're likely not going to hit port for a VERY long time now.

This poo poo is gonna suck. However with my luck I’m gonna be sent home and told to phone muster with the NOSC indefinitely.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

orange juche posted:

But hey, Beer Day! *presses finger to ear* I'm sorry but there will be no Beer Day due to Covid-19.

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

I thought Naples was totally fine when I went last year?

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

PneumonicBook posted:

I thought Naples was totally fine when I went last year?

I imagine that comment was in response to Coronavirus in Italy not being contained.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia

orange juche posted:

One of our pilots was sent to Thailand to do some training exercises and it sounds like he's probably gonna get quarantined before or after he comes back.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

No more rotator to Italy. They trying to rebook us commercial.

So I’m 75% towards getting sent home to sit this one out on orders and 25% actually going tomorrow.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

LingcodKilla posted:

No more rotator to Italy. They trying to rebook us commercial.

So I’m 75% towards getting sent home to sit this one out on orders and 25% actually going tomorrow.

Your optimism is really amazing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Lou Takki posted:

Your optimism is really amazing.

Find out by 5.

It’s gonna be hell sitting at home waiting to fly out.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Welp got my commercial flight tickets. Bon journo or whatevs.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Welp got my commercial flight tickets. Bon journo or whatevs.

I'd say enjoy Italy but I don't think there's gonna be a lot to enjoy with the poo poo going around there right now

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

I'd say enjoy Italy but I don't think there's gonna be a lot to enjoy with the poo poo going around there right now

Hopefully it will calm down by the time I’m done with my warfare pin.

Also PSA the new boot seems super comfy right out of the box and I got diva feet.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Hopefully it will calm down by the time I’m done with my warfare pin.

Also PSA the new boot seems super comfy right out of the box and I got diva feet.

Which one did you get? The flight deck ones?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

Which one did you get? The flight deck ones?

Nah they made a deck boot with a padded collar and it’s lined.

490ST is the model number. True to size fitting in my case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Yeah I had a pair of Wellco There and Backs when I was on the ship, goretex inner lining with a loop on the back to help pull them on, they were awesome