Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

uvar posted:

If you did this, it's not working for me

Can you checkout :siren: www.TheRoni.com now... ought to be working

Cheers thanks

Your cache might still have the old stuff in it... try in incognito mode

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived

thepopmonster posted:

2.2 cases per day? Not great, not terrible.

estimated population of 8.5 million

so 0.000235294117647% so far

i like my odds

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

zer0spunk posted:

estimated population of 8.5 million

so 0.000235294117647% so far

i like my odds

zer0spunk posted:

20 people from march 1st to march 9th in NYC isn't terrible. I guess the real test is the third week of march.

Or if you're in the future like I am, also known as The Great Purge of March.

thepopmonster posted:

2.2 cases per day? Not great, not terrible.

spoiler alert: We aren't testing that many people

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Hadlock posted:

Cheers thanks

Your cache might still have the old stuff in it... try in incognito mode

How is India only at around 50 cases? Are they just not testing?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Counties in Northern CA are starting to ban poo poo.

LA county? Lol jack and poo poo.

Oh and we only have 3 new cases today. Success!

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Baller Time posted:

Will someone help me charge my JO crystals to ward of corona?

Bro you know I got you.

But you have to help me stomp on all my model trains.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

FlamingLiberal posted:

Ain't got no time for no white people germs.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

A school in Worcester MA closed for one day because an administrator's friend got the 'roni. Seems like a rational and well thought-out response.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Hadlock posted:

👍

Foam Monkey
Jun 4, 2007
Lurkzilla
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

The CDC has put out an official warning, saying "Do Not Pursue Bu Flu!"

I’m probably way too behind, but mods thread title?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

MarcusSA posted:

Counties in Northern CA are starting to ban poo poo.

A novel approach to the TP crisis.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

zer0spunk posted:

I'm less afraid of catching it than just being homeless from losing months of work. I can't work from home and today they said this-

It's only a matter of time before they start pulling permits and then all my industry gets screwed union or not.

NY film? I’m holding my breath too

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
my wife works in santa clara county and the county sent an email with a pdf with a list of guidelines:
New Guidance for workplaces and businesses
Employers should take steps to make it more feasible for their employees to work in ways that
minimize close contact with large numbers of people.
Employers should:
• Suspend nonessential employee travel.
• Minimize the number of employees working within arm’s length of one another, including
minimizing or canceling large in-person meetings and conferences.
• Urge employees to stay home when they are sick and maximize flexibility in sick leave
benefits.
• Not require a doctor’s note for employees that are sick as healthcare offices may be very
busy and unable to provide that documentation right away.
• Consider use of telecommuting options for appropriate employees.
• Consider staggering start and end times to reduce large numbers of people coming
together at the same time.

it also has stuff for sick people, stuff for holders of large events, etc.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

WestJet just sent me an email saying they are proud to continue service and also are getting rid of flight change fees for the month of March lol

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Relayer posted:

Not to my knowledge but I'm looking forward to the I have coronavirus ama in ask tell

I thought there was a goon in this thread who thought he was dying of it etc etc, i skipped a few days and saw he perma'd after going on and on about being an opiate addict or something

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
apparently my wife's parents still want to go on the cruise they booked for the 4 of us (her mom is 78 and her dad is 74) and don't want to lose the money they spent on it lol

it's not til july so there's no point in arguing about it now it might just cancelled but i don't think there's any way we can responsibly let them go on that

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Stefan Prodan posted:

apparently my wife's parents still want to go on the cruise they booked for the 4 of us (her mom is 78 and her dad is 74) and don't want to lose the money they spent on it lol

it's not til july so there's no point in arguing about it now it might just cancelled but i don't think there's any way we can responsibly let them go on that

Similarly I'm trying to talk my wife out of taking her mom to a concert for her birthday in a month and setting up the idea we may need to cancel our trip to California in July.

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

I thought I read a story on you should be able to cancel and get a full refund due to concerns of personal harm or whatever; at least in :canada: I believe (for the cruise ship post, dunno about concerts unless they're cancelled fully?)

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Hirez posted:

I thought I read a story on you should be able to cancel and get a full refund due to concerns of personal harm or whatever; at least in Canada I believe

well we're american, I'm not sure what nationality the cruise is but I'm pretty sure they can't get that money back

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Stefan Prodan posted:

How much do you stand to inherit

Probably start talking about all the cool poo poo you're gonna buy when you sell their houses and liquidate their 401k to feed your ferrari habit

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

Stefan Prodan posted:

well we're american, I'm not sure what nationality the cruise is but I'm pretty sure they can't get that money back

https://globalnews.ca/news/6644946/coronavirus-cruise-refunds-covid-credit/

shoulda read the rest of the article seems like most cruises just allow you to delay it when more even people are infected :thunk:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/WeatherProf/status/1236885534796124160

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

oh that's cool I'll send this along thanks

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I'm 31 and fairly active so I'm not too worried about dying, my parents are in their 50s and pretty active/healthy for their age.

I'm worried about the economic fallout more than anything, disease places an immense burden on a society and America is a FYGM cesspit without poor safety nets.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Stefan Prodan posted:

My daughter's uni graduation is in late April and I am hoping the uni will reschedule it. I doubt it, though. They already changed the date once.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Fried Watermelon posted:

WestJet just sent me an email saying they are proud to continue service and also are getting rid of flight change fees for the month of March lol

Loving all of these corporations still trying to claw nickels and dimes.

"Our entire industry is becoming a series of plague ships while world governments are advising people not to patronize us....................Free Drinks*!"

"Well we are flying empty planes between airports in desperation moves to not lose our slots at airports. Uhhhhh.......No flight change fees! For Three Weeks!!"

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?
https://mobile.twitter.com/__ariannalp/status/1236728416595927040

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

In about 2 ish weeks ya'll aint gonna have to worry about traveling or anyone else traveling lol.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

In about 2 ish weeks ya'll aint gonna have to worry about traveling or anyone else traveling lol.

yeah that's kinda what I figure

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

FlamingLiberal posted:

It almost certainly involves poor testing, but it also could be that the virus doesn't spread well in warmer weather. I'm hoping pretty hard for that one myself.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

It almost certainly involves poor testing, but it also could be that the virus doesn't spread well in warmer weather. I'm hoping pretty hard for that one myself.

I'd put all of my money on poor testing.

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I feel like the government could be sinking cruise ships with Apache Helicopters and Carnival will still be offering One Free* Extra Night

*If you choose the new Platinum Plus Class Discount Ticket (Non-Refundable) "Free" is equal to half off of a regular peak season** pricing plan

**2019 Season

richardm
Jul 15, 2004

Rectal Death Adept posted:

"Well we are flying empty planes between airports in desperation moves to not lose our slots at airports. Uhhhhh.......No flight change fees! For Three Weeks!!"

No question that the airlines are going to struggle with this; QANTAS has cut a quarter of its international routes until mid September. And is now flying Sydney-Perth-London instead of Sydney-Singapore-London. Which in itself is a bit interesting because it implies that that the nonstop Perth-London route is now fully live.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Stanford closed and became online-only as of like, Friday: https://www.paloaltoonline.com/news...-self-isolation

San jose state closed today and is becoming online-only in about 3 days. https://twitter.com/SJSU/status/1237186830711177216

Santa clara county just banned large gatherings (over 1000 people) https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/03/09/following-first-coronavirus-death-santa-clara-county-bans-all-large-gathering/

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Hadlock posted:

What's going to happen to the elderly care industry in 2021

Nothing. There are shortages and waiting lists to get into good care homes. Even if 20% of the residents die there won't be vacancies for long, just shorter waiting lists.

Plus the Boomers are a much larger group than the generation before them, and we are looking at hella shortages of placements in the next 10-20 years as the Boomers reach enfeeblement. (Same as when we had to build/expand a bunch of schools for them when they reached school age.)

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!
Coachella isn't cancelling, just rescheduling until October.

https://variety.com/2020/music/news/coachella-stagecoach-festival-postponed-coronavirus-1203526766/

lol Octoberchella is going to be the ground zero of WOOK-ENHANCED-COVID-19

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I had an audition for Jeopardy this month but it's been postponed. I'll never get to embarrass myself on national TV at this rate.

Pollen is now seeping out of every tree in the greater Puget Sound area, so I look forward to everyone as a potential sniffling, sneezing, coughing mess no matter what!

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I wonder how loading yourself up on antihistamines affects your body's ability to fight this off...

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fried Watermelon posted:

I still have to canx my American air tix tomorrow, I’m just gonna say I have a fever lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Don't take antihistamines. Also don't touch your face. Just let those boogers hang out. Dangle. Slowly ooze down your chin.