Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I question just how long the corpse thing will hold up once it goes live. If I were a betting man I'm expecting them to reverse it within two weeks.

I'm also curious as to just how far things scale. Once I got into the groove of things A8 T16 maps weren't so bad with a very few exceptions, so I'm interested to see how they handle doing Delirium mode in those.

Big fan of the need to scale a build though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

One of the notes from Baeclast mentioned making brands into their own archetype - intriguing since storm brand is already kind of its own thing. I ain’t complaining, though, cause it’s my favorite skill. Just hope it doesn’t get nerfed again somehow :v:

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007

Vasudus posted:

I'm also curious as to just how far things scale. Once I got into the groove of things A8 T16 maps weren't so bad with a very few exceptions, so I'm interested to see how they handle doing Delirium mode in those.

Yea, I've had a hard time deciding on a build for the league but that's more wanting a starter build that can progress easily into A6 T16 Delirium. I don't think many builds will have an issue once they have had solid investment into gear and dps, especially since it sounds like the league is tuned more towards monster HP than it is to monster damage. But outside of a couple very boring options that I have played recently(impale cyclone, summoner and miner), the pickings are slim for high dps high clearspeed builds that don't need real gear.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Cinara posted:

The issue with Mana Guardian is that they have enough dps for all the content, but do not have to invest anything into getting that damage. You're essentially building an entire character of defenses and get hard carried by how little investment minions need to complete the game. That's obviously bad design it was only a matter of time.

I mean, GGG already said they liked the whole "no investment" way that Hoag turned out, where it could work entirely with defensive nodes. I think it's important to give people a decent baseline to compete all the content without having to quit their 9 to 5.

If they're gonna nerf Geoffri's then that screws my STR stacking Chieftain (rather, all of them). It sucks that a non-minion build like that has to suffer.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I just hope that the buffs to Animate Weapon are enough to offset the nerfs to summoners, because I am still doing it even if it's horrible!!!

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

i'm more curious if those Baran casters that one-shot me spam the death skills enough to make em good spectres

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1236769192822460416

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

no legion, no nemesis, blight expensive as poo poo. pretty big yawn from me. league seems like it will be juicy enough without insane zana mods though

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
"I bricked my Zana by getting Perandus in the random pool. I need a vendor recipe to have Zana unlearn Perandus or I have to delete my account." - Reddit, probably

ubachung
Jul 30, 2006
I wonder if abyss will have a higher relative value this league. With the potential for extra jewel slots on the tree there might be more demand for abyss jewels.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Does Blight mean its a Blight map, or does it mean you will see a normal Cassia encounter?

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

It's just a guaranteed Cassia encounter

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

those arent awesome but i guess ill abyss every map, i like abyss. Cyclone league starter looking good so far. Though i do love brands, maybe ill see if i can find a starter that can scale into endgame. storm brand owns.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

my league starter does blight pretty well so thats good news

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Social Media posted:

no legion, no nemesis, blight expensive as poo poo. pretty big yawn from me. league seems like it will be juicy enough without insane zana mods though

That Blight mod would be a great bargain at 8c except it feels like I have to run like 20 loving blights before I see a Blighted Map drop. If they made it like 1 in 5 it would actually be worthwhile.

Still, if you get 2 stacked decks from the Blight (not as hard to do) you've made your money back.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wilekat posted:

It's just a guaranteed Cassia encounter

Ah well I guess that makes sense. This is as close to Master Cassia as GGG is going to give me without nerfing how awesome Blight drops are, so I guess I'll take it. 8 Chaos is quite steep though, and it doesn't work with Delirium.......

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
You can probably just run the delirium, then come back and talk to cassia.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Blight works with Delirium IIRC, it's just Blighted maps themselves that do not.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

In the context of Delirium, Abyss for 2c is probably actually pretty good. Abyss spawns a fair lump of monsters, so adding them for 2c seems like a pretty good deal.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

and since this is wander league maybe abyss jewels will be valuable again

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Abyss jewels will never be valuable again, they both got nerfed too much and it's too easy to get high ilvl ones compared to in the past when they had value. Very early in the league you can get a few chaos for the high ilvl ones if you're ahead of the pack, but it's never going to be a real money maker like when i85 Searching Eyes were 15-25c.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
challenge rewards up https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2783572

https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1236791964659412994

Looks like 36 it is

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
All those things look bad but I'll do it for the nerd totem regardless.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:(
Aww I thought they would give out the mirror of Delirium portal effect

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's hard enough trying to get through doorways in this game, good luck with those wings strapped to your back.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Horns good, cloak good, holy gently caress those wings are too big.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

No anarchy :worship:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I'm just gonna Fortune favors the brave every time and hope it doesn't roll perandus

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Papercut posted:

I'm just gonna Fortune favors the brave every time and hope it doesn't roll perandus

Unless I'm going for some challenge, I always FFTB

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Looks like I need 0/40 to get the MTX I want this league, so that’s a relief

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So if the league always has different map mods, what mods are available in Standard? all of them? or none of them?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Same as league.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Zana mods you mean? The current zana mods are the same across all leagues, including standard.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Rutibex posted:

:(
Aww I thought they would give out the mirror of Delirium portal effect

:emptyquote:

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
As per tradition, someone please tell me a fantastically stupid build for me to do as a league starter.

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Mana stacking Storm Brand Hierophant
Dual 6 link, EK/Bladefall and a trigger socketed spell bow/staff w/ Blade Burst
Poet's Pen Spellslinger with literally anything

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

Elentor posted:

As per tradition, someone please tell me a fantastically stupid build for me to do as a league starter.

Sire of Shards Spectral Throw Cast on Crit Discharge Impale

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Cinara posted:

Poet's Pen Spellslinger with literally anything

Oh poo poo I forgot about Poet's Pens

Kevos Setzer
Dec 1, 2004

I can transform, right?

Lechtansi posted:

Sire of Shards Spectral Throw Cast on Crit Discharge Impale

With the item that casts nova skills at range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

It's cowboy wand league, folks, that's all there is to it.