Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Bethamphetamine posted:

At how many US companies would it be possible to quickly convert their payroll system to give quarantined or sick employees paid time off to non-salaried employees?

Ahahaha are you from Europe or just a dumb optimist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bethamphetamine posted:

At how many US companies would it be possible to quickly convert their payroll system to give quarantined or sick employees paid time off to non-salaried employees?

years

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 365 days!

Bethamphetamine posted:

I'm not sure I understand. This approach wouldnt generate revenue?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

you have to keep your nose clean

we need your posting for the Biden Days ahead

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

i love "trump"!

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/yumcoconutmilk/status/1236821555092623361

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

https://twitter.com/HBODocs/status/1236781239593467905

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

2DCAT posted:

The Coronavirus cruise poo poo outside Oakland is blowing its horn like crazy now... Can hear it from here

we killed all travel between offices and I'm party of an emergency disaster plan meeting Monday, which is LOL cause LOL you stupid fucks. and then it came up we have an emergency plan, just not a pandemic one, so now one has to happen. and due to Navy USAID DoS they think I know something about all this, and the loving MBAs came up with "buy more laptops and servers now before prices go up cause profits", and my genius idea of "why not just telework" was shot down and I need to come up with a way to prove people are working.

it's too loving funny "you did that Navy thing and you did aid work in Africa, how do we deal with this" "I don't know that's above my pay grade, but for starters work from home" "stop stop stop right there, how will we know they are working and not goofing off"

the world is run by loving morons, but hey, I got a white listed budget which never happens so time to fix all the crap that I needed to fix

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Joementum posted:

the correct monetary response here would be for the US government to issue a shitload of bonds and just give the money as a subsidy to have people stay home from work

of course, Trump won't do that (and a Democrat wouldn't either)

People would rather the economy implode and everyone dies of coronavirus than a single dollar go to *those people*.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MysteriousStranger posted:

we killed all travel between offices and I'm party of an emergency disaster plan meeting Monday, which is LOL cause LOL you stupid fucks. and then it came up we have an emergency plan, just not a pandemic one, so now one has to happen. and due to Navy USAID DoS they think I know something about all this, and the loving MBAs came up with "buy more laptops and servers now before prices go up cause profits", and my genius idea of "why not just telework" was shot down and I need to come up with a way to prove people are working.

it's too loving funny "you did that Navy thing and you did aid work in Africa, how do we deal with this" "I don't know that's above my pay grade, but for starters work from home" "stop stop stop right there, how will we know they are working and not goofing off"

the world is run by loving morons, but hey, I got a white listed budget which never happens so time to fix all the crap that I needed to fix

we sent someone home on friday for having a sore throat, but telework is dead simple where I work since there are a lot of remote employees and everyone in management is like if you have a fever, sore throat or hacking cough stay that gently caress home, we'll mail you a headset and a webcam if you need it.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

https://twitter.com/DrPaulGosar/status/1236821136878403585

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

D1E posted:

Ahahaha are you from Europe or just a dumb optimist?

I'm a dumb american cynic with no experience in payroll or accounting, and yet even I had the gut feeling that this 'ideas guy' magic was laugh-in-your-face funny.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Install software on all the computers of employees working from home that logs every mouse click and key typed and takes pictures using their webcam every five minutes to make sure they're present and working. If they don't meet requisite standards don't pay them for that hour of work.

Are you new to corporate America or something? How do you not know this?

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

is there some mutation to the chronovirus that would cause it to specifically infect computer users and save the rest of us?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
- SNL makes a "maybe it's brain disease" reference to tromp to massive resistance laughter and cheers
- The world questions Biden's similarly deteriorating cognitive decline and the resistance crowd loudly hiss and boo

Just... lmao

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

lmbo

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

If we just let people work from home they might start to think that they are real people with human rights. Better to have them keep coming into the office until we can figure out some way to ram the panopticon deep into their private lives.

*two weeks time* Help all our staff have coronavirus! Who can we blame for this!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

DryGoods posted:

is there some mutation to the chronovirus that would cause it to specifically infect computer users and save the rest of us?

we all are naturally self quarentining, unless it somehow got into the hot pocket and/or pizza rolls supplies

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Lorenzo & Sons?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

best part is you know that if poo poo ever goes down and the government collapses like its 1793 and the mobs are at the gate. Junior will be loving crying and screaming for daddy and talking about friends in the capital and blubbering out his account numbers. god i hate these toxic fucks. your "tough guy" bullshit doesnt hide your true nature rear end in a top hat.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

C-Euro posted:

Lorenzo & Sons?

yeah

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

which one o fyou is htis

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
lol that smarxist missed the great day of reckoning

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

ArmZ posted:

which one o fyou is htis

praxis

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

ArmZ posted:

which one o fyou is htis

lmao

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Joementum posted:

fun times ahead this year for my parents: die of covid-19 now or check out what just happened to their retirement fund

If we can't stop the pandemic then COVID-19 will probably come back again year after year. Like the flu but extra deadly to olds.

We'll probably live long enough to die from it ourselves.

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Everyone Dies

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Bethamphetamine posted:

Why would you pay them to stay home doing nothing when you could just fire them for not coming into work and save a bundle on your insurance?

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

love these racist fucks tryin to rebrand it the “Wuhan Virus”

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

:getin:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Hillary 2020 posted:

If we can't stop the pandemic then COVID-19 will probably come back again year after year. Like the flu but extra deadly to olds.

We'll probably live long enough to die from it ourselves.

this isn't a big deal after this year since many people will have developed immunity and there will (probably) be a vaccine next year

the big issue is this year when nobody is immune and there's no vaccine

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i wish paul gosar would self guillotine

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
good thing i licked everything in sight at 30th street station and the wells fargo center this weekend, if i get this poo poo, im gunna get a bed before they are all taken

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Hell yeah brother, I had a slice from there this afternoon.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Plinkey posted:

good thing i licked everything in sight at 30th street station and the wells fargo center this weekend, if i get this poo poo, im gunna get a bed before they are all taken

it OWNS that this is 100% rational behavior

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

C-Euro posted:

Hell yeah brother, I had a slice from there this afternoon.

noice, me and my buddies got an air bnb on 13th street south for the weekend i am just now recovering