Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How would you rate Kimetsu no Yaiba?
Excellent
Good
Fine
Meh
Bad
Awful
View Results

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
New chapter is up in the usual place.

Goddam I am so happy Nezuko is finally becoming a character with like, actual free will and actualization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
When she arrives Muzan eats her and thinks he's won because now he's immune to sunlight. Then Nezuko murders him from the inside. :black101:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Sindai posted:

When she arrives Muzan eats her and thinks he's won because now he's immune to sunlight. Then Nezuko murders him from the inside. :black101:

That'll be the effect of the fifth poison.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Like I know the amount of poisons that keep popping up straight outta nowhere seem rear end-pully as hell, but afaic, they make sense. I still remember that one chapter/anime episode where our good boy Tanjirou is able to pick up how Shinobu straight up smells like she's a barely contained ball of rage. So both Shinobu and Lady Tamayo hating the everloving poo poo of Muzan and taking painstaking details to gently caress him up something good with drugs + poison it just seems sensible from that point of view.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I'm just enjoying how much Lady Tamayo seems to be enjoying slowly killing Muzan.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also thanks to the dub and to Kyle McCarley's above-average performance as an even snottier Yushiro, I can't stop calling her Lady Tamayo. :3:

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wark Say posted:

Like I know the amount of poisons that keep popping up straight outta nowhere seem rear end-pully as hell, but afaic, they make sense. I still remember that one chapter/anime episode where our good boy Tanjirou is able to pick up how Shinobu straight up smells like she's a barely contained ball of rage. So both Shinobu and Lady Tamayo hating the everloving poo poo of Muzan and taking painstaking details to gently caress him up something good with drugs + poison it just seems sensible from that point of view.

Shinobu and Tamayo are two most badassed characters in this manga, so natch, yeah.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
tamayo's been plotting for a century while hiding from muzan. she made an adorable demon cat with an antidote-launching backpack! after that, i can buy any crazy poo poo she pulls so long as it dicks over muzan in some way.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm still shocked that it came down to Tanjiro and Iguro of all people to hold him off for this long.

Sindai posted:

For a sappier happy ending, she can pull Lady Tamayo's cells out of him as well and Yushiro can hide her while she regenerates. Because it's getting dangerously close to daylight for the two of them.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 1, 2020

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I'm still shocked that it came down to Tanjiro and Iguro of all people to hold him off for this long.

yeah imagine how cool it'd be if iguro had any screen time at all to establish being like legendarily evasive or something so it wasn't just kind of happening

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

If anything I will always rmb this series for the cute cats.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

RareAcumen posted:

For a sappier happy ending, she can pull Lady Tamayo's cells out of him as well and Yushiro can hide her while she regenerates. Because it's getting dangerously close to daylight for the two of them.
Is Nezuko still even a demon at this point? Her claws and fangs are gone.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
It wouldn't be as satisfying a death as some others but the most fitting end for Muzan would probably be eating part of Nezuko and escaping into the sunlight thinking he's won only to begin aging rapidly and realizing that rather than becoming immune to sunlight as a demon he simply reverted to a human and lost his immortality. Just as his hasty anger cost him access to the Blue Spider Lily, his hasty desperation costs him his life.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

if nezuko's role in this final battle is having no powers and just running on-screen to cheer tanjiro on/have a piece eaten/distracting muzan i'm going from putting KnY in the trash to tossing out the entire gotouge

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I would honestly be surprised if she didn't just get absorbed by muzan or something tbh. like the sun's almost up, tanjiro's still holding muzan at bay, the poison's stopping him from escaping, the hashira are alive and prob gonna rejoin the fight... it's going too well at this point and they don't need nezuko's help

she won't die but I just don't see why she needs to be there unless something bad happens

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
She's going to start to be absorbed by Muzan but it will turn out that despite progressively getting more human right now, she still has her blood art, and while partially absorbed ignites Muzan's blood, keeping him from escaping during the final seconds before dawn.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I think this is so Muzan can possibly get a leg up at the last moment, then Nezuko gets her shots in on Muzan too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not sure how the story could possibly justify it, but it would be pretty sweet if nezuko grabbed a sword and started fire dancing too.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm not sure how the story could possibly justify it, but it would be pretty sweet if nezuko grabbed a sword and started fire dancing too.

Tanjirou learned just by watching and Nezuko might actually be talented.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Lurking Haro posted:

Tanjirou learned just by watching and Nezuko might actually be talented.

Tanjirou didn't learn how to use a sword by just watching though. Just the fire dance. He practiced for two years solid to learn how to sword fight.

I definitely agree that Nezuko is there to be partially absorbed, but stave off Muzan enough to activate her fire power so she and Tanjirou can deliver the final blow together.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I really really hope Nezuko doesn't end up as mere Muzan-fodder. Please, Gotouge. :pray:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
She's gonna heel slam his head into his chest.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Nezuko gonna send Muzan spiralling in despair when he realizes she is no longer usable for his sun immunity.

Then she'll kick him in the dick.

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

Or better yet, Kamado headbutt!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nezuko's running to burn Muzan's poison out of everyone. While Giyu's on fire, she's also going to reattach his arm as well.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Nezuko getting a shot at burning Muzan to death seems likely.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The one thing we know Nezuko's going to do is cure Tanjiro, because that growth's been aiming at consuming his left eye as well for a while now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
basically, i just want nezuko to actively contribute somehow. getting eaten, cheering from the sidelines or only being a liability all seem more likely, though. i guess kny has been lovely about nezuko for so long that i don't expect it to stop now.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nezuko will contribute something but it will prob be after she gets eaten imo

the not getting eaten alternative here is that nezuko arrives on the scene, muzan is like hell yea I'm saved, but then finds out that nezuko isn't a demon anymore and that's what conquering the sun actually does to demons. but I'm pretty sure he's cell and nezuko's android 18 in this scenario

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Mar 3, 2020

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nezuko's gonna bite Muzan and he'll collapse into a pile of cash because he's human now.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Muzan was capitalism all along.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
Another one

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-197/chapter/20151?action=read

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

drat I can't believe Muzan is dead already.

Another person owned by DST.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Inosuke is still best boy. :3

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That last page got me hype af

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
While this has nothing to do with what's going on. Here are Muzan's feelings about his Best Demons.

Databook posted:

Kokushibo: Business partner. No real affection.

Douma: Doesn't really like him.

Akaza: A favorite since he is loyal and serious.

Hantengu: Ordinary. He's annoying sometimes but tolerable.

Gyokko: His favorite. Gyokko's pots are rather beautiful. They sell for a high price.

Gyuutaro: A favorite. Muzan highly values his circumstance and greedy personality.

Daki: Not a smart child.

Nakime: A favorite since her ability is useful.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Mar 15, 2020

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Not a smart child.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Even Muzan thinking that Douma loving sucks is great.

Actually, Douma is the only one of the Upper Moons that he dislikes outright; the rest are positive or neutral, and besides thinking Daki is an idiot the worst is finding one guy annoying but bearable. That's fantastic; no one likes that rear end in a top hat.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Doesn't he still maim/scar Akaza, though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

Doesn't he still maim/scar Akaza, though?

Muzan might favor certain demons but in the end they're all pawns to him.