Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toebone
Jul 1, 2002

Start remembering what you hear.

wizzardstaff posted:

So between this episode where they boosted the fried chicken hashtag and returned to the bit later to talk about how hungry they were for it, and the last one where they literally bought hundreds of Double Downs for the audience, can we assume that the live shows are sponsored by KFC now?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

wizzardstaff posted:

So between this episode where they boosted the fried chicken hashtag and returned to the bit later to talk about how hungry they were for it, and the last one where they literally bought hundreds of Double Downs for the audience, can we assume that the live shows are sponsored by KFC now?

I thought they bought hundreds of popeye's sandwiches

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kazy posted:

I'm sure it'll get old, but I do love how much Griffin and Justin absolutely hate Play Along at Home.

It got old the first time because it's literally the same bit as Sad Libs.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

more falafel please posted:

I thought they bought hundreds of popeye's sandwiches

It was the kfc donut chicken sandwich thing

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Waffleman_ posted:

It got old the first time because it's literally the same bit as Sad Libs.

I guess that explains it, I'm a new listener and have really only listened to the last 50~60 episodes. :v:

pat_b
Feb 14, 2009
Fallen Rib

Kazy posted:

I'm sure it'll get old, but I do love how much Griffin and Justin absolutely hate Play Along at Home.

it is great. Also riddle me piss. Both are way better than munch squad. They shouldn't do these bits at all tbh.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Xad posted:

It was the kfc donut chicken sandwich thing

They also said it was inedible and advised no one actually eat them, so...great advertising.

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
No it’s CLEARLY a conspiracy!!!

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

pat_b posted:

it is great. Also riddle me piss. Both are way better than munch squad. They shouldn't do these bits at all tbh.

we found travis

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Justin thwarting Travis by speedrunning Play Along at Home was good.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Sometimes I think Griffin dunks a bit too hard on Travis and I feel bad for him

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

riddle me piss would be an amazing bit if justin and griffin also brought riddles and the goal was to try to get each other to laugh the hardest, like the original conception of the bit

instead of just going "well it's a travis bit so we have to pretend it sucks and whine the whole time"

munch squad is already overdone but it'd be even worse if all of the responses were "this sucks" "hey justin can we read another loving question" "this is comedy poison"

e: "this yahoo comes from yadrew drewid drew davenport thank you drew. it's by yadrew answers user scampo who asks: if I put a pepper up my butt will i still get reflux?"

"i dunno. maybe" "who cares" "this is the pits"

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 10, 2020

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Colonel Whitey posted:

Sometimes I think Griffin dunks a bit too hard on Travis and I feel bad for him

What you have to realize is Travis is protected by the Middle Brother shield as well as being a performer so negative attention is just as good as positive attention. Dude thrives off of it. He's more than fine.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Zutaten posted:

What you have to realize is Travis is protected by the Middle Brother shield as well as being a performer so negative attention is just as good as positive attention. Dude thrives off of it. He's more than fine.

As an only child who hates excessive attention I can’t even imagine having that kind of psyche.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Zutaten posted:

if his wife's appearance on the show is any indication, it's vitally necessary everyone continue to dunk on travis or else things will only get worse

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I'm fine with dunking on Travis but bits where the point is that it's bad and the other two brothers just complain about how bad it is while travis wink-nudge acknowledges that it's bad too are loving terrible. it'd be much better to just have bad bits

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

They also said it was inedible and advised no one actually eat them, so...great advertising.

"So bad it's good" is like the entire premise of Munch Squad.

"Hey guys, we bought sandwiches for all of you and they are TOTALLY INEDIBLE but we're just going to put them out by the merch table for everyone, DON'T EAT THEM but they're completely free NOT LIKE YOU SHOULD TAKE THEM THOUGH haha but wouldn't it be funny if you actually did? And then tweeted #KFC to tell everyone how gross it was? LOL DON'T DO THIS."

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

MBMBAM has been getting stale for me. I've been enjoying Garbage Brain University more lately.

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I like how Griffin was all ready to dunk on “craving a smell” guy, and then slowly realizing he was the rear end in a top hat.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

It's the same as when they advertised Crimes of Skimbleshanks by making GBS threads on it for an hour.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Don't you have to disclose that you're doing a paid promotion or else the FCC will come for your rear end

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

Wait do people think they’re getting paid whenever they bring up some brand? They (Justin in particular) just seem to be very amused by weird products and pop culture things and like to riff on them, like they do with everything else. I’m not cynical enough to think they only do a Thor Watch when they’re getting paid by Disney.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

Don't you have to disclose that you're doing a paid promotion or else the FCC will come for your rear end

That's why they did it on the two episodes that WERE sponsored.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

munch squad is already overdone but it'd be even worse if all of the responses were "this sucks" "hey justin can we read another loving question" "this is comedy poison"

disagree, this exact thing needs to happen every episode

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

wizzardstaff posted:

"So bad it's good" is like the entire premise of Munch Squad.

"Hey guys, we bought sandwiches for all of you and they are TOTALLY INEDIBLE but we're just going to put them out by the merch table for everyone, DON'T EAT THEM but they're completely free NOT LIKE YOU SHOULD TAKE THEM THOUGH haha but wouldn't it be funny if you actually did? And then tweeted #KFC to tell everyone how gross it was? LOL DON'T DO THIS."
that lucrative "sponsor a random rear end live show in the hopes that it'll one day be put online if the mcelroys all get sick at the same time and can't record an episode" money

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Advertisers will pay for their product being said in any way. That's the industry.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
A product that has long since ceased being sold because they only ever cover novelty foods that stores put out for very limited periods.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Advertisers will pay for their product being said in any way. That's the industry.

Again, if they were being paid, they would have to disclose it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And again, the McElroys have been completely transparent about this stuff multiple times in the past, with the two sponsored MBMBaMs and Second Life Second Chances.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

who cares if it was sponsored the show was very bad

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I enjoyed it until the last two questions, too much energy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbJJL7oNgI

E: You know, I think Travis should stop pussyfooting around and get that loving sexpert degree already.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Mar 11, 2020

Squack McQuack
Nov 20, 2013

by Modern Video Games
The live show was pretty good, the brothers are not secretly funded by Yum Brands, please log off and seek mental help.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I'm just mad they uploaded this Cincy show but not the one I went to last year.

I wanna hear Justin threatening to go in the sewer and beat Pennywise's rear end again.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Assuming they don't already have it on the joco cruise, what do you think the first sawbones episode is gonna be like when the family is back in coronavirus ridden USA?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shinjobi posted:

Assuming they don't already have it on the joco cruise, what do you think the first sawbones episode is gonna be like when the family is back in coronavirus ridden USA?
an hour of chanting "wash your hands, don't touch your face" over and over, increasing in volume

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
New Monster Factory - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbJJL7oNgI

Also I guess they stopped uploading the podcasts to YouTube. Is Sticher still cool or are there better podcast catchers?

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

No.1 Special posted:

Also I guess they stopped uploading the podcasts to YouTube. Is Sticher still cool or are there better podcast catchers?

i use Podcast Addict. There's nothing I can think of that would make me wanna use anything else, which I suppose is what makes a good app.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

No.1 Special posted:

stitcher is arguably the worst podcast app there is, and i assume the only reason they make any money is people who want to listen to back episodes of earwolf podcasts that're paywalled

pocketcasts is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Pocketcasts is the only podcast app I've found that will let me listen to podcasts in reverse chronological order in a playlist without having to add them all manually. Great for fiction/serialized podcasts.