Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

I don't care what people say... Crows are dumb as gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Ash Crimson posted:

I don't care what people say... Crows are dumb as gently caress

This is the worst thing you've ever posted

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I cancelled my therapy appointment and called into work and my friends, I'm offloading the decision about whether I'm being paranoid or whether they really are out to get me onto others.

Go me for being responsible I guess?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It would be nice if we did the easy testing Korean thing, me and my partner have a nasty cold and id like to know if I can go out without potentially killing a bunch of grandmas

How much worse than Italy do you reckon we'll need to get before the gov takes serious action? I'm reckoning a week later.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I wonder if, when all this is said and done and thousands of britons are dead, our response will be in any way as dramatic as our response to the 7/7 attacks when ~50 died.
The response to that was mostly racism and shouting about the foreign chapati flour, and there's been plenty of that about Coronavirus.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Aphex- posted:

This is the worst thing you've ever posted

They haven't even evolved seperate organs to piss and poo poo out off

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Says the organism that puts food and water in through the air hole. Drown much?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Communist Thoughts posted:

It would be nice if we did the easy testing Korean thing, me and my partner have a nasty cold and id like to know if I can go out without potentially killing a bunch of grandmas

How much worse than Italy do you reckon we'll need to get before the gov takes serious action? I'm reckoning a week later.

They have already taken serious action.

Ignoring it is serious loving action. It's not a neutral choice in this situation, and it absolutely is a choice.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
corvids are the other sentient creatures on this hell world and they don't deserve what we provide for them

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

This rather contradicts her script https://www.todayonline.com/world/coronavirus-can-travel-twice-far-official-safe-distance-and-stay-air-30-minutes-chinese-study

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Says the organism that puts food and water in through the air hole. Drown much?

birds can drown

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Maggots have figured out how to breathe through a separate hole to the food hole, why haven't you?

CoolCab posted:

corvids are the other sentient creatures on this hell world and they don't deserve what we provide for them
Also octopodes.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Ash Crimson posted:

They haven't even evolved seperate organs to piss and poo poo out off

pretty efficient if you ask me

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

https://twitter.com/danielstorey85/status/1237340070803320834

Yeah, just keep those stadiums open

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Stay safe out there

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Billet doux from one Julie Elliott MP this morning (never heard of her) encouraging me to vote for Ian Murray and the big selling point is he is supported by Stella Creasy and Jessflaps.

What a shame I already put Burgon 1 and Butler 2. If only I had known! </sarcasm>

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well at least we know that nobody at Millwall has it, because Forest couldn't touch them if they tried last Friday.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Billet doux from one Julie Elliott MP this morning (never heard of her) encouraging me to vote for Ian Murray and the big selling point is he is supported by Stella Creasy and Jessflaps.

What a shame I already put Burgon 1 and Butler 2. If only I had known! </sarcasm>

I got that and have already deleted it. Having "our great movement" and "Jess Phillips" in the same sentence was jarring.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Well at least we know that nobody at Millwall has it, because Forest couldn't touch them if they tried last Friday.

:golfclap:

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Guavanaut posted:

Maggots have figured out how to breathe through a separate hole to the food hole, why haven't you?

Also octopodes.

octopodes can stay too

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

CoolCab posted:

Sapient.

loving plants are sentient. Sentient means able to sense and respond to changes in surroundings. Sapient means 'thinking'.

(Also elephants and pigs are probably sapient, most cetaceans almost certainly are)

But this is one of those distinctions that linguistic drift has rendered frustratingly indistinct, which is a shame, because it's a useful distinction.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

thespaceinvader posted:

loving plants are sentient.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

biglads posted:

I got that and have already deleted it. Having "our great movement" and "Jess Phillips" in the same sentence was jarring.

What is a giant poo poo if not a great movement

Another gem from C:\Users\Guavanaut\Desktop\David Cameron\holding things

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Whenever I see a photo of Cameron holding something I immediately start wondering if he hosed it. The safe answer always seems to be 'yes'.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/rx5UayK.gifv

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
went to the walk in centre to get some cocodamol, got seen by a gp within about half an hour of turning up and walked out with a prescription for 100 x 30/500, total cost for my whole experience was £9

I really love the NHS, I honestly can't imagine what it would be like having to deal with something like this when I was having to make decisions about whether it was worth thousands of pounds to go and see a doctor instead of just whether or not it hurts enough to go back to get some analgesia

hopefully we don't have to find out :(

suspect some of my warm fuzzy feelings may be related to the codeine

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

CoolCab posted:

The squid would also like a word :mad:

blunt posted:

Stay safe out there

:colbert:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

XMNN posted:

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

To be clear, I don't believe this is related to COVID, an aussie supermarket had a massive bulk-deal on toilet paper a week or two ago

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Imagine being the awkward sod who just wanted a tin of dog food

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

mehall posted:

To be clear, I don't believe this is related to COVID, an aussie supermarket had a massive bulk-deal on toilet paper a week or two ago

Oh. Less morbidly funny then but still :stare:

Have I missed an actual explanation for "why toilet roll"? I get hand sanitiser and meds but stockpiling loo roll??

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
iirc it went something like this:
China said that they’d be closing some factories or switching them to disease management, making medical supplies instead of some sanitary products.
Hong Kong worries that China’s going to cut them off for toilet paper and starts stockpiling.
News articles in Singapore say that HK has run out of toilet paper, Singaporeans start stockpiling.
Australia, where a lot of English-language East Asian news organisations are based, reports that multiple Asian cities have run out of toilet paper. Combined with the bulk sale Australians start buying tons of toilet paper.
Scenes start showing up on social media with pictures of empty shelves. America starts panic buying toilet paper even though they don’t get it from China because they said on Facebook that they've stopped making toilet paper.
Now there's a genuine shortage, and Britain joins in.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Bundy posted:

Oh. Less morbidly funny then but still :stare:

Have I missed an actual explanation for "why toilet roll"? I get hand sanitiser and meds but stockpiling loo roll??

Because you need to wipe your arse OP.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
What do these people imagine humankind was doing for millennia before the advent of toilet roll? :laugh:

You can clean your arse better at home with a showerhead and a towel

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

XMNN posted:

went to the walk in centre to get some cocodamol, got seen by a gp within about half an hour of turning up and walked out with a prescription for 100 x 30/500, total cost for my whole experience was £9

I really love the NHS, I honestly can't imagine what it would be like having to deal with something like this when I was having to make decisions about whether it was worth thousands of pounds to go and see a doctor instead of just whether or not it hurts enough to go back to get some analgesia

hopefully we don't have to find out :(

I was advised to get some medium strength cocodamol when I had my last UTI and lordy I was high as a kite for the rest of the evening

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
cool i think i'm going to be able to afford to do a masters in september so can apply for one

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Feels pretty good to live in the sparsely populated north in corona times, things are quiet and calm here, stores full of toilet paper so far.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Just went and did my weekly shop in north London. Tesco was crammed like I’ve never seen it at 1pm on a Tuesday, and the loo roll and canned tuna aisles looked like they’d been visited by The Golden Horde. Just nothing left.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

crispix posted:

What do these people imagine humankind was doing for millennia before the advent of toilet roll? :laugh:

You can clean your arse better at home with a showerhead and a towel

In fact people used to have individual wooden spoons to scrape their rear end with.

Edit. Or were they more like wooden butter knives.... I guess it could vary as they were home made

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Mar 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I was advised to get some medium strength cocodamol when I had my last UTI and lordy I was high as a kite for the rest of the evening

I had to go to A&E on Sunday with a knackered (not sure how yet) spinal disc. I had morphine for the first time :freakout: