Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I remember getting ubered as gunslinger engie pushing 4 on granary and I ended up robofisting half the enemy team to death while the medic giggled in voicechat. I figure that if the med is at the point that he's ubering an engie he's either got rock bottom expectations or is just desperate to be invincible for a few seconds so I can't get mad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

The only thing I require of anyone I uber is that they move toward the enemy position. It's ok if you do bad. I don't mind as long as you get out there! Nothing in the game makes my brain start making squeaky noises quite like a team full of people who all just want to run and hide the second I hit full charge. :shepface:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You could use the goon co-op discord, I suppose, since I doubt the tf2 community that's left is very big.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Galaxander posted:

The only thing I require of anyone I uber is that they move toward the enemy position. It's ok if you do bad. I don't mind as long as you get out there! Nothing in the game makes my brain start making squeaky noises quite like a team full of people who all just want to run and hide the second I hit full charge. :shepface:

Yeah, "running forward and glowing" is perfectly useful and acceptable pub level play.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I made a Discord.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Demoman catches coronavirus from not washing his hands.

Medic catches coronavirus from treating Demoman.

Who catches it next ??

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Man Musk posted:

Who catches it next ??
Archimedes.

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Man Musk posted:

Who catches it next ??

Spy washes his hands with soap and water. Engie washes his hands in gasoline to degrease, likewise Pyro. None of the other mercs wash their hands at all.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

As less of a joke, I'd say Heavy next. He eats with his bare hands, without washing.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Scout catches coronavirus next, he can chase it down faster.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Christ the new match end screen is horribly programmed. I've never ever not had something gently caress up on it. Either I can't vote for the next match, or I can't use the "rate this match" box, or I can't open chat. Or some combination thereof.

Also, what's the point of the match rating box? Does it feed some algorithm that does something? Are we expected to believe that someone is reading those?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I like how sometimes it asks you to rate the "match" you just played, and other times it asks you to rate the "map". Literally every other word in the box is identical.

Even if they are looking at the data, it's not likely to be very useful!

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ariong posted:

Christ the new match end screen is horribly programmed. I've never ever not had something gently caress up on it. Either I can't vote for the next match, or I can't use the "rate this match" box, or I can't open chat. Or some combination thereof.

Also, what's the point of the match rating box? Does it feed some algorithm that does something? Are we expected to believe that someone is reading those?

It won't let you use chat while the "rating" box is open, and I've never had an issue with that box not working, only the voting for the next map. My guess is someone who worked at Valve 3 years ago implemented that because they wanted to gather some data and then either quit or moved on to another game or just sorta forgot and now it'll never go away.

Jabor posted:

I like how sometimes it asks you to rate the "match" you just played, and other times it asks you to rate the "map". Literally every other word in the box is identical.

Even if they are looking at the data, it's not likely to be very useful!

I've literally never realized it wasn't just voting for the previous match.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
I wonder what the correlation between "how would you rate the match you just played" and "did you win the match you just played" is. Can correlations go above 1? Because I'm guessing the correlation is about a million.

Warpy
May 24, 2003

"KABOOOOM!"
playing tf2 till the world ends

heck ya

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
It's not quite Eyeballs the Safety Clown, but it's not without a certain Je nais c'est quoi!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Grapplejack posted:

You could use the goon co-op discord, I suppose, since I doubt the tf2 community that's left is very big.
?

I'm familiar with the co-op sub discord I request (rip due to inactivity) but is there another one?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

So casual servers are just riddled with racists and hackers now, huh.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
EU seems to be that way. NA less so. I’ve been playing on Creator.tf servers lately. They are no crit with a decent map selection. They have NA and EU servers that typically are close to full. Reminds me of a less skilled Lost Continents.

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I play on Tokyo, Hong Kong, and occasionally Singapore servers and it's not too bad. Hackers are uncommon but I got revenge kicked once when a vote I called to kick a hacker failed. Of course, I'd much rather have a nice community server to play on.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I was having a nice, fun game of Dodgeball when somebody dropped the hard-R in voice and everyone started laughing.

:yikes:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Yeah. I typically like casual servers(east coast US) because no one talks so I have fun even if the other team rolls or I’m stuck with a bunch of bad spies and snipers.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Aaagh game is still so fun.

Also I wish I didn't have to jump through like 5 hoops to sell a case for 1 pennysworth of steambux.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Dang I got the bug where white boxes slide all over the screen on Banana Bay again. I know there's a simple console command that fixes it, but I can never find it when I search.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Are "Valve doesn't care about this game" videos so old-fashioned that they're now retro-cool?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3LaNUDj824

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
anyone got the F2P players cant high five video?
its an engie holding the high five on the second Gorge Spawn and a scout hitting him with a bat repeatedly. i cant find it and its driving me mad as its one of my favourite tf2 videos

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think there's a new exploit out there bombing servers. I had two rounds today where the server started lagging heavily, like snapping you back to where you were a few seconds ago, then the whole server went down. Either that or Valve is Valve.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Apparently there are lag bots now. I haven’t experienced on put a discord server I’m in has been complaining about then. I’ve been seeing a lot more hackers lately on NA east coast than I ever have before. They are pretty obvious spin bots and leave the second anyone vote kicks.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Yea, I was in a game with a lag bot today. The Steam discussions are blowing up about them so I guess they must be pretty common.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
That makes sense, I started having the server explode on one right when someone named [VALVE] and then some racial slurs joined, and it completely crashed when someone initiated a votekick against them.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Baron von Eevl posted:

That makes sense, I started having the server explode on one right when someone named [VALVE] and then some racial slurs joined, and it completely crashed when someone initiated a votekick against them.

Yeah that was the same I had. I think the lag hits regardless of any attempt to kick. I don't think we had a vote going before the game lagged so hard that you couldn't even initiate one. Not totally sure, but I think in my case they stayed on the spectator "team" as well.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
and here I was hoping the game was dead enough that people would stop pulling that bullshit

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Baron von Eevl posted:

There are these, regular aimbots. and I also had one doing micspam that would use the vote kicks to instantly kick someone out.

Before I noticed it would only happen really late at night, but it's gotten to be an all hours thing so matchmaking is pretty much unusable at the moment.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

flatluigi posted:

and here I was hoping the game was dead enough that people would stop pulling that bullshit
If anything it's more likely to happen the deader a game is. It reminds me of the story about the single guy who made Titanfall 1 literally unplayable

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
I'm still playing this game after 13 years. I may have a problem.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

I think there's a new exploit out there bombing servers. I had two rounds today where the server started lagging heavily, like snapping you back to where you were a few seconds ago, then the whole server went down. Either that or Valve is Valve.

I came here to post exactly this. I haven't played TF2 in more than a year and now that I have the time this poo poo happens :sigh:

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Had two times today where my connection timed out without noticing any suspicious players joining or anything. Not sure if the bots are getting more efficient or if it's just Valve being a shambles.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
Yeah I’m playing on creators.tf right now because of the bot situation. It sucks that this had been going on for months in the EU and now it’s hitting NA. Valve and Vac is pretty crappy in that regard.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Yeah I’m playing on creators.tf right now because of the bot situation.

I gave this a try and I have to say I'm astonished that the quality level with regards to "people talking" was actually worse than in casual matchmaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Galaxander posted:

I gave this a try and I have to say I'm astonished that the quality level with regards to "people talking" was actually worse than in casual matchmaking.

Oh the quality of the server is basically casual with mic spam. But there are limited hackers so that’s all I’m looking for.