Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!
I would like to see the diseased lungs of "trump" give out and collapse in on themselves after attempting to climb stairs

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Bulgakov posted:

mitt romney is that democrat who ran against obama when barack failed to stop 9/11 and also enabled katrina, right?

"HEY HOW'D THAT GO WITH OBAMA AGAIN"

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
trem

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

reveal yourself, jeb

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

aware of dog posted:

reveal yourself, jeb
His goon name was/is? boniface :corsair:

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

each morning in america the true patriots unleash 9 to 11 cupic spoonfuls of poo poo into their toilets while also wizzing out between 9 to 11 american ounces of pee style liquid, and then without wiping stand up turn around and salute their toilet while flushing between 9 to 11 times (15 on a monday)

all others are traitors :hai:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nobody bought for a minute he was "retiring" in '24

quote:

On 25 May 2018, Putin announced that he would not run for president in 2024, justifying this in compliance with the Russian Constitution.[178]

quote:

On 15 January 2020, Dmitry Medvedev and his entire government resigned after Vladimir Putin's Address to the Federal Assembly. Putin suggested major constitutional amendments prior to his retirement in 2024.[180

Unless he's dying in '24

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1237368448533004288?s=20

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1237368448533004288?s=19

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

that’s crazy Bernard to you, mr president

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

2DCAT posted:

Okay, inside US story here on efficiency for you: yesterday we were told to telework the rest of the week to avoid exposure to each other, but still had to physically come in today to have a meeting about telework rules.

:yooge: please use the mute button when you're making wretched coughs due to the infection you caught at this working from home meeting

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

i mean if the alternative is to just get a toady like Medvedev to serve an interim term again, sure, go for it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dems think 2018 was a wave of voters "coming to their senses" and embracing grim austerity and cowardly centrism, when in fact it was 100% them running on holding Trump accountable. They failed, utterly and humiliatingly, to do so, and do not see what is coming because they think they are still operating on some kind of mandate

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

Epic High Five posted:

Dems think 2018 was a wave of voters "coming to their senses" and embracing grim austerity and cowardly centrism, when in fact it was 100% them running on holding Trump accountable. They failed, utterly and humiliatingly, to do so, and do not see what is coming because they think they are still operating on some kind of mandate
I just want "a return to normalcy"

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

tenderjerk posted:

I just want "a return to normalcy"

and they'll get it lol, they just won't understand until midnight on election night that Trump is the new normal, and anybody who actually wants to get things done is giving up on their party in droves

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
if bernie loses the primary dems are going to be so megafucked in the general, downballot and everything

it'll be a weird feeling hating the fact that trump will control the entire government yet laughing and screaming at the dems' confusion

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

I know it's usually a mistake to assume there's a strategy at play when Trump is involved, but he's clearly trying to rile up Bernie people and make them mad so that they will stay home in November.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Basebf555 posted:

I know it's usually a mistake to assume there's a strategy at play when Trump is involved, but he's clearly trying to rile up Bernie people and make them mad so that they will stay home in November.

If Biden is the nominee, they shouldn't stay home, they should still vote for downballot stuff. But they should absolutely not vote for Joe Biden.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Hell yeah Bernie gonna win

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Do not vote for Joe Biden under any loving circumstances. Let the Democrats do what they want with the Presidency. However, now is the time to support candidates who will actually take out the other lovely Democrats.

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1237195332942991360

I've said this in other threads, but Cisneros in Texas lost by just two points. She was running a legitimate campaign, and did not get enough support from Bernie on the ground. Do not let history repeat itself. Make sure the other serious progressive challengers have the backing they need. This includes Jess, but it also includes Mckayla Wilkes and the Justice Democrats slate. And please do not support the entirely online progressive challengers who are not doing the work.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!

Flavius Aetass posted:

if bernie loses the primary dems are going to be so megafucked in the general, downballot and everything

it'll be a weird feeling hating the fact that trump will control the entire government yet laughing and screaming at the dems' confusion
Dont worry if you voted bernie you'll get blamed for all this, you still have a role to play! :unsmith:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Coronachan take my energy

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

Basebf555 posted:

Yep, this, he wants to embitter people like us.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Number up like a dog running after a ball you pretended to throw

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
You can stick your decommission up your rear end

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Inspector Hound posted:

I only ever saw one of these, probably in Florida, but it had the web and everything, awesome spider

E I remember googling and googling like "there's no way that things not poisonous" and being surprised it was harmless

I used to ride my mountain bike around in pasture land in Louisiana and more than a couple times I wound up with these guys on my face because they'd string webs between trees and sit waiting in the very center of the web, right where I'd be riding.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1237341582145105920

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

tup

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

coronavirus is the most valuable member of our Revolution
https://twitter.com/DanielCarapezzi/status/1237217347619913728

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Flavius Aetass posted:

dems might hold the house, but it will be just barely, and if they do hold the house part of that is going to be thanks to a ton of dumbass republicans who retired rather than risk losing, thinking something might finally matter

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
tup pants none the wetter

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 367 days!
I pray to jesus for "trump" to contract novel covid-19

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Mitt... welcome to #TheResistance

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
https://twitter.com/nypost/status/1237226956682379264?s=20

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

i love my goober cat but when im going to bed while the suns coming up during the winterish springtime he likes to tap my nose with a paw, until i respond, when wanting to hide back under the top blanket

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Nichael posted:

However, now is the time to support candidates who will actually take out the other lovely Democrats.

A good resource for finding this out is Ballotpedia https://ballotpedia.org/Elections#2020_election_coverage_by_office Just click on your state and you can see what's up for grabs this year/November, and when you click on names of candidates it should have social media links for each (especially non-incumbents; for incumbents it'll also have voting histories and where they stand on certain issues included)

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

tenderjerk posted:

I pray to jesus for "trump" to contract novel covid-19
it would be really hosed up if this virus killed everyone with the exception of a 30 year old puerto rican woman

MysteriousStranger
Mar 3, 2016
My "vacation" is a euphemism for war tourism in Ukraine for some "bloody work" to escape my boring techie job and family.

Ask me about my warcrimes.

Epic High Five posted:

a large portion of their voters in 2018 were republicans, urban professionals, educated suburbs who want to hold trump accountable but want a grand bargain that cuts social security and taxes as well. those are the voters the party has flat out said they want, repeatedly.

they aren't stupid or deluded, and their plan has been working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Gripweed posted:

seems bad that we can save the economy by accelerating global warming.

I don't think they're trying to save the economy.