Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

500excf type r posted:

Yes, it means shoes you wear in your house, eg slippers.

Does that really refer to slippers, too? When americans talk about house shoes I always imagined them coming back home and changing into a different pair of nikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
When one culture adopts a good idea from another it’s literally a hate crime you guys

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Are (some of) you guys really getting funny about...slippers? Really?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/CF_Farrow/status/1235228121726582785?s=19

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

goblin week posted:

Does that really refer to slippers, too? When americans talk about house shoes I always imagined them coming back home and changing into a different pair of nikes

it really refers to slippers, i assure you as an American ok. my own personal house shoes are a pair of moccasin-style fleece-lined slippers.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

goblin week posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48V3umFBZsw

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Signs you just might be homophobic

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

Mindless posted:

Signs you just might be homophobic

Not even, TERF.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Boywhiz88 posted:

Not even, TERF.

TERFs are homophobes too, but transpeople are just the easier
and more acceptable target for now.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Screaming Idiot posted:

TERFs are homophobes too, but transpeople are just the easier
and more acceptable target for now.

Yeah, once in a while the "I'm not a homophobe!"-mask will slip and they will target butch lesbians, bisexuals or anyone that's not straight.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

there wolf posted:

Both those revolutions and the enlightenment era in general incited thought about women's liberation, which men then had to scramble to put down. And it seems from clicking through that that is what they are ineptly referring to. Revolutions that preached egalitarian ideals and ran off women's labor and activism, but then handed most of the benefits to men even up to having a reactionary crackdown on women's rights afterwords.

The French Revolution started in the bread riots which was mainly instigated by French housewives

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

goblin week posted:

It refers to shoes you wear in your house. Most people wear slippers probably but they are not the exclusive indoor footwear.

The most common time to hear the term is when a young person wears shoes an old person does not approve of to work and the boomer bitches about it for years after the young person moved on

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I wear steel toe capped boots in bed.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/flowerharmony/status/1236653006885720065?s=21

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Desperado Bones posted:

Yeah, once in a while the "I'm not a homophobe!"-mask will slip and they will target butch lesbians, bisexuals or anyone that's not straight.

Not that there aren't a bunch of queer folks who are also TERFs, but they're homophobes for the same reason Ben Shapiro is a Nazi sympathizer despite being ostensibly Jewish.

Queer TERFs are especially infuriating because they're next in line at the chopping block if they have their way.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

I know Poe’s law and everything but there’s no way anyone could seriously be this bad at logic right?

I am a person
I am not a TERF
Therefore, TERFS are not people

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Has anyone else mentioned that idiot streamer that shot his desk was all so drinking booze out of the shoe?

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

letthereberock posted:

I know Poe’s law and everything but there’s no way anyone could seriously be this bad at logic right?

I am a person
I am not a TERF
Therefore, TERFS are not people

These are the same people who say "I don't use pronouns."

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Roblo posted:

Are (some of) you guys really getting funny about...slippers? Really?

This is the hill I always planned to die on. Viva ls slipper revolution! And gently caress terf scum. Obviously.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Brute Hole Force posted:

Has anyone else mentioned that idiot streamer that shot his desk was all so drinking booze out of the shoe?

Was it Bailey's?

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Brute Hole Force posted:

He got banned from Twitch for it and the related tweet thread had half the comment section go "Well if it was *random girl streamer* that did it they would never have banned her!"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Katt posted:

He got banned from Twitch for it and the related tweet thread had half the comment section go "Well if it was *random girl streamer* that did it they would never have banned her!"

Unless Kaitlin Bennett joins twitch I don't think any of the random girl streamers would be loving around with a loaded gun on camera.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
There was that prank vid where a girl murdered her husband because she underestimated the piercing power of a bullet

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

There was that prank vid where a girl murdered her husband because she underestimated the piercing power of a bullet

Was that the one where they'd done a test run with a .22, then used a .50AE for the actual video?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yes Virginia, you are the rear end in a top hat.

https://twitter.com/AITA_reddit/status/1236636713059069953?s=20

Can you imagine going tens of thousands into debt to pursue your dream and this is your writing instructor? "I've always had an Infinity for storytelling. "

Edit: he's not the instructor, he's a classmate.

Air Skwirl has a new favorite as of 19:09 on Mar 8, 2020

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Sunswipe posted:

Was that the one where they'd done a test run with a .22, then used a .50AE for the actual video?

IIRC the issue was they shot an unrestrained book or whatever it was and it didn't pierce all the way so of course they then did it while he was holding it still and it shot right through

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

CharlestheHammer posted:

Maybe I'm wildly misremembering it but everything I read said that he'd basically abused her and forced her to do it for the video even though she repeatedly begged him not to.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Can you imagine going tens of thousands into debt to pursue your dream and this is your writing instructor? "I've always had an Infinity for storytelling. "

I've had creative writing classes with this sort of guy and it absolutely sucks. There's always one person in the room who is there to show off, not to get better.

Also, bonus for making GBS threads on the poets.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Vib Rib posted:

Maybe I'm wildly misremembering it but everything I read said that he'd basically abused her and forced her to do it for the video even though she repeatedly begged him not to.

This.
She didn't want to do it, and he brow beat her into it. They HAD tested it with a different caliber, but jumped to 50 AE.
I don't recall if it was a phone book, or a big rear end text book, but either way, it was a bad call.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

This.
She didn't want to do it, and he brow beat her into it. They HAD tested it with a different caliber, but jumped to 50 AE.
I don't recall if it was a phone book, or a big rear end text book, but either way, it was a bad call.

If he was as big of an rear end in a top hat as he sounds like i'd argue she made the right call.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Skwirl posted:

If he was as big of an rear end in a top hat as he sounds like i'd argue she made the right call.
I mean I get the angle of fighting back against an abuser but also being forced, in tears, to murder someone, is probably not what you want.

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Idiots on Social Media: I’ve Always Had an Infinity for Cunnilingus Descriptions

letthereberock has a new favorite as of 19:57 on Mar 8, 2020

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/srtrc_england/status/1236243572300681223?s=21

Showing racism the red card by *checks notes* baiting the Jewish community.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

TinTower posted:

what exactly did ken loach do

E: did you develop a sudden interest in anti-racist groups before or after getting run out of ukmt for racism?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Most recently? Supporting a (now ex-)MP who was suspended the Labour Party for saying that Labour were “too apologetic about anti-Semitism”.

He’s been pretty dodgy since Perdition in the late 80s, though.

Annabel Pee
Dec 29, 2008
Labour have been too apologetic about anti-semitism though, because they aren't anti-semetic.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

TinTower posted:

Most recently? Supporting a (now ex-)MP who was suspended the Labour Party for saying that Labour were “too apologetic about anti-Semitism”.

He’s been pretty dodgy since Perdition in the late 80s, though.

Now do the other one

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Continuity RCP posted:

E: did you develop a sudden interest in anti-racist groups before or after getting run out of ukmt for racism?
TinTower is a libdem true believer and ardent campaigner against antisemitism for at least as long as it's been used as a stick to beat labour with :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

TinTower posted:

"Coconut"