Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

Also Superformance slugs are cheap and accurate over decent ranges, I like using them on bigger maps with a 2x. Click three times on any unarmored body part and collect loot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Yeah slugs are good for Sniper scavs, and killing one on Woods can net you a lot of roubles in gear. The one on the southern rocks can even spawn with nvg, and he will slide down after you kill him (75% of the time).

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Mortlock posted:

This is another one.

come across a random dead body while doing my Mosin Missions. Decide to ditch some of my stuff as its insured so I can claim his.

Then all of a sudden the killer runs up and starts looting also.

Apologies in advance for my retard brother.

https://streamable.com/9ys16

Please do not do this.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
So my scav case is almost complete, but I’m a few levels behind being able to get the booze generator up and running (need level 30 for mechanic LL3)

Am I better off doing 60k case runs, or just buying the moonshine?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

causticBeet posted:

So my scav case is almost complete, but I’m a few levels behind being able to get the booze generator up and running (need level 30 for mechanic LL3)

Am I better off doing 60k case runs, or just buying the moonshine?

$100 and $6000 are pure profit, idk if 60k is profitable.

at 6k i get anywhere from 10k-60k back each time, i think the average is 24k profit per 2 hours. running STATISTICS on 60k rn but it's looking like about the same profit per time as 6k

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
So uh, someone posted a video of a hacker remotely stealing their gear without needing to kill them... holy gently caress BSG, why are hacks like this even possible. But then i remember hackers in FO76 were doing that too...

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ambaire posted:

So uh, someone posted a video of a hacker remotely stealing their gear without needing to kill them... holy gently caress BSG, why are hacks like this even possible. But then i remember hackers in FO76 were doing that too...

hahaha oh my god if this is real it owns so much what the gently caress

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Ambaire posted:

shoulda just kept it quite and succed the siccs and keytools in labs for a week before having it be publicized

Orv
May 4, 2011
Well, I guess now we see just how effective BattleEye is* cause that's basically the one kind of cheating you can be 100% sure happened.

*Ahahahahahahah.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Someone else posted a video of this happening, so it looks 'legit'...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QTYe35-zv4&t=272s

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

Ambaire posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QTYe35-zv4&t=272s

Amazing

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ambaire posted:

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to fake something for no real purpose, plus given what we've learned in the past about how they store items it's not terribly surprising.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
^^^^ they’re doing it to support RMT on g2g or whatever

if I had that hack I’d replace everyone’s labs kit with like PACAs and 209s

twig1919
Nov 1, 2011
I am an inconsiderate moron whose only method of discourse is idiotic personal attacks.
Red keycard prices are about to get lit.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

twig1919 posted:

Red keycard prices are about to get lit.

This was the next thing I was gonna buy. And I did just finish the therapist quest to get the THICC items case. I already have 2 and don't necessarily need a 3rd. Maybe i'll just sell it and buy the keycard or other dumb poo poo.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
More videos of this are surfacing - and people realising that their Red Rebel evaporated at some point over the last few days. :psyduck:

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

TTerrible posted:

More videos of this are surfacing - and people realising that their Red Rebel evaporated at some point over the last few days. :psyduck:

Great news for my Red Rebel sales! :getin:

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Doubt this is exclusive to labs, but does anyone know if its been reported on other maps? Good reason to stick to scav runs for a sec I guess.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
It's happening on Reserve too.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
:tinfoil: this is all officially sanctioned in order to level the playing field before the lv15 flea market change

nah just kidding it's completely expected for this kind of cheat to be possible in a game entirely about looting

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Really no point to be running the ice pick right now then. I'll just run with nothing and stick to cheaper loadouts until it dies down.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Great news for my Red Rebel sales! :getin:

Much better news for my extract camping on reserve!

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
And another pov.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbUZy4CF1EE

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

Well time to take a break from the game I guess

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx_mhLc31Gc'

That's wild. Looks like the loot just appears in front of them and they can click what they want to take? And people are actually paying that much to use this stuff? Yikes.

Edit:
Pricing:
$250 - 1 Month
$125 - 1 Week

EDITED OUT WHAT IT CAN DO FOR SENSITIVE TYPES WHO MIGHT BE MENTALLY FRAGILE

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 10, 2020

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Don't loving post that poo poo you rear end in a top hat. We don't need ads for hacks in this thread.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Don't loving post that poo poo you rear end in a top hat. We don't need ads for hacks in this thread.

Oh gently caress off, like people don't know how to google poo poo. If people are going to use hacks they're going to use them regardless of whether they've seen a youtube video or not. If anything seeing that price would keep most people from even trying it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

ChesterJT posted:

Oh gently caress off, like people don't know how to google poo poo. If people are going to use hacks they're going to use them regardless of whether they've seen a youtube video or not.

You're literally giving them free advertising. There is no justification for spreading their YouTube videos and features around and letting people know how much it costs to use them. Your lovely post is indistinguishable from an interstitial ad. Discussing hacks is one thing but running marketing for the hackers is despicable.

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler

ChesterJT posted:

~hack video stuff~

Hmm. Note the version number in the lower left corner of the video. We can tell it's the real version number since it's not an overlay and you can see the game world through the numbers.

Version 0.12.3.5834. Based on the changelog on the wiki, we can see that version is from Feb 11, 2020. There have been 5 updates since, with some significant Battleye ban waves in between.

Pretty sure that video is just to lure people to pay for it and then immediately get banned afterwards like the fools they are.

edit: also, the video you linked is from Feb 15, 2020. lul

Ambaire fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Mar 10, 2020

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Cup Runneth Over posted:

You're literally giving them free advertising. There is no justification for spreading their YouTube videos and features around and letting people know how much it costs to use them. Your lovely post is indistinguishable from an interstitial ad. Discussing hacks is one thing but running marketing for the hackers is despicable.

Advertising to who? The people in this thread who payed for the game who presumably don't want it ruined by hackers and cheaters?

Good lord it's a youtube video you big crybaby. No one is "running marketing for them". Watch it, don't watch it, I don't give a poo poo. But when a hack is going to potentially ruin the game with crazy poo poo I think people would be curious how it even works. That doesn't mean people want to use it or would use it if only they knew how to get it but they can't figure out that pesky internet...

Ambaire posted:

Pretty sure that video is just to lure people to pay for it and then immediately get banned afterwards like the fools they are.

Yeah I have no doubt they claim to update it and it's obviously happening to people now but I can only hope they have improved their detection+ban speed.

dogsupremacy
Dec 3, 2012
I just wanna post thanks to all believers in the mp153 the cheapest and best gun that makes a kicking rad sound.

dunno how to do a clip but check this sick shotgun snipin yall

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/564671040?t=00h41m23s

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Man I never thought of hacking before but now that I saw this sweet YouTube video on the something awful dot com forums I just feel this weird compulsion *hoovers up your inventory remotely*

DrBox
Jul 3, 2004

Sombody call the doctor?

causticBeet posted:

Man I never thought of hacking before but now that I saw this sweet YouTube video on the something awful dot com forums I just feel this weird compulsion *hoovers up your inventory remotely*

Yeah thanks for the heads up. I signed up for 12 months for the bulk discount. Looking forward to winning the Tarkov!

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

well gosh, it looks like everyone else is doing it, I’d better hop on this paid hacks train before I get left behind!

if not for that YouTube video I’d have had no idea where to start finding them or even that such things existed

Ambaire
Sep 4, 2009

by Shine
Oven Wrangler
Someone came up with this explanation as to why that poo poo is possible. Seems reasonable.

quote:

From what I can tell the hack is possibly changing a flag in the code and or script on the player character objects/entities from alive to dead which allows them to loot items off of you while you are still alive. Either that or they are changing the player id to be a container or something instead of a player entity. However because it should be theoretically impossible to loot items from another player's secure container the hack shouldn't be able to allow hackers to take those items off of you if they are in your alpha/gamma. In fact it should be impossible to my knowledge because in the current build you cannot actually move your secure containers around from your inventory.

The scabbard looting hack is possible because there exists code in the game that allows players to loot melee items off of other characters. However this only works if the enemy is a scav. They could possibly change the player id into that of a scav to trigger a flag that allows your melee items to be looted, since you can loot melee items off of scavs.

TLDR: possible script that allows you to change the flags/status of player entities such that they are considered by the game to be either dead or scav object/entity types (possibly both). This allows players to be looted while still alive and allows for melee items to be stolen since they are considered by the game to be a dead entity (thus lootable) and a scav entity (melee weapons can be looted)

Why the gently caress does the server not run sanity checks on looting/etc. The tarkov dev team don't seem to be experienced with dealing with hackers at all.. and the game is how old?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Ambaire posted:

Someone came up with this explanation as to why that poo poo is possible. Seems reasonable.

Why the gently caress does the server not run sanity checks on looting/etc. The tarkov dev team don't seem to be experienced with dealing with hackers at all.. and the game is how old?

4 years give or take.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture

Ambaire posted:

We can only guess wildly, but they seem like relatively inexperienced but enthusiastic devs making a lot of naive mistakes and are probably well behind in technical debt, so fixing this type of stuff, just like the server architecture, is a big interruption to regular running that they've been trying to implement with as little impact as possible.

It's really disheartening to see them put such glaring holes in the structure of their game though. It would have been a really stupendous coop or single player game with some changes, but it's going to sit in early access limbo for a long long time while they juggle popularity spikes, technical obligations and feature aims. I have some sympathy because anticheat at a certain level is probably a very deep subject with a lot of practical knowlege and experience involved in structuring a game, and they've probably been putting rails down just in front of the train, wallace and gromit style, for most of the 4 years, but holy poo poo, sometimes you really wonder. It can't have been super special wizard knowledge that i gained when playing half-life mods and talking to server admins and modders about the whys and hows of keeping certain key gameplay stuff server-side.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
2020 year of the scav

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Wallrod posted:

We can only guess wildly, but they seem like relatively inexperienced but enthusiastic devs making a lot of naive mistakes and are probably well behind in technical debt, so fixing this type of stuff, just like the server architecture, is a big interruption to regular running that they've been trying to implement with as little impact as possible.

It's really disheartening to see them put such glaring holes in the structure of their game though. It would have been a really stupendous coop or single player game with some changes, but it's going to sit in early access limbo for a long long time while they juggle popularity spikes, technical obligations and feature aims. I have some sympathy because anticheat at a certain level is probably a very deep subject with a lot of practical knowlege and experience involved in structuring a game, and they've probably been putting rails down just in front of the train, wallace and gromit style, for most of the 4 years, but holy poo poo, sometimes you really wonder. It can't have been super special wizard knowledge that i gained when playing half-life mods and talking to server admins and modders about the whys and hows of keeping certain key gameplay stuff server-side.

It's kinda wild that this game is as good and fun as it is. It's the tightest milsim I've ever played. It's nice to have a version of ARMA that you don't need to dedicate 3-4 hours too to have fun.

I'm enjoying it until it inevitably shits the bed and dies. I hope they sell pieces of the game to competent developers before they do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

I watched a guy using hacks to see how many labs raids have hackers in them, and he did 25 raids on European servers and 25 raids on US servers. Roughly 80% of his raids had at least 1 hacker, excluding himself.

They were pretty obvious to spot because they can see you through walls and are always looking right at you when you’re close, and he was able to get most of them to wiggle back-and-forth with him once they realized they were both cheating.

TLDR don’t play labs