Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Having to spend any significant time in those spaces would lead to me being headachy and/or assaultive.

That is beyond loud and garish and into sensory overload territory.

Have to assume the owners have some kind of a vision problem, but how colourblind is it possible to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PRADA SLUT
Mar 14, 2006

Inexperienced,
heartless,
but even so
someone find a place purported to be on a zone of energetic alignment / overflowing mana / planetary influence / etc

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

search keyword: orgone pyramid

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Suggested search terms:

Leyline

Haunted

Feng Shui

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Does anyone have modern examples of Indian interior design? Not Guru Patchouli Shine's just back from yoga camp meditation and dollar store incense corner.

My googles just come up with sterile looking apartments.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Try "Ottoman style interior design" maybe? Not quite the same (middle eastern vs Indian) but close-ish?

Edit: Actually, that's not really close at all, lol.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Follow-up question, what about laminate flooring for dogs? That's my other consideration besides LVP.

I know it has to be pretty well textured to have grip. I am wondering if I should be looking for a certain thickness or other measurements, just like with LVP.

Here's one I found that looks good. I'm going to check it out in person this weekend.

https://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/Wheat-Field-Oak-Laminate-Flooring-AquaSeal-24-12WFO24AS/10047576

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Mar 6, 2020

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PRADA SLUT posted:

someone find a place purported to be on a zone of energetic alignment / overflowing mana / planetary influence / etc

i found this searching for "alignment" as in "Neither the kite-shaped lot nor the house are ?square with the world?. The lap pool's north-south alignment orients the occupants and recalls the Jeffersonian grid's section lines so apparent in Western Kansas."

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1629-Hillcrest-Rd-Lawrence-KS-66044/74579654_zpid/

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

luxury handset posted:

i found this searching for "alignment" as in "Neither the kite-shaped lot nor the house are ?square with the world?. The lap pool's north-south alignment orients the occupants and recalls the Jeffersonian grid's section lines so apparent in Western Kansas."

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1629-Hillcrest-Rd-Lawrence-KS-66044/74579654_zpid/

I was kind of digging it until this

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
I need more of that Adobe it's both cool and good

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

actionjackson posted:

Follow-up question, what about laminate flooring for dogs? That's my other consideration besides LVP.

I know it has to be pretty well textured to have grip. I am wondering if I should be looking for a certain thickness or other measurements, just like with LVP.

Yeah it's good
We chose a light oak woodgrain laminate and it hides scratches and dust well. The apartment my friend is renting has white vinyl floors that look horrible outside of a catalog.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Suspect Bucket posted:

Does anyone have modern examples of Indian interior design? Not Guru Patchouli Shine's just back from yoga camp meditation and dollar store incense corner.

My googles just come up with sterile looking apartments.

Look up some Indian interior design firms, or even just googling contemporary Indian interior design gets better results. It looks like whats in now is the same kind of minimal modernism that's popular everywhere else, just with Indian influence instead of Scandinavian. Open floor plans, a lot of natural wood, and white walls left mostly empty. There's seems to be a preference for creams and browns over white and grey, the textiles are Indian designs, and art and focal piece furniture are more likely to be traditional Indian pieces rather than super-modernist ones.

Ooh, found an Indian home design magazine

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

luxury handset posted:

"Neither the kite-shaped lot nor the house are ?square with the world?. The lap pool's north-south alignment orients the occupants and recalls the Jeffersonian grid's section lines so apparent in Western Kansas."

This was written by a realtor AI and you can not convince me othAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA PROCEDURALY GENERATED REALTORS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

there wolf posted:

Look up some Indian interior design firms, or even just googling contemporary Indian interior design gets better results. It looks like whats in now is the same kind of minimal modernism that's popular everywhere else, just with Indian influence instead of Scandinavian. Open floor plans, a lot of natural wood, and white walls left mostly empty. There's seems to be a preference for creams and browns over white and grey, the textiles are Indian designs, and art and focal piece furniture are more likely to be traditional Indian pieces rather than super-modernist ones.

Ooh, found an Indian home design magazine

That's both helpful, and enlightening as it somewhat aligns with the fiance's minimalist aesthetic. Now to conceptualize the minimalist hill station. It needs dead animals, living animals, guns, and be easy to dust.

actionjackson posted:

Here's one I found that looks good. I'm going to check it out in person this weekend.

https://www.lumberliquidators.com/ll/c/Wheat-Field-Oak-Laminate-Flooring-AquaSeal-24-12WFO24AS/10047576

Any grained laminate will hide scratches and be good for dogs. But the best is just the textured fake wood lino, it's bombproof AND piss proof. The Dadbucket replaced the whole downstairs with it after our last dog ruined a corner of the front room with ninja peeing.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 7, 2020

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Sirotan posted:

I was kind of digging it until this

That's a sex crime toilet if I've ever seen one.

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Suspect Bucket posted:

That's both helpful, and enlightening as it somewhat aligns with the fiance's minimalist aesthetic. Now to conceptualize the minimalist hill station. It needs dead animals, living animals, guns, and be easy to dust.
Anglo-Indian furniture is some of my favorite furniture. There's a neat synthesis and tension between basically what Indian artisans traditionally made and what Europeans wanted (both in India and for export) that produced some really neat designs. No idea what is current in India however, though I know there are still alot of traditional artisans around and they make alot of hand knotted oriental rugs.

there wolf posted:

It looks like whats in now is the same kind of minimal modernism that's popular everywhere else,
I think this is my least favorite part of the current worldwide design moment. You can't tell if a hip new store/restaurant is in the English countryside or Istanbul or Toledo or Tokyo.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Zillow search term of the day is "meditation"

there are no fewer than 30 giant hunks of crystal in this house

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Megillah Gorilla posted:

That's a sex crime toilet if I've ever seen one.

You could probably be handcuffed to the pipe and reach the shower and the toilet. Leave me some snacks and my phone and I’ll take it.

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Looking for a contemporary dining room linear chandelier that's not "farmhouse," anyone got a recommendation?

e: gently caress, why is everything farmhouse?

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bubbacub posted:

Looking for a contemporary dining room linear chandelier that's not "farmhouse," anyone got a recommendation?

1) Chip and Joanna
2) Their lackeys

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Youth Decay posted:

The Zillow search term of the day is "meditation"

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Bubbacub posted:

By farmhouse, do you mean enclosed in a rectangular or trapezoidal frame?

Kaiser Schnitzel
Mar 29, 2006

Schnitzel mit uns

Love the BVM/heathen altar/beige carpet meditation station.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Pablo Bluth posted:

There's a British TV program called Great British Pottery Throwndown – think Bake-off but for amateur potters. Last night the remaining four had to make toilets and they came up with these:

https://twitter.com/PotteryThrow/status/1235323114227200001

The fly agaric mushroom was the worthy winner however none of them managed to surpass this magnificent toilet from the first series

https://twitter.com/PotteryThrow/status/844998564916924416.

If it can't suck down two dozen golf balls, it shouldn't win.

https://i.imgur.com/g0Hi1If.mp4

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bubbacub posted:

What's your budget? Most lighting website will let you search by style so you can weed out the farmhouse garbage.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I've been through 6 different colour/beam angle/brightness of bulbs in the bathroom before I found something that makes me happy, I'm hated at the local DIY store. Going to do the same procedure in the kitchen in a couple of weeks, this is what counts as fun as an adult right?

E: on the subject of lighting I want a pull down pendant for the dining room but I need to be able to move/offset it as the layout of that room changes a couple of times a year and the dining table is never in the centre.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

cakesmith handyman posted:

I've been through 6 different colour/beam angle/brightness of bulbs in the bathroom before I found something that makes me happy, I'm hated at the local DIY store. Going to do the same procedure in the kitchen in a couple of weeks, this is what counts as fun as an adult right?

E: on the subject of lighting I want a pull down pendant for the dining room but I need to be able to move/offset it as the layout of that room changes a couple of times a year and the dining table is never in the centre.

Get some hooks / pulleys / hoops and put them in the ceiling wherever you want the bulb to be centred.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Actually that's really clever. Longer "decorative" cord, pulley over the target position, counterweight on a second pulley hanging from the looped cord. I'll have a good look at that today thanks.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I like the outside and some of the inside, but not all the furnishings. Oddly, the garage upper room (#20) is reasonably well done, considering that it's corrugated metal, though I'd wonder about sound reflections.

https://www.realestate.com.au/property/56-upper-coonara-rd-kallista-vic-3791

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I like the outside and some of the inside, but not all the furnishings. Oddly, the garage upper room (#20) is reasonably well done, considering that it's corrugated metal, though I'd wonder about sound reflections.

This would feel like living in a theme restaurant to me.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Badger of Basra posted:

This would feel like living in a theme restaurant to me.

Don't you speak ill of Steak & Ale!

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Oh this house. I sort of love it. It is cohesive in the very least.

Love to either climb over the bed or crab walk around the foot of it to get to my wardrobe.

I'm not entirely sure if those are real windows on the inside of that ceiling hole* but at least it tried to make some sort of decorative sense. Unlike those geometric sins that Mcmansion houses have. Someone with construction knowledge please to explain?

*from where ceiling cat is watching you?

This is where me and my drinking buddies plot the downfall of other nobles in Fantasy Britain and also smoke cigars.

And this is where me and my drinking buddies sacrifice 'fallen women' to strange and unknown foreign gods that are shaped like octopuses and maybe homoerotic phallic shapes while getting sloshed on brandy and making fun of hp lovecraft's pathetic rear end.

I have no words.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

value-brand cereal posted:

I have no words.

My granddad owned a little grocery store that had a huge walk-in freezer that was clad with shiny corrugated metal. I can't look at this kind of interior 'design' without thinking about meat hanging on hooks and assorted frozen goods.

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

The Zillow search term of the day is "Bauhaus"
see if you can tell which of these are actual mid-century houses and which are "Bauhaus inspired" (it should be pretty obvious)

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I too have always dreamed of moving into an upscale community college.

This just makes me think "Scandinavian prison" for some reason.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Having a shower so big you don't even need any sort of barrier would be kind of cool

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I too have always dreamed of moving into an upscale community college.

This just makes me think "Scandinavian prison" for some reason.

Its all Ikea.

Lol at the window that's so high up that you can't tell from the inside of someone is peeping from the outside.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me

actionjackson posted:

Having a shower so big you don't even need any sort of barrier would be kind of cool

And then you realize it's always cold while you take the shower and then it's not cool.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Its all Ikea.

Lol at the window that's so high up that you can't tell from the inside of someone is peeping from the outside.

Very high windows are very good for light when the wall has cabinets.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

peanut posted:

Very high windows are very good for light when the wall has cabinets.

I have electrical lighting :guillotine:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

actionjackson posted:

mid century open bathrooms are the best bathrooms