Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DorkBot3000
Nov 3, 2012

jackhunter64 posted:

Updated again while howling and gibbering at how much manual labour I'm going to end up doing tomorrow

Thank you for your service, goonsir

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

Waiting for the commercial which depicts the non-preteen girl audience; i.e. goony rear end adults staring dejectedly at a TV at 3am trying to get the tiling of their pathways just right.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Raccoon Goons... :ohdear:

They're just checking up on their...investment.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

broken pixel posted:

Excuse me—tell that to Tom Nook. :colbert:

Here it is: raccoongoonsgangtag_final final update copy 2 desaturatedgrass.png

Oh and before I forget, thanks to everyone involved, especially broken pixel and mutata for putting all the versions together, I can't believe how awesome it's gonna be :kimchi:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Oh and before I forget, thanks to everyone involved, especially broken pixel and mutata for putting all the versions together, I can't believe how awesome it's gonna be :kimchi:

Seriously, thank you so much!

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
Cant wait to be a Raccoon Goon.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

broken pixel posted:

I love it. Mods??

edit: racc city bitch racc racc city bitch

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Captain Hygiene posted:

Nthed. I've been almost as hype for this as I have been for the game itself! :glomp:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
My Moe card hookup fell through thanks to ebay refusing to load the page to let me pay for it. I looked it up and it's apparently been a constant issue for the last 3 or so years. It's a real shame. Ill have to get him the old way!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I wonder if you can make it so every player in a town can places furniture in each other's houses.

Would be cool to technically own multiple houses for different themes.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

he should be holding a crowbar instead of a flag imo

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Electric Phantasm posted:

The Raccoon Goons... :ohdear:

I just realized I want one of those shirts so much. Nintendo leaving money on the table if they don't make a Nook tropical shirt!

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I don't think there's anything that I'd restart my town for, but I will ruin any number of villagers' lives with neglect and/or net-based abuse to make room for my boy Pudge.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is abusing/ignoring your villagers even a guaranteed way to get them to leave?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Internet Kraken posted:

I wonder if you can make it so every player in a town can places furniture in each other's houses.

Would be cool to technically own multiple houses for different themes.

If nothing else it should be somewhat easier now with the local play feature. Just call them up and make them the leader and hopefully access to their house.

Gonna try 2c1p and see if I can do anything cool.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

broken pixel posted:

:perfect:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

The passport screenshots so far have had "Resident Rep" as a badge on it - is this a one player only thing like being Mayor was in New Leaf or will all the players on the console have it?

e: I'm also really hoping that grass degradation isn't in this one. Such a garbage idea.

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 8, 2020

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

broken pixel posted:

This is perfection. Start handing out the baseball bats.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Finally a reason to dust off the switch. Looking forward to this game and having a hobby other than spreadsheets.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

BombermanX posted:

Finally a reason to dust off the switch. Looking forward to this game and having a hobby other than spreadsheets.

So.....about breaking into uber HQ just to park your car.......

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Kaethela posted:

The passport screenshots so far have had "Resident Rep" as a badge on it - is this a one player only thing like being Mayor was in New Leaf or will all the players on the console have it?

e: I'm also really hoping that grass degradation isn't in this one. Such a garbage idea.

Grass degradation being in really wouldn't matter given we can create grass at will with terraforming.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Internet Kraken posted:

Is abusing/ignoring your villagers even a guaranteed way to get them to leave?

Hell if I know. Feels good to act like I'm accomplishing what I want, though.

Step 3 is burying garbage on their lawn.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Shoehead posted:

My Moe card hookup fell through thanks to ebay refusing to load the page to let me pay for it. I looked it up and it's apparently been a constant issue for the last 3 or so years. It's a real shame. Ill have to get him the old way!

Not being able to get a Cherry card for a decent price is what lead me to the darkside.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
One of my favorite updates is that running over flowers doesn't destroy them. The bulbs get smashed but they grow back. Hated walking through flowers out of fear of losing them.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://twitter.com/vibrantrida/status/1235316405244960770

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho

Captain Monkey posted:

racc city bitch racc racc city bitch

https://youtu.be/sxN-nGw18Jo?t=73

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

:hellyeah:
I was hoping somebody would make a mod replacing Doom Guy on the health meter but this goes the extra mile

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA2X9Uz8lf0

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Can any avatar smiths in the thread make some avatars from this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXROyJhan6A

Particularly Doomguy fishing, but also Isabelle firing the plasma gun.

I had a go at it and got close, but I know nothing about gif optimization.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Kalsco posted:

Waiting for the commercial which depicts the non-preteen girl audience; i.e. goony rear end adults staring dejectedly at a TV at 3am trying to get the tiling of their pathways just right.

Lol, they'll buy it regardless, no point in wasting advertising bucks.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

https://twitter.com/ACPocketNews/status/1236487064541110272?s=19

Apparently some folks have had luck placing online orders from their local Walmart and their orders are ready for pick up early.

It's so pretty.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Protip posted:

Apparently some folks have had luck placing online orders from their local Walmart and their orders are ready for pick up early.

It's so pretty.

If people are unaware you can buy the AC joycons + dock separately on the Nintendo of Japan store. (Rather than having to buy a whole new Switch)

Kotaku has a good guide on how to import if you're interested
https://kotaku.com/how-to-buy-the-animal-crossing-switch-parts-separately-1841476810

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Protip posted:

It's so pretty.

If I weren't about to try to buy a Valve Index I would be tempted, that's the first special Switch so far I've really wanted.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

:bisonyes:

edit: https://soundcloud.com/rainbow-pancake/reset-city-20

Yngwie Mangosteen fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Mar 8, 2020

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Captain Hygiene posted:

:unsmith: Thanks, everyone—and thanks especially to mutata for the final look! You're the MVP.

I had a great time playing with goons during New Leaf (turnip market too good) and I'm happy to be a part of this game that I am so extremely hyped for. Animal Crossing as a series was there for me during some tough times, and it feels good to get to know other people who love it.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Heck yeah! Good collab. Cute game of friends gets gang tag designed by friends!

Sir Simon Milligan
Mar 27, 2003

Yes, I have walked along the path of evil many times, it's a twisting curving path, that actually leads to a charming block garden, but beyond that evil!

Protip posted:

It's so pretty.

Thank you for this post, wouldn’t have thought of that. Going to get my switch at noon tomorrow now, got my order in!

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Sir Simon Milligan posted:

Thank you for this post, wouldn’t have thought of that. Going to get my switch at noon tomorrow now, got my order in!

Did you get an order in before today? I was wondering if it was worth going to my local Walmart to see if I could do something. If not, I have friend at the nearest Best Buy that says there'll be some in stock when it launches.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Sir Simon Milligan posted:

Awesome, congrats! While I have an original switch I couldn't help but look up the local stock near me. The site did list 4 at one nearby and said pre-ordering was available but there didn't seem to be an actual buy button available. Maybe the 4 were already spoken for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

That's a nice island you got there (I drew some raccoon goons)