Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
i've decided i want Mayu to lose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Chris James 2 posted:

Dang I wish I were awake to see more of these STARDOM shows live

I think this is the second time they've ever done a STARDOM show live. First one was a complete disaster production wise, but this one is really good.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

it's a murder now

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Killed her with that pile driver Jesus

Fun show

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Lid posted:

i've decided i want Mayu to lose

banned from the thread

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

somewhere out there, there's footage of Mayu assembling furniture and its brilliant.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
lol at Mayu calling out to the non-existent audience and Liger yelling back

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Just a reminder for those interested in watching more of this and haven't seen STARDOM before, they have a streaming service you can subscribe to for roughly $9 a month. They rebooted the service somewhat recently so a large majority of the back catalog is missing. But they generally get 1-2 matches out a day, and provide subtitles for promos and backstage interviews.

However, just like NJPW World, they charge you at the beginning of every month, no matter when you subscribed.

https://www.stardom-world.com/

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tapemachines/status/1236507503548121090

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1236510921679351810

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am already extremely delighted by the TJPW show

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The Sendai Girls show was great today. Syuri vs Chihiro Hashimoto was spectacular. There was a pro test today and that poo poo was brutal. Girl had to neck bridge for a minute with another wrestler sitting on her. She ended up passing though.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TJPW was the exact sort of chaos you'd expect for both TJPW and a dojo show. The 3-way match had DQ rules sent in by twitter that none of the wrestlers knew about until after they were DQed

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1236558606201262081?s=19

This seems to imply that Arisa was sick and not injured

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Continuity from last week:

Match 1: Itoh goes for the corner chant, gets no response, melts down
Match 2: Itoh goes for the corner chant, responds to herself in a low voice, finishes it

This week:

https://twitter.com/tde_wrestling/status/1236535206464630784

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

been laughing at this since last night

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Liger was probably the single greatest thing about the Stardom show last night. Between him marking the hell out on commentary and being the only person responding to the girls fan interaction spots to the wide shots of only Liger sitting in the audience alone and the dark silhouette of his mask

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

Liger was probably the single greatest thing about the Stardom show last night. Between him marking the hell out on commentary and being the only person responding to the girls fan interaction spots to the wide shots of only Liger sitting in the audience alone and the dark silhouette of his mask

Honestly, having an audience to play to is a super important part of wrestling, and if your audience of one is JUSHIN THUNDER LIGER, that's got be pretty cool.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I'm gonna resubscribe next month that was honestly a fun card. I've missed out on Stardom since about may of last year, what are the bullet points on the main feuds right now? Does giulia still suck? I remember her having good fire but not much else.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I gotta figure out something streamingwise to drop but I'm def gonna watch more Stardom after that card. Everything's changed from the Toni Storm/Io/Kairi era and its cool. I completely missed Ruaka shooting up like a beansprout. Also Natsuko Tora swapped out her exhausted genie gimmick for spicy hot pirate babe. Kaori Yoneyama's new gimmick, holy poo poo. The ashes of the Jungle Assault Nation(rip) are fertile indeed.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The rest of the Coming to America TJPW card has been released:

Mizuki vs Natsumi Maki vs Yuki Kamifuku
Nodoka Tenma & Yuki Aino (BAKURETSU Sisters) vs Hyper Misao & Raku
Maki Itoh vs Priscilla Kelly
Konosuke Takeshita vs Yuki Ueno (Men's Special Attraction match)
Rika Tatsumi/Miu Watanabe (C) vs Miyu Yamashita & Hikari Noa (Tag Team Titles)
Thunder Rosa (C) vs Shoko Nakajima (International Princess Championship)
Yuka Sakazaki (C) vs Su Yung (Princess of Princess Championship)

Probably a performance by the UP! UP! Girls (Miu, Raku, & Hikari)

If you're not familiar with the women on the roster, they've done English promos & an English test on the TJPW Twitter account so you can connect names to faces. If you're not sure, just ask :v:

Probably the most well known TJPW on the forum are Maki Itoh (The obscene former pop idol), Miyu Yamashita (The serious-looking pink striker), Yuka Sakazaki & Shoko Nakajima (Via AEW), and Yuki Kamifuku (The girl who poo poo posts in English)

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Mar 10, 2020

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Girl Who Shitposts in English is at least three joshi by now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

TTBF posted:

Girl Who Shitposts in English is at least three joshi by now.
Kamiyu went to High School in America so she's an extra shitposter. Promoting her posters from DDT, she had this to say:

"I forgot pants on this shooting day so I gave up to wear any. lol
and hey this pantie is from Victoria secret.haha please decorate your room with my butt pictures(or others)
i’ll give you special signatures"

She also made a YouTube account for her dog. She also called Maki a giant virgin, got mad about people saying they could see her pubes in a photoshoot because "she has none" and the plz don't speculate, bitch tweet. She's got some all-timers

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

RealFoxy posted:

Kamiyu went to High School in America so she's an extra shitposter. Promoting her posters from DDT, she had this to say:

"I forgot pants on this shooting day so I gave up to wear any. lol
and hey this pantie is from Victoria secret.haha please decorate your room with my butt pictures(or others)
i’ll give you special signatures"

She also made a YouTube account for her dog. She also called Maki a giant virgin, got mad about people saying they could see her pubes in a photoshoot because "she has none" and the plz don't speculate, bitch tweet. She's got some all-timers

The Maki Itoh/Kamiyu friendship is absolutely wonderful.

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1193384696203247616

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Go RV! posted:

The Maki Itoh/Kamiyu friendship is absolutely wonderful.

https://twitter.com/maki_itoh/status/1193384696203247616
https://twitter.com/zacyuki/status/1164184656771600384

The TJP roster has also become so stir crazy because of the Dojo shows and it's amazing.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Miyu Yamashita is one of my faves because she looks like she woke up, beat someone up, ate breakfast, beat up someone else, check the mail, beat up the letter carrier, went to the office, beat up her boss, went to wrestling training, beat up several young boys, wrestled a match, fist fight in the parking lot for a cooldown.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

coconono posted:

Miyu Yamashita is one of my faves because she looks like she woke up, beat someone up, ate breakfast, beat up someone else, check the mail, beat up the letter carrier, went to the office, beat up her boss, went to wrestling training, beat up several young boys, wrestled a match, fist fight in the parking lot for a cooldown.
She's also probably the biggest loving dork outside of Kayfabe. She's got such bad English and general knowledge of basically anything that isn't kicking that she's on the "Mount Rushmore of Stupid" in TJPW and she's so awkward in person. She was born to kick people and literally has no knowledge of anything else, she's Goku.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The look of joy on her face when it turned out Natsumi Maki is even dumber is one of my favorite moments from that weird AbemaTV show they do sometimes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

The look of joy on her face when it turned out Natsumi Maki is even dumber is one of my favorite moments from that weird AbemaTV show they do sometimes
It was followed up this last week by Natsumi claiming she won the tournament and Mahiro was the "Loser" (Mahiro had the best overall score and Natsumi was the absolute dumbest, failing at geography, history, English, grammar, and basically everything related to intelligence)

Dieno: top score (Japanese Language) was Mahiro with 80%
Natsumi: Wait how? There weren't 80 questions

This isn't kayfabed.

e: the translation thread is here

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 11, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Natsumi's score was so horrific that it vastly overshadowed Miyu and Mizuki, whose scores were merely terrible

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I'm glad that Mahiro has taken being the smartest and turned it into a character, it seemed like she was the rookie who was still just "a wrestler" for the longest time.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

Natsumi's score was so horrific that it vastly overshadowed Miyu and Mizuki, whose scores were merely terrible
I'd be willing to pay big money to have that and 2018's show translated and subtitled because everyone needs to know how bad these girls are at life.

PublicOpinion posted:

I'm glad that Mahiro has taken being the smartest and turned it into a character, it seemed like she was the rookie who was still just "a wrestler" for the longest time.
She didn't catch on like Suzume the Bee Rookie and even Mirai stood out more, but mostly because of her bad volleyball gear but she cemented her place in TJPW by being the least dumb of the 6 or so dumbest on the TJPW roster.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 11, 2020

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I hope the DDT show in Tampa does really well and inspires them to release more translated stuff officially.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Miyu managed to get the name of her own company wrong

https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1237755483185795073

She is also LOOKING FOR GUYS

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

they had to leave the camera unattended because she kept kicking the camera guy

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

That video is funny every time I watch it but at the same time, Miyu is definitely better at translating English than I am translating Japanese

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I wonder if this DDT/TJPW show will happen after all given that air travel is being restricted. EU only at the moment but we do have literal white supremacists calling the shots in the white house.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

I wonder if this DDT/TJPW show will happen after all given that air travel is being restricted. EU only at the moment but we do have literal white supremacists calling the shots in the white house.

I mean with the situation in Tampa, they could also decide they don't want to risk going to America too. The OZ Academy contingent that was booked for Shimmer but not announced already pulled out.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
I fully expect TJPW and NJPW talent to not travel by the way: the independent people might still go but you'd think that if Mania was called off some of them might also make the call, especially if there's a risk that they'd need to self-isolate themselves so it'd put their Japanese bookings at risk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
https://twitter.com/we_are_stardom/status/1238064848346333187?s=20