Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Reporting in from california.

October 2017: legalization has come, all is normal

//NOTHING FOLLOWS//

October 2019:Legalization has come, taxes suck all is normal

//NOTHING FOLLOWS//

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Broken Machine posted:

Where are you getting that there's a proposal to limit concentration? I read the bill, s.54 as passed by the senate, and there's nothing in there that mentions 70% for concentrates, or anything else about concentration limits except wrt differentiating from hemp

From the current version of the bill as passed by the senate... and since amended by the Ways & Means committee:

https://legislature.vermont.gov/Doc...ns~5-9-2019.pdf

quote:

§ 868. PROHIBITED PRODUCTS
8 (a) The following are prohibited products and may not be cultivated,
9 produced or sold pursuant to a license issued under this chapter:
10 (1) cannabis flower with greater than 30 percent tetrahydrocannabinol;
11 (2) solid concentrate cannabis products with greater than 60 percent
12 tetrahydrocannabinol;
13 (3) oil cannabis products except for those that are sold prepackaged for
14 use with battery-powered devices; and
15 (4) cannabis products that contain delta-9 tetrahydrocannabinol and
16 nicotine or alcoholic beverages.

Brilliant legislation. I asked all of my lawmakers to please kill this; at least one of them (D) has a bunch of other problems with it too.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Nov 5, 2019

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

KingEup posted:

Hey guys, if we inject people with pure THC the go psychotic:

https://twitter.com/ErikMessamoreMD/status/1176585412845998085?s=20

hey guys, if we make dogs inhale tobacco cigarettes through a tracheostomy they get lung cancer

clearly no inferences or generalisability can be made from this information

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

KingEup posted:

Hey guys, if we inject people with pure THC the go psychotic:

https://twitter.com/ErikMessamoreMD/status/1176585412845998085?s=20

Some of the most classic posts from these very forums, were from ~15 years ago when user AcidKore engaged in producing a series of lab-based increasingly pure cannabis oils, first making them transdermally active with DMSO, and then eventually doing IV and posting a trip report. He certainly reported being incapacitated and having full-blown hallucinations of a type which seemed alien compared to smoking pot in any quantity, but it didn't make him any more psychotic than he was to begin with.

These idiots should next study the effects of IV administration of alcohol or nicotine.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Walked into my local chemists for a flu jab,saw a stall full of new CBD oil products. Bit of a surprise to see it out in the open given how glacially slow medical cannabis alternatives have been rolled out here.

My dad has severe back problems and often can't sleep in a bed because of it, we were thinking of getting him some to try for pain relief but they won't sell it to anyone already on any other type of medication. Is that a legitimate concern or just a relic of the climate of fear over cannabis?

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Look into your heart and you will find the answer. (Relic of fear)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bought hemp flower in texas, my god it smells like the real thing. Doesnt hit the lungs the same way. It's like o'douls but a lil fun

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I dabbed a 1/2 gram of 86.56% oil in 1 go in a huge crowd. Very bad psycho somatic symptoms

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Baka-nin posted:

Walked into my local chemists for a flu jab,saw a stall full of new CBD oil products. Bit of a surprise to see it out in the open given how glacially slow medical cannabis alternatives have been rolled out here.

My dad has severe back problems and often can't sleep in a bed because of it, we were thinking of getting him some to try for pain relief but they won't sell it to anyone already on any other type of medication. Is that a legitimate concern or just a relic of the climate of fear over cannabis?

From what I understand a lot of those products are going to be incredibly overpriced and/or very low dose. You're more likely to find better stuff at a legal dispensary. Or make friends with old hippie ladies. I would suggest edibles and or topical cream if you can buy it or make it. I hope your dad gets something that works, that sucks.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Some time earlier this year my partner and I bought some very low THC topical pain relief cream to give to her parents. We'd been gently encouraging them to try edibles or small dose vaping for insomnia and pain, but they're old and it never stuck.

Well this cream has converted them. It's so low dose that there's hardly any psychoactive component, but they love it for knee and back pain before bed, and now they want us to get more and send it to them lol.

Weed is good medicine.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

T-man posted:

From what I understand a lot of those products are going to be incredibly overpriced and/or very low dose. You're more likely to find better stuff at a legal dispensary. Or make friends with old hippie ladies. I would suggest edibles and or topical cream if you can buy it or make it. I hope your dad gets something that works, that sucks.

Thanks but I don't live in North America, its this or nothing, I think I might try getting some to help with sleeping which I do actually need and just getting him to try that to see if it has any effect.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

How are u posted:

Some time earlier this year my partner and I bought some very low THC topical pain relief cream to give to her parents. We'd been gently encouraging them to try edibles or small dose vaping for insomnia and pain, but they're old and it never stuck.

Well this cream has converted them. It's so low dose that there's hardly any psychoactive component, but they love it for knee and back pain before bed, and now they want us to get more and send it to them lol.

Weed is good medicine.

Even as a weed guy, I was shocked how well the topical cream stuff I picked up a while back works for aches and pains.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Alright, how excited are we about this federal legalization bill moving out of committee. I'm skeptical because I'm a cynic, but it did move out of committee.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

There's about a 0% chance of it going anywhere in the Senate

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Mitch McConnell isn't going to allow it to reach the floor for a vote. Like any of the house bills that have been passed.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
https://twitter.com/aribindi/status/1197304392308813824?s=21

Cannabis is more dangerous to the adolescent brain than alcohol. I did not know this

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

the only candidate for 2020 who will actually make weed legal is one bernard sanders once he legalizes guillotining self-IDing republicans and centerists.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Italians can have a little cannabis

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/27/world/europe/italy-marijuana-growing-cannabis.html

turnip kid
May 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/florida_mmj/status/1230958921139064835?s=20

quote:

The concept of a 10% THC cap on medical cannabis has been floated without success in Tallahassee, but the House Speaker would like to revisit the proposal.

Whereas what has been contemplated is a 10% cap on flower (“mids,” as they call it on the street), Rep. Jose Oliva believes that a cap on the level of the psychoactive compound makes sense for all cannabis products.

“I think it’s important that we pass it,” Oliva said Thursday after the House adjourned.

“We’re seeing different strains now in Europe that are 100 times stronger, and we’re starting to learn that this has some schizophrenic results, especially in young, developing brains.”

“It is in fact a priority for us,” Oliva added.

Florida!

Jose Oliva of Oliva Cigars.

turnip kid fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 21, 2020

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Possible up side, Florida becomes a breeding ground for sweet 2:1 strains

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
100 times stronger than 10% thc. 1000% thc!!!!

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

There’s no bill or legislation on this subject. It’s just anti-pot people continuing their crusade.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
I just want to smoke the 1000% thc nug. Mathematically impossible highs.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I love that they complain about THC levels now that flower bud is legal because they didn't bitch at all about anything back when vapes and dabs were the only legal weed in florida.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

100 times stronger...than what

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

I wish they told us the strain names or brands, gently caress.

Especially if we can get some easy growing indica seeds that contain ten times 100% of their THC content when grown, double so if it cures all ills like the white weed in SS13

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Now that North America has a significant legal recreational market that covers like 100 million people or something, I'd be pretty surprised if Europe was more advanced in weed growing.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/alabama-lawmakers-approve-medical-marijuana-legalization-bill/

quote:

An Alabama Senate committee approved a bill on Wednesday that would legalize medical marijuana in the state.

The legislation would allow patients with qualifying conditions to purchase cannabis products from licensed dispensaries. It would be a limited system, however, prohibiting patients from smoking or vaping marijuana.

The Senate Judiciary Committee cleared the bill in a 8-1 vote, with one abstention. The next stop for the legislation will be the Senate floor.

The proposal would establish the Alabama Medical Cannabis Commission, which would be responsible for overseeing a patient registry database, issuing medical cannabis cards and approving licenses for marijuana dispensaries, cultivators, transporters and testing facilities.

This vote comes two months after a panel created by the legislature, the Medical Cannabis Study Commission, issued a recommendation that Alabama implement a medical cannabis program.

this bill seems likely to pass. although who knows, it could be watered down so much as to be near meaningless. still medical marijuana continues to spread across even the most conservative regions of America. Establishing a nationwide network of cannabis business people is i think crucial to forcing the Federal government to change cannabis' legal status, so this is good news.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

It's very watered down, I don't doubt the legislature here as well as our awful governor to fight it as long as possible.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/kentucky-house-approves-medical-marijuana-legalization-bill/

quote:

The Kentucky House of Representatives approved a bill to legalize medical marijuana in the state on Thursday.

Following a successful vote in the Judiciary Committee last week, the full chamber passed the legislation in a 65-30 vote. It now heads to the Senate.

If enacted into law, patients suffering from qualifying medical conditions and who have a doctors’ recommendations will be able to obtain cannabis from licensed dispensaries. The bill would establish a regulatory body to develop rules for the program and determine which medical conditions qualify individuals for marijuana.

Smoking cannabis would be prohibited under the measure, and it would be up to regulators to decide whether to allow cannabis edibles. At least 25 dispensaries would have to be permitted under the proposal.

medical bills continuing to advance around the country in the least likely places. Glad the momentum is keeping up. It also seems plausible it could get through the Kentucky Senate, but idk

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

https://twitter.com/VerminSupreme/status/1236702486309863424?s=20

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

since a lot of people only check bookmarks, you should know that our admin, lowtax, has been credibly accused of abusing his partner.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3928980

please do what you believe to be ethical.

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

‎Kevin Sabet needs to get his grubby mitts off of New Zealand

https://www.thegrowthop.com/cannabis-news/some-kiwis-view-sams-push-to-reject-legal-weed-as-unappetizing-as-green-eggs-and-ham

quote:

A U.S.-based anti-cannabis legalization group is urging New Zealanders to vote against weed legalization during the upcoming referendum and that interference is rubbing some Kiwis the wrong way.

“I would strongly recommend New Zealanders vote no on this very misguided initiative,” Luke Niforatos of Smart Approaches to Marijuana (SAM), a branch of which has now set up shop in New Zealand, told 1 NEWS of the upcoming referendum on legalizing recreational cannabis.

According to 1 NEWS, National Party MP Shane Reti said “I’m just not enthusiastic for foreign interests to be interfering in domestic policy.”

SAM bad, what else is new. Also polling suggests New Zealand's September referendum is more likely to pass than not. Odds are good that by the end of the year cannabis will be legal for recreational use in both Mexico and New Zealand. In the USA legalization referenda are very likely to pass in both Arizona and New Jersey. While corona-virus has disrupted signature collection for ballots in many states, I feel like the crisis has shifted opinion even more towards legalization. If nothing else, it might help fill holes in state budgets caused by the economic collapse.

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

https://twitter.com/zoeshrugged/status/1282691393232633862

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

another boring article from the new repub-huh?

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

noice. I'm gonna be pretty pissed if the rest of the Republicans suddenly all decide marijuana legalization is great just before Biden gets into the Whitehouse and vetoes any national level legalization

In other news New Zealand's referendum is going through in September. Polling had been all over the place but over the last few months it looks like opinion may have shifted towards legalization? Hard to tell really. I'm not sure if coronavirus is playing a part but definitely I'm getting my hopes up

Squalid
Nov 4, 2008

oh whoa this was a pleasant surprise for me -- Montana activists got legaliation on the ballot! I thought covid-19 had effectively sunk that initiative. Based on the last polling i recall this election was probably a stretch, but not entirely out of reach! I believe getting states like Montana onboard is going to be crucial to passing Federal level reform. We need to build diverse coalitions to succeed, especially if we have a hostile Whitehouse.

https://marketrealist.com/2020/07/marijuana-legalization-proceeds-montana-covid-19/

quote:

After facing a string of coronavirus-led challenges, the New Approach Montana campaign is all geared up. The group is behind the legalization efforts in the state. The group resumed its campaign in May and successfully collected the required signatures. A Marijuana Moment article discussed that the group submitted more than 130,000 signatures last month to qualify for the November ballot. Montana’s legalization efforts include recreational and medical cannabis. The group submitted two proposals:

The first proposal is to establish a regulated cannabis market for recreational use. The group needed 25,000 valid signatures from registered voters to qualify. They submitted 52,000 raw signatures for the proposal.
The second proposal is a constitutional amendment insisting that only individuals 21 and older can participate in the marijuana market. The group needed to collect 51,000 valid signatures from registered voters. They submitted 80,000 raw signatures.
Looking at the number of signatures submitted, it appears that the group collected the required signatures. Voters will decide the fate of marijuana legalization in the state.

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002
All this talk of COVID-19 had me wondering: Has anyone tried experimenting to see if that could be added to the list of possible medical uses for marijuana?

A few seconds with Google, and it turns out the answer is yes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilyprice/2020/06/27/researchers-are-looking-at-cannabis-as-a-potential-way-to-prevent-covid-19/#3ae4aa66d885

Except it sounds like they're mostly looking into using it to prevent the virus from taking root, as opposed to treating the disease.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Cockmaster posted:

All this talk of COVID-19 had me wondering: Has anyone tried experimenting to see if that could be added to the list of possible medical uses for marijuana?

A few seconds with Google, and it turns out the answer is yes:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/emilyprice/2020/06/27/researchers-are-looking-at-cannabis-as-a-potential-way-to-prevent-covid-19/#3ae4aa66d885

Except it sounds like they're mostly looking into using it to prevent the virus from taking root, as opposed to treating the disease.

It's exciting but I want to keep seeing updates on it, and see it confirmed by others. The "while still just a theory" line you always see in these articles comes a little early, but I hope it turns out to be helpful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cockmaster
Feb 24, 2002

Inspector Hound posted:

It's exciting but I want to keep seeing updates on it, and see it confirmed by others. The "while still just a theory" line you always see in these articles comes a little early, but I hope it turns out to be helpful.

Well, in order to have anything more than a theory now, they'd have had to have started back when China was still trying to keep the virus under wraps.

Though with cannabis as a COVID-19 prophylactic, the big question is: How hard would it be to deliver the medicinal effect without compromising one's higher brain functions? The people who'd need that the most would include healthcare workers, who obviously can't afford to be impaired in any way, shape, or form.