Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Do I need to post the poppy tea poo poo story again?

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1237309470256046081?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Did somebody say Toby young?

https://twitter.com/toadmeister/status/1237057437850578944?s=19

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

The best way to not let the far right pose as free speech martyrs is to treat their views as legitimate points to be debated. I am very smart.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

A good twitter thread of headlines about Trevor Phillips being racist or just a oval office

https://twitter.com/BWhytelaw/status/1237095165027921922?s=19

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

https://twitter.com/Arnold_Platon/status/1237091026185093125?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I support platforming fascists.

Jose posted:

Do I need to post the poppy tea poo poo story again?
That's why it's important that pharmacies stock a good standardized antidiarrheal. But since they refuse...

Jose posted:

A good twitter thread of headlines about Trevor Phillips being racist or just a oval office

https://twitter.com/BWhytelaw/status/1237095165027921922?s=19
Good thread on the racism laundry machine too:

https://twitter.com/BWhytelaw/status/1237061781631258624

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Actually those are both examples of the sort of public elevation of fascists that we should be encouraging.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

Pistol_Pete posted:

I make pickles already and I want to start fermenting but I want someone who knows their stuff to show me how to do it 1st. That said, if it looks ok, smells ok and tastes like you'd expect it to, it's probably fine.

I did wash, disinfect and put the glass jars in the oven for 15 minutes and the lids are super tight on, maybe I'll try some tonight wish me luck!

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Newsnight decided to get Farage on last night to talk about Coronovirus because ???

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Speaking of picking chunks of poppy seeds out of your rear end, Rory Stewart is trending on twitter and I'm not quite sure why.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/thetwerkinggirl/status/1237315027058790400?s=19

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Guavanaut posted:

Speaking of picking chunks of poppy seeds out of your rear end, Rory Stewart is trending on twitter and I'm not quite sure why.

London Mayoral elections are coming soon i think.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/cpchem/status/1237152179321892865?s=19

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

so at the current rate the NHS collapses in what, 14 days?

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Communist Thoughts posted:

so at the current rate the NHS collapses in what, 14 days?
don't worry they're considering telling people that maybe they shouldn't be going to work with a cough or fever ever during a pandemic around that time, which will definitely help

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol please loving let this happen

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1237324168334581760?s=19

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

If the plane didn't get him I'm not hopeful about a virus.

He'll be around until someone tracks down his Gollywog horcrux.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I refused to go into work today and am working from home instead. My boss said that was OK, and that I could continue to work from home if I wanted. I think she knows the building is about to be shut.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/status/1237284267144642560?s=19

oh look, the UK is also full of dumbasses

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Spoken like someone who has never actually been to a sporting event and doesn't realise the toilets and food/drink areas are inside the stadium where people hang around away from the cold

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Looking at the most recent stats the mortality of corvid-19 in Italy is 7x higher than in South Korea, with the implication that Italy basically isn't testing patients unless they are really sick. That report looks like Italy is basically just along for the ride at this point.

From a purely selfish perspective I have "moderate" asthma and am otherwise healthy so will probably not do well with a respiratory failure + cytokine storm situation. Just waiting until I can retreat to the countryside.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

In sure this has nothing to do with the horse racing season.

E: oh look the Cheltenham Festival started today

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Jose posted:

Spoken like someone who has never actually been to a sporting event and doesn't realise the toilets and food/drink areas are inside the stadium where people hang around away from the cold

and are loving filthy

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

Looking at the most recent stats the mortality of corvid-19 in Italy is 7x higher than in South Korea, with the implication that Italy basically isn't testing patients unless they are really sick. That report looks like Italy is basically just along for the ride at this point.

From a purely selfish perspective I have "moderate" asthma and am otherwise healthy so will probably not do well with a respiratory failure + cytokine storm situation. Just waiting until I can retreat to the countryside.

Apparently Italy has the second best healthcare system in the world (acording to WHO), and the worst of the outbreak is hitting the richest/most wellequipped region of Italy.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

TheRat posted:

Apparently Italy has the second best healthcare system in the world (acording to WHO), and the worst of the outbreak is hitting the richest/most wellequipped region of Italy.

Sure. And - this may be your point - they are still completely overwhelmed.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

so do i put the toilet paper over my face to protect myself or do i have to wrap my whole body in it...?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bundy posted:

and are loving filthy
Maybe they're hoping that the communal pisspond is so filthy that it'll kill the virus.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

so do i put the toilet paper over my face to protect myself or do i have to wrap my whole body in it...?

you have to make a tp gundam

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Jose posted:

I saw her on BBC Breakfast this morning and it was spoken like someone sticking to an extremely well rehearsed script.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

its quite incredible that there really is nothing that can get the tories to actually do anything ever

i guess thats the whole libertarian nonsense mixed with a dash of imperial callousness

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
I wonder if, when all this is said and done and thousands of britons are dead, our response will be in any way as dramatic as our response to the 7/7 attacks when ~50 died.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

knox_harrington posted:

Sure. And - this may be your point - they are still completely overwhelmed.

Exactly. I feel like Norway (where I live, who seem to be doing bare minimum atm) are about to get hosed. We're like 10 days behind Italy

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

its quite incredible that there really is nothing that can get the tories to actually do anything ever

i guess thats the whole libertarian nonsense mixed with a dash of imperial callousness

Haven't got India or (much of) Catholic Ireland to needlessly escalate natural disasters in, after all.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm staying home with a bit of fatigue and thirst today; I doubt it's coronavirus, but I have my laptop and charger because I work from Manchester city centre and that is as likely to go south as anywhere.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I wonder if, when all this is said and done and thousands of britons are dead, our response will be in any way as dramatic as our response to the 7/7 attacks when ~50 died.

I know you're being rhetorical but, well, see how many people died courtesy of benefit cuts, or even just killed themselves due to them.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Guavanaut posted:

Maybe they're hoping that the communal pisspond is so filthy that it'll kill the virus.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Private Speech posted:

I know you're being rhetorical but, well, see how many people died courtesy of benefit cuts, or even just killed themselves due to them.

Good point! :sigh:

This will be harder to hide, dismiss, or ignore though.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I'm staying home with a bit of fatigue and thirst today;

Hey, I have those exact same symptoms every weekend morning!

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Private Speech posted:

COVID-19 won't just target the people the British public have been trained to hate. It's going after the governing party's primary demographic.