Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I don't understand the term but enjoy your inside joke!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

A parachute is a secondary account to be used when you routinely or specifically plan on making posts that are likely to get you heavily punished with probations for not being able to post, or for a perma-ban until you get caught as the permabanned user. At one time accounts were free so they were used for regular bans back then as well

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

flashy_mcflash posted:

>make toilet
>do soap
>kill corona

misinterpreted this as instructions for making toilet wine

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Regarding Alexa's food coloring tweet, you know Triple H would never let anyone go on Twitter and say "Go ahead, try and hit me with that sledgehammer, it's just a rubber prop"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Venomous posted:

thought we weren't allowed to dunk on goons itt

I wasn't really dunking, just wanted Bix to explain that term haha

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Regarding Alexa's food coloring tweet, you know Triple H would never let anyone go on Twitter and say "Go ahead, try and hit me with that sledgehammer, it's just a rubber prop"

if the sledgehammer was fake he'd do real moves with it instead of the "cover it with my hand and then gently tap you" move that's allegedly so devastating

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Peanut President posted:

if the sledgehammer was fake he'd do real moves with it instead of the "cover it with my hand and then gently tap you" move that's allegedly so devastating

There have been a few times where he used a rubber one to straight up bop someone on the head. Didn't he do that to Taker while being held in the Last Ride at one point?

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/The_Realest3_/status/1236439859365117952

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES
"why bad thing happen but when other bad thing happen people not think so bad" - WWE Superstar Carmella

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

I wasn't really dunking, just wanted Bix to explain that term haha

It's an odd turn of phrase that I've heard some parents use while potty training, so I figured Bix was making fun of these people as being less up on bathroom etiquette than literal toddlers.

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

Alaois posted:

why would you buy a parachute

Ha ha ha god drat

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Alan4L decided to whine on twitter about one of the coolest angles ROH ever did, got called out by Seth Rollins (in maybe Seth's first good tweet ever) and responded by being an even bigger loser.

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1236278574048477185

https://twitter.com/Alan4L/status/1236310600449503232

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Oh boy, SHOOT NAMES! This guy's an INSIDER!

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

What was this angle?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Seth's promos and DKP are equally torturous to listen to at least

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Ah, Gabe Sapolski regretting something that isn't paying wrestlers a decent booking fee, how novel.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

What was this angle?

The Age of the Fall debuted as a stable in ROH by attacking The Briscoes after their ladder match with Steen and Generico at Man Up. They beat both of them bloody and strung Jay Briscoe up by his feet and raised him above the ring by his feet. Jay then bled onto Jimmy Jacobs as Jacobs cut a promo in a white suit. It was bad rear end.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

-

fatherofmustard fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Mar 9, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MassRafTer posted:

Alan4L decided to whine on twitter about one of the coolest angles ROH ever did, got called out by Seth Rollins (in maybe Seth's first good tweet ever) and responded by being an even bigger loser.

https://twitter.com/WWERollins/status/1236278574048477185

https://twitter.com/Alan4L/status/1236310600449503232

I think this is the first time I've seen Alan4L actively be negative about something wrestling related & it was one of the coolest visuals in wrestling history? Weird choice.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

https://twitter.com/ShawnMatsudaII/status/1236727222863527938

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Well known indy darling Shawn Michaels

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Well known indy darling Shawn Michaels
He was a referee in FMW, you know

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

The Age of the Fall debuted as a stable in ROH by attacking The Briscoes after their ladder match with Steen and Generico at Man Up. They beat both of them bloody and strung Jay Briscoe up by his feet and raised him above the ring by his feet. Jay then bled onto Jimmy Jacobs as Jacobs cut a promo in a white suit. It was bad rear end.

except the promo kinda wandered a bit. I love Jacobs but he tricked an entire generation of indie dudes to talk in breathy registers and its drives me bonkers. The music videos he did were way better.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

That match is very good

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RealFoxy posted:

And the Rockers had some tag matches in SWS back in the day!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Michaels in Japan during his athletic prime would have been interesting

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

"Indie sellout"

You changed maaan, you used to be about the money and mindless corporate kowtowing! It's like I don't know you anymore.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, yes, we wouldn't want any current stars to get heat, they might get over!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
My bad wrestling opinion is I would rather have had Goldberg go over on a poo poo-show nobody wanted to watch and face Roman than Fiend/Roman at Wrestlemania with 30 Superman Punches and spears with Bray Wyatt no-selling it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

To be fair, they were right, but the fact that it was mostly melodrama was why it owned

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was an overproduced melodrama but the general consensus was actually that it was like 4th or 5th best match on the card and kind of a disappointment.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Cody/MJF had the bad luck to be on the same card as one of the best tag matches in history, Orange Cassidy's AEW singles debut against a goblin, Mox winning the title, and Darby and Sammy deciding they didn't want to be able to walk when they hit thirty.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if you didn't think Hogan visiting the Dungeon of Doom was the coolest thing ever, I dunno. Overproduced drama has a home in wrestling.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

It was an overproduced melodrama but the general consensus was actually that it was like 4th or 5th best match on the card and kind of a disappointment.
yeah haha. im sure a bunch of people thought it was really really great but i think most people thought it wasn’t as hot as they expected

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

yes?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i have a confession. Triple H can't say anything genuine or that could positively affect another person's emotions

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

When Vince dies Triple H can do the Cody promos, but worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Is the joke that Trips does do those same pandering speeches and used them to open the early Takeover shows?