Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh cool they got God of High School too.

I hope the fights are animated well because that's like 99% of the appeal there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
Holy poo poo I cannot wait. Pleaaaaaase be adequately done.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 218 days!

Brought To You By posted:

Ironically, while I think the quality of the characters and animation is not great, it works well for how ToG started out. Couldn't help but notice the already annoying added details like that one regular with the rifle pointing it at Leroro. There was one guy who had the stones to shittalk a ranker at that time but everyone very consistently terrified of him. I wish studios wouldn't add scenes like this

I'm reminded of the real reason "rankers" (nobles) were able to have their duels in the middle of armies of people armed with bows: there were plenty of stories of what happened if some peasant shot an important noble, and it wasn't a hero's fete.

(One example is the very clearly mythologized death of King Richard in the Crusades, where Richard and Saladin get on just fine and some poor Muslim dude gets killed for taking a clear shot at the guy invading his people's land).

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

All that's missing is the ring.

Dante80 posted:

Looks somewhat promising. Do we know the studio?

Animation is middling, artwork and lines are chunky but fit SIUs theme well. T'would be fun to see since it's been quite some time since I read this from the start.

The first trailer music reminded me in the start of the Min'yō masterpieces in GITS 1/2.

The same studio subsidiary that did those recent Lupin parts. So it has kind of a scratchy and stiff quality to it but it's highly stylized and more actiony scenes are good looking.

And yeah I think it actually kind of fits that rawness of SIU's early work. Hopefully it carries over well.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm just glad everybody loves Rak Wraithraiser just as much as I do.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

WE GOT ANOTHER ONE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT1KT8skP5c

yessss set it up crunchy roll, make it hurt as much as possible

Mr.Unique-Name
Jul 5, 2002

Gologle posted:

I'm just glad everybody loves Rak Wraithraiser just as much as I do.

Anybody that doesn't love Rak is a monster to the degree that they probably recognize how broken they are and choose to hide it.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-51/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=469

Time to bet on how many people show up. I'm betting on everyone.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Pretty strong Marineford vibes from this lead in.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Cant believe all those regulars are dead

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Tipme posted:

Cant believe all those regulars are dead

I can't believe the test ranker apparently doesn't follow the news

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Everything is happening. Maybe we’ll even have early arc characters like when Baam was Viole Grace show up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i can't wait to see what baam can do with both thorns out. I assume he'll instantly be high ranker level when he's got all 4

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Yeah the fact that Baam beat the ranker and did it without using literally any of his power ups is a pretty big deal. No Thyrssa horns, no transformation sword, no thorns, no shoving a sword in his gut. Just straight up 1v1'd him with his own strength. We already know he, when going nearly all out, could hurt Kallavan. But that was a giant charged laser while Kallavan let him go for it.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Baam is rapidly approaching high ranker status as it is. Note that him fighting the ranking bureau guy he apparently spent the time learning and further mastering his opponents abilities, while using zero of his arsenal of powerups.

Kefahuchi_son!!!
Apr 23, 2015
SIU you bastard, i give up!!
I’ll buy the fast pass

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

KittyEmpress posted:

Baam is rapidly approaching high ranker status as it is. Note that him fighting the ranking bureau guy he apparently spent the time learning and further mastering his opponents abilities, while using zero of his arsenal of powerups.

At the end of the day, even without all the powerups that have landed in his lap, Baam is an extremely talented person who has gone through more intense and curated training than basically anyone in tower history. He's the son of two family heads which is, like, the ideal OP power combo (Adori is the same). And instead of climbing like normal he took multiple training pitstops with two top 100 Rankers in Evankhell and Jinsung.

Only Urek has shown more absurdity in climbing the tower (Matching/exceeding Arie before finishing his climb) so far.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

He's also been fighting a bunch of highly rated regulars all through his climb and has fought with other rankers at times. Dude's got a lot of experience to draw on on top of his supernatural ability to absorb powers and tactics.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Just read the latest (non fast pass) chapter. Hype levels reaching critical mass.

Sindai posted:

Time to bet on how many people show up. I'm betting on everyone.

Same. I'm personally hoping for Wolhaiksong to make another appearance. I feel like it's a safe bet that Yuri will probably show up again.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
New chapter!

God drat that's how you make an entrance. With the anime coming soon, ToG is delivering everything I could possibly ask for!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I love how Jahad's army just keeps owning itself.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yes yes yesss :black101:

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

drat, haven't been this hype for anything TOG related in a while!

The art and perspectives in this chapter were fantastic.

Whoever made the analogy to Marineford was spot on, we can only hope Urek shows up too (but maybe that's too much help for baam)

Whitest Russian
Nov 23, 2013
New Chapter

I wonder how many more Canine People are going to die.

Whitest Russian fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 16, 2020

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
They're all very good boys and girls and they deserve their revenge.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Go sit in the corner Charlie, the adults are talking.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I admire the Lo Po Bia's dedication to their gimmick. It's not enough to tame powerful animals and fight alongside them, you have to dress like one too.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Being on theme is very important. How else will someone recognize you as nobility?

edit: also new character trailer, we get to hear some voice acting, as well as a glimpse of everyone's favorite sleepy boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvk-o7GnWtk

Also they're literally translating Baam's name into the Japanese word for Night ("yoru") so that's gonna be weird to get used to.

Really digging the Kevin Penkins soundtrack bits we've gotten. The big, orchestral sounds really fit the ambitious scale of ToG, I think.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 17, 2020

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The quality of animation kinda varies across the trailer.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Being on theme is very important. How else will someone recognize you as nobility?

edit: also new character trailer, we get to hear some voice acting, as well as a glimpse of everyone's favorite sleepy boy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvk-o7GnWtk

Also they're literally translating Baam's name into the Japanese word for Night ("yoru") so that's gonna be weird to get used to.

Really digging the Kevin Penkins soundtrack bits we've gotten. The big, orchestral sounds really fit the ambitious scale of ToG, I think.

I hadn’t even thought about the fact that we are getting the English translation of a Japanese adaptation of a South Korean work. I’m excited to see the conflicts between crazy Japanese localization decisions and the official webcomic translations.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

ZAHJAHARAZAD

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
Things are going down.

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-3-ep-54/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=472

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Kind of figured the Lo Po Bia's did something terrible to the Canine people to predicate the whole slavery power thing. Lines up with the hatred and fear. Hopefully Yama gets his shot at revenge.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

Here's the Crunchyroll breakdown page in case anyone was wondering how they'd...classify? describe? Everything: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...er-showpage_tog

All the voice talent info in one place. Some well known ones in there.

Bonus SIU drawing himself as a turtle.

Two Tone Shoes fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Mar 25, 2020

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

I'm much less excited for the anime than I thought I'd be... I'll try to reserve judgment until it comes out though.

As for the most recent chapter I love the bit at the end where White implies Khun being a monster. He did that recently with Baam too. Something about someone as blatantly evil as White calling our protagonists monsters gives me chills.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Baam is a monster, just a kind hearted one. He can absorb and actually neutralize shinsu in an area, the stuff high-powered individuals have grown to depend on for living.

Khun is a monster with a strong sense of loyalty towards Baam. If he didn't have Baam to keep him on the good side, his scheming would be up there with the rest of the wicked bastards in the tower.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I'm pretty sure when he says monster he means morally since he's helping White steal souls and not in the Baam is a super being sort of way.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Two Tone Shoes posted:

Here's the Crunchyroll breakdown page in case anyone was wondering how they'd...classify? describe? Everything: https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...er-showpage_tog

All the voice talent info in one place. Some well known ones in there.

Bonus SIU drawing himself as a turtle.

All Might as Rak seems pretty great...

BAKUGOU as Khun... well that will be very different I'm sure.

Two Tone Shoes
Jan 2, 2009

nimby posted:

Baam is a monster, just a kind hearted one. He can absorb and actually neutralize shinsu in an area, the stuff high-powered individuals have grown to depend on for living.

Khun is a monster with a strong sense of loyalty towards Baam. If he didn't have Baam to keep him on the good side, his scheming would be up there with the rest of the wicked bastards in the tower.

Eh, Khun was still going along with the power of friendship even when he thought Baam was dead.

He's just a near sociopathic manipulative monster towards out and out enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Yeah Khun strikes me as very mafioso in that he treats his friends and allies like family and is willing to sacrifice for them but anyone and mostly everyone else is an enemy or a means to some end.